About The Coral at Atlantis

• casino
  • lazy river
  • water park

Good

Best Value at Atlantis, quite possibly the most possitive place on Earth!!!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Atlantis as a whole was amazing. It was kind of like being in Paradise (thus it is located on Paradise Island). With the ultra wealthy and the hard working tourist mingling, it was an uplifting and very memorable experience.

The room that we had in the Coral Tower was excellent. Although not located in the higher end Royal Towers or the Cove, it was very very nice.

If you decide to book a room in the Coral Tower, ask to get a room that you can face out to the main hotel (Royal Towers). This will give you a beautiful view of the resort and also let you be near the waterfalls that you can hear all night as you are in dream land! Also, it is very well located for those who have smaller children (kiddie water attractions are right there! Plus for tha adults, it is located near a number of different features a beautiful pool, Preditor Bay (sting ray, hammer heads, baracudas, saw sharks) and short walking distance to the main hotel. It's awesome!!!

Room service staff is very pleasant and the overall staff was great! The water attractions are out of this world. The drinks are native and delicious. The atmosphere is just incredibly possitive!

I recommend at least one meal at the Marketplace (buffet) for the simple fact that the food is delicious, its all you can eat, the variety is amazing, and it is very family friendly.

If you are looking to leave the resort for dinner, I recommend VERY HIGHLY a restaurant called Cafe Matisse. The wait staff is great, the manager/owner is very friendly and helpful and the prices were quite reasonable compared to Atlantis. Their website is [--] I strongly suggest you try them out!!!

Overall Atlantis was a trip for the ages! We will be going back again this January and look forward to creating new memories and build off of the ones we started last January!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Horrible hotel, bad food and too expensive

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I'm a hotelier, I travel worldwide for the last 12 years on monthly bassis.

One of the few places I was still missing and wanted to go was the Bahamas and in particular the Atlantis Hotel in "Paradise Island"

What a dissapointment, the rooms....I even took picture to show to my friends and travel industry colegues, or they weren`t going to believe it......... horrible decoration, bad smell, and my in particular, ugly view.

I was there for 3 nights for the Gogos Learning Conference, and I must say, for those who love the Bahamas and this particular hotel......Please visit Dominican Republic, Aruba, Mexico or Jamaica, its way better.

Food was poor and really expensive for what you were receiving.

As a watter park, OK for children, but better visit Disneyland.

Sorry Atlantis, I always wanted to visit you.......and now I'm sorry I have to go back again for Bussines on January...........life......."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

Dated Rooms, Aging Resort

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We were assigned rooms in the coral towers as part of a convention I recently attended at the Atlantis. I was pleased to find that, at peak check-in time, there was a very short wait. That, however, is where the pleasantries stopped.

The room is dated...very dated. If I was paying $69/night I would be upset let alone the conference rate of $175...and that's down more than $100 from the regular/seasonal rates.

The mandatory gratuities will kill you. I love the fact that I had a service charge for bell service...that I didn't even use...on my bill at check-out and mandatory gratuities are paid even snack bars.

I guess that's the nature of the beast in The Bahamas.

My TV and Internet access did not work upon check-in and I had to wait to have someone come to the room and fix the problem before I could log on to the net. The room itself is VERY old and not particularly clean. The bedspread, curtains and bathroom were all pretty disgusting and worn.

I didn't see the sense in complaining as I was pretty sure that I was just being overly picky. That, coupled with my current position in a Las Vegas resort/casino probably make me jaded in many respects.

I could have gotten over the defunct room if it wasn't for the rest of the resort looking and feeling very run down. I even wandered over to the Royal Towers and just wasn't impressed throughout. I understand that the Atlantis is a themed property, but it really could use an update...it's just dated all around.

The food throughout the property was not particularly good and VERY pricey. I'm sure it has something to do with having to ship everything in from the US, plus they can sell for higher prices given that tourists will more than likely not venture out to find something more reasonable. I guess they wouldn't be charging it if people weren't willing to pay.

The water park, I must say, is pretty fantastic. If they charged admission, I wouldn't have paid it, but as a complimentary attraction, it was a nice addition to the property. The slides and lazy river were great and since I was there while school was in session (in most places, anyway), the crowds were minimal.

All in all, I didn't find any reason to return to Atlantis. However, if you have the money and are willing to pay ridiculous prices for bad food and mediocre service, it's probably a lot of fun."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of October 2007

Great Vacation, Good Views

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Coral Towers just after Labor Day. This was a great time as the number of families with kids certainly shrunk with school in session. We had the water slides/rides nearly all to ourselves...the wait was at most 5 minutes. The Atlantis Resort is easily a 5 out 5 resort, but of course you certainly pay for it. I gave this review a 4/5 as our rooms in the Coral Towers weren't the greatest in terms of views. We had a view of the beach, but had to look out over a rusty roof. The rest of the room and the resort lived up to, and undoubtedly surpassed, my expectations.

