West Wind Club II

Good
Good

the real paradise island

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I am a multiple resident and i stayed at the west wind club 2 last summer.I found the staff to be very friendly.The bartenders very nice, and the rooms were the cleanest i've ever stayed in. Although its not the bigest in size it more than makes up for it with the beatiful view of the ocean. The living room was very cosy. It included a pull out sofa, a t.v. and very comfortable chairs.There were two full bathrooms upstairs and downstairs. The downstairs bedroom had a king sized bed, while the upstairs bedrom had two twin beds. Aside from all of the nice things to do at the west wind you can also participate in surrounding hotels activities. You could also plan activities through the main office such as deepsea fishing, jet skiing,parasailing and much much more. Also they had a movie rental service through the front office. The bar area was always nice and clean. But one thing they could have worked on was wearing gloves during the preparation of your food. Other thatn that there is not much wrong with the west wind club. If the whole them not wearing gloves part freaked you out, CHILL you can still eat out at one of the towns many restaraunts. You know you can sleep easy at the west wind because there is a security wall in the front, and partially in the back, with a squad of security patrolman 24/7. So know that you will be safe at night at West Wind 2."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of March 2006

Wish the vacation never ended

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"Everything on this trip went smooth. The flight, going through immigration in Nassau, getting to the condo, getting a room as soon as we arrived (even though we were four hours early for check-in). The staff at Westwind were very helpful, courteous and always friendly. They also know how to sing and perform. All the units face the water/beach; it was beautiful to see the view from the living room everyday. Each unit has an open balcony or patio with chairs and table. The unit we stayed in (upstairs) had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. The unit itself could have used a lot of updating and dusting, but other than that, the bathrooms were sparkling clean and there were clean sheets on the bed. The kitchen was well supplied with everything you would need to cook and serve with. We did go to the grocery store, walked there, but you can take a bus which usually comes by every 2-3 minutes (they are all #10s). Prices are high everywhere, but by the end of the week, you pretty much get used to it and it did not bother us anymore. We tried different restaurants every evening (they were all good), but loved the Caesar salad at the steakhouse in the Wyndham. It was the best and we ate there twice just for that. If you do nothing else on your trip, you have to do the "Booze Cruise". It was very inexpensive for what you got, a boat ride for one, lunch (chicken, rice, corn, salad), snorkeling for 45 minutes (my first time and it won't be my last--it was great and I advise any beginner to do it on this trip), all the drinks (alcolohic or non) after snorkeling you can handle, dancing to the great music, stopping at an island where we tried jet skiing by some of the native Bahamians who are there to take you out (or you can take it out youself), and a tour of the sights that you pass while on the boat. You won't regret this trip. The beaches were great, we always walked behind the gate at Westwind and layed on the beaches behind the Radison, Wyndham and Nassau Beach and were not told to leave once. We did shows, joined the health club at the Wyndham for $30 for the week, used the hot tubs, saw the sights, shopped at the straw markets and made deals galore. We danced at the clubs and met wonderful people. I am ready to go back tomorrow, and I would definitely stay at the Westwind again."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

Worth the long flight

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We (my husband, my 6 year old son and I) spent 13 hours getting from the UK to the condo - and when we arrived it was pre-hurricaine Wilma, 90 degrees with 90% humidity - so to open the condo door to the cool freshness of the airconditioning was nothing short of wonderful!!
The condo itself has very pleasant, comfortable bedrooms. The lounge/diner is basic and not aimed for comfort!,so not much good if you plan to spend your evenings inside (most people would not I guess!)

The kitchen was basic but functional ,the bathrooms old and in need of renovation. Both were scrupiously clean.

The view we had from our balcony was amazing. I think we possibly had the best view of the resort as our condo was the sea end (rather than the road end ) and facing towards Nassau. We spent most nights sitting out, with a bottle of wine or beer, watching the sunset and the huge cruise liners over the sea.

Overall, for the price and convienince of self catering, it was good value for money.

Westwind ii beach was more of a small sandpit! but the Raddision beach immediatly next door was perfect!! We even were able to use the sunbeds and parasoles from the hotel.

The condos 2 pools are more suited to adults as they get deep VERY quick.... but again they were kept clean.

Finally - transport!
The number 10 bus is the most wonderful idea ever! you just stand on the pavement outside, and within moments a number 10 arrives. You go to your destination, shout 'yes please' and pay the driver $1 per person when leaving. Fantastic service, and so friendly - we even has one bus reverse 50m back up the road for us!!

Overall - a satisfactiory resort, with a few negatives, but mostly sound, clean and safe. We would certainly go back."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Not a #1

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I agree with one of the previous reviews..Loud music from some party or club nearby blared in our room. Our room also overlooked an alley way near the tennis court that was filled with items. However, there were several good things.. Service was excellent... The kitchen was very well equipped with blender, silverwear, three types of drinking glasses ( even wine glasses)..

