About Meridian Inn

• kids club
  • babysitting

A Pleasant Surprise

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2014

"My final week of Crop over in Barbados was spent at a nice, no-frills hotel called Meridian Inn. I admit the Inn might not be for those who insist upon speedy elevators and high floors, private telephones and swimming pools, but if you're operating on a budget and would like to save some money yet enjoy yourself, I would like to introduce you to Meridian Inn. They charge considerably less than the going rate.

Meridian Inn is a 16 room apartment hotel situated at the eastern end of popular St. Lawrence Gap on the south coast of Barbados. It commands an ideal location, right in the middle of the action. It is not a tall building, just three stories high, so it is quite easy to reach rooms via stairway even on the top floor. There are no private telephones in the rooms, but local calls can be made free of charge via public phones conveniently situated along the corridor on each level. Dover beach, one of Barbados' finest beaches is just a stone's throw away for those who would rather bathe in the sea than in a communal bathtub.

Barbados hotels don't offer free breakfast, but at Meridian Inn you will find full kitchen facilities like refrigerator, microwave oven, hot plate, pots, pans, and enough knives and forks and dinnerware to throw a medium-sized party. If you don't want to prepare your own meals, Oceans 15, a restaurant hotel serving sumptuous breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, and great Jazz on Thursday nights, is right around the corner. A few doors to the left of Oceans 15 is a very well stocked Convenience Store where one may obtain all of the pleasures of home.
Rooms at Meridian Inn are large, air-conditioned, equipped with ceiling fans, and offer a choice of two Twin beds or a Queen size. Each apartment sported a patio large enough for a table and dining chairs. WIFI is complimentary. An iron and iron-board is available and Maid service was prompt and thorough; clean towels were provided and garbage was removed daily.

But what I liked most about Meridian Inn was the feeling of SAFETY. The area was never desolate enough to arouse concern. After hours, access to the floors is controlled by a locked gate, for which each guest is given a key in addition to the room key. .

All in all, I had a very enjoyable stay and would gladly recommend Meridian Inn to my best friends.

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2014

My wife and I had one of our best holida...

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2007

"My wife and I had one of our best holidays to date staying at the Meridian. The staff are very helpful and nothings too much trouble for them. The rooms are basic but all you want is at hand.

Turtle beach is a 2 minute walk away and both incredible and beautiful ,good swimming, great weather and while we were there turtles were actually hatching on the beach.

The night life is also very good whether you want to party all night or just have a quiet drink and a meal, banks beer is great as is the local rum.

The locals are friendly and readily talk to you when they see you day or night(even gave us nicknames).

Helicopter trip was wicked but the submarine trip was very disappointing but whatever you do don't miss Ted's tour. Ted's is a font of local knowledge and keeps you both informed and interested throughout the tour.

All in all a wicked holiday and we liked it so much that we are going back in a couple of months for a 3 week stay."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

Great value

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This is a great inexpensive place to stay. There is daily maid service. The accommondations are basic, but you get a small kitchen area. You can cook, toast or microwave. My friends and I had a great time. I am so glad we stayed there. You will be close to great places including three blocks to the bus to Bridgetown. I can't say enough about this place. You are three minutes to Turtle Beach and five minutes to Dover Beach. You can buy sodas, beers and bottle water in the office of the Meridian Inn and keep them in the fridge in your room. If you don't need a lot of luxury and need a safe place to stay, the Meridian Inn is it. It is also a great place for a family."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2005

Great Place to be a Beach Bum

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"As the rest of the reviews say, the staff is great -- friendly and helpful in every way. The hotel is very basic -- plastic lawn furniture on the balcony, flimsy cupboards, etc. But the necessities are there -- comfy beds, good showers, kitchenette, TV. And even though the paint work could do with a bit of touch up, they have a good cleaning staff. Funky phone system, but cell coverage is great. The good thing is that it's only a 3 minute walk to the beach (nice sand, but rough surf (not really for kids)). We were able to use the pools at the nearby Casuarina hotel (5 minute walk) and that was nice, as they also have a beach bar, etc. The Inn is on the quiet end of St Lawrence Gap, which may be OK for some, but a long walk in the heat for lunch was an issue (but look for vans selling delicious lunches -- we were delighted with the one in front of the Casuarina Beach Club). FYI, the St Lawrence Gap area, we felt, is more geared to grown-up fun -- good nightlife & strong surf. Kids would probably be better off somewhere else with calmer beaches. All in all, a great value."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of April 2005

