Iberostar Mojito

Ave de Los Hoteles, 69400 Cuba

IGNORE ALL THE MOANERS

Reviewed Wed 5th of October 2011

"This a fantastic resort - we were upgraded to a lagoona villa upon arrival and spent a blissful 2 weeks here. The lagoon was not smelly as previously mentioned in other "moaner" reveiews. The food is plentiful although a little bland but you wont go hungry. The staff are amazing and so friendly, as with tipping NO they dont expect this every time!
With the last reveiwer what is the point of writing a reveiw 3 years after your holiday!!!
I would definatley go back as we had a fantastic stress free relaxing holiday.
IGNORE THE MOANERS - SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST NEVER HAPPY

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2011

Amazing and planning to go back!

Reviewed Wed 13th of October 2010

"This hotel is clean, changed towels everyday. Everyone is so friendly. We were there for a week never got bored. The beach is close, the water is amazing. Entertain was good and the food was AMAZING everything from shimp to lobster to hambergers and hotdogs. Great job NH Krystal we will be seeing you soon!
Calm Canadian"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of July 2010

read this true review

Reviewed Tue 8th of September 2009

"dont read any other review apart from this !!!!!!!!! i 35 and my mrs 26 from wolves stayed hear and it was the dogs nuts.. trust me.. you get everything from great food great beer, great room and you get to meet great people. the beaches are out of this world and take some money with you for excursions they are well worth it.. trust me book it you will have a ball ..."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009

very good

Reviewed Tue 4th of August 2009

"we arrived at nh krytal and at 1st glance i thought very nice, we got our room and a portter took us to our room on a golf buggy type veh.the room was nice, clean and was well presented.a few things i would like to let guests of cuba know about is that it'S a tipping culture,we arrived at the resort by bus your requested to tip the driver,tip the portter the only thing wrong with tis you don't have any cuban money ( so have a couple of pound coins at hand until you can change some cash later on)you can change british money on site at a good rate the small bank is next to the reception. the most important i have to tell you about is the mozzies you get eatting alive our insect repel, didn't work too good and it wasn't till our 2nd week we fond out about the local repel,that was really good stuff only 9 paso's from the shop on site (highly recmd).the food was not bad but you should go to the buffet rest,early so not to be disappointed ( breakfast 07.30 lunch 12.30 dinner 19.30)there are also some resterants you have to book italian,steak house,seafood and cuban i would only rec,the cuban rest, there is also a beach bar/rest is ok for a quick snack. the bars are all ok renember to tip the waiters the way we did it was we tipped them every 3-4 rounds.in the buffet rest,i only tipped every now and then but we did tip the cook that was on the grill in the morn/afternoon he always went out his way for you for a couple of paso's here and there (he's on the egg's in the morn).the holiday rep is very good she deals with all the excus,your better to book them with her,you can also book trips with freddie he's a guy who works on the banana boat, glass bottom boat he can get most trip's at a cheeper price. havana trip is ok but not worth the money even with the toppicana night.To save weight on your luggage you don't need to take beach towels with you you get them at the pool hut,we had only 1 bad night at the resort when the rain belted down and we got flooded out it was the last night the nigth staff coulded keep up with the complaints it was so bad that we had to share a room with a family who we knew but all'n'all cayo coco was great i would go back again."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

long time visitor

Reviewed Mon 6th of April 2009

"My husband and I have been going to nh krystal since it has opened.as Elsenador..We have been about 14 times now..And have met peaple that have been as many times or more than we have....infact its like a second home...yes it has went up and down due to the change of ownership..And hot water is a bit of a problem sometimes.lucky the world is not perfact.And lets not forget peaple we r in a different country all together...u really cant expect to have the things you would get in a americanized country....or u should go pay the price to stay in the caymen islands...the cuban peaple are the best and the beaches r clean and beautiful..(And for one of the other coments I read.).as for the english..I no how your tipping works..do you no what they get paid or how much a bag of milk is for them.well us canaians tip...and just think your money is worth way more then ours.Well thats all...We r going in 3 days and we will continue to go "

• Travel date: Sat 4th of April 2009

NH Krystal villas Cayo Coco, Cuba

Reviewed Sun 29th of March 2009

"This is an English review. After reading numerous bad reviews about this hotel my fiancee and I were dreading this holiday, but I can honestly say that it wasn't as bad as these reviews make it out to be. Maybe it depends on the time of year you go there. We went in Feb/March and the place was busy, I would say that most of the clientele were Canadians.

