About MVC Eagle Beach

• self serve laundry
  • tennis court

Cheap, basic hotel on Eagle Beach

Reviewed Tue 29th of January 2013

"We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Now, heres the scoop from us!

This hotel is RIGHT across from Eagle Beach. You walk out of the hotel, and across the road and you are RIGHT there. You do have to schlep the beach chairs across the beach with you. If you aren't a guy, you WON'T be able to carry them. Beware, this hotel is right across from the beach, yet there are only about 6 beach chairs that aren't destroyed, so you'll have to get them early!

The breakfast is served outside in the Tulip Restaurant in the hotel. Again, beware, NONE of the food is refridgerated and sits out until 10 am everyday (cheese, yogert, meat, etc). NOTHING is on ice... I would stick with the toast and get to breakfast early.

The room is very clean. No shampoo, hair dryer, etc is given to you. Our bathroom though had a terrible smell of sewage and other scents associated with it.. use your imagination. We had to keep the door closed the entire time, and hold our noses when we went in. The bed was VERY low and VERY uncomfortable... we both had back pain by the end of the trip. I think the bed was made of plastic. The pillows were made of some foam like material. Theres a safe in the room but it is hard to get open. Also, the doors are very difficult to open to the rooms. You have to twist them a certain way, not like a normal door...

The Tulip Restaurant was a good place to get salad and soup. There is also a Tiki bar attached to the Tulip. Some people that work there don't know how to make drinks. There is a free computer that you could use inside the bar too for email. Also, after 3:30pm each day, there is no one in the hotels office... so if you are having a problem with something, there is no one to help you out, which is annoying.

The bus stop is right across from the road each way, so it is in a central location. There are no grocery stores or places to walk to from there, you'd have to take the bus. Also, they are doing major construction on the timeshare units surrounding the hotel to the right and behind.. so you will hear noise in your room and also on the beach.

Overall, for Aruba this place is a good location and cheap compared to all the other hotels on the beach. Many Dutch tourists stay there. BUT if you are a person who likes to be able to open your room door with ease, not smell odd sewage, and sleep in a bed that is actually comfortable, this may NOT be the best place for you... If you are budget minded and want to go to Aruba very badly to sit on the beach, this is a good place. Next time I would stay at the Amsterdam Manor Hotel, and pay more money because I don't think its worth it to save a few hundred dollars and stay in these conditions for a week (especially without beach chairs!). What is odd is that the same owners of Amsterdam Manor OWN this hotel,...and that hotel has great views on this site!!! But, I must say, all the staff there were very nice. Also, thank god beautiful Eagle Beach was RIGHT across the street... because that was a major plus!!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

Great Value - No Frills, but Clean

Reviewed Mon 28th of January 2013

"It's not fancy, but this place is really clean and it's right across the street from the beach. We stayed on the second floor so we could see the beach. The room was really basic - no hair dryer, no iron, no tissues - but it was impecably clean. We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant (The Tulip) and both were excellent.

The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. We were able to check-in early and they had no problem with us leaving our bags at the desk so we could squeeze in a few hours of sightseeing after checking out.

The pool is small, but the hotel is so close to the beach and they have beach chairs you can borrow so we didn't really need the pool.

One word of caution, they are building a large hotel next door so if you want to sleep in this may not be the best place."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

Fun Honeymoon Getaway

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"We booked our honeymoon through the MVC Eagle Beach website and it was easy and cheap! We wanted to save money on the room, but still have a clean place to stay. This hotel was the best location by far. We had a rental car that we used to get around the island and really enjoyed being close to such a beautiful beach. The Tulip was a good place to have breakfast - at least it was free! We would recommend visiting the Natural Pool - it was a long drive, but beautiful to visit! Overall, we would recommend this location for anyone wanting a fun new getaway, but within a decent budget!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

Small in size, big on comfort and cleanliness

Reviewed Wed 2nd of January 2013

"This is a very small hotel with only 14 rooms. It does not have an adult pool but is only 100 feet from the beach. The rooms were spotless and the towels were good quality and clean every day. A buffet breakfast served in The Tulip Restauarnt ,was included in our stay and was more than enough to satisfy most people. Lunch and dinner were also available for a moderate price. We ate dinner three times and were very impressed.The staff were all friendly and always helpful. A small room with shower was provided after check-out which made it nice to spend the day before going to the airport. Eagle Beach is the best and least busy of all the beaches. Palm beach up the road has all the "in crowd", loud music and water sports as well as crammed in like sardines on the beach. There were no more than 10 people on any given day at Eagle Beach.
Each room was airconditioned but also had three windows you could open to get the breeze. A small refrigerator made it easy to have ice, beer , wine and snacks. The bus stops at the front door and is only $1.25 one way or $ 2.00 return.
I almost hate giving a good review because it may make it harder for us to get a room for a repeat visit. I would go back in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of December 2007

Great hotel - construction next door

Reviewed Tue 1st of January 2013

"Great hotel... very clean and a bargain. Just a word of caution, there is a big resort being constructed next door so you will hear construction when you wake up in the morning and all through the day in the beach....

