Good

What a relaxing vacation!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Just returned from 8 days at the Playa Linda. I was a single adult female over 50 there for rest and rejuvenation and found exactly that. I was in a studio Room 505 overlooked the pool and the sea. I loved my room could have used a new mattress (too soft) but the accomodations for me were lovely. I enjoyed breakfast on the patio overlooking a gorgeous turquoise blue Caribbean Sea and the pool was never crowded always could find a chickee there and at the beach with no problem going as late as 1030am when water aerobics started...a great class for all who are interested. The pool has a gradual decline on one end for families with small children and you can lay there and be in the water partially to keep cool as you sunbathe. The whole place is very user friendly even with two internet computers near the front desk area for those needing to keep in touch that way. Each floor of 8 rooms has card key access for those set of rooms only so no one really can just wander around. The staff on my floor were just so friendly, they made the stay very enjoyable. I tried the Azurro Restaurant and thought they were overpriced but did have a unique dish there a spaghetti in a flaming whiskey sauce but you did not get salad with it just bread and it was like $75 for three people for spaghetti only and I had tea. The Suisse Chalet down the road was a great find. I have been to Aruba eight times and have never been there and I have been missing out. They had a chicken breast stuffed with spinach and this sauce over it was plate licking good and I thought my money was better spent there. Use public transportation for getting into town the bus stop a two minute walk in front of the Hyatt a beautiful wooden bench under a display of trees. For two dollars round trip you have access to great restaurants. Try Iguana Joes for the Jerk Chicken skewers and Mango Salsa just right for a light appetite also great Mango Iced Tea. Shopping is good still even after eight times. Make sure you allow enough time at the airport when you get ready to go home. I arrived at 1130am for a 245 pm flight and that was just about right as the time gets closer to takeoff customs and baggage search get terribly slow as almost all the flights leave near the same time. I definitely would go back to Playa Linda and the property was very clean and well maintained and located just at a really nice distance from town. The property is not a party property there were families with small children age two or so, husbands and wives and grandma's and grandpa's all with the same goal to have a wonderful time. It is very safe in Aruba even after the devastating loss of Natalie...just use common sense. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful place to spend your time than Aruba... my favorite place on earth a constant 82 degrees or so no humidity and that beautiful trade wind breeze! I have stayed previously at the Wyndam and at Casa Del. Mar. I would love to stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2005

Beautiful Resort!! Friendly People!!!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"We stayed at Playa Linda for 10 wonderful days. My husband, myself and our three children stayed in a 1 bedroom unit with a fantastic view of the pool/ocean. My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and I had planned a surprise wedding vow renewal ceremony at Playa Linda. We honeymooned in Aruba twenty years ago so this island has special meaning to us. Yvette & Jennifer, the concierges at Playa Linda, did a really great job. I wanted it to be simple and romantic with just my husband, myself and our three kids and it was perfect. Vow renewal right on the beach with a gorgeous sunset. Erik and Sandra frrom Perfect Pictures took our photos of the ceremony and did a great job. The girls at the front desk all came to the ceremony and made us feel like family. Couldn't have been more perfect.

The units are very nice. Not overly fancy, but clean and homey. The living area has a pullout couch and day bed. My kids were very comfortable. The kitchen was great. We have never stayed in a timeshare unit before and I have to say that for a family it was nice to have the kitchen for breakfast, snacks and lunches. Maid service daily, except Thursday (towels only). The bedroom area is private with a queen size bed, television,closets and dresser. Tile floors throughout and a/c and ceiling fans. One bathroom with tub/shower, a good size. The balcony was also really nice, a good size and the views are just awesome.

One of the many things we really liked about Playa Linda is that even though it is a timeshare property, it has a resort feel to it. There are many shops, mini-mart, restaurants, bars and recreational facilities. You get the benefit of a home away from home feeling with the luxery of a resort.

