Master bed room 7

Lovely gem in Cane Garden Bay

Reviewed 13th May 2016

"This was my 2nd trip to the BVI and 2nd time to stay at The Lighthouse Villas. Malcia is a most gracious hostess and provides bright and comfortable rooms with a spectacular views. The daily housekeeping service is excellent and both women Carrie and Yanice are efficient, helpful, and eager to assist guests. I was staying at the villas when the group complained about their room being broken into. This particular group was loud and complained about everything, and went up and down the beach complaining. They were not asked to leave, but were given an opportunity to move to another hotel if they were so unhappy with these villas. All the rooms are lovely, some are larger than the others, but there is not a bad room in these villas. Each visit, I have communicated with Malcia my arrival times and sent a text when I was on the ferry from St. Thomas, so she knew of my arrival. She also arranged to have a taxi meet me in Road Town to bring me to Cane Garden Bay. I will definitely be going back and staying at the Lighthouse Villas. They are located in a small village with beach restaurants and entertainment yet in the middle of a small community with churches, school, and homes. I traveled alone and feel completely safe in the location. It would be very difficult for someone to get on the balcony due to height. "

• Travel date: 7th May 2016

Nature's Little Secret

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"What a gorgeous place !!!! I loved every minute of the time I spent here. The proprietor was very accomidating, and was eager to assist me. I stayed there for a week and didn't hear anything except for the waves crashing against the shore...... My only complaint is that I couldn't bottle it up and take it back home with me....... I give it two thumbs up !!"

• Travel date: 26th May 2004

You will go back and back.....

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"It seems I'm the first reviewer from the UK, but although Cane Garden Bay isn't the easiest place to get to (more of that later) it's well worth it. Malcia is a lovely lady who has become a friend (we have been coming here for about four years now) and although her husband Jerry has now sadly passed away, she is still soldiering on and running the Villas just as before. We always have the studio room, nice and big (with the biggest balcony), sea view, and no point in paying more, we don't think! You can buy food easily, the beach is one minute away, and everything you need is on the spot (we only needed a beach!). The Villas provide a jacuzzi in a decked area alongside, with a beach bar and a barbecue - but we have never seen anyone in that area other than ourselves! The whole place is so relaxed and laidback and the people are too, that you must give this a try - get to know them. TRAVEL HINT FOR BRITS - do NOT book through a travel agent, they will send you on a long airline trip via the US which will take you about 15 hrs (we've been there!). Book an Air 2000 flight from the UK to St Thomas (warning - there's only one a week!), and then book a ferry (via Marjorie at Smiths Ferries) from St Thomas to Tortola, then get a taxi. This is much better than any other way (believe me, we've tried them all!) and it can all be done online, via email or over the phone - you can book the flight via Sunsail (0870 777 0313), and it only costs £400-odd return (this makes the holiday very reasonable!)."

• Travel date: 26th May 2004

Great hoenymoon spot

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We researched many places before we decided on Lighthouse Villas. It was the best decision we ever made! We stayed for two weeks in October and pretty much had the place to ourselves! Our penthouse room was very clean, bright, and nicely decorated. The views are breathtaking! The walk to the beach and local bars were literally seconds from Lighthouse. The website is exactly what you'll get. When I looked at other Tortola villa sites online and then saw them in person, I was shocked to see that many of them look very dumpy. Its worth a trip! Two very minor compliants... the maids like to clean the rooms very early in the morning...9:30ish and the barking dog next door."

• Travel date: 25th March 2004

A Treasure

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"After 2 months of careful research, our 10 day stay during Feb 04 landed at the Lighthouse Villas.We stayed in the Palm Tree Suite which is on the second floor. The view from the room and the balcony was stunning. Extremely picturesqe, clearly viewing the water, moured boats, Jost Van dyke, St. Thomas and other Islands. So clear is the view that we saw a Sting Ray swim up and "wander" the beach area, chasing all the bait fish from it's path. Never a disapointing sunset!! the building itself sits behind another building, but certaintly does not hinder any view from the upper suites. Though for those whom have a problem ambulating, (walking) the walk up the hill to get to your retreat may prove some difficulty, but its good excercise. The room itself is very nicely furnished. It is large, bright, airy and very clean. A fully appointed kitchen, though with the bare minimal of utensiles, but enough to get by. An outdoor gas cooking grill is availbale for use in the "common area". Water preasure is about the same as elsewhere, remember, these are the islands, though there is hot water in the morning, provided you get up early enough,, even then its managable vs other showers I've experienced on the island. As for noise from other guests, not a big problem and I'm one of those whom cant stand any noise while I'm sleeping, though one night we did experience new comers upstairs re arranging furniture late at night. Over all, if there was anything that I could have had better, it would be a bigger coffee pot and a quieter air conditioner. But if we ever return back to Tortola, the Lighthouse Villas is the place for us."