We were renters, raher than owners -- However all were very friendly..and we did not feel left out.

The pools are small.. If you have children, becareful becasue the pools go as deep as 9 feet.. So not much area for small children to play."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2005

Westwind II ...It was okay ....

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"As a family of 6 the idea of a condo on the beach was a great idea. The condo was roomy and we saved alot of money not having to eat out at restaurants all the time. We stayed at Westwind II the second week of our two week vacation. The first week we stayed at Paradise Island Beach Club and loved it, so I think we were a little spoiled.

Westwind II is not a bad place to stay, we had no complaints about anything, we just didn't spend much time there as the pools were small and there was so much more going on at the other resorts. We spent most of our time at the pool and beach at the Crystal Palace. These are timeshare condos and most of the regulars know each other and hang out together, so we as one time renters were kind of left out."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2005

Chintziest hotel in bahamas!

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Westwind II is the chintziest hotel ever! The other reviews must be by family members of the management. What beach front hotel CHARGES FOR TOWELS??? NON REFUNDABLE! Maid service is $15 per day and they don't do dishes in the condo! So, you have to clean after yourself and pay a maid! There are only two umbrellas, so get to the beach early. The reason they don't have shade: The umbrellas broke in the hurricane LAST YEAR! No Amenities, except soap for the shower. Only one hair dryer (and never received another when asked for one) for two bathrooms, and only one clock radio for two bedrooms. Never received one of those, either. People who work there are nice. Management rules are nasty. Hope you are not handicapped as the loft units are up lots and lots of stairs."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2005

Home away from Home...West Wind II...Away from the crowds

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"The Westwind II condominium was a time share type of hotel. It was very beautiful, spacious, clean, and had a nice view of the ocean from the side window in the living room. Our 2 story condo had a living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and 2 full bathrooms. The bedroom downstairs had a full size bed and the upstairs bedroom had 2 twin beds. The furniture was nice, clean, and comfortable. We were supplied with extra toiletries and towels(they have a towel exchange service at no charge). There was a safe in the master bedroom which held our valuables. The kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, pots and pans, utensils, trash bags etc…The view from the outside of the condo included 1 of the 2 swimming pools, the commons area, and the snack bar. The second pool was on the other side of the snack bar. Both swimming pools had plenty of beach chairs, patio furniture, and BBQ pits. The pools were big and kept very clean. Beyond the second swimming pool were 2 raised decks with patio furniture which gave a clear beautiful view of the ocean.
The ocean was easily accessible and you could use the whole beach to swim. There are several other hotels next door to the Westwind. They include The Radisson, The Wyndham, Crystal Palace, and Breezes. You have the option of using the beaches around any of these hotels. Some fun activities you could do on the beach consisted of sailing, canoes, parasailing, jet skiing, and the big water bike.
The hotel was also surrounded by a security wall to protect you from visitors not belonging to the hotel. There were also security guards around the hotel 24/7.
The snack bar was located in the commons area. The menu had a variety of food choices with average prices. It was very convenient because you could order your food and charge it to your hotel room. On Monday nights, the snack bar hosted a free BBQ dinner for the tenants of the hotel. The food was excellent and you had a choice of fish, chicken, or steak. The ladies working in the snack bar were very attentive and friendly. The only thing I had a problem with was that the ladies preparing the food didn’t wear gloves during preparation of the food. The bar was great. You can order any type of tropical drinks, beer etc. and just have it charged to your villa. Overall, the snack bar had good food, and it was convenient.
For transportation, we rode bus 10 which we caught right in front of the hotel near the tennis courts. It was convenient and cheap. The price was $1.00 each way. The buses had the names of places they stopped at. The buses ran early in the morning and ended at 6:00 pm. After the bus route stopped, we used the taxis. The taxis were pretty expensive. The average cost of the taxi was $20.00 each way. Best thing to do is buddy up with another couple or family to split a cab for going down town after bus hours. The bus and taxi drivers were friendly and the seats were pretty comfortable. Most of the buses had air conditioners depending if the driver wanted to put it on.
There was a grocery store nearby the hotels. Bus 10 drops you off right at the front door and will pick you up across the street. It was not very big and pretty costly. They did have the items we were looking for and it was convenient. Pick up what you need for your meals or just eat out. Milk was about $8.00 a gallon, loaf of bread about $5.50. You can get fruits etc. and pretty much anything you want to cook. I suggest getting about $150.00 worth of groceries per week, and pick out days to eat out.
For entertainment, we were able to book excursions through the hotel’s front office. There was a huge variety of fun things to do around the island. Each excursion had a different price from $30 - $190. We were usually picked up for these excursions right outside of the hotel near the tennis courts. There are plenty of delicious restaurants to choose from. There is the Fish Fry, Senior Frogs, Conch Fritters, Johnny Canoe, Café Kalik, Poop Deck, Twin Brothers, and the Radisson Hotel. You can eat at the Radisson all you want. We usually ate breakfast there for 14.00 buffet or $9.00 for a regular breakfast.
Overall, the Westwind II was a very clean, safe, spacious, and comfortable hotel. They attended to our needs. The staff was friendly and informative. They were even kind enough to bring our lost car keys to the airport when we were leaving. Overall, I would recommend Westwind II, especially for those who are looking to get away from the crowded resorts."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2005

