Rosewood Bermuda

60 Tucker's Point Drive, HS 02 Bermuda

Good

A slice of paradise... perfect!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"We stayed at Tuckers Point at the beginning of June this year... After much research for suites online, I came across a deal on a real estate site, offering the new Harbour Court Apartments... They sounded perfect for us as we love to have all the amenities of a home away from home... And the apartments didn't dissappoint! We were checked in swiftly and very warmly by Donna and her attentive and curteous staff at the front desk and taken up to our apartment , '3 Clearwater', (there are 5 floors each with 3
apartments on each) From the moment that we stepped inside we knew we had made the perfect choice, the interiors were spacious, beautiful and elegantly designed and airy... granite counters and top of the range appliances in the kitchen, a small bar with blender for your cocktails, dining table for 8, sofas and gas fireplace in the main area. There was a seperate laundry room, with a washer and dryer and even detergent for your stay! The master suite was large and the bed was super comfortable, the mattress was sublime! (a bad bed can really wreck a vacation!)
The master suite had a huge walk in closet that you could never fill on vacation, a seperate powder area with marble top vanity with lots of drawers for all your cosmetics and illuminated mirrors for make-up. The master bath had a beautiful stand alone roll top bath, and a seperate walk in shower, all done in pretty marble and limestone... and the second bedroom didnt disappoint either, twin beds ideal for children and a seperate bathroom with full bath and shower. But the clincher was really the gorgeous walk out from the lounge and the master suite... the veranda was spacious and welcoming, with a large table for eating, a day bed big enough for two to cuddle up on and rocking chairs for sitting and relaxing with a drink as the sun sets. Not to mention that every apartment has its own grill on the veranda, we enjoyed a couple of nights cooking out there and savouring the gorgeous views of the water and the pool area.
Tuckers has many amenities to offer, the harbour court suites have their own infinity edge pool, with clean towels available poolside every day, we never felt crowded there, there was plenty of loungers and space around to relax. Just down from the apartments is a boat hire shop, where you can hire a small boat by the hour to explore the beautifull area of Harrington Cove, we highly recommend you do this, as the area is a gem waiting to be discovered. You can also hire dive and snorkel equipment right there and as we were leaving they were recieving all kinds of new toys for the summer season to keep the kids entertained, like water trampolines and slides...
The Golfing facilities were great, we used the range and even played a round here... Yes the course was a little dry, they had been in drought conditions for weeks, but it didnt detract from the overall splendour... A word to the wise though, this course is very hilly... be prepared for some tough shots and dont even consider trying to do it without a cart!
The Beach was a slice of heaven, pure bermudian paradise... The pinkest sand, the most amazing aqua water, and needless to say it is kept absolutely immaculate... it looked so perfect it was like something from a movie set, not a piece of seaweed in site to spoil the pretty walk from one end to the other... The beach club staff were amazing and very attentive... We had our loungers set up and towels taken down for us before we even took our flip-flops off, and they served us our frozen pina-coladas and lunch right there on the beach, we didnt have to move for a refill... The food here was excellant at lunchtime and the cocktails were to die for! They have a full restaurant menu, beach menu and a full bar here, not to mention another infinity pool with one for the kids too...there are 5 pools in the whole resort. They had a tennis club which we didnt use but looks great and a cycle livery where you can rent bikes too.
The best way to get around is to hire a golf buggy, we hired one and it was waiting for us in the garage when we arrived at the apartment. It is a 2 min ride to the hotel from the apartment, just round the corner, 5 mins to golf course and tennis and 7 mins max to beach club. There is a shuttle service that runs around the whole resort though and is available every 10 mins from the hotel.
I enjoyed a massage at the spa on the last day there, I had the warm stone massage and it was pure bliss... The therapist was very polite and gave an excellant service, as did all the staff we encountered here. The only down-side i would say about the spa is the pricing... one of my vices is a great massage, but I thought the entire spa menu was on the high side. Never the less it was excellant all the same.
'The Point' restaurant was lovely, we were warmly welcomed by name and even given our choice of tables, we chose one over looking the pool, which is stunning by night all lit up... The service was attentive and always polite and the food was great. We ate Fois Gras to start, Steak and the most sinfull chocolate cheesecake for dessert... We took our coffees outside to the terrace and enjoyed the views of the bay beyond the pool area.
All in all, after staying at many different locations in Bermuda, including the Fairmont and the Reefs this one blows them all away... I cannot vouch for what the hotel is like service wise as we didnt stay there, and I am very shocked to see the reviews after we had such an amazing time.. The service we had at harbour Court was first class and we were so thrilled we are certainly going back and even considering the fractional ownership. Crystal, Donna, Alex and the team were professional and so welcoming... They arranged for all of our groceries to be there before we even checked in, they made all of our dinner reservations all over the island, they made the golf and spa appointments and even booked us a fishing charter, all with no problems and the swiftest of replies. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They really made our stay great.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Harbour Court at Tuckers Point, I will most certainly be back in August to enjoy it some more! If you want to experience a slice of paradise for yourself contact Albert Moura for more details on the harbour court apartments...We found him on Islandrealestate.com but you can call him on [--]."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

