About The Beach at Atlantis

• water park

Good

rude staff and management

Reviewed Mon 28th of February 2011

"Our family has traveled extensively and we found that most of the hotel employees to be rude. There was an emergency and we needed a guest to be paged. They put us on hold for 45 min and never returned to the line after we repeated called the fron desk. They said they had other things to do. We specifically asked when booking the hotel that we had a child who was turning 18 in 1 week and another child who turned 18 2 weeks ago (bothe girls) and we wanted them both to go to the same club - crush for 13 to 17 year olds. They said not a problem. When we arrive they said the 18 year old had to go the alcoholic bar and the 17 yr old had to stay at the crush. We said they were not to be left alone because it was not safe and their words were "tough luck" REALLY!! A hotel saying something like that? We asked to speak to a manager and they said the managers do not speak to guests and we explained the situation, we were told someone would get back to us but nobody did. The hotel is pretty and their is things to do but it was very disappointing for the money and when arriving back home I found out from others that they had bad experiences there too."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of February 2011

Amazing holiday, no doubts at all.

Reviewed Thu 18th of February 2010

"My fiance and I have just returned from a 2 week winter break in Atlantis, Paradise Island. As we live in America and my fiance's job allows us to use their private jet, we didn't need to book flights.
Our room was in the Royal Towers - very expensive but the rooms are so beautiful and worth every penny.
On arrival, we were asked if we would like a room upgrade to the Mexicana Honeymoon Suite as it was un-occupied, however we (REGRETTEDLY) turned the offer down.
The resort has so much to offer, we (like teenagers) spent most days enjoying the water park and vast acres of swimming pools as well as various trips to the beach. We also hired motor scooters for a day to explore the island and picked up various items from a lovely shopping trip.
One day, we visited dolphin cove- a truly magical experience. Absoutely astounding as we swam among the dolhpins, held onto their fins as they pulled us along.
We also had scuber lessons one day, and went for a tour in the lost continent reef- AMAZING. although very expensive but worth it.
Food is very expensiv there it must be said. And what you pay for isn't brilliant in the restaurants. Which is why Jack and I mostly ordered room service which was surprisingly cheaper & a much higher standard of food.
One evening, we hired a yacht (info at desk) and spent the night there which was great. Sorry to be slightly rude, but in the Atlantis resort the rooms are all in very close proximity with little sound proofing, therefore we felt the yacht was a great option for us so we could enjoy a wild night without worrying of what the neighbours were hearing.
Also, the yacht was a great experience.- It was mainly used for the same use as us (privacy for couples) and was therefore well stocked with all the wild and hot things you would need.
On this vacation, I was treated like a princess, so for anyone who isn't over rich or doesnt like spending money this holiday is a no go. However for everyone else, definitely a must do!!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of February 2010

hidden costs

Reviewed Tue 12th of January 2010

"Beautiful grounds and the rooms were satisfactory. Food average but very, very expensive. Staff seemed ok but didn't really go "out of their way" to be helpful. Fitness center is at one end of the hotel and was a good 15 minute walk from our room.

The biggest complaint I had were the hidden costs. I would rather have someone charge me a higher fee and be honest about it. This hotel charges room utility fees, pool and beach fees, and maid service fees. The maid service fees are per day but the maids do not clean the rooms but every OTHER day. There is even an added charge for the "free" movie at their theatre-whether you go or not. I am amazed that places can get away with this. I suppose that repeat business is not a big issue for them.

I hate to be so darn critical. I just left with a feeling that I had been taken advantage of. The grounds are beautiful-that's for sure. Beyond that, I can't imagine why someone would book their vacation there."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of December 2009

Well a bit of advice for anyone who is l...

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2007

"Well a bit of advice for anyone who is looking to book this hotel – Don’t! Instead book the Comfort Suites, it’s literally a 2 min walk up Atlantis drive and is £1000's cheaper. Not only this you get full use of Atlantis Facilities and are treated the same. The hotel its self is breathtaking but not worth the money to stay in what so ever.

