The Pool at the 7 Mile Beach Resort and Club

I love this place! :)

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"My wife & I stayed at 7 Mile Beach Club last September, and are going back again next month. The resort is within walking distance of some very nice bars and restaraunts, we had a lot of fun! The unit we stayed in was clean and comfortable, but we did'nt spend much time there as most of our time was spent out by the pool........LOVE THE POOL!! The water was crystal clear, and there is a relaxing waterfall near the center that you can sit under if you are so inclined (we were)....... oh, and there are plenty of lounge chairs and palm trees around the pool also. The staff: Friendly friendly friendly! The staff, as well as the guest we met there were very nice. In short, we loved the place. Can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: 7th September 2004

Family had a blast

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"We just returned on August 22 from a week at the Seven Mile Beach Resort. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable, especially the dive staff. My daughter received her open water certification during the week and had a blast. My 9-year old son even got exposed to diving by the staff and was allowed to dive to 8 feet at Eden's Rock (with an instructor). Room was recently renovated, very nice and very spacious. Do not miss the evening trip to Stingray city to snorkel and feed the Stringrays. It is a must!"

• Travel date: 22nd August 2004

Awsome 10 year wedding anniversary

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Stayed at 7 mile beach resort for a week starting July 16, 2004. Was not sure what to expect after reading previous reviews. When we first arrived they also hit us up for $145 US for energy and tax surcharge. Once we got past that we had an awsome time. A 1 to 2 minute walk to the beach, and you were in paradise. White sand, clear blue water, beach chairs, what a life. Condos were nicely furnished, and a remodel was in the works. Our unit was not remodeled yet, but was fine. The activities at the resort would be great if you bring the kids, but since we left them at home we did not do many. The pool was nice, but we did not spent to much time there, as the beach was our hang out. I recommend getting the 2 strawberry daiquiri for $8 at the 7 mile beach bar, and head down to the beach and watch the sunset. Look for the green flash! Snorkling at the beach was great. Saw stingray's, lot's of colorful fish, and a baracuda. I have two must do recomendations. #1 Stingray City Snorkel Cruise on Soto's Cruises for $19 CI. Recommend going on the afternoon trip, as we did this trip twice, once in the morning, and once in the afternoon, and the afternoon trip hands down was an awsome experience. In the afternoon you don't have the cruise ship traffic, and will get a better experience with the ray's. Also if they video the trip it's worth the $45 US for the tape. as it was our best souviner. The other must do is dinner at Cafe' Mediterranean, this was our last dinner on the island and it did not disappoint. I recommend the Grigliate, which is shrimp, filet mignon, and a lobster tail! We ate out every night and all the food was great, but highly recommend Cafe' Med. Also rented a car for a day and put 150 miles on it driving all around the island. It was a little strange driving with the sterring wheel on the right, and driving on the left. Rina, thanks for a memorable 10 years, and many more to come."

• Travel date: 10th August 2004

Quiet clean and comfortable

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I stayed at this hotel on june 27/04-july 04/04....I have to say the room i stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The ground were also well kept. The first day I arrived I was shocked to find out I had to pay $145.00 US when I checked in at the front desk for government tax and enery charge. I exchanged with interval international since this is a timeshare property and was never told by interval I had to pay this extra charge anyway that was taken care of. overall I believe the resort was actually nice there was no loud noise that I can say bothered my stay there. The beach was a little rocky but if you walk along the beach further down the ocean is actually quite nice. I did a trip to Turtle farm which was quite nice the price was very affordable it was $6.00 US for adults and half price for children. I also did the stringray city tour which was $23.50 US for everyone that was a beautiful trip I recommend it highly. I also went to the Atlantis submarine which I paid $84.00 US per person adult fare children are a bit cheaper. The submarine took us 100ft under the ocean I must say under the ocean is absolutely beautiful, I did not see much fish but I think that trip should have been cheaper. I visited rum point beach which I really didn't think to much of. I recommend renting a car as you can travel to so many places and it's so much convenient. I suggest shopping at the Blue Iguana store at the dock in Georgetown for souvenirs as it's very cheap there, the airport is very expensive. Alcohol is much cheaper at the Airport. The Cayman people are very friendly, the Island is very clean and safe. Be prepared to spend a lot of money as things there are very expensive as the Cayman dollar is higher than the US currency."