The beach is wonderful. There are chickees on the beach for shade. We never had a problem getting one and we are not early risers. The pool is a really good size. Our kids loved it. There is a shallow end for the little ones and a deeper end with rocks & waterfall for older kids/adults. Very pretty setting. We saw so many iguanas and geckos around the pool. My kids really liked that.

Another great thing is the location. Playa Linda can be quiet at night. This was fine for us as most nights, we just wanted to relax in our room, but some nights we liked to take a walk at night to any of the other hotels on either side of Playa Linda. Some nights we would take a romantic walk along the beach walk-way to the Hyatt or Holiday Inn. That's what was really nice. If you wanted more active night life it was a short/romantic walk away. If not ,you had the serenity of Playa Linda. Along with other hotels there are restaurants/shops within walking distance. We walked around at night with our kids and felt 100% safe.

The restaurants in Aruba are very good. We ate out every night and didn't have any bad meals. Some of the restaurants we really liked were; Salt & Pepper, Chalet Suisse, Bella Luna and Azuros (at Playa Linda, beautiful view and great service). Being from N.Y. I would say that most of the restaurants were about equal to eatting out here. Almost all had great service. Very friendly. We ent back to a few and the owners recognized us and greated us as old friends.

We did explore the island and did some shopping. Most times we took a cab, about $10.00 one way. The cab drivers were really friendly and helpful. Ask them questions about Aruba, they are a wealth of informationn. We took the bus once to town. $1.50 a person each way. We rented a car one day and went into the desert, baby beach and the caves. It is worth doing. You see a different part of Aruba.

We have traveled to many different islands and really just love the caribbean in general but I have to say that Aruba and Playa Linda were one of our favorites. The people at Playa Linda strive to make you feel like family and they do just that. They coudn't be nicer or more helpful. The people of Aruba are warm and friendly. We would go back to Aruba and Playa Linda in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2005

Wonderful vacation!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We took our first trip to Aruba in in late June and stayed at the Playa Linda timeshare resort. Although it is located along Palm Beach in the high-rise district it was more like a low-rise hotel, very comfortable and low-key. The open air lobby is beautiful and relaxing. We were given a unit on the 6th floor for our first two nights but as we were told ahead, because we arrived on a Friday, we would be relocated on Sunday. The staff took care of moving all of our things, even the refrigerator items. Our second room was just as nice but on the pool level so we didn't need the elevator. One of the best things about the PLaya Linda is the location. There are so many restaurants and shops within walking distance. We ate at the Le Petit Cafe, Charlie's Grill, Azurro (right on premises with ocean view), Subway and Dunkin donuts. There is also the Dushi Bagel shop right next door. We could also walk to the Pelican Nest at the end of the pier. If you want to gamble The Holiday Inn and Hyatt Casinos are on either side but we weren't bothered by all that commotion in our hotel. We were never approached by anyone about buying a timeshare. There is a mini-market in lobby with good variety of food and drinks but not too expensive. The pool area was lovely and we never had trouble getting a chickie on the beach. Staff was professional and friendly. All in all a great place to stay!!"

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2005

Not bad

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Not a great hotel for a honeymoon stay. The rooms and hallways were pretty noisy, but not unbearable. The pool was very crowded with tons of children, but the beach was very nice. Must get to the beach early to grab a "chikkie" otherwise, you're SOL. We spent more time next door at the Hyatt than we did at the PL. Want to go back to Aruba, but would NOT stay at the PL again."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of July 2005

Loved Aruba

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"We went to Aruba for the first time in April of this year. We fell in love instantly and actually bought a timeshare at Playa Linda the second day!
We stayed at the Aruba Grand which was wonderful, but liked PL better.
We walked along the streets and beach at all hours- 4:30 am to midnight+.
Felt safe everywhere. People could not have been friendlier or more helpful.
Can't wait to go back!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2005

