Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino

Escape to the luxurious Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino, located on Palm Beach.

A Great Vacation

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"I spent one week at the Hyatt at the end of March and it was fantastic. The purpose of the trip was so that I could pop the question so I wanted the trip to be top-notch. Our room was great - clean and new - with a little porch that overlooked the ocean and the pool. The pool area is beautiful with a multi-level pool and parrots. Real Parrots! One thing i really liked was that the hotel is built on multi levels and is more like a spanish villa than an office building on 6th Avenue. The restarants tucked away by the pools were nice, but not fantastic - I'm glad I didn't do an inclusive because the best food was found off the reservation - but the breakfast buffet was a great and inexpensive way to start a day of snorkeling and exploring. All the staff were great and friendly. The breezy open lobby in the evenings was my favorite with a cuban cigar and a cocktail to cool down with. By far the nicest hotel in the area. I highly recommend it. Although you could do the island cheaper I'm sure - it was nice to know that when we came home from a day of activities - climing around and swimming and off-roading in a dusty jeep - we had a first class room and all the amenities. First Class!"

• Travel date: 29th July 2004

Outstang in every way!!!!!!!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"From July 2 through July 10 we returned to Aruba to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. Much had changed from our Honeymoon days but Aruba was still beautiful and the island people very cheerful and happy. I read many of the reviews and had second thoughts about the Hyatt. All was removed when we arrived and checked in. The clerk warmly greeted us and congratulated us on our 35 years of marriage. We were upgraded to one of the seven mini-suites. Our suite had chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of chilled bubbly to welcome us. From day one they always greeted us by name and could not do enough for us. The entire staff was outstanding throughout our stay. We went to the beach daily and never had any problem getting a good location. We were very impressed with all the Hyatt offered and have nothing but great memories of our stay. I look forward to returning to Aruba and staying at the Hyatt."

• Travel date: 26th July 2004

Doesn't live up to the other Hyatt Resorts

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here during low season and it was very crowded. The hotel just isn't as nice as the other Hyatt resorts we stayed at on Maui, Kauai, and Grand Cayman. I think we were expecting that same type of resort and just didn't find it here. They only had one pool open while we were there and a lot of people were smoking at it so it was gross to even be near. We probably wouldn't visit Aruba again either. There wasn't much to do and the island is very poor and run down. I guess it depends on how extensive you have traveled in the past if you were to enjoy this resort or not. We have been to 12 Caribbean islands and Aruba is towards the bottom of our list."