I went in July and had the best holiday ever, Paradise Island is clean and everyone is so friendly. I’m very fussy and review every accommodation before I book and the Comfort suites is the best value for money. However they only do bed and breakfast and food out in Atlantis is unbelievably expensive. I paid $30 for a chicken breast (on its own) and it was raw in the middle. I recommend Antonys Grill, cheap and cheerful and very popular with everyone.

Atlantis is good for adults but is limited for children, actually there is nothing for them in the evening apart form a night club but then that costs $30 a night, and it only caters for 6/17 year olds.

Overall Atlantis is so unreal and amazing but I’d never in a million years stay there, I’d always go back to the Comfort Suites.

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2007

I and my husband went on a two week brea...

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2007

"I and my husband went on a two week break to the Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, and Nassau in the Bahamas for our honeymoon.

The Atlantis resort is an absolute paradise. We stayed in the Beach Tower and upon arrival were upgraded to a pool and beach view apartment. The room was fab and the view breathtaking.

There is so much to do in exploring the Atlantis resort and you will not be disappointed. The staff are the friendly and most welcoming I have ever encountered on a holiday. However, the main drawback is the price, despite the fact that the dollar rate is so good against the pound, we still managed to spend about $5000, and that wasn't us being over extravagant.

There is a 15% standard gratuity added to every bill, whether you are walking into a shop to buy an ice-cream cone, pack of cigarettes etc or if your actually dining and this really does add up. A 330ml can of local beer in the resort will set you back $7 plus gratuity.

A two course meal for two with house wine will set you back at least $180.00 Also despite the fact that there is a 24 hr casino in the resort, all the restaurants seemed to close by 10.30pm and the grocery stores closed at 8pm."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

The flights to Nassau on BA were absolut...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2007

"The flights to Nassau on BA were absolutely brilliant. So great start to the holiday.
We had arranged transfers with BA Holidays and the ride to Atlantis was smooth.

Atlantis itself is a beautiful place, which reminded us of Las Vegas in that it was 100% man made. We hired a scooter and travelled around Paradise Island as well as venturing into Nassau.

The whole holiday was very americanised, from the larger than life hotel to the larger than life American tourists.

If you want something natural and peaceful I would recommend you go to Mauritius.

All in all a good holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2007

We stayed at the Atlantis resort for two...

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2007

"We stayed at the Atlantis resort for two weeks and I loved every minute. Our room was in the coral towers and although they were not as nice as the main resort they were big enough and clean.

The resort itself is amazing. There are over ten pools there and a water park is part of the hotel. You can never be bored here as there are so many things to look at everywhere. As you are walking around the corridors of the hotel you pass sharks, eels, and all sort of fish. The beach is stunning and there are lots of water sports to there.

We did eat in the hotel a lot which wasn't cheap but we also eat in other restaurants on paradise island and in Nassau. The casino was huge with all kind of different games to play there. The staff were always very friendly there.

Although this resort is not cheap I would love to go back there one day as it truly is an amazing place and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an extra special holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2007

We booked 14 nights at the Atlantis Reso...

Reviewed Fri 26th of January 2007

"We booked 14 nights at the Atlantis Resort for our honeymoon.

It was the worst decision we ever made and after three days, we decided we wanted to go home but could not leave straight away. The company we flew with only flew out of Nassau on Monday's.

The hotel was dirty, the service we received from various staff was poor and at times rude.

The food was at best edible, at most disgusting. Both myself and my husband experienced sickness and diarrhoea during our stay, this could have been due to the poor food or the dirty water that was coming out of the shower and sink in our room!

We didn’t take one picture on our honeymoon because we hated it so much and could not wait to get home.

Our honeymoon was completely ruined and I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of January 2007

This is the most amazing hotel I've been...