ARE you sure the others really stayed at Tuckers???

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"This place is special .Perhaps new but Special .From the minute we checked into our suite at the residences the service could not be out done >We were met by Alex who made sure we had all we needed and TJ who was brand new but understood the service industry better than those I have met at the Ritz in Naples Fl where I live all winter and Donna another member of the conceirge staff could not do enough for us ..The Hotel restaurant was excellant the service was 5 star Plus ..The food was cooked perfectly and the presentation was spectacular .The suite overlooking the water and the pool was magnificantly apointed but quite comfortable and felt like our own home ..I liked it so much Im negotiatioing to buy one I believe Tuckers will set the standard for others to follow Like i said earlier are you sure 'You actually stayed at Tuckers or were you elsewhere " Ill be back in July JFO"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

I should have read trip adviser reviews!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"This hotel is simply terrible which is very upsetting as one wants it to be wonderful given the location and the fact that it is brand new. I wish I had read all the prior reviews on this site as I would never have stayed there had I known what it is like.My friend and I recently stayed at Tuckers Point for three nights in order to celebrate with my son who had sailed to Bermuda.We booked our reservations separately and were each given completely different rates and information. I booked over the internet and called to confirm the 20% discount offered there. I was told after being placed on hold for 5 minutes so the agent could confirm the discount that the discount would apply at check in. My rate was very high($800 or so per day) but I decided it would be worth it after receiving the discount. My friend called in his reservation and asked for a room near mine. He was quoted a rate of $570 and was told my room was the same price.
Upon check in we were informed that our rates would be the $800 rate and not the lower, quoted one. There would be no internet discount as it was not "available".We asked to speak to the manager and were told he would call us.
My room was lovely but my friend's was smaller and looked out on other rooms rather than the water as mine did. Both rooms were incredibly noisey and we had a lot of trouble sleeping because of this. The bathrooms were well appointed but not clean and a wet towel dropped on the floor would pick up a lot of dirt. The maid service was spotty with turn down happening only once over our three night stay. Dirty glasses and plates were left in the room for 2 days. We were told we could eat in the bar as the beach restaurant was full and when we arrived there we were told in an incredibly rude manner that we couldn't eat in the bar as that would be breaking rules. The staff in the restaurant seemed to disappear for hours and the food was mediocre. The best part of the meal was the bread.
Though the hotel staff insisted the hotel was fully booked we never saw more than about 10 guests at any given time at the pool or in the bar. Many of the guests I spoke with had had similar expereices and were disgusted with the hotel and its prices.
When we checked out we tried once again to make the hotel accountable for its "bait and switch" techniques in reservations and did speak with the temporary manager. This man continued the rudeness track by refusing to listen to our stories and implying we were trying to get out of paying for our rooms.I found it shocking that in a "luxury" hotel the staff is so inappropriate. We left the hotel in a frustrated mood as it was clear the staff could have cared less how we were treated nor what we felt and tricking us into paying more for our rooms is simply what happens at Tucker Point. Read the reviews and then chose another place!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2009

Wonderful Resort

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Having been to Bermuda several times before - I must say I have to disagree with some other reviews. Tucker's Point was certainly of no comparison to any other resort on the island. Not only was the property gorgeous, but the staff were wonderful. Bermuda is known for its friendly people - but the resort is certainly spectacular! Definitely comparable to a Ritz or Four Seasons!
Even when the hotel is completely sold out, it still seems quite and relazing. Being such a large property it absorbs the guests... golf, spa, tennis, a private beach and numerous restaurants and pools. I will certainly go back as soon as I can!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2009

Great Weekend Get-Away!

