Good

Quiet, beautiful view of ocean - no casino

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Just returned from Aruba. The hotel room where we stayed was spacious, but could use major updating in the bathroom. The mattresses they have were one of the most relaxing ever in any hotel. Everything was in walking distance to other hotels via a sidewalk where we walked every day. If you are looking for night life, FORGET IT, because everything closes down at dark. There is no casino and nothing going on at the hotel after dark. The shop, only one, and the French Market closed for a long lunch.. Overall, I love to visit Aruba and plan to go back. I would suggest an all-inclusive hotel since food prices are higher than in the USA."

• Travel date: 17th May 2005

Wonderful and Relaxing

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My family has timeshares at the Divi and we LOVE it! The beach is quiet. The only people who seem to be on this part of the beach are Divi members. If you walk further down the beach (to the other hotels) you will see people 5, 6, 7, rows deep lined up on the beach (horrible!) The restaurant is wonderful, albeit slow, the food is fantastic. The rooms are ok. Nothing fancy. They are clean. They have a kitchen, and a bathroom (then a living room and bedrooms depending on your unit). We never had any problems with our rooms over the last 5 - 6 years. We don't really cook in the rooms, but always see lots of people who do. The Divi also offers BBQ's that you can use if you want to cook. This is a great hotel to relax, sit on the beach, read, have a drink, swing in a hammock, and just all around chill out."

• Travel date: 10th May 2005

A Great Resort to relax at!!!!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"My husband and I own a timeshare unit; week 13. I've been 4 times, all at the Phoenix. The resort is great for people who are looking for a quiet relaxing vacation. The beach is beautiful, as is the pool area,etc. The bars aren't too busy at night. If you are looking for nightlife, you'll have to go elsewhere. The restaurant has great food, however, the service is slow. The waitstaff are very friendly, but again they are slooooow. Plan to take at least 2 1/2 hours,appetizer to dessert. The rooms are nice; they have a kitchen, which comes in handy if you don't feel like dining out. If you're looking for amenities like a spa, 24 hour dining,etc., go somewhere else. But the Phoenix is great for people who want to have a relaxing vacation."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2005

nice quiet vacation

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We just returned from a week at the Divi Phoenix and we were more then satisfied with the resort and as always Aruba itself was great. The resort itself sits at the beginning of the high rise zone and is pretty much out of the swing of things as far as beach happenings are concerned. Now this is nice if you like peace and quiet, we do, but if you are looking for a lot happening and interesting people watching this is not the place for you. The beach itself is protecected by two jettys which saves the beach from erosion but the downside is that the water is extremly calm and somewhate cloudy in comparson to the other beaches on the island. Also there is a good amount of seaweed about 20 to 30 yards out from the shoreline. The beach itself has plenty of huts and chairs and the resort does a very good job of keeping igt clean. The divi is in the process remodeling and are now painting the outside of the main tower, we were on the seventh floor in a one bedroom unit that must have been recently completed because the furniture was all new and the walls were freshly painted all in all it was a very attractive unit with great views. The only downside was that the kithcen and bathroom were somewhat small espcially the kitchen but we never planned on cooking there anywhy so it was not a problem. While we were in Aruba there was a big fire downtown on main St. that destroyed the Mi Linda dept store along with several other businesses but when we left on Saturday we stopped to eat downtown and everything else appeared to be functioning normally. When we eat out in Aruba we usually don't go expensive sticking to places like Iguana Joes,Tony Romas and the like and for the most part things were pretty good other then the night we went to a place called the Hang Out located on the La Cabana casino parking area. All I can say about this place for the night we was there the only things worse then the food was the service it was only a $35 meal for the two of us so we didn't lose too much but we would never go there again. All in all it was a good vacation the Phoenix provided pleasant accomadations check in and check out was quick and everything was as promised. All the employees we dealt with at the resort were very friendly and went out of their way to help you. So if we can get another good deal to go back to the Divi we definetly would."

• Travel date: 5th October 2004

A nice week in Aruba

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Divi Phoenix from September 14th through the 21st, 2004. We used Sky Auction to win this week stay in Aruba. We enjoyed our stay and we really liked having the kitchenette so we could eat breakfast and lunch in the room (we went to the IGA and bought groceries when we arrived). The resort seems to be going through some remodeling, so some of the areas were roped off with yellow caution tape. We both agree that this resort could be very nice, but there were several areas that were closed off so we couldn't see everything. The beach was nice...not very crowded. It didn't seem like they combed the beach very much because there were a lot of cigarette butts and trash in the sand. The Caribbean Sea was nice, but the water was not as clear as other Caribbean islands we have been to. We rented a car for the week which was really nice because it gave us freedom to explore the island. If you go, be sure to go to "Baby Beach". This beach was beautiful and the water was really clear and shallow. We also enjoyed seeing the "Natural Bridge" and the "California Lighthouse". There are a lot of restaurants on the island and we had some really good food. We highly recommend the "French Steakhouse at Manchebo Beach Resort". The Ambassador for Two is a great deal!! We also liked "Iguana Joes", "Amazonia de Brazil", "Carlos & Charlies", and the "Sunset Bistro" at the Divi Phoenix. We also went to the Butterfly Farm which was neat, but kind of pricey ($12 US per person). Be sure to go to the Aruba Aloe Factory---it was a really neat tour and they have some nice skin care products to purchase. There were a lot of casinos downtown and one was within three miles of the Divi. The casinos were big and it felt like a smaller version of Las Vegas. One of the strange things about Aruba is the constant strong wind. We would be sitting at the beach and getting sand blasted! But, I think it helped keep you cool because it was very hot. All in all, it was a great week and we would recommed the Divi Phoenix to anyone going to Aruba. Happy travels!!"