• Travel date: 17th July 2004

One word: PERFECT!!!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"My husband and good friends just returned from an 8 night stay the Hyatt. We had 6 children with us ages: two 19-year olds, a 13- year old and three 11-year olds. Because some of the negative reviews here almost caused us to reschedule, not only do I feel compelled to write but also, those reviews were the topic of discussion over many a fabulous Aruba Ariva at Piets Pier Bar!! Some perspective on other places we've been to so you'll understand the level of hotel we are accustomed to. Through my husband's jobs we've stayed in the Presidential/Executive suites at many fabulous resorts as well as many boutique hotels in various cities. In addition, my husband travels extensively and has plenty of basis for comparison. This resort was as wonderful, in every way, as any we've ever stayed at. The staff, as well as every single Arubian we met, was pleasant, helpful and genuinely friendly (not that "forced to be friendly b/c I need this job" type of deal). ROOMS. We used Hyatt points to upgrade to the club level which served a great breakfast every morning and saved us a bundle not feeding 10 of us in the restaurant. Though if you aren't big breakfast eaters, there is a TCBY with fresh muffins, coffee, etc and a juice bar as well. We had adjoining rooms right next to the consierge suite which, after 2 nights, proved to be way too noisy. I pleasantly addressed this with the consierge and was promptly and without attitude moved to 2 rooms much further down the hall--all I had to do was pack the suitcases--when I got back from the beach our stuff was all in the new rooms. ADVICE: The higher the roomnumbers the closer to the ocean you are (in main tower) and, on club level, avoid any rooms lower than 920 due to the noise in the consierge suite. The rooms were big enough, but not enormous, clean, good maid service, turn-down service and great views. ADVICE: the view from the ocean/pool side is no better than the ocean/garden side if you are above the 5th floor and if you have young children, the ocean/garden side is much quieter as there is a wonderful band that plays each night near the pool until 11 and you can definitely hear it from all ocean/pool side rooms. POOL/BEACH. The pool was great and, contrary to another review I read, the people were great. Just regular families enjoying a well-deserved vacation. The water slide was water-park calibar and there was a pool-volleyball game every day that all the kids and husbands enjoyed. Swim up bar also served food. Bingo a few days at the pool, temporary tattoos for the kids (up to $20). Again, contrary to what we read, not small at all, plenty of shade on the beach--maybe it isn't quite as crowded as Dec-Apr but they claim the hotel was sold out?? There were huts and tents which you could rent for the week and the beach attendents worked "a deal" and set up the tent for us every day with loungechairs, towels and rafts. Also, there was a HUGE thatched hut that you could move chairs in and out of for shade and it was never crowded. Waiter service at the pool and beach was great. PRICE. No more expensive than any resort we've been too and in total, far less expensive and far more plush than a recent trip to a Beaches resort. We are big believers in "you get what you pay for" and are willing to pay for a nice vacation. Also, lots of room deals at Hyatts with their 2nd room half off or stay 3 get one free plans. NIGHTLIFE. Quiet, but we like it that way. We all enjoyed the nightly kareoke. The adults enjoyed the comfortable Al Fresco bar with live music. The casino was jumping and the 19 year olds enjoyed their first experience with gambling!! They went into town one night, had fun and kept meaning to go back but were enjoying "family karaoke" and the casino and never got there but said downtown was a blast for their agegroup. ONLY COMPLAINT. The 11 - 13 year olds said there was nothing to do at night--but then I don't know what they would have liked. THere was an arcade, they night-swam a couple of nights and, of course, on the last night discovered "manhunt" on the beach and wanted to stay out there forever!! There weren't a lot of kids in that age group--I assume that varies week to week. Also, there was plenty to do if you went off property but by the time we all got back from dinner, the adults just wanted to relax! All in all, we all agreed this was the best vacation we ever had. We checked out the Radisson, Marriott, Allegro, Renaissance and they paled in comparison to the Hyatt, though the Marriott certainly was nice just not quite as upscale. We are already picking a week for next summer and are extending to 9 or 10 nights! PS. There are dozens of great, great restaurants but the one we chose for "adult night out" was not real well-known, it was a half hour drive ($26 each way) but so AMAZING that I had to include here. The name is The Flying Fishbone (they have a website). If you go, don't get nervous whe the cab drops you off--from the street it looks like a dump. However, you walk in and all the tables sit in the sand in a tiny cove with a fabulous sunset view. Extremely romantic and the food was out of this world! Not to be missed but not for kids either!!"

• Travel date: 11th July 2004

Wonderful vacation!!

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"I booked the Hyatt on the recommendation from a friend who had visited once before. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and I was really discouraged. However, when we arrived in Aruba I was so glad that we had booked the Hyatt. The hotel was one class act and I never felt I paid too much for my hotel. You know the old saying...."You get what you pay for." The staff were great and the room was more than adequate and very clean. I'm one of those that takes Lysol wipes on vacation. You know... to clean up AFTER the maids. Trust me. I'm very picky and expect to get every penny out of any investment I make in a vacation. The Hyatt was worth every penny!!"

