Marley Resort & Spa

West Bay St Cable Beach, Nassau New Providence Island

a true island getaway

Reviewed Sat 23rd of February 2013

"this was to be a relaxing vacation spent doing nothing more than laying out by the pool, and drinking/eating true island fare...and we did just that for 4 days straight. it was also to be a trip of special significance as I planned to propose to my girlfriend the first night of our stay.
well, the staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming to all of my requests prior to arrival to make sure the event went flawlessly - and while we were there, not a single request went unfulfilled.
the resort is quiet, private and tranquil.
the entire staff was amazing.
the food and drink was, in my opinion, spectacular.

I would definitely recommend the MRS to anyone traveling to the Bahamas - and in fact, we are considering a destination wedding back at the property next year.

a special thanks to Patrece and Eliot for all their help in making this a trip to remember."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of May 2009

We were treated like royalty by all the staff but the bartender Pepsi was the best!!

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"I would have to say of all my travels this vacation is number one on my list. I have never been any place in my life were I was treated like a queen. Everyone working at the Marley Resort treated me like I had come home from a long absence. The servers Alexis and Myra especially stood out. And the Bartenders Pepsi and Jamie will make sure you have the time of your life. They took such good care of us. I used to be a bartender and have never seen two people who enjoy there jobs so much. The security guards Sly and Mike walk you to your room at night and will do anything you need or want. By the end of my stay I was so sad to go and will be back as soon as I can."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of May 2009

Lovely, secluded and perfect place to unwind

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"Went for a long weekend to the Resort and had a lovely experience. The boutique size of the resort made it a great stay. Rooms were clean and the food at the resort was tasty. To earlier points made, you are on Bahamian time, and you need to remember that when ordering. No one is in a rush.

Cons: Pool chairs are limited and if you're not out early, you're SOL. While the beach is secluded, there is a public access right near the hotel. On weekends, you may face large familial gatherings that are less then quiet.

All in all a great stay and I will definitely be back."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of May 2009

Good as long as you don't eat here

Reviewed Sun 24th of February 2013

"We just got back from the Marley. The rooms were great (comfortable bed and bathroom). Our major problem with the resort was the horrible waitress during the day who was the most dishonest server we had ever encountered (it’s a popular topic at the pool). Each day she added something to our bill that we didn't order and would argue with us when we tried to take off (one woman went postal at her the first day and I thought she needed to chill but got it by the second day). After the first day the two of us would watch each morning as guest after guest would argue with her (and talk about slow, an hour and twenty minutes to get toast. I understand island time but she is on criminal time).

The only other problem with the resort is that the pool area only has about 12 chairs. Unfortunately Sandals guest often arrive early and claim all the seats and towels with books. The hotel really needs to stop non paying guests from taking over the pool area.

Otherwise the hotel space was great. Patrice who ran the check in and the nighttime bartenders were wonderful. The hotel needs work out a few kinks though before I would recommend it to a friend."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of May 2009

RELAX MON

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"I just celebrated my 50th birthday at the Marley resort & spa in the bahama's and it was
one of the most relaxing vacations i have ever had. If you want to get away from the hassle of a large mega resort, and want some peace and quiet, then this is a good place to start. They even have live entertainment on the weekends, the food was excellant, but a little pricey, but there are other dining options just minutes away. The spa was exceptional, and i had one of the best messages, ever. The staff was very
accomodating and professional, and the rooms were very nice, and we wil definitely
be back. I wouldn't recommend for small children, it's not that kind of place, more for
couples who just want a relaxing stress free vacation, in a very secluded, and private location."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of April 2009

