Other

Good
Good

Exceptional Hotel- The best ever!

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"My wife and I just returned from five nights at this exceptional property. We are both very picky so when something goes right, we very much like to spread the word. On virtually every important criteria, the Ritz exceeded our very high expectations. The common areas of the property are just breathtaking and the oceanfront room that we enjoyed was rich and exceptionally well appointed. I am also pleased to report that every single staff member that we interacted with went above and beyond to meet our needs. I was particularly impressed by the young gentleman who took my call at 7:00 am to help us with dive reservations. He got us exactly what we needed and, surprisingly, politely declined my offer of a $20 tip, explaining that it was his pleasure to do so. While this was exceptional, I was just so impressed that every staff member was so professional and helpful. While we were very impressed with most aspects of the hotel, I feel compelled to report that I felt the food throughout the property was mediocre at best. Blue was the better of the two restaurants, but I was very disappointed with 7, the room service and all other food. It just seemed to be standard-issue institutional food that you could get at any restaurant, hospital or cafeteria. The good news is there are many fine restaurants on the island. Try the Reef Club, and especially the Grand Old House. The Grand Old House was very expensive, but the view and food were worth it. The island still seems to be suffering from the effects of Hurricane Ivan and many of the restaurants are closed, but there are enough to keep you busy. With those few negative comments in mind, I still recommend giving this property a try. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected]"

• Travel date: 7th October 2006

Sept. 7 -12, Whatta place to relax from the rat race

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"We booked the "Free Fallin" promotion through AA.com (departing DFW) and got our 5th night free, 11,000 advantage miles and a 2 for 1 'Red Sail Sports' cat sunset trip along with some other perks. The Ritz price was less than $250/night considering we got a small corporate discount and airport transfers were included as well. It ended up being less then the Hyatt (which looked like it had been rode hard and put up wet) and several other much less attractive hotels. I can't imagine anything in the islands being any nicer then the Ritz. The only down side was the price of the drinks and food. Fortunately, the liquor stores are close by and the 10% discount coupons are plentiful. The grocery store is a short walk away too. There are several lower cost places to eat within walking distance but lower is a relative term considering this is an island and the currency trades like the Euro. If you don't mind a longer walk, 'Chicken - Chicken' has great chicken salad and we brought a container back to the room and put it in the mini-fridge and had sandwiches whenever we wanted a little something. It beat the prices at the Ritz by a whole lot. The restaurant across from the Westin had great blueberry pancakes for a reasonable price and it's very close to the Ritz. The ocean water temperature was 86 degrees and the beach pool was close to that too. It was perfect for snorkeling up and down the beach and there were hardly any tourists anywhere. The Ritz had 5% occupancy so we had everything to ourselves. We rarely ran into another person in the spa when using the 'free' sauna, steam room or whirlpool and sampling the La Prairie products which were great products - pricey, but nice. If you can book on short notice (we booked 7 days in advance) so you can be sure there's not a hurricane in line to spoil your trip, I highly recommend going this time of year and staying at the Ritz. It's really a great luxury value (if there is such a thing) for what you get and I'm guessing the 5th night free deal could also be described as the 'hurricane special'. The Ritz, the weather, the water and the respite from the rat race were just perfect. If you're looking for some luxury quiet time - this is the place and the time for it."