• Travel date: 29th June 2004

I thought it was a beautiful hotel

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Aruba in June 2004. Anyway, I thought the lobby was beautiful. Very beazy with a Caribbean feel. We were able to get a room facing the pool area with a slight view of the ocean. It's true there's hardly a baloney of speak of. Too bad. But I felt the room was fine and beds very comfortable. We thought the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The food was fine. A short walk to the beach which it's true isn't an enormous one but suited our needs fine. You can easily catch a bus into town for I think $1 or so or pay $10 taxi ride into town. I should mention all food everywhere seemed so overpriced. But since my husband is originally from Peru and of course speaks Spanish it opened up more doors in terms of meeting people and getting restaurant recommendations. The best restaurant we ate at was a Peruvian restaurant which was about a good 15 minute or so walk out of downtown. It's nothing fancy but the food was excellent. I have a weak stomach and did not get sick. They have good ceviche and don't forget to get freshly made Chicha Morada, a non-alcoholic purple corn drink. Very refreshing. I can't recall the exact name, except that I'm pretty sure it started with CHanla or something like that. Maybe ask around. The food was fresh and the prices great! The air in Aruba is great too, always a nice trade wind. I think I would return to Aruba. I didn't get a chance to check out the Marriott."

• Travel date: 19th June 2004

Hyatt was disappointing

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We went to celebrate our 1st anniversary and only spent 1 night then checked out. The hotel lobby, restuarants, and pool area couldn't be better. However the rooms were more than $300.00 per night and was not at all up to par. The pillowcases were dirty, the shower had mildew, and the room had a serious odor. The decor was very 80's and desperately in need of remodeling (we were informed by the front desk that remodeling will begin in fall 2004). The staff was willing to upgrade us to a suite when we complained, but the suite still paled in comparision to the incredible suite we moved to at the Marriott. We were disappointed by the Hyatt in Aruba, but maybe we'll return once they've remodeled."

• Travel date: 16th June 2004

Overated overpriced over the hill

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"This was our first trip to Aruba and we were very dissapointed. Service was mediocre at best. Rooms are small, no ocean view (why go to Aruba if you can't even see the ocean), building poorly maintained and not enough beach chairs. Hotel room and food prices have no relationship to reality. For the same price you could go to a Four Seasons Resort."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2004

I prefer the Marriott Ocean Club over Hyatt and heres why

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Well we have been to aruba three times, stayed at the hyatt the first time and then the marriott ocean club the last two times and will never stay anywhere else. What I DON'T like about the hyatt is THE ROOMS NO BALCONIES REDICOUSLY SMALL BEACH THE SCENE AT THE POOL The rooms need a renovation, there are no balconies to speak of, the beach is a joke, its so small and crowded and the scene of gold and logo dripping people at the pool was like a cartoon that you couldn't get away from. The marriott on the other hand has huge two bedroom rooms, enormous balconies overlooking the ocean and a perfectly large beach situated towards the end so you don't get all the walkers trapsing over you and alot of activities for the kids. Personally I would only consider the hyatt if they renovate the rooms and add real balconies."

• Travel date: 29th May 2004

The Hyatt is great!! But it could be better.

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Went here on our honeymoon. Would have given it a 4-5 star if this rating was only on the grounds. It was BEAUTIFUL and the staff was MORE than helpful. Ask for ANYTHING and they will find it for you. However, the reason I set this so low is for a couple of reasons. First, I feel that the rooms are very disappointing. They look like a standard, run of the mill, of the exit of the Interstate hotel room. They are very small with nothing interesting. The food is WAY overpriced. The sit-down restaurants are good and worth the money but if you want to eat or drink anywhere else a little less "formal" then you are going to pay pay pay. I think we had 6 chicken wings for $12.00!!!! Drinks were rather watered down and very expensive.The beach is crowded and getting up at 6:45am is just stupid on a vacation. We never had a problem finding a spot but you were always "friendly" with the people next to you. Unlike other places that I visited in the Carribean the people soliciting watersports were not very pushy but always available.The pool is nice with lots of seating but crowded as well.At any rate, this is a WONDERFUL resort and the staff is SO NICE. But it could be so much better."

• Travel date: 19th May 2004

Hotels near Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino is also called

• Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Hotel
  • hyatt regency aruba resort
  • hyatt aruba