Great Stay at the Playa

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Just came back from a weeks stay in Playa Linda (3/27-4/2/2005) We loved this place. The staff were courteous and friendly. Very clean room with view of ocean. Kitchen was a bit small, but usable. This place is much quieter than other resorts, which for us was great. I would go back there again!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of April 2005

very claustrophobic

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"very disappointed in the resort. I felt the whole time like we were sardines both on the beach and at the pool. The side rooms are so close to the pool it is eerie. Back in its day , it was probably a new concept , but the one bedroom is smaller than a typical hotel room. The exception is that it has a full kitchen. The bathroom has a ceiling so low i could touch it and i am 5 feet. They say the one bed is for 4 but that is outrageous. It is comfortable for a couple and that's it. Halls noisy in am since there are tile floors with maid carts and bedroom backs up to hall. Never again. restaurant Azurros is inedible too."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of March 2005

IT WAS MAGNIFICENT

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Playa Linda in December of 2004, it was great!!! The poeple I met there were amazing and I am planning to go back the exact same week just to see the same people. The resturant there is OK, but if you really want good food, go out. The breakfeast is good by the beach and for happy hour, the bar in the lobby is the best. The couple that runs it is great. I would nto want to stay anywhere else. At night, I walked the beutiful protected beach line to the Hyatt and gambeled. The scenery is sos beutiful when you go behind the Playa Linda to the Hyatt. It is great. The beach and pool are great, and the chickies are very plentiful. I am not sure I would look into staying elseehere becuase everthing I needed was right there. Bingo by the pool is fun and everyone I met was absolutely delightful (Althought, I have read a few bad reviews about the front desk, and I did not find them to be un pleasant at all, everythign we needed was accomodated very well) And for the people complaining about their rooms isze, talk to your parents who gave it to you, the Playa Linda offers: studios (which sleep 4 people), 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms and of course huge suites. The fact that you can have your own food and drink in any room is great!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of February 2005

It's no Costa Linda

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I didn't think this time share was terrible, but it certainly had some problems. We did an exchange from our own time share at Costa Linda, which is wonderful, because we wanted to try Playa Linda's location. It's within walking distance to two nice hotels (Hyatt and Holiday Inn), both with casinos, and lots of restaurants -- mostly fast food. Costa Linda, by contrast, isn't close to much. We stayed at Playa Linda for a week in January and found three major problems. First, we had a studio (whereas at Costa Linda we have a one bedroom). The cramped living quarters aside, studios are torture at PL because the bed is right up against a mini-kitchen and near the front door, so the humming of the fridge, coupled hearing people in the hall into the late hours was a royal pain. The halls are completely enclosed (unlike CL, where they are open) so sound echos LOUDLY. In the AM we could hear the cleaning staff chatting and being loud and if we dared go to bed before midnight we heard everyone coming home at night. To top it off the beds were old and soft and uncomfortable and the pillows, by contrast, were rocks. Another problem compared to CL is that the beach at Playa Linda is a narrow strip and gets awfully crowded. The chickies are often filled up early with people who put out towels and then disappear (same thing at the pool) and there are so many chickies and palm trees on the little strip that the beach gets next to no sun. Costa Linda has a very deep beach, so room and sun is never a problem. Finally, the staff at PL never seemed nice or happy. In fact, a couple of people, including a waiter at the beachfront grill and a woman at the Haagen Daaz stand, were downright nasty. We were pleased with the location, and perhaps getting a bigger room would have made the trip salvagable, but we will never go back when we can use Costa Linda instead."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of January 2005

Horrible Honeymoon

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Spent a week here for my honeymoon in June 2001. Was a wedding present from my parents (through their timeshare). It was boasted as a 5 star hotel. We arrived to a rude front desk then proceeded to our room where we found mouldy bread in the kitchen, housekeeping was barely done, and the room was in desperate need of remodeling (which we were told was being done in other parts of the hotel). We were told no other rooms were available to move to and that was it. No apologies for the state of the room. Not once did I see a single smile from one employee at this hotel. Aruba was so beautiful but this hotel put a huge damper on my honeymoon that I would never visit there again."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of September 2004