• Travel date: 21st September 2006

Best Ritz in the World; Best Beach in the Caribbean; Worth the Price

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"After reading many good reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to stay at the Ritz, Grand Cayman over comparable Antigua properties, Turks & Caicos, and the Four Seasons Costa Rica. We were not disappointed. My husband and I are fairly high maintenance travelers. We were disappointed with the Ritz in St. Thomas last year, but cannot say enough nice things about the Ritz Grand Cayman. It is more modern (but still traditional) than most Ritz hotels, and the service is first class. They are right when their brochure describes Grand Cayman as an island in the Caribbean and not a Caribbean island. NO people approached us selling items; every time I went to sit in a chair a Ritz employee fixed it up with fresh towels, moved the umbrella, brought me ice water and/or fruit, etc. Really, the only cons are that there isn't good golf on the island (but we weren't looking to do much) and it was hotter than I recall it being in the past (when we stayed at the Westin Causarina). ROOMS: The rooms are typical Ritz rooms, very nice. Not as "cool" as a W or other boutique hotel, but traditional and nice. We requested a crib and refrigerator (this was our first trip with our newborn) and they had it and the refrigerator in our room before we got there. HOWEVER, if you are looking for a beach vacation, SPEND THE MONEY to stay in an oceanfront room. Otherwise, you will walk a fair distance (though in air conditioned halls) from the property across the street from the beach. BREAKFAST BUFFET AT 7: I'd highly recommend a package with the buffet. Everything you'd ever want for breakfast and more. Perfectly cooked and nicely presented. We never ate lunch the entire week, just a big breakfast and then dinner. ROOM SERVICE: Room service was very good, and no more expensive than most hotels in the U.S. We ate it most nights (traveling with our newborn). POOLSIDE FOOD & DRINKS: The drinks are expensive but we didn't really mind because the property was so nice and the service was great. We considered it a room tax of sorts to stay there. The food was better than most poolsides. HOTEL COMMON AREAS: The hotel's common areas are fantastic. As is the restaurant, Blue. POOL: We only visited the oceanside pool and it was very nice. The water is tub-warm, but that was great for us since we had our infant with us. OTHER GUESTS: All guests were fairly educated, polite, and well dressed. While you would expect this at an expensive resort, it has not always been our experience. We enjoyed everyone we met. SPA: The spa is out of this world, literally. Spaceship cool. Very modern, unusual. A recommended experience. My massage was just so-so, but the atmosphere, free products, and facilities more than made up for it. You can visit the spa free all week if you're a hotel guest (something I didn't know until our last day), so take advantage of it. OVERALL VALUE: We will be back, and we rarely return to the same place. We paid $499 (plus about $100 in taxes, etc.) for an oceanfront room (offseason). The rate included our buffet breakfast and a $100 credit every day. It ended up being a really good deal. We have stayed at the Westin, and it's biggest advantage is that it is really small and compact -- but the Westin food, service and amenities pale in comparison to the Ritz."

• Travel date: 27th August 2006

Most Pampered Resort Ever!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"This resort has it all. You must visit the Silver Rain Spa! This is the best hotel on all of 7 Mile beach. The staff is extraordinary, helpful and go out of their way to make your stay fabulous. This was my wifes and my 1st year anniversary and the Ritz made it a memorable one. From being greated with Champagne, our couples massage, and an anniversary card from the staff, this is the best hotel. If you are looking for a great atmosphere, fabulous food, and a need to be pampered, the Ritz Grand Cayman is for you!"

• Travel date: 25th August 2006

They set the bar

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"....at the island. The minute we arrived at the hotel is was everything you could imagine from the Ritz. Concierge, guest services, maid service, all staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Although pricey you get what you pay for. The rooms are brightly painted and of course impeccable. Whether you are on the lagoon side or ocean side the views are exquisite. However, the best view is the ocean view. The hotel is grand also in size and you will need to take a few hours to navigate yourself around and get your bearings, make sure you do this the 1st day. Make sure you spend a friday night at the lounge where there is usually a live DJ and many locals make their way there to socialize with the guests. Think Delano on South Beach on any given night. Perwinkles restaurant is excellent for lunch or dinner and offers perfect outdoor dining under the Cayman skies. This hotel does not miss one beat. they are at your call 24/7 and will do anything to accomadate and make your stay enjoyable. The beach is probably the nicest location on 7 mile beach. HINT, if you want to claim a bed on the beach get there early (first come first serve) around 7:30-8am and claim your turf they get taken very quickly and early. hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did! and definitely use cpt. marvins for your stingray city tour. take the tour in the afternoon when the waters are calmer and the weather is usually better."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2006

Loved the Ritz

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"The new Ritz at Grand Cayman was wonderful. The service was impeccable and the food was good--especially the buffet breakfast! Rooms had lovely soothing decor with balconies, bathrooms complete with first class amenities. Staff was very friendly, Ervin on the beach even remembered our names. The beach was nice, not like St. John, but nice. Go the stingray city with Captain Marvin--a must, snorkel at Eden rock and cheeseburger reef (behind the Burger King in Georgetown). We ate twice at the Lobster Pot. Great food, especially the lobster tails. We were sad to see the Cracked Conch closed for renovations. Hint: book your vacation through (--). We all received a free buffet breakfast every morning, room upgrade for the kids, $60 gift shop credit per room."

• Travel date: 21st July 2006

Hotels near The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is also called

• Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman
  • grand cayman ritz carlton
  • ritz carlton grand cayman