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"We left Washington Reagan at 8:35 a.m. and were in Bermuda less than 2 hours later - very easy flight. When we arrived at Tucker's Point, our room wasn't ready - Winfield, the wonderful gentleman who greeted us upon our arrival, suggested we head by shuttle to the beach restaurant for lunch. Very good food and even better rum swizzle's! The beach is beautiful. When we returned to the hotel to check-in, they upgraded us to a gorgeous suite - 2 Warwick. We spent many hours on our very spacious veranda during our three night stay. The concierge suggested we try Rustico's for dinner - about a 10 minute taxi ride - the food and service was okay. Day 2 was our day at the beach - very relaxing. That evening we had dinner at the Point - the food was very good and the service very attentive - almost too attentive. Day 3 it rained a good portion of the day - we took a taxi tour around the Island with a stop at the Naval Dockyard for a bit of shopping. I was disappointed that the shops on Front Street were closed on Sunday's. That evening we ordered room service and had a lovely dinner on our Veranda. Day 4 - time to go home. We had our last Bermuda breakfast on our veranda before heading to the airport for our 12:40pm flight home. We were back home by 2pm."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2009

Spectacular property but they have a lot to learn about running a high end hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Just returned from four days at Tuckers Point Hotel. As you can see from the other reviews on this site, there is an emerging consensus among guests who have stayed here. The property is spectacular and the appointments are all first class. Like most new ventures, the early execution is a bit lacking. From what I observed and learned during our stay, however, I feel that the problems might be more deep rooted than the typical ramping up issues associated with opening a new hotel . At the present time, the management of this hotel is non existent. The food and beverage service is being contracted out toi the same vendor that has been providing that function for the past few years at the Beach Club and Golf Club. They do a reasonable job but it is very evident that they are not hotel operators. The hospitality industry is a business unto itself. At the moment it appears that the owners of this property have not yet realized that operating a Beach and Golf Club is a very different business from operating a hotel. There is little coordination between the various operations of the hotel (spa, dining, concierge,guest services, etc.). When a "hotelier" is finally selected to operate this property there is every reason to anticipate that it will succeed. Until that happens, it will simply be a very nice setting to relax and enjoy. They should do so beffore first impressions become lasting."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

Don't buy the "exclusivity" and "world-class" service hype--

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Went for a 4 day weekend away from the kiddies. The place is beautiful but still needs to work out the kinks. From check in to check out-it was clear the hotel just opened because they couldn't get it together. First room they gave us was occupied and was supposed to be "an upgrade". It took them 45 minutes to "rebook" us the original room which ended being nicer & larger than the supposed "preferred hotel member" upgrade. This was only after going back to the concierge who from 20 minutes earlier didn't even remember us or what we were waiting for. TV's didn't work in the rooms, service staff seemed relatively clueless from what was on the menu, to how to clean a room, to putting towels out by the pool. They left dirty glasses, room service items etc. Two times we had to phone housekeeping midday (2pm) to get the room made up when we had been away since breakfast. They claimed to be "fully booked" however I never saw more than 20 people at anytime (pool, restuarants, etc..) and the restuarants were not full even though they made a huge deal of "getting" you into a restuarant each night. The "high end" restuarant "the Point" paled in comparison to the beach club. Ok-I am from NY so I have high standards, but the food was ok and the portions were miniscule so to get all dressed up (jacket & tie) to eat ok food and still be hungry--go to the beach club in shorts-love the view, love the food and be comfortable.

They need to change the music--its like being in a morgue-they play this 20's music all over which is supposed to bring back the "old Bermuda". Its just depressing (and I am over 40 so this isn't a kid saying this) The beach club was great-which has clearly been open longer because of the residences--the food and service was impeccible and the music was normal.

Also because of the drought the golf course was burned out, so for a couple to play 18 holes at $700+ that's a bit much even for a NY hedgie.