One thing that you must do if you go to the Atlantis is choose the Gourmet Meal Plan. The restaurants are amazing, but certainly expensive. My favorite was Martinique by far.

If I choose to go back to the Bahamas, I would certainly stay at the Atlantis resort, but would probably pay the extra money to stay at the Royal towers."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

Paradise has a price

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Where do I start...I just got home and want to book a flight back. The property is amazing with just about any activity you could think up available. The property is huge with a simple walk around taking hours if you stop to admire the various views and activities. I must start by admitting that my trip was considered a "business trip" and had a substantial amount of financial assistance. That said, the place is simply as I titled this review...paradise at a price. Example: two burgers, two beers and an order of nachos...$77.00. That was just our first dining experience the day we arrived. The prices didn't go down, trust me. Keep in mind that every meal on the property automatically adds a 15% gratuity whether deserved or not. The $77.00 burger meal included horrible service. I had to settle for beer after attempting to order two different drinks from their own menu and being told after an extended wait that they ran out of the necessary ingredients. Our meals took over an hour to come out. In short, our overall dining experience was fair at best. That taking into account the cost and lack of service. I must add though, that we did have one meal that blew the rest of the property away. Remember the Sea Fire Steak House. This place had excellent everything from food quality to service. It didn't stray from the same price group, but was well worth the money spent!
Looking past a few bad dining experiences and the cost factor...wow, this place just went all out to please the eye. Overall the staff is both friendly and helpful. There is plenty to do during the day on the property and even more options off property. I recommend "Stuart Cove's" for any snorkeling or scuba excursions. Great staff and very helpful. I did the discover scuba adventure and loved it. If relaxing on property during the day, hit the Aquadventure area. Basically, its an enhanced lazy-river and loads of fun. Don't get it confused with the actual "lazy river" at the Coral towers. You need to walk towards the Cove and you'll hit it. The property reminds me of one huge water park. Many a day could be spent there!
Night-life is a bit shy of perfect. There is the casino, some bars, a comedy club, etc., and don't get me wrong, they are all great, but it just seemed a bit lacking.
One could write a book to review this place, but I'll sum it up in just a few more words. Go, experience all that Atlantis has to offer and you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect the level of service that would normally fit the price paid. Take your wallet along with a few borrowed ones, unless of course you have that winning lottery ticket."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

loved every minute

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Well what can I say about the Atlantis? Absolutely amazing!!! We booked the Atlantis for our Honeymoon and were really excited about going until we read trip advisor. It seemed to be full of really negative comments. I have to say that the majority of them were untrue.

Rooms
We booked into the Beach Towers (the cheapest Tower!) and was upgraded to a suite in the Coral Towers cos we were on our Honeymoon. It was Gorgeous and the views were amazing. I think which ever tower u stay in, the view would be nice cos it is such a lovely resort for views allround.

Resort
The place is massive and even after 7 days of being there i still don't think that we saw everything. Everywhere u turn there are more lagoons and pools.

Swimming
Loads of pools to choose from. we went over Labour Day weekend and there were still loads of sunbeds spare. You have to wear a wrist band all day which is slightly annoying if u r trying to get an even tan! Towels r provided free of charge. The new water scape is great u dont need to get out of your inner tube u just stay on the lazy river rapids then just catch the conveyor belt to take u to the top of the slide when u want to.

Food
We purchased the Modified American Meal Plan before we arrived. If i have one regret it would probably be purchasing this. We definitely did not get our moneys worth!!! Several of the restaurants that we were supposed to be able to eat at were shut. We ended up eating at buffet style restaurants which were amazing - as much fresh seafood as you could eat plus many other great dishes, however it cost less to buy there per evening then u were paying for the meal plan. We didnt get our moneys worth because we just couldnt eat a big breakfast every single morning and a three course meal each evening. There are plenty of places on the resort where you can just get a sandwich or small meal if u like. Prices were probably comparable to London, possibly slightly cheaper. They add 15% gratuity to everything!! Even a glass of coke had about 30p gratuity added! This was another reason why I wouldnt recommend the meal plan cos u still have to pay gratuity on top of your final bill each time.

Staff
We found all staff to be really friendly, helpful and curteous.

I could write loads more - please do get in touch if u want to know anything we really did enjoy it and would definitely go back -after a couple of years saving!!!!!