• Travel date: 9th July 2004

Okay, but you can find better value for the money elsewhere

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"Just spent June 5-12 2004 here. I chose this resort based on the photos and description in the Interval World catalog of timeshare condos. Live and learn! The place is 22 years old and just looks tired and neglected - cracked windows, rusty insides to microwave and fridge, mildew on the plastic loungers by the pool, loose hadrails on the stairs, a hole in the wall of out unit. Apparently the place is under new management so there is hope for improvement in the maintenance department. And there is a major renovation project going on to update all the units - this was the cause of the daily 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. horrendously loud jack hammering noises that made it pretty hard to relax by the pool. So we headed for the beach to escape the noise. This resort's portion of the famous 7 Mile Beach is only about 10 feet wide and there was about 8 feet of sand from the steps down to the beach to the sea. I understood from a timeshare owner there that there is NO sand there in the winter when the winter storms pretty much wash it all away. There were 2 plastic loungers on the beach, both broken and filthy. That's the negative stuff. On the positive side, the pool has already been redone and is large and lovely, inlcudes a wading area suitable for small children. There is a dive center on site that offers scuba and snorkeling outings at competiive prices. The place is within walking distance of several restuarants and shopping centers, including a grocery store, so you don't really need a car. The actual condo was okay but nothing special. We asked for a tour of a renovated unit and the difference between what we were staying in and the new unit was like the difference between a really old Motel 6 and a brand new Ritz-Carlton! I would stay here again but only AFTER renovations are completed and the awful construction noise is over. For the price, there are better places on the island."

• Travel date: 12th June 2004

AVIOD IT

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"This place is the pits. I had difficulty in the past. I love the Caymans and the people there so I thought I would try Seven Mile Beach resort once more. I found their "new rooms" to be "non- beach " they seemed more like a hotel with no atmosphere. But what really turned me off of the place is the ATTIUDE of the Management ! ! ! Of course they were American and do not have the same behaviors of the ISLANDERS. The management only appears to care about the big bucks ! ! ! What a shame that they can ruin a perfect place."

• Travel date: 12th June 2004

We plan to stay there again.

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"When the renovations are finished, it will be fine.Hope that the doom and gloomers DO go somewhere else."

• Travel date: 13th February 2004

pleasant place to stay

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Not the fanciest place, but the pool area is pleasant. No beach access. No one does on that part of SMB since the last hurricane washed it away! In the midst of upgrading condos. New units very nice."

• Travel date: 27th January 2004

no beach

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"If you are looking for a resort directly on the beach, I would stay somewhere else. The beach has been washed away totally. You can walk next door to the Marriott and use their beach, but they lost all of the sand so you have to walk down stairs directly into the ocean. The units themselves were clean and stocked. Since one side of the resort is under complete renovation, you want to make sure you are on the opposite side, as the workers seemed to start early and work late. Staff was very friendly and location was good. Many places you can walk to. Overall it was not that bad and we had a great vacation, but were disappointed since we were lead to believe that it was actually on a "Seven Mile Beach" which we had thought we would be able to take long walks on."

• Travel date: 5th November 2003

Avoid like the plague

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Woken up on the first morning by the sound of workmen overhead. View consisted of a hedge and scaffolding. The place was infested by ants. The bar was closed for renovations. Shall I go on. The interiors looked like a throw-back from a bad 80's sit-com. The beach by the hotel was washed away two years ago by a hurricane - they forgot to mention that little fact when booking. Avoid it like the plague - go and stay at the Marriott."

• Travel date: 20th October 2003