Good
Good

Wonderful Time

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"My husband and I spent a glorious ten days at Newstead Belmont Hills Resort last October. Our accommodations were superb. The view of the city of Hamilton was enjoyed from every room of our suite. Gold Cup Sailing was directly out our door on the inner harbor. The entire staff was eager to please from rides to the beach to mints on the pillows. I would highly recommend Newstead to all who enjoy first class service and accommodations. Laureen Burke Fuller"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2009

Fantastic accommodations and service!

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2013

"We were absolutely in paradise for one week. We stayed in a cottage right on the bay. In the past we have stayed in the 3 story building. The view is equally as beautiful from either room and the rooms are the same in beauty, comfort, and amenities.

We enjoyed the cottage because of it's proximity to the pool and hot tub. Unlike many time-shares, our room was freshened every day and a chocolate on our turned-down bed every evening. The staff was cheerfully at our beck and call for computer help or any other need.

We enjoyed a round of golf at Belmont Hills and had an elegant meal in the French Restaurant on the property.

The ferry service conveniently took us to Hamilton City where we could catch buses or a taxi.

The kitchen was completely outfitted and our spacious accommodations had a lovely master bath as well as a SECOND guest bathroom. Nice for our visitors.

We will definitely be back to Newstead -- hopefully many times.

Highly recommended!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

Loved our family stay at Newstead Belmont Hills

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We enjoyed an absolutely wonderful family vacation at Newstead Belmont Hills in Bermuda. The rooms were very clean, beautiful decorated, and fit our family perfectly! The staff were extremely pleasant and very accomodating! The Spa treatments were extremely relaxing and topped off several perfect afternoons. The location of the hotel was fantastic. With Hamilton just right across the harbor, we enjoyed shopping and great restuarants during the day, and beautiful night time views from our balcony. Our children enjoyed the tennis courts and beautiful pool! The atmosphere was tranquil and peaceful! We are so looking forward to another visit to Bermuda when we can enjoy all the amenities Newstead Belmont Hills has to offer. It is truly an amazing resort!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

Amazing place!

Reviewed Sun 3rd of February 2013

"My husband and I were wonderfully surpirsed by the level of service, friendliness and the amazing studio room we had. The hotel is located right on the water with an amazing view of Hamilton. The hotel provides a free water taxi into Hamilton as well as a complimentary van to take you to the beach or town. This is a great service as getting around on the island can be a little tricky.

The room was beautiful, brand new and kept spectacularly clean. A crib was provided for our son and set up before we even arrived. We even had housekeeping check in on us to make sure we were pleased and if we needed anything.

The amenities are also incredible with an infinity pool, a great gym with satelite tv, and of course satelite tv and internet access in our room.

We didn't get a chance to try their restaurant, but heard it was fabulous.

Once again, the service was fantastic. The receptionists were great at helping us with whatever we needed, they remembered our son and were always there with a smile. The drivers were also very friendly and informative as they took us to the beach etc.

This hotel was incredible and I'd recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

This hotel was amazing!!!

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Of all the places in the world I could have gone, I picked this particular hotel for my Honeymoon. It was amazing!!! The location was easily accessible from the airport and the room itself was beautiful--spotlessly clean and exquisitely furnished. The views from our room itself and around the resort were spectacular and the service was amazing from start to finish. All of the staff, ranging from the housekeeping staff to the general manager were friendly and helpful in every respect. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would have no hesitation about recommending this property to anyone I know who might be considering a personal or business trip to Bermuda."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

I wish I had stayed at home...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a hellish week’s holiday at the Newstead Belmont Hills in Bermuda and really wish we had saved our money and stayed at home – The Newstead is not yet finished and will not be completed until 2009. This information was not given to us when we booked (with ebookers.com) or on the hotel’s own website.

Our room (220) was directly next to a construction site and we were woken each morning at 7.45am by the delightful sound of a jackhammer/drill/digger. This work continued all day making the entire room shake like an earthquake. After 4 nights we were moved to a room at the opposite end of the hotel (652), but we were this time awoken by a pneumatic drill taking up the stairs outside our room!

Clearly my wish for a peaceful week at a quality hotel in the sun was not to be - it would have been nice to have been able to make an informed choice when I booked.