After travelling for over 15 years, I finally found the ultimate paradise

Reviewed Wed 20th of February 2013

"Good day to all and thank you for taking the time to read my review of the Marley Resort & Spa. Before discussing my overall impression of the resort, you, the readers, should be aware that I have travelled through the Caribbeans for the past 15 years and have stayed in resorts ranging from all-inclusive "giant" clubs (i.e. Sandals, Breezes etc...) to much smaller and unique hotels (Bay Gardens). Combined with the fact that I have also travelled to many of the islands (from Curacao to St Lucia, from St Martin to Barbados and countless more...) I consider myself informed enough to pass judgment on resorts. Based on these premisses, please consider the following comments to be rational and without any bias. It is my hope that if you are contemplating staying at this resort that you will find my comments to be of great influence as to whether you will book or not.
(1) The resort is a 10 minute drive from the airport, which means you won't be wasting any time getting there (i.e. more beach time!). It is also located very close to restaurants, amenities etc. Basically a hop and skip to any amenities you may need. It is located at the end of a BEAUTIFUL beach (cable beach) which really makes it feel as though it was your very own private beach as there are almost no visitors.In short 10/10 for location
(2) The grounds are beautifully kepts and the hotel itself is crystal clean, decorated in good taste, very unique in its own way. Pools are the best (2 small ones) and the jacuzzi/hotub is actually very hot! first time ever I find it enjoyable! In short hotel is 9/10
(3) Staff is very friendly, very courteous and will go out of their way to accomodate you. They understand what client services is all about and it shows. A special thank you to Eliot (aka Platinum) for his help in assisting me with various requests (way to go Eliot). Stephanie Marley was also a "joy". She went out of her way to faciliate a "Jamaican" breakfast for my wife, and even took care of "preparing for conservation" a starfish for my daughter. Stephanie understands what good public relations are all about and how important the "human" element can be with visitors. As such she will already have gained my entire family as REPEAT customers. Service level is 10/10. Small resort with small number of guests can CUSTOMIZE your very own level of service and attention. By the way, a big hello Stephanie from Alexis, Sienna and Paula (Sienna says hi to you goddaughter Tamara-see picture)
At the end of the day, this resort is more expensive than the "average" hotel such as Sheraton etc. But let's not compare oranges to apples. This is a unique resort, brand new, well-trained and friendly staff on a gorgeous beach. When you walk in you feel as though this is actually "your" house and do not feel at all as though you were staying at a hotel. I will be vacationing again in September and before going there I was thinking of going back to Barbados. Well those plans are now shelved. I found paradise. It's in Nassau. It's on a white sand beach. it's in front of crystal clear water. it's where the people smile and take care of you. It's where the Marleys are. Signed Alexis Klein. For any further information on the resort pls email me at [email protected]"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of April 2009

Absolutely tranquil and what a great vibe!

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"Don't miss this one, before the word gets out. I only hope that they NEVER change, once more people know about this place. We were there for our honeymoon, in early March-09. Everything about this place is wonderful (the grounds, the rooms, the service, the food (although a bit expensive), the spa (pricey as well), and the overall vibe. It was an unforgettable experience! If you like being a bit away from the tourist crowds, but close enough to do anything you would want, this is an excellent option. Llike others stated a cab ride to downtown Nassau/Atlantis area is about $20-30...however the Jitney/Bus, which locals use for getting around, is $1.50 to jump onto, take you basically anywhere, and picks up right out front of the resort the #10 BUS). You can ride this all the way into downtown Nassau (about 20-25 min's). When you jump on or off the bus don't forget to greet the folks with a "Good Afternoon/Morning/Evening".... it's common friendly practice by the local folks. There is a plaza across the street with a grocery store also. The beach is a bit small, as others have mentioned, but with only 16 rooms we only saw (at the most) 2-3 other people, at any time out by the pools (small area as well), and/or beach. Our room (Misty Morning) was awesome and cozy (bed-very comfortable, clean-turn down svc.(2x) per day, flat screen, awesome artistic lighting, beautiful tile in bathroom, bose system playing classic and some unreleased Bob Marley tunes, mahogony wood, and a small fridge. The service was excellent (don't know why others have complained...if you carry yourself as a friendly and respectful person, the same gets reciprocated). The whole week we met, and befriended the ENTIRE staff (the concierges folks- anything you needed was done..they were awesome and booked several things for us to do ( the Island Excursion (Exuma Cays) and horseback riding on the beach are highly recommended), the food service staff - very friendly, helpful,and attentative, and even the staff that ran the Marley store - awesome people. An unexpected live performance by Tanya Stephens was a cool suprise. Overall this place is awesome. It really feels like you are visiting a friends beach mansion, more than that "hotel feel". We would hightly recommend this place, and will return for an anniversary. Relax and enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of April 2009