I just don't get it

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I'm sorry. I just don't get these glowing reviews. I guess if you don't want to spend a lot of money and you need a condo that accommodates a lot of people, then this could work if you don't have high standards.

However, you sacrifice a lot. The condos look like they were decorated by the person who designed the Golden Girls set, and like the accessories haven't been updated in about 30 years. It looks like it was decorated entirely from some poor person's yard sale and from debris that washed up on the beach. And I'm not talking about collectibles like driftwood and conch shells. The accomodations are musty and the air conditioners did not cool well enough, especially in the loft rooms. Loud music from some party or club nearby blared in my window all night. My room overlooked an alley way near the tennis court that was filled with garbage (a storage area for more decorations?) and looked sketchy. The only word to describe the condos is "functional."

The condo cleaning process took forever, during which bags of garbage sat in full view from the pool area and from balconies. The pools are small and out of date. The lounge chairs are uncomfortable hard plastic. The beach is non-existent - there are about 5 feet between the ocean and the pool deck - hardly enough room to stretch out a towel, and there are no chairs on the beach itself.

The staff at the bar and grill are friendly, if not efficient. That's about the only positive thing I can say. For two people, we should have gotten a nice hotel. As cheesy and fading as it is, if I were ever to go back to New Providence Island the only place I would stay would be Atlantis."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Westwind II Club, powerboat adventure, dolphin encounter

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"The westwind II club on Cable beach is fantastic..it is available for rent or you can exchange through RCI time share. The people were fantastic and the place was impeccably clean. The beach area was a litle small but not crowded at all. We took several day trips. The powerboat adventure is a must do!! It's worht the money. The boats are fast but not dangerous and the islands you visit are amazing. The first isalnd we visites was inhabited by iguanas and we fed the grapes. then we were off to a private island were we were treated to fantastic lunch, we fed the stingrays and watched the guides feed the sharks. My daughter did some snorkeling and I enjoyed just sitting on the beach. There are many surprises on the island that you won't want to miss!! We also went to the dolphin encounter..Also great fun. We chose the Swimming with the dolphin option where we were able to hug, dance, feed, and be pushed by the dolphins. It was a moment to remember. If you choose to go to the Bahammas these are 2 trips you don't want to miss!! If you want more info, you can email me @[email protected] fun!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of June 2005

loved west wind

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I've stayed at West Wind II 7 times now and I find it to be Heaven on earth! We go each October. The first day of our trip is the happiest day of my year and the last day of the trip the saddest. I cry every time I leave. I love the staff, they are like family. They go out of their way to care for their guests and remember them year to year. I can't think of a negative thing to say about being there. It is clean, beautiful and peaceful. The Bahamians are some of the loveliest people on earth. I can't wait for October!"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of March 2005

Great place

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"There are two resorts with the same name. Do your research and don't confuse the two. I stayed at westwind II. Two bedrooms, but one is a loft (no door). If you want more room, stay at Guanahani, the oceanfront units there are at least three times the size of westwind units. At westwind II, being next door to the large hotels is a nice plus. Rent a cheap car to get groceries for the kitchen."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of February 2005

Great family vacation

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We just recently (1/19/05-1/27/05) took our first family vacation to Nassau and stayed at Westwinds II. We had never been to Nassau and did not know where to stay. I had been looking at many different hotels until I found this website and its top pick of Westwinds II.
We stayed in one of the oceanfront villas which was perfect for our family. Our boys, ages 1 and 2, loved watching the ships go in and out of port and we were able to still sit in the sun and let one of the boys play in the sand while the other napped and vice versa. In addition, the convenience of the kitchen was a must with my growing boys' thirst for milk and our difficulty with toddlers eating out for every meal.
We were looking for a vacation that simply allowed us to sit in the sun and play in the sand all day and that had clean and comfortable surroundings. We found that with Westwinds II. The staff was very friendly and the accommodations were exactly what we were looking for. We also met several other families with young children in the same complex and were able to spend a couple evenings and sand-filled days with them. If we ever visit Nassau again, we will definitely come back to Westwinds II."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of February 2005

Hotels near West Wind Club II

Stayed at West Wind Club II? Share your insight.

West Wind Club II is also called