• Travel date: 17th February 2004

Wonderful Place to Stay

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"My husband and I stayed in the penthouse in March 2002 and loved the Lighthouse. The view is absolutely amazing from this room. It felt like we had the place to ourselves and we loved being able to walk a short distance to the beach. Guests of the Lighthouse have use of the beach chairs which is a nice perk. We tended to stay on the side of the beach without restaurants but took several walks from one end to the other (it's only about a mile). We were concerned that Cane Garden Bay was going to be too built up for our liking and had to laugh when we go there. "Built up" consisted of a handful of restaurants on the beach. We travelled around the Island quite a bit and felt that this was the best location and the best deal. Make sure that you get at least one massage before leaving."

• Travel date: 2nd January 2004

Great Place to stay in Tortola

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We stayed here for one week on our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier with our accommodations on Tortola.We stayed in the penthouse which is located on the third floor of the Lighthouse Villas. The stairs up to the place are very steep so if you have bad knees or don't want to haul your luggage so far I'd recommend going with a room on a lower floor. The view is worth it for the able bodied. We watched the sunset every evening from the rooms balcony and took tons of pictures.The accommodations couldn't have been better for what Tortola has to offer. The rooms were spotless and had excellent maid service every day. The rooms are accommodated with a full sized fridge, gas stove, pots, dishes, toaster, coffee maker, flatware, and beach towels. It had a small TV with cable, CD player, and alarm clock. One of the most important items it had was cold air conditioning. We had a problem with it getting too cold at night.Here's a special tip for those that snorkel: As you face the ocean from the beach at Cane Garden Bay, on the far right there is a buoy with a symbol for swimming on it. There is dark patch out there that is some sort of sunken barge. I saw more variety of fish in that spot than at The Baths, which are a must see if heading to BVI.If you plan on making a trip to Tortola, plan on renting a vehicle. Beaches are isolated and there are no public buses. You'll need a vehicle with some decent ground clearance to make it to the best beach on the island, Smuggler's Cove."

• Travel date: 12th December 2003

loved it

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Went there for our honeymoon in May 2000. Stayed 7 days. Had a wonderful time. Malcia is a very gracious lady and her villa was beautiful. Her husband Captain Jerry took us on a three day sail on their schooner as part of our package. He was awesome and the chef that went with us was great too. We visited several islands and had some fantastic drinks and food. Snorkeling was awesome and Jerry is so funny. He keeps you entertained. We would definitely go back. They really are both attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about what their guests are looking for. Malcia arranged for a masseuse to come to our villa for a very relaxing massage. We snorkeled right across from the villa and Quito's had great food, drinks, music and dancing. What a wonderful honeymoon."

• Travel date: 11th August 2003

very relaxing

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"Lighthouse villa was a great place to stay. A quick walk to Cane Garden Bay beach, the best beach on the island. The room was very nice and clean, the type of room you would expect in the states. We were there 8 nights and had 0 problems. You do need a rental car though to see the rest of the island. Joshua Bay was also a great beach. Very private. We really enjoyed our stay. James Amatriain 6/23/03"

• Travel date: 22nd June 2003

Light House Villas

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Stayed here for 7 days in 1999. It was great oprietor was gracious and helpful. Rooms were airy and well appointed. It is up the hill from the beach a short way,within walking distance,a bit steep, but what isn't in Tortola. We are looking to return this year. Only complaint is that there was a dog in the neighborhood who barked incessantly!. Except for that it is a great spot!"

• Travel date: 15th November 2001

Hotels near The Lighthouse Villas

Top traveller tips for The Lighthouse Villas

• by Becky W

"Make use of your kitchen to prepare breakfast as there are few breakfast places in Cane Garden Bay. If you are staying over a Saturday, go..."

The Lighthouse Villas is also called