Overall, had the feel/look of the Ritz without the experienced staff. Rates were reasonable with the Bermuda 400th Anniversary credit but at the $560 a night rate now I wouldn't return until they got the kinks out. Go to the Mandarian Oriental where they have it together for those prices."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of June 2009

Faux Ritz

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"This hotel is quite lovely in relation to the other hotels on the island. If you've been to Bermuda you know that most of the other hotels/resorts are sorely in need of renovation. That being said, its really a Ritz-Carlton clone. The decor comes straight from the Ritz prototype. The welcome from the doorman and bellman was genuine and warm. However, our check-in person was lukewarm and harried but we decided to overlook that. We got to our room and were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and the beautiful bay view (partially obstructed by construction of residences - you should be aware of that if booking a room). One thing you should know is that this hotel is not beachfront. The resort is quite spreadout and shuttle carts are necessary to get to the beach, golf course, tennis courts etc. My main problem with this resort and the reason I'll probably not return is the disorganized and sometimes downright rude service. Our first night at the resort gave us a good "taste" of the rude staff when we went to the main restaurant for dinner. The first words from the maitre'd to us were a cold "what can I do for you?" Ah, clearly we're there to be seated and eat. There was no welcoming smile and "welcome to The Point" . The restaurant is beautiful ; it's decorated with a mural depicting the ports of the world. The wait service is disorganized and painfully slow and inattentive. I don't like hovering wait staff but I would like to get their attention on occassion. This lack of service was the case at breakfast and dinner. The Palm Court poolside restaurant service is somewhat better. I have to say the food is good although the menus seem somewhat unimaginative. Now on to the beach. The shuttle ride is about 5 min and the ride is worth it. The beach is beautiful and the beach staff is wonderful. They are attentive, pleasant and professional. If only the main hotel staff could take lessons. All this being said, I don't think I'll go back. In this economy, I want to feel like a valued guest and I didn't get that experience. Quality service is just as important as accomodation. This place has a ways to go to achieve that."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

Spectacular Resort

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Because the hotel's opening was delayed, we were offered a condo at Harbour Court Residences instead of a room at the hotel during the Easter holidays. The staff (especially Donna and Yan) couldn't do enough to make our stay a most enjoyable one. The views of Castle Harbour and the grounds were fantastic, as was everything else at Tucker's Point.

We breakfasted at the Golf Terrace and dined at The Point restaurant each evening , and the service at both was impeccable. The Point was elegant yet comfortable. The food was equally as good.

My husband played golf at the Tucker's Point course and found to be one of the best he's ever played. The beach was something to behold - the clearest and cleanest water as I have ever seen. (almost drinkable!!) A truly beautiful beach.

This was our seventh trip to Bermuda and our most memorable. If you are ready to treat yourself royally, plan a vacation here. A private club experience - you won't be disappointed."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2009

Went to have lunch there and will never go back!

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I was lodging at another Bermuda hotel and wanted to check out Tucker's Point. The hotel is beautiful; 5-star appeal. We went to have lunch there after mopeding to St. George's. We first went to the bar/restaurant upstairs, but it was empty. No one came out to see if we wanted to sit and eat. So we meandered down to the poolside restaurant where people were eating lunch and were seated by a friendly maitre'd. We started to order when the waiter asked if we were residents or guests of the hotel. When we told him we were neither, he told us "we couldn't eat there and had to go upstairs to the bar/restaurant where the menu is the same". He told us "they keep the tables available soley for guests/residents of the club. The place was nearly deserted!!!! There were several empty tables at the poolside restaurant!

We were considering staying at the club for a few nights before returning home to NY. Needless to say, we were sorely disappointed, insulted, and unimpressed. We got on our mopeds and drove on "home" to our nice, little hotel. right on the south shore where we have a better view than at Tucker's Point. We were happy to have chosen a place which is truly "Bermudian" friendly, not stuffy like Tucker's Point!!! We certainly could afford to stay at Tucker's Point, but it's hardly worth it......after all!!!!!

As an "onion", I've been to Bermuda seven times; my husband four. I have never felt so uninivted and insulted in all the years I've come here. Thank goodness, there are smaller, much friendlier hotels you can stay in Bermuda for less money. Shop around, there are plenty to choose from and I'm sure they'll all welcome you to stay.....even just for lunch!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of May 2009

Hotels near Rosewood Bermuda

Stayed at Rosewood Bermuda? Share your insight.

Rosewood Bermuda is also called