If that's okay with you its worth staying here."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

has its ups and downs

Reviewed Sun 30th of December 2012

"We stayed here a week at the end of August and was put on the upper floor with a view of the roof of the restaurant. I booked this through Travelocity with air and got a great price. I just went onto the MVC Eagle beach website and tried to post a comment and I was very honest. When I sent my email, I received a message that said it would be reviewed by their staff to determine if it would be posted on their website. That makes me laugh. I did have both positive and negative comments but now I'm sure it won't be posted so keep that in mind if you visit their site and read the comments by guests. THEY ARE SCREENED!
A daily breakfast buffet is free and is very basic. We forced ourselves to eat it but it consisted of: yogurt, cheap sliced meat, sliced cheese, bread, cereal, cut up fruit, hard boiled eggs. It would've been better if they changed it up a little. The rooms were really clean and that was a big relief but no rugs. You are able to use their beach chairs but this was the most stressful part of our trip. You had to get the key from the office (if you could find anyone there because mostly no one was around), then go to a shed and unlock the beach chairs you want. They were each padlocked to the wall and the shed was small so you were fighting with each chair because it got stuck on the other ones. They weighed like 50 pounds and you had to drag them across the street.
I agree with one posting that the Tulip Restaurant (connected to the motel) is nothing spectacular. I found all the staff not particularly friendly except for Viola who was a sweetheart..
The best restaurant we found was Linda's if you can find it. Great breakfasts and great pizzas made with gouda cheese.
Are absolute best days were spent on Baby Beach which is on the southern tip of the island. It's definitely the best on the island and snorkeling was incredible. A rental car is a must. Don't rely on busses. What a pain in the butt to have to find a bus stop and wait. To get up and go was fantastic and we drove all around the island.
After visiting the island of Curacao last year, I find there's no comparison at all. I will not return to Aruba...Curacao is much more private and the beaches are far better. Aruba is too "touristy" and there's a ton of construction going on building more and more hotels. If you like crowds and people, Aruba is the place for you.
I don't stay at 5 star hotels so it's not like I'm spoiled. If you are really budgeting this is the place. Next time, I will save a little more and find a better place."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

A hidden gem!!!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed here in January 2007 and wow, what a great place for the money!!! The motel staff, including cleaning crew and maintenance, were very friendly. Most importantly, however, I have been in hundreds of hotels (including top-rate i.e. Hilton, etc.) and the rooms at MVC are one of the cleanest, if not THE cleanest I have ever been in! I was shocked!! And the price is absolutely divine!!

The breakfast buffet is nothing special, which is what I expected. If you want to save money, take some bread and lunch meats and stick it in your in-room fridge for lunch later.

The motel and surrounding area are very quiet. There are a few families staying, but you can't hear much outside of your room.

You are across the street from world-famous Eagle Beach, which is very quiet and relaxing. However, if you want some more excitement, the bus stops right in front of the motel - you can take it downtown for soem shopping or uptown to the high-rise zone hotels, beaches, and nightlife.

I did not care for the staff nor the food at the Tulip Restaurant, which is located on the premises of MVC but I believe a separate entity. The food was ok, and the price was right, but nothign spectacular. However, I thought the restauarnt staff was a bit rude. I was travelling by myself, and often seemed to ignore me. One night I went, and I did not have a reservation, and they said they didn't have a table for me, even though there were many empty tables around. Perhaps those were for people coming a bit later, but I'm sure if they tried, they could have found a tiny spot for 1 person. They seemed much friendlier to the Dutch patrons (I am American). They would have long converstaions, laughing and chatting it up, table-side, but not with I. Most of them spoke a good amount of English as well, so I don't think it was a language barrier.

If you want some really great food, walk next door to Chalet Suiss. It is a bit more expensive (but nothing compared to NYC prices!), but definitely worth it. And, you, like I, will be trated like royalty. I was very impressed by my experience there."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

Had a great stay at the MVC Eagle Beach

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Just got back from a weeks stay at the MVC and had a great time, the reviews on this sight were correct as the hotel is small, quiet, very clean,and the Tulip restaurant was a good place for Lunch or Dinner.
This was our first time in Aruba and Eagle beach which is right across the road and is one of the BEST beachs we have been to, other beachs include Cancun, Mayan Riviera,and Hawaii.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would also stay here again.

