About The Reefs

• hot tub
  • heated pool
  • tennis court
  • infinity pool
  • free private parking nearby
  • private beach
  • canoeing amenities
  • snorkeling amenities

Good
Good

A honeymoon we will never forget!

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the reefs for a week in June of 2004. We absolutley had a wonderful stay there. The view from our room was beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our meals were all wonderful, we had breakfast outdoors on the terrace looking over the beach. All of dinners were also good, we suggest you make dinner reservations at their beach-front resturant, Coconuts. Across the street you can rent mopeds or catch the bus, so the location of the Reefs was perfect. The beach is beautiful and we were able to walk right out and snorkel (we suggest Church Bay -- the snorkeling there was amazing!) The weather was perfect all but one day that we were there, so on the one rainy day we took advantage of the free dvd movie rental library and relaxed in our rooms and watch movies. I highly recommend the Reefs to anyone planning a vacation to Bermuda."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of January 2005

Saved by the Staff

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Over the Christmas/New Years holidays our trip to Bermuda was marred by lost luggage for four days. The wonderful staff at the Reefs provided us with a razor and clothes to keep us going until the luggage arrived. A true Bermudian attitude."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of January 2005

A wonderful honeymoon resort

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My wife and I honeymooned at The Reefs in late August. We loved the resort and the island of Bermuda as well. The restaurants were very good. They all serve very rich food that can almost be overwhelming. The beach is beautiful. It is very small but there were few times that a lot of people were on the beach. Everyone is very friendly. I can't stress this enough. Not only at The Reefs but Bermuda in general. Along with the remarkable scenery, the hospitality was the best. The Reefs is a very small resort. In our opinion, it is not good for children. The pool is very small but rarely full. The pictures of the pool do not do it justice, it is really nice. My wife went to the spa and loved it. She said she visit the spa again. We stayed in a Junior Atlantic Suite. The suite was nice, not huge, but had a very good view of the water. Do not expect to have all the luxeries of an American resort in your room. You just won't find them there or any where else in the Carribbean or Bermuda. We looked in one of the regular rooms and we were pleased we spent the extra money for the suite. The regular rooms have not been updated and are very small. The suites have been recently remodeled. Our recommendation is this: Spend the extra money to get a suite, not a regular room. Go knowing the resort is not loaded with activities, but that was fine with us, the views were enough. I am sure we will be back to Bermuda and The Reefs. We looked around on our rented mopeds at several other places and found none that appeared to be what we were looking for. The Reefs is the perfect small resort. Feel free to email me if you have any questions."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of November 2004

What a 60th birthday gift.

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Just got back from a 5 night stay at The Reefs in Bermuda, and man, did I ever hate to leave. I've been to Bermuda before, in fact I was stationed there in the Navy for 3 years in the 60's, but this was the best ever! The staff was absolutely fantastic, the views and the beach were wonderful, and the food was very good.

I'd go back in a moment; in fact my wife and I plan to do just that next year."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

The best hotel I've ever been to

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We honeymooned in Bermuda 28 years ago at the Sonesta. We were supposed to go back last year at this time but Fabian hit and the Sonesta was closed. This year we decided to try the Reefs, which came highly recommended. It was absolutely perfect. The food was outstanding. The service was excellent. The room was okay but we weren't in it enough anyway. I had forgotten just how beautiful Bermuda is. Unlike any other Caribbean island. No poverty. Beautiful houses. Great shopping. We made our reservations for next year before we left so we could become part of the huge repeaters club."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of October 2004

A Little Slice of Heaven

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My husband and I recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Reefs. We had spent our honeymoon 10 years ago next door at Sonesta Beach and vowed to come back in 10 years to celebrate our anniversary. A travel agent friend of ours recommended the Reefs. It was a bit pricey but we decided to splurge for our anniversary. We did not regret our decision. Everything was superb including the beach, the pool, the views, the service, the staff, the food, and the other friendly guests. We were skeptical that the Reefs would live up to it's billing (and price) but I would go back in a second. In fact, I think we are now spoiled and wouldn't be happy anywhere else. I've read the other reviews here and wonder where those people stayed that were disappointed. I beg to differ. I'll be returning to the Reefs again and again."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