The hotel room was very clean and the maid came every day and clean towels were provided daily. We gave the maid a tip of 1cuc every day and a little gift; I packed extra toiletries and gave away some of the make up that I knew I would'nt use. The Cubans are extremley grateful for any gifts that they receive as some of the stuff we take for granted are not available over there.

The food was ok, it was a bit repetitive towards the end of the holiday but that's to be expected isn't it. Fresh fish and different meats can be cooked to order at the grill. One bit of advise is to go to the canteen early to avoid the queues. I did notice that you got better service if you tip the waiters.

There were various bars at the complex and the drinks were plentiful, we didn't have any experiences of drinks running out (I'd bought a bottle of vodka at the airport just incase). My only complaint was that the bar areas were not enclosed, so it got cold sitting there at night as it is quite windy (make sure you pack plenty of cardies). We would go to the cigar lounge which was enclosed. The cigar lounge has got a large pool table and the music is good there too. The barman Freddy is a huge Liverpool fan and he opened the bar early so we could go and watch a game. Tipping is appreciated at the bars but I wouldn't say expected; we didn't tip everytime but usually tipped 2-3 times on a nightly visit to the various bars..most of the money we changed went on tipping and we spent more than we thought we would do!!

There is only one word to describe the beach...AMAZING!! White sand and turquoise sea, it really is one of the best beaches I have seen. There is also a bar on the beach.

We went on an overnight trip to Havana which was expensive at 289cuc each, but you can't go to Cuba without seeing Havana. It was worth the money we paid as all the meals were provided for and a trip to see the Tropicana show, which was good. The hotel we stayed at whilst in Havana was 5* and was very plush..a waste really as we were there for a short time.

The only drawback that I can think about staying at the NH Krystal is that Cayo Coco is a small uninhabited island with about 7 hotels, so if you fancy a break from your hotel and the food there is no local bars or restaurants.

• Travel date: Sun 29th of March 2009

Not Bad

Reviewed Sat 28th of February 2009

"Very disorganized resort. We arrived at 9:30am and were not given a room until 6:00pm The resort was nice and clean it is rated 4 star but I would say it is no more than a 3 star if you are looking for a relaxing do nothing holiday then this would be it. Over all it is Cuba so what can you expect for a cheap price."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of February 2009

This place is not a 4 star!!!! 1 or 2 more like it!!!1

Reviewed Thu 19th of February 2009

"This was the worst vacation Ever!!!!!

Note form.

1)The Rooms were dirty, not safe for small children like was travelling with us.
2)No Hot water in showers, had to pack up kids and go to gym to shower in morning. Managers didn't do anything about this.
3)The bars always ran out of beer in the earily evening, and wouldn't get more.
4)The food wasn't good, also they alway ran out of food, everyday!!!!!
5)Don't use Sunwing, their rep there sucks, won't do anything to help you, until you pay him.
6)It was suppose to be all inclusive, however in order to get service, drinks, and food, you had to tip them everytime. We went through over $500 us in tips so we can we served. Very Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
7)Moist of the helpers are very nice, however the management team needs help in customer serivce.
8)I Hate being bugged on my resort for Money, and this was happening from all the landscapers. Really Bad!!!!
9)Had to change rooms due to my first room toilet didn't work, first they told us to just walk across the path and use the one in the restaurant. ahaahaha What a joke.
10)After the move, the manager called us and told us we had to pay 90 Pasos for bedsheets that we stolen from the room. hahaha, right go to a 3rd world country and steal their garbage!!!! I had to fight this alll during my vacation.
11)Had problems at the tennis court, a worker yelling at my little 8 year old daughter for losing a ball over the fence into the garbage field, YES MAJOR GARBAGE FIELD RIGHT ON THE RESORT. When we refused to go in the germ field to get the ball, he starting yelling at everybody!!! I talked to the manager, he did nothing only laughed at it.
12)the beach is not cleaned!!!! we walked to other resorts and all beached were cleaned every morning. Not this place, it was very bad!!!! Kids couldn't play on the beach there.
I can go on and on, but you get my point!!!!! This place is a joke, don't go there, nor use sunwing as they will not back you up.

There are much better places in Cuba than this little hole in the ground.

I hope everybody planning a trip there will read this and not go, you will be disappointed!!!!