I would recommend renting a car as it is easy to get around and a car comes in handy to visit other beachs and restaurants."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

MVC was the best!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Dear MVC,
Our stay was AWESOME!!! The resort/hotel was always very clean...right on the beach...and priced so well per night....and also so safe (with 24 hour gated & manned-security). We both truly enjoyed the Tulip Restaurant/Bar, from which the seafood dishes were superb and the Heineken on tap was cheap, cold, and lots of it!! Every staff member that we met was incredibly nice and spoke all three languages: Spanish, Dutch, and English; so we never had a problem. Thank you so much...we will be back to stay again and again! Once again...Thanks Aruba--a truly wonderful place.
Sincerely,
Marcos and Becky"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of February 2007

Well Kept Secret!

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We spent the week of January 8-15, 2007, at the MVC and found it to be MORE than adequate. We had one of the family units (two bedrooms and a bathroom), as we were traveling with three 19-year old boys. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was quite large. We found the rooms to be immaculate, service was exceptional, and the food at the Tulip Restaurant delicious.

While the rooms were very basic, we couldn't have asked for more -- a mini fridge, TV, A/C ... and just a few steps from expansive and uncrowded Eagle Beach.

The included continental breakfast was plenty, and consisted of boiled eggs, assorted meat and cheese, fresh fruit salad, a variety of cold cereal, yogurt, breads and rolls, jelly and peanut butter, juice, coffee and milk.

MVC is a well-kept secret -- even locals haven't heard of it! The price of this hotel couldn't be beat -- and we most definitely will consider them again for our next trip to Aruba."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of February 2007

Loved it!!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed at MVC Eagle Beach Oct 15 - 21, 2006. We loved it! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They arranged for us to rent a car and called for our taxi back to the airport. The only thing that was not great was the checkout time. It was 10 and our flight left at 4. Again they were very nice; they had a room next to the office that they let us lock our luggage up in until it was time to leave. We could at least walk around then and have lunch without dragging our luggage around.
The rooms were very nice and clean. They were cleaned every day, and we were given lots of clean towels and rags. Of course we were not in the room very often because the beach was so great! They even had the chairs that we took across to the beach.
The tulip restaurant was great as well. We didn't eat breakfast there, but just because we got up so early to drive around the island. We did have dinner there though. It was definitely the best, most reasonably priced meal we had. It was just as good as some places where we paid twice as much.
Definitely rent a car if you can while you are in Aruba. You are completely missing out if you don't go to the other side of the island. We paid about $150 for a four wheel drive for 3 days. They picked us up at MVC and took us back there and were also very friendly. Fernando at the MVC desk arranged all of that for us with one phone call.
We cannot understand why anyone would complain about MVC. There was NOTHING bad about it, and we would definitely return! If anyone has something bad to say, it is more than likely just because they like to complain!!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of November 2006

Great budget hotel! Loved the stay there!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We stayed at MVC Eagle Beach from Aug 30th, 2006 till Sept 3rd 2006, for 4 nights. This hotel is the best budget hotel that I've ever stayed. Its just fabulous there! Its located right across from the Eagle Beach, the most beautiful beach in Aruba. All you gotta do is cross the low traffic road to get to the beach. If your room is on the second floor you get and amazing view of the beach and the caribbean sea. The room was the right size, with an air conditioner, a TV, a small fridge and a has a safe as well. The AC needs a key to operate which will be given along with your room key on the same key ring. There is no proper sign for the hotel. So, at the airport mention to the taxi drivers you want to go to the TULIP RESTAURANT. Everyone knows about the Tulip. The hotel is located in the same compound as the the Tulip. We had dinner at the Tulip and I must say that they have some great food! There is a small bar as well attached to the restaurant and they serve some good cocktails. Try the Aruban beer, "BALASHI". You get free buffet style continental breakfast everyday till 10AM. Although you get tired eating the same things day after day, if you decide to eat there. We didn't mind! Breakfast, includes hard boiled eggs, cereals, different varieties of sandwich meats and two different kinds of cheese, coffee and orange juice. We had good breakfast and skipped lunch and ate dinner, since we were on a budget. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful as well. They arranged a tour of the island for us on the bus. Public transportation is right outside of the hotel as well which we took to go to the city. We had a great time there at MVC Eagle Beach and would definitely return. Our flight arrived in Aruba at 8PM and the front desk was closed but they had all the paper work and everything ready in the bar area for us. Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The only problem is the check out time, which is 10AM. Our flight was not till 2PM. But we decided to go to the airport and wait there. The staff would also call a cab for your transporation to the airport. The fare to the airport is $17-$20 depending on the time and day. They also have free internet for the guests in the bar area which came in handy for us. Overall a nice place for someone on a budget."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006