OK but Basic

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I chose this hotel based on the reviews on this site which I think raised my expectations. The hotel is basic with a capital B - it's very like a greek pension apartment. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had a partial sea view. On the surface it was clean but paintwork was grubby when you looked a bit closer. Furniture was very basic. The wardrobe doors were missing and the decor was done in a hurry. The Air Con unit was past it's sell by date and was so loud we could only have it on for a few minutes at a time. The hotel is between 2 hotels and their air con units were pretty noisey too. Good points were; the shower was great and the owners were friendly and helpful. They also offer free use of the safe. The location was good and you can use the facilities of the Casuarina next door until June 05 when it becomes all inclusive. I would recommend this hotel but you do get what you pay for."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of April 2005

Great Hosts, Clean and Economical with Excellent Service

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Meridian Inn for 5 nights. Even before we actually arrived at The Meridian Inn, the entire staff was so helpful to us via e-mail. This is a very intimately-run hotel, and everyone we dealt with made us feel extremely at home the entire time. There was nothing they would not help us with--if we dropped an idea of something we wanted to do, 2 seconds later they were on the phone and had made arrangements. Their personal service, combined with a clean and safe location on the quiet edge of the gap would make this a certain "do" for anyone looking to enjoy good prices at a great location. Thanks to Mary Margaret, Carl and Gord for all your help. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to friends!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of March 2005

We Enjoyed Our Stay

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We can't say enough about the Meridian Inn. It is everything that we expected after reading all of the great reviews. Spotlessly clean, and perfect location at the quiet end of St. Lawrence Gap, with easy access to the beach, restaurants, and bus. We spent 8 nights there from Feb. 4th through the 12th and enjoyed every minute of it. The owners Mary Margaret, Carl, and Gord are wonderful hosts and most helpful in offering advice on how to experience the beauty of Barbados. This was our first trip to the island. The best thing we did was to rent a car. You really can't appreciate all this island has to offer without getting away from the tourist areas and seeing the real Barbados. We got a fantastic deal from Fat Jacks car rental. It is difficult to adjust back to reality (and cold & snow) since we arrived back home in Buffalo, New York last night. We miss the Meridian Inn and Barbados already, and are looking forward to returning there again."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of February 2005

Very Clean and Friendly + Safe + Location = Value!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We just returned from a week stay in Meridian Inn. I chose this Inn because of very good reviews on this site and they came up all very true. It’s clean (very important for me and my wife), room and balcony are large enough and you have all you need in the room. If you need help or advice - just ask hosts, they are very friendly and helpful. The location is grate in a quiet section of the gap, walking distance to the supermarket, dinner, and entertainment. Beach was the best around, only ~60 meters form the hotel. It seems that they raise the price little bit, but it is still a grate value. We were not disappointed. It is exactly what you pay for. The only minus may be lack of any view from rooms."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of December 2004

Excellent Accomodations and value

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Just returned from a weeks stay at the meridian and it couldn't have been more pleasant. The accomodations are clean and more than met our needs. Gord and Mary Margaret make you feel right at home and are always available to answer questions honestly. Perfect location in a quiet section of the gap, we walked to dinner and entertainment almost every night. Beach was the best around, within 2 minutes walk. We would return tomorrow if we could."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of September 2004

Location,Value,Friendly,Clean,Safe

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"The title says it all. Above excellent value for a studio room. An awesome location on one of the best carribbean islands. The staff gave helpful and honest advice. Don't think twice about it, choose the Meridian!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of August 2004

Ideal hotel for singles or families

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Meridian from June 4-7, my first time at the hotel. Very convenient location in the Gap. Carl is very pleasant and made the stay homely. Would definately recommend as the rooms are well kept and self contained. All other necessities and night life a short walk away"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of July 2004

Very nice!!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I Was There In April For a week and a half...the ocean view refreshing in the morning The MERIDIAN INN was so quiet and clean. A great location at the quiet end of the gap. walking distance to all the night spots, hospitality a plus, very clean and economical. I must say very, very clean. I plan to return for two weeks in August....Oh and Gordon is a nice person contrary to what someone said earlier..."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of July 2004