If you want more information contact me at [email protected]

Robert"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of February 2009

A bad holiday experience

Reviewed Wed 17th of December 2008

"This holiday was rated by tour operators as 4 star. In my opinion i would not give it as much as 2. I believe the reason for 4 stars was becuase it had extras such as spa (never worked) tennis court and four al a carte restaurants.
The rooms were pretty basic and tired looking. There were no tea and coffee making facilities in rooms and a couple that we became friendly with told me that her bath was not sealed. As a result, the water went behind the bath and run into the wardrobe. Consequently most of her clothes were damp or wet.
The hotel continually ran out of supplies including beer, rum, baileys, tomato juice to cheese for pizzas. The toilets in reception rarely had any tiolet rolls and were not as clean as i would have expected.
On several occasions the maids left our apartment windows open, this allowed the mosquitoes to enter our room, eventually we had the room fumigated.
The food left a lot to be desired. In the buffets they constantly ran out of things and the al la carte's were no better. The steak house and Italian were the worst. The one consolation was the seafood. The service there was exceptional and the food very impressive.
Overall, the holiday experience is not one that i would wish to repeat. I only hope that by expressing my experience will deter others, or at the very least, prepare them beforehand

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2008

Never Again!

Reviewed Mon 17th of November 2008

"I have read many of the recent reviews and whilst many of them state quite clearly that the food and drink is scarce, the authors then go on to say what a great holiday they had.

I found that the food and drink situation was so bad that the entire holiday was spoilt as you were continually being denied the basics. How can this make for a 'great holiday?

There are mentions in the other reviews that some of the problems were caused by the English wanting to drink excessive amounts. In fact it was the Canadians having enormous 'Bubba Kegs' or 'Greedy Cups' filled throughout the day whilst the English were content with the small cups or glasses provided by the hotel that exacerbated the rationing. It was also large groups of Canadians (not youths) taking over the pool area, drinking excessively, bringing glass bottles and glasses into the pool, jumping off the top of the bar into the pool (with scant regard for other peoples safety) that helped us to enjoy our holiday - NOT! If we ever hear the words "bring it on" in the next 100 years it will be too soon!

I don't know what rating this holiday is given in Canadian holiday brochures, but in English ones the rating is 4*. Regardless of variations from country to country a 4* all-inclusive hotel should be providing acceptable and plentiful food and drink throughout the holiday. Obviously some people will accept lower standards; one wonders why they chose a 4* holiday in the first place - they could have saved themselves a lot of money and gone 2*.

I agree that there were problems with people being drunk and becoming aggressive but this was due to the running out of; beer, all soft drinks, all mixers, ice, wine, and coffee all at the same time. The barstaff were serving neat bacardi, vodka etc as they had nothing else to serve. 4* all-inclusive. I THINK NOT!

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

we went to Nh krystal this year in july....

Reviewed Tue 16th of September 2008

"we went to Nh krystal this year in july...for 2 weeks all inclusive..this place is amazing...we went last year inaugust, although it is cuban low season half of it is closed..so what ure in cuba...u getthe same facilities...the cigar lounge is still open. take trips do excusrions...this is the bestholidays ive ever been on..id definatly go back andreccomend it to anyone!!

cuba is amazing"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

The 10 hour flight in March 2008 seemed...

Reviewed Tue 26th of August 2008

"The 10 hour flight in March 2008 seemed long, but our final destination was worth it. In addition to the normal two buffet restaurants, one at each end of the complex, it is adviseable to book early into the 4 ala carte (Italian, Fish, American and Cuban restaurants). We also booked into the VIP Restaurant which is not part of the all inclusive. Sadly, we didnt get round to the Havana trip because it was heavily booked, but we managed a day out in a Catamaran (lovely trip with beautiful scenery) and a coach visit to mainland Cuba, which included a visit to an interesting Sugar Mill, Wildlife park (with crocs) , horse & buggy, etc. Complex execellent,nice and clean, facilities good, daily supply of fresh clean beach towels. Villa clean. Food good. The return flight was reduced to 7 hours, with the help of a tailwind! We would happily return to Cuba to visit the places we didnt get round to on the last trip. Everyone including staff very friendly. Holidaymakers at the time (March08) consisted of 90% Canadian/French Canadian."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of August 2008

Hotels near Iberostar Mojito

Stayed at Iberostar Mojito? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Iberostar Mojito

• "Never really got to see the real Cuba "

• lowballking by lowballking

"Don't go where, there are way nicer places to travel than this dump!!!!!!!!! "

• lowballking by lowballking

"Only nice thing about the trip is when we went in a Town called Moron, very nice people!!! "

• bigrobbie by bigrobbie

"glass bottom boat,fishing and cuban restauant "

Iberostar Mojito is also called