Wonderful spa

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"I just moved to Nassau and was looking for nice spa. I have been to some other ones on the islands. I loved this one the best. Beautiful surrounding and friendly staff. I felt like I was visiting a friend's lovely beach retreat. I had a massage from Claudine and a pedicure from Arlene. Both wonderful. I like the all natural products they use made from local Caribbean ingredients."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of April 2009

A very lovely spa experience

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"My friends and I visited the Mystic spa while staying at the nearby Wyndam. What a lovely experience. The whole hotel gave off such a great vibe, that we wished we were staying there. The spa was decorated beautifully, with relaxing music, spices laid out, and a lovely receptionist. Tia. All 3 of us had messages and the head/scalp treatment, and floated away when they were done. We followed up with a drink at the bar, and enjoyed looking at the public rooms of the hotel, esp. all the Marley family pictures. I would definitely come back here to stay. The pool was small, but the view of the sea was great. We also smelled incredible aroma's coming from the kitchen ,and wished we could've stayed for dinner."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of April 2009

LOVE, LOVE + LOVE This Resort

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"This is a beautiful resort. My husband, children and I had a wonderful time. The staff was very helpful and rooms were clean. FYI the spa is beautiful. Food was okay a little expensive and need proper menus. We will definitely go back again. The Tanya Stephens event was a GREAT PLUS as we did not expect to meet a star in person and take in music for free."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of March 2009

Relaxation

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"My husband and I just returned from celebrating our first anniversary at the Marley. We both work very long hours and were in desperate need of down time. We decided not to stay at Atlantis because of the timing (Spring Break) and crowds. Instead we chose the Marley Resort and were very impressed. Only having 16 rooms gave us the relaxing atmosphere we were looking for but by no means was the resort 'sleepy'. Other couples were always around, just no many. And locals were often at the bar or restaurant. It's a 10-15 minute cab ride to Atlantis or downtown, which costs $20 one way. We like to go to the casinos, but do not really like staying in such large resorts, so the Marley was perfect for us to be able to get away relax but then still go out at night.
Also, we did not have a single local vendor approach us while we were on the beach trying to get us to buy something. And there really was no foot traffic on the beach in front of the resort.
The staff was always gracious and made you feel as if no request was too large. The beach area is small, but with so few rooms, not much space is needed. We will definitely return (probably even within the next 6 months)."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of March 2009

Great Place Poor Managing.

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"I recently stayed at the marley resort and before i came to the bahamas which i do very frequently, i have a wonderful stay and i really enjoy myself, meaning the sun and the friendly people to top it off. When i got to the hotel the checkin process was very exciting and professional rooms were remarkable, oh the pool and beach area were so delicious and the food....OMG! awsome.
But during my stay after a day or so all of the good cheer and gratitude was all gone, if theres something i like most about my surroundings is that its always a great feeling at all times. The staff was not so happy anymore, i wasn't getting that smile as before, and the marleys experience that i was promised like it said on my confirmation, and i kinda saw the whole reason behind staff seem to be talked down to and it is not a good thing for customers espically in the midst of it " Happy Cows Make Great Milk " and the moral at this place is like drinking an energy drink one minute your all hyped up the next your drained and out of it. The settings and ambiance is toatally kewl, but there is really poor management and the staff seems not to be so happy which then its creates poor customer service which wants you never to again return...Marleys whats going on Nice Place Poor Managing."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of January 2009

Hotels near Marley Resort & Spa

Stayed at Marley Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Marley Resort & Spa is also called