You don't get what you pay for

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Just returned from a week stay at the Reefs and were a bit disappointed considering the $500 and up per night cost. The pool rooms are a little less, but very little privacy and I would strongly suggest avoiding these. The grounds and beach are extraordinary and almost every room has a beautiful ocean view. If you plan to spend most of your time on the beach, then this might be the place for you. However, the room itself is just average and in no way luxurious. The service was spotty. We found the majority of front desk help to be incomonpetent. Dinner reservations, despite written instructions and double checking verbally, were messed up every night. Service at the beach was terrible-good luck if they ran out of towels-we got the sorry ran out, rather than hold one moment and I will get you one. Maid service-great. Walking around the hotel can be challenging-lots of steps and hills which could be problematic for some. During our visit it was very hot-89+ with 90% humidity and the hotel doesn't provide any relief from this. There is an upstairs bar but they keep it closed until evening which we thought to be a waste. Almost all of our time was spent at beach. Thank goodness weather held out. I would not want to stay at this hotel if it was raining. Too few other amenities and rooms are far too average. Breakfast meals were average, Echo was good and Coconuts was average. Dinner at the Fourways was outstanding! In sum, not worth the price. Hotel rooms need a little updating and service needs some assistance."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of September 2004

horrible food and Service

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"My wife and I Stayed at the Fairmont South Hamption from July 31st to Aug. 7th,2004 and were told by friend not to miss having dinner at the Reefs.Our dining experience began by waiting 20 minutes after we were seated to get a wait person to ask us for drinks of which I ordered wine(the highlight of the meal) We ordered dinner which was some type of salad that was just terrible.
We than proceeded to order filet mignon of which we waited approximatly 40 minutes and when it came out it was overcooked very well done. (Not medium rare for my wife or medium for me)like we ordered.
When we told the waiter he said nothing and did not offer to us another meal or a refund or anything else.

The resturant was old and dingy ,terrible lighting,and a VERY unprofessional waitstaff and food that just does not reprsent the fine food found in Bermuda.STAY away from this one.For really great food try the Newport Room in the Southhampton Princess.always a fine dining experience with a great staff and wonderful food for the same price as the garbage we ate at the Reefs."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of August 2004

not what we expected

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My fiance and I chose to go to the Reefs to get married. Our selection was based on the fact that the Hotel regularly appears in travel articles as one of the ten best places to stay in the Carribean. On arrival we were disapointed in the room - it looked old and tired and in need of some updating especially the bathrooms! We had trouble getting dinner reservations in any of the restaurants at a decent time - everyone else seemed to know to book before you arrive and for the full length of your stay. In my experience a 5 star hotel would pre-reserve you a table in you are arriving late afternoon, but no such luck here. The wedding itself was simple and just what we wanted, but we will not be returning. There are too many fab hotels in the world to return to one that is really sub standard."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of August 2004

ripped off

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We just returned from Bermuda Aug. 5. We stayed at the Fairmont South Hampton because we couldn't get a reservation at the Reefs. I so wanted to stay there being I read in several magazines that it's one of the top rated resorts in all of the carribbean. We decided that at least we must have dinner there one night. We were so dissapointed with the meal and shocked by the price. We had dinner at a set price of $65.00 per person. This price included an appitizer, salad, dinner and desert. At that price I expected a wonderful meal. I was wrong. My appitizer was some kind of asian dish that came with a dipping sauce that was way to hot (spicey) to eat. My salad (mango salad) was terrible. If you've eaten mango's you will know how sweet and juicy they are. Well, while eating my salad the mango
was as hard as an apple and something slimmy was in the salad. I questioned the waiter only to find out that the slimmy stuff was a coating on the mango because they don't get mango in Bermuda so the mango's are canned!!!! Well, my question is why have mango salad on the menu. I had the lamb as a main course which consisted of 4 tiny, tiny lamb chops that were mostly fat than meat. There were 3 of us and only 2 of us had a glass of wine. It cost us $257.00. In all fairness most of the places we ate at were very expensive however, the food was excellent. We were extremely dissapointed with our dinner at the Reefs. The Reef's is a very pretty resort but after having dinner there I'm glad we stayed at the Fairmont South Hampton. The food was absolutely excellent. The Waterlot Inn was outstanding as was the Whaller. We also had some incredible meals in Hamilton. Port O'Call and the Barracuda were wonderful. Bermuda is an expensive place to vacation. I understand everything is imported and vacationers are they're main sourse of income. We've been there 5 times so yes we can afford to vacation there. However, I don't like being ripped off by paying high prices for poor quality."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of August 2004

Hotels near The Reefs

Stayed at The Reefs? Share your insight.

The Reefs is also called