I will add some brilliant photos at a later point"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2007

Great as a waterpark, poor as hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Stayed at the Coral Towers for a day off a cruise end of August. Room was ready by 11AM which was good. However, our room was in the short buildings between the Coral Towers and Beach Towers and the washroom was full of insects. Bathroom had 1 handtowel and 1 bath mat. That's it. I'm sure housekeeping would have supplied the towels and the coral towers manager offered to move us to another room but after paying $300+ after all the taxes and gratuities and other charges, I was expecting better.

Waterpark was great...especially if your kids are over 48" The new aquaventure is really good but there are also pools for the little ones too. Rock climbing wall was nice. The dig and predator lagoon is great for first time guests... after that, not as interesting. The Beach was okay, a little steep and deepens quite quickly.

Lot to do so a longer stay is usually best... but there are probably better all-inclusive options available around the caribbean for the money."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Great weekend, I don't understand the bad reviews

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Just got back from a weekend stay at the Coral Towers with my sister. We had a great time, and we've both traveled to some very nice places over the years. Every employee was friendly, the grounds and pools were spotless, and our room was clean. I don't understand how people who stayed during the same period we did found it crowded and teeming with kids. Did they ever explore the property at all? Or maybe August 26th was the start of the slow season since school is resuming now?

There were several virtually empty pools that we swam in every day. And we usually had the beach near the Cove Tower (Cove Beach) completely to ourselves--no other guests, never a single vendor. The grounds were beautiful throughout. We never had to wait for a meal at the $-$$ eateries or at the buffets (didn't eat elsewhere). I hope to write a fuller review along with some travel tips to add to some of the wonderful tips we got from other satisfied Atlantis guests.

Oh, and keep an eye out for rate specials published on the Atlantis web site. It sounds like some reviewers grossly overpaid!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

Very disappointed

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Atlantis. If you are looking for a quiet getaway, do not come here! It is so crowded and children are everywhere. For a quieter part, I would recommend staying at the Cove. We stayed at the Coral Towers which is incredibly old, musty, and smoke filled rooms. Upon checking in, we went up to our room and the blankets on both beds were covered in hair. When we called to ask them to replace it, we were treated as if we were inconveniencing everyone. The Coral and Beach Towers are more like a cheap motel 6.

Beware that everything has 15% gratuity included and there are no free refills (which is never indicated on the menu). Since tip is already included, you get the feeling the wait staff has nothing to work for...or its just the island mentality. Service is extremely poor and the food is extremely overpriced.

I would recommend paying the extra $ and staying at the Royal Towers or the Cove. And make reservations for all restaurants on the first day as its very hard to call the day of. And be aware that if you cancel on your reservation, its $50 per person charge!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Didn't Want To Leave!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I just returned from THE BEST, MOST FUN & RELAXING, EXCITING VACATION OF MY LIFE!. I went with my 18 year old niece who is leaving for college this fall, and we were blown away by the hotel. I booked us a one-bedroom suite in the Coral Towers with a view of the Lagoon/Ocean. I'm surprised we even left the room given the gorgeous view of the above mentioned, plus two of the onsite waterslides, Aqua-adventure, and parasailing right in front of our balconies. (We had 2!) We only went off property twice: Once to go into Nassau to the Straw Market to shop. The hotel is VERY expensive for everything. The shops there are a thrill to walk through (Cartier etc..) but out of our budget. The other time was to partake in the Dolphin Adventure on Blue Lagoon Island. If you've ever dreamed of swimming with, and interacting with dolphins, you must do this. Tip: We were fortunate that another couple had cancelled their reservation for the Dolphin Adventure. You need to book this well in advance of your arrival to the hotel. It was $165/person, plus whichever picture package you chose to purchase of you with the dolphins. The restaurants at Atlantis were wonderful. You really must book in advance of your arrival, or you will be eating at a buffet restaurant every night. Our favorite was the Cafe at The Great Wall of Waters located in the Main Towers. The most exquisite restaurant was Cafe Martinique located at the Marina Village, which is a quaint shopping village adjacent to the hotel. There is also a Johnny Rockets there. Even though we did not have kiddies with us, there were many activities for them. Coral Towers had Kid Rush for children age 3-12 to hang out at with activities set up. There were feeding times with the fishies that children could watch and learn throughout the property. For us big kids, the nightclub called AURA was where we went to dance every night. Great music, upscale crowd. Casino was nice, but they all look the same to me. We tried to extend our stay, but unfortunately the hotel was booked solid when we were leaving. I will be going back next year. I need to go Parasailing just one more time..."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007