• Travel date: 11th September 2004

Our Home Away from Home

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We own a timeshare at this fabulous resort.It is all that Aruba stands for,laid back,beautiful uncrowded beach with an extremely friendly and helpful staff.Some have even become our friends over the last 7 years we have been going there.The timeshare owners are much less pompous then at the other end of the island.EDveryone says hello and it is wonderful.If you want the ultimate romantic vacation you have found the place,but please keep your attitude at home."

• Travel date: 5th September 2004

Great place for quiet get-away

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We stayed in the tower at the Phoenix August 7-14, 2004. Wasn't sure what to expect after reading about so many places with similar names. The Phoenix is a great place, with nice rooms, adequately equiped, clean, and provide a great view of the beach and sunset from the balcony. Staff was friendly and restaurant and snack bar food was good. Pool is small but seemed to provide something to keep kids occupied every day. Never had a problem finding shade due to so many palm trees and huts. Beach area is nice but has grass on the bottom when you walk out a ways. No waves, so it was more like a lake. Snorkeling out a hundred yards or so finds an interesting selection of rocks, small coral and fish. The Phoenix is at the south end of the high rise district and has no casino so attracted very little outside traffic to their beach. We liked the uncrowed atmosphere and would definately go there again but if you want a party atmosphere, bring your own or stay somewhere else. There is lots to do within a short walk to other hotels with fancy casinos, shops, and great restaurants. Prepaid phone cards in the gift shop cost about the same rate as paying for internet connect time, so get a card and call home. Don't miss the all-day Jeep Safarri with ABC tours. Wish I had brough home some Amstel Bright :)"

• Travel date: 31st August 2004

Loved It!!!!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"This place is the greatest! It was our 3rd time staying at the Phoenix. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Jorge the bartender is the best! The activities around the pool were great! The restaurant, Sunset Bistro has the best food. You can dine right on the beach while the sun sets and price is great compared to the Azull at the Wyndham which has the same dining at night for $50 per person. We've stayed in the towers here and the beach villas. Both are very nice and clean. I prefer the beach villas due to the closeness to the pool and beach. Rooms have kitchens which make it nice to go into town and pick up some of your own groceries. This property is the first in the high rise area so it is off to itself from the rest of the strip which makes it nice, like your own tropical paradise. We also stayed one night at the Wyndham during this week of May 29-June 5, 2004. It was ok. The rooms were nice and clean but I found the staff at this hotel not very friendly. They rarely said good morning as you walked by. Even the guests staying were not very friendly. Its a typical hotel/corporate type feeling there. Pool was pretty but by midafternoon it looked not as clean. The casino there is great, small but busy at night. Food at the Wyndham was pricey. Check out lunch at the Aruba Grand which is next door at the bar. Great Ribbs and prices were much better than the Wyndham. My all time favorite is the Phoenix! Its so laid back. My daughter who is 7 years old, loved it. They do have activities for the kids like a scavenger hunt, balloon toss, art contest, campfire/smores on the beach at night, etc. She had fun. Its great for families because you really don't have to worry about the kids in the pool because everything is right there. You can sit at the outside bar and the pool is right there to keep an eye on them. We also did jetskiing. You need to see Melia, tan brazilian lady with a kicking body near the Wyndham on the beach. She's a doll. I am a travel agent and have stayed at many different type properties and this one is my all time favorite for rest and relaxation with some fun added in."

• Travel date: 7th June 2004

It was cool

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"I visited the Phoenix hotel and if it's your first time in Aruba I'd recommend to stay somewhere else. It wasn't bad the staff was friendly, it's very quiet so if you're looking for a party place this ain't it. The drinks at the hotel weren't great, and I didn't eat there. I spent most of my time walking to the bars all along the beach, and by the way the hotel is aaaaaalllllll the way at the end or beginning of the beach. The room was clean, larger than average and it had a kitchen which was great for the left over food. It really isn't a bad place if you are not looking for luxury, or not going to party with your friends. If you go make sure to take your own beach towel I ran into a dirty one for my beach chair. You have to go to Iguana Joe's and El Gaucho which are two really great restaurants. The beach is beautiful, and if you have a ground level room, you can walk right to the pool or the beach, but you'll probably have to walk a short distance to get the good beach. If you're only staying for a few days this is cool, but once you walk down the beach you will wish you would have saved more money to stay at the Marriott or some other fancy place."

• Travel date: 26th May 2004

Staff Totally Indifferent!!!

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"The Phoenix isn't fancy but we chose it because it had kitchens and the beach would be less crowded. The Phoenix has a really great, uncrowded beach at the southern end of Palm Beach. Our problem was the treatment by some staff including the manager on duty. My husband picked up a stomach bug and was very ill with fever, chills and vomiting. That night a band started playing in the resturant for a private party at 9pm. We were on the 12th floor of the tower with the windows shut and the heavy drapes closed yet the sound carried up into our room and disturbed my husband's sleep. I called down to the desk and was told the volume could not be controlled because it was a live band not recorded music. I called back a few minutes later because it was obvious we were not going to be able to sleep and even turning the TV on wouldn't mask the noise. This time they said best they could do was promise it would stop at midnight. Since my husband is a full-time musician we knew the volume could be controlled and the stadium-sized volume was overkill for such a small space. I had to get dressed and go down to the party myself, explain the situation and the band DID lower the volume for about 30 minutes but then it was boom, boom, boom, for another two hours. It was the worst treatment I have ever received by hotel staff anywhere! The next morning we moved to the Bucuti Beach Golden Tulip Resort and it was heavenly...... probably the most attentive staff I've experienced in a long time."

• Travel date: 12th May 2004

Hotels near Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort is also called

• divi phoenix beach hotel
  • divi aruba phoenix beach resort
  • hotel divi phoenix beach