Reviewed Wed 10th of January 2007

"This is the most amazing hotel I've been to - the theme of the Lost City of Atlantis is executed brilliantly throughout the whole complex.

From the restaurants to the 'dig' (an under water tunnel in a seemingly never ending aquarium with sharks - fish - a HUGE manta ray and other sea life) and even outside to the swimming pools.

You can want for nothing in this resort, with one possible exception of cheaper food, the only negative aspect of the holiday.

After 4 days of eating in the hotel we realised it would be massively cheaper to venture out to the nearby cafe's and restaurants, where there is a plenty of choice for relatively little money.

The rooms are nice, a good size, and ours overlooked the decorative fountain on the main drive - the harbour and right over to Nassau - Breathtaking!

The staff are very pleasant and unlike some other reviews, I could not say I found one member of staff to be unhelpful or anything other than happy to assist with anything we required.

This is a once in a lifetime holiday, but I hope to make it a twice in a lifetime experience and go back soon to experience their additions such as the Dolphin Sanctuary.
AMAZING HOLIDAY!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of January 2007

The most fantastic holiday I have ever h...

Reviewed Tue 9th of January 2007

"The most fantastic holiday I have ever had. The hotel is so big that I could only find the lazy river once and did not find it again.

This place is amazing for both children and adults alike.

The theme is the lost city of Atlantis - so it has a strong water theme. The water slides are out of this world - although ladies watch your bikinis on the really tall one.

There was a tube through the shark infested water which my husband adored although being so close to sharks didn't appeal to me.

The only disappointing part of the holiday was the food - it was expensive to eat in the resort - but just across the road is this most fantastic Italian, which serves good food at a good price.

Trips to do - speed boat out to one of the islands for a BBQ and then snorkeling with sharks (again my husbands idea) but a great day out. But be careful of catching the sun whilst on the speedboat, as you don't notice the heat due to the speed of the boat.

If you are planning on going I would 100% recommend it and would love to go back one day."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

This is an amazing hotel - well worth th...

Reviewed Tue 9th of January 2007

"This is an amazing hotel - well worth the money!

The room in the Royal Towers was great, we had a view of the harbour as well as looking out into Nassau.

The Hotel is massive, and it is easy to spend 10 days and not find the lazy river more than once - I know, I tried to locate it after day 3 and failed, but the pools I did find made up for my insignificant and somewhat momentary disappointment.

The Casino is brilliant, very good for those who are less accustomed to casino life, as well as the more serious gamblers who are looking for a 'game'.

The whole complex is clean and tidy, the staff seem to work tirelessly on keeping it spotless.

The only criticism I have is that the food is heavily overpriced...we ate all our meals in the hotel, or room service for the first 4 days, then realised we should be going out into Nassau to locate some more value for money eateries.

There is a wonderful Italian restaurant as you leave the hotel via the Coral Towers and venture towards the Holiday Inn - there you will find a little convenience store (cheaper crisps, soft drinks and snacks) and a series of cafe's and restaurants.

If you are a couple, a family, or even travelling on your own, there is something for everyone at this hotel, we will certainly be going back. "

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

I recently booked a holiday with bookabl...

Reviewed Sat 5th of August 2006

"I recently booked a holiday with bookable holidays and from start to finish the whole experience was an absolute pleasure. I travel all over the world and their knowledge and efficiency was extremely impressive. The holiday was with Virgin holidays and as always lived up to and exceeded all expectations. The Atlantis Hotel is absolutely amazing with plenty to see and do. With a water park and an aquarium that is out of this world. The standard of accommodation and service is outstanding and the staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend anyone that wants to experience the Caribbean it true style to call bookable holidays....You won't be disappointed."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of August 2006

Hotels near The Beach at Atlantis

Top traveller tips for The Beach at Atlantis

• ljb93 by ljb93

"read other rating first, there has been a lot of bad experiences and for the price its not worth it "

The Beach at Atlantis is also called