Services advertised on the hotel’s (and in part on ebookers) website which did NOT exist included : Pool Bar, Business Centre, Room Service (breakfast only available), General Store.

In the UK this is in breach of the Trades Descriptions Act.

This all just accentuated other minor problems with our second room – air-conditioning in bedroom did not work very well, the ‘do not disturb/clean room’ button was wired the wrong way round (so the maids were initially knocking when we were sleeping – another rude awakening) – Fawlty Towers started to come to mind...

As a result the hotel waived our ‘extra’ charges (approx $1,100) but this goes no way to compensate for the cost of 7 night’s accommodation (£2,230 - approx $4,240) as well as the costs of the flights from London (on British Airways’ most expensive route mile for mile).

Most of the staff tried their utmost to do their best in a difficult situation, but it appears that the senior management are completely out of touch (or just don’t care).

At Beau Rivage, the only restaurant actually on site (Blu is a 5 minute drive away) the menu is limited (only 3 or 4 choices per course) and overfussy.

In summary : The pool area and general location are stunning. The front desk and waiting staff are very good. I am sure that the hotel will be lovely when it is finished, but it is still a construction site, and until it is completed I would not go near the place.

Infact, we could not wait to leave the place and get home."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

Hotel Restaurant should come with a warning -management's bite worse than bark..

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Looking for a peaceful escape from the rat race to rewind & recharge.. I suggest not going to Newstead Belmont Hills until it is properly fisnished. Among problems such as being woken by jackhammer & bulldozers at about 7:45 each morning and many others, finally at the end of a week's stay at the end of my tether and counting down the hours till I could get back home to the rat race (rather than be stuck there any longer) I made the colossal mistake of having a very strong craving for a strawberry milkshake (my absolute favourite not indulged often!).

Without transport and not wanting to have to leave the beautiful view from my peaceful balcony (they moved us to a quieter room eventually) & having already tried the one delivery place we were given the number for, I hestitantly asked my husband to ask nicely if Beau Rivage (the hotel restaurant downstairs) could possibly make one small strawberry milkshake ..not an impossible task to ask surely?..

Lo & behold after a derisive negative response from a german-sounding man (apparently a manager in the restaurant) he must have forgotten to replace the phone handset properly, because it seemed a terrible & abominable thing to be scoffed at & have nasty comments made about.. 'What do they think this place is!"...etcetc (I'll spare you the exact words..)
- Having travelled many beautiful historic vineyards worldwide, and regularly eating at the best restaurants in the world I do understand the concept of quality.. although obviously some do not understand the concept of true class. It wasn't a surprise to find his service diabolical and the mostly sweet & hard-working staff brow beaten & bullied upon the next visit downstairs.

Most of the staff there go above and beyond to try and help you, unfortunately the people in the higher more influencial positions have been badly chosen which has a terrific rusty cog-in-the-wheel effect sadly."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

AWESOME FOR OUR WHOLE FAMILY - Kids loved it!!!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We went to the website at www.newsteadbelmonthills.com and were able to get our reservations in quick order. The resort is magnificent. We own two condos in Hawaii and when we arrived at the Newtead Belmont Hills resort we came with expectations..........

ALL OUR EXPECTATIONS WERE EXCEEDED.

The staff is so accomodating and the service was wonderful. NICE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. The golf was spectacular and the restaurant - BLU - was awesome with breathtaking views of the Bermuda bay from Condo and Restaurant.

Workout facilities were great and we had a great time on the tennis courts and at the pool.

Also, my wife loved the shopping in Hamilton......ouch!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Beautifully done but Poor Service

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"The rooms are beautifully done and the swimming pool area takes some beating with infinity pool and amazing views of the harbour. Sadly the service does not by any means match up to this. We had guests staying there in summer 2008 when the pool bar was not yet open. They had to buy their own drinks from the local supermarket as could not get a drink anywhere on the premises. When mentioned to reception, they said it was not their fault and nothing was done to remedy this. There seemed a general lack of care and interest in making our guests feel comfortable and welcome and the receptionist was rude. Quite shocking when paying $500.00+ per night for a room not inclusive of breakfast. The resort was also empty and lacked soul. Complaining was pointless as the staff lacked the training to deal with the matter in the correct manner. At the moment, probably best suited to business travellers not looking for that holiday feel. They need to tidy up their act before charging the prices they do."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008