Right Name - Costa Linda means Beautiful Coast

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Aruba is one of the best islands we've ever been to, and the Costa Linda is situated on Eagle Beach, the best spot for swimming. The rooms are very spacious. The 2 bedroom units have a king bed in the master plus 2 doubles in the guest room. There is a large living/dining area, full kitchen and nice balcony. The beach is gorgeous and there are plenty of lounge chairs and palapas to shade you from the nearly constant sun. The tropical breezes are continuous so you might not realize you're getting too much sun. The resort is lovely, the staff is friendly and everything you need is right there although you should spend some time in downtown Oranjestad where there are loads of good restaurants and great shops. No timeshare vendors either! There is a bus stop right in front of the Costa Linda that costs $1 or $2 round trip to go downtown or to the other resorts.

The Costa Linda has barbeques you can use and you can walk to at least 3 fine dining restaurants including Le Dome which is pricey but fabulous!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Enjoyed the Costa Linda

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We rented a lockout at Costa Linda. The lockout was great, we had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms even a kitchenette and a balcony on the 4th floor with a fantastic view. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Costa Linda offers room service which was a nice option for breakfast. We had breakfast at the hotel almost every morning, they had a pretty good selection at reasonable prices. We had lunch a couple of times at the Turtle's Nest, we enjoyed it. The pool is just ok in my opinion, the waterfalls weren't working, I guess that would have made the pool experience a little more refreshing, but the beach is AWESOME, and over by this hotel it is all about beach. Our overall experience at Costa Linda was a good one, and would stay here again if the opportunity arises."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Loved Costa Linda

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Our stay at the Costa Linda was relaxing and lovely. This hotel is situated on the best beach in Aruba, Eagle Beach. If you're a beach lover, this is the place to relax, read a book, and take in the sun. The beach playground is great for the kids, and we all enjoyed seeing the many blue iguana'a skulking around the property.
We initially planned to stay in the Palm Beach area (where most of the island hotels are), but changed our plans to the Costa Linda after a friends recommendation. Thankfully we listened!
Upon going to a restaurant in the Palm Beach area, we found the beach areas there to be small and congested in comparison.
So if you have a car (which is recommended for the island), the Costa Linda is only a 5 min. drive to this area."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

Loved the Costa Linda

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We recently stayed at the Costa Linda. The rooms are a bit dated, but are very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful!!
The resort itself is beautiful, the pool and beach are by far the best my family has ever experienced. As for the restaurants at the Costa Linda, I thought they were fine considering the convenience. We usually ate breakfast at the Costa Linda. There are many wonderful restaurants on the island for dinner. We enjoyed Iguana Joe's $, Le Dome $$$$, The Sunset Grille $$$, Sunset Beach Bistro $$. I wouldn't recommend Charlos N' Charlies, very poor service and the food was horrible.

We visited the Butterfly Farm and we took the Banana Bus Island Tour, ask for Albert. This tour was very interesting and very entertaining.
Water sports are right on the beach at the Costa Linda.

Can't wait to visit next year!!"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of July 2006

A Good Value on an Expensive Island

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Did a timeshare trade here for first week in May. (Trade was easy thanks aftermath of Natalie Holloway fiasco.) I'm a West Coaster so I typically go to Hawaii but have been exploring the Carribbean in the past few years. Stay in homes/condos/timeshares and 4-star hotels typically. This was a Guys trip centered around Scuba Diving but my children would have loved the place too.

As far as I could tell, the Costa Linda has argueably the best location on the island. It is close to town but occupies probably the best stretch of beach. The property is not super fancy but the rooms, pool area, grounds, and beach are all well maintained. The grounds are especially attractive and it is fun to see all the different lizards wondering around.

If you are a sun/beach worshipper THIS PLACE IS FOR YOU. I don't recall any cocktail service on the beach though. Being from the Northwest, the climate was too hot for me at that time of year (end of April beginning of May). About 88-90F and 90% humidity. I took shelter in the Air Conditioned condo much of the time when I wasn't in the water diving. Scuba diving is great for wreck dives, average in general - visibility was only about 40 feet when I was there and I here this is typical.

If you are a water sports person, THIS ALSO IS THE PLACE FOR YOU. Water is warm and beautiful with a variety of activities. Not sure about the snorkeling, something that isn't noted about this island.

If you are into fine dining and have deep pockets, THIS ALSO IS THE PLACE FOR YOU. There seemed to be actually a larger selection of excellent gourmet establishments (very pricey) than mid-priced establishments as far as I could tell. The three of us easily spent $250-$350 a night on dinner. (We skipped breakfast and ate fast food for lunch to be able to afford the nice dinners.) There's a place in town called Mambo Jambo's that was probably one of the few mid-priced restaurants on the Island with very good food. I'm sure there are a few others we never made it to.

The casinos are of course nothing compared to Vegas, but unlike nearby Bonaire, at least there is a night life.

The only negative of Costa Linda is that the main restaurant was very mediocre and overpriced for the caliber of food. Eat elsewhere.

In general the people on the Island are mildly friendly with Americans. It is interesting they all speak 4 languages. Dutch (colony), English (for US tourists), Spanish (for Central/South America tourists), and the local language.

Aside from the beaches, the island is very ugly and they only have one 18-hole golf course, but the new 9-hole is very nice. Not the best place for the golf fanatic but at least they have two options.

I'm guessing Aruba is probably one of the top 5 or even top 3 destination options for East Coast and Mid-West residents. It ain't no Hawaii though.

I've been to Bahamas (Nassau), St. Thomas, St. John, and Grand Cayman. My favorite so far is St. John but it is pretty rustic compared to Aruba. Aruba is sort of the Vegas of the Caribbean as they say. There's a smaller main town on the other side of the Island. It is best described as "Little Tiajuana" An interesting place to explore at night for young single men, but all other's don't bother visiting this dumpy town with the oil refinery smell in the air."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Beautiful Beach But Not a 5-Star Hotel

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Costa Linda May 13-16th 2006. We did a timeshare trade. I considered staying at the Marriot or the Renaissance but I choose Costa Linda based on Trip Advisor's reviews. I honestly wished I had chosen the aforementioned because I preferred the amenties and luxury offered by the others. The Costa Linda is on a beautiful beach, the grounds are lovey and the staff does a great job. However the rooms are dated, the hotel is dead after 8pm and there's very few young folks amongst the guests. There were several families and others were of retirement age. Nevertheless everyone was friendly.
Please keep in mind if trading into this hotel, the front desk will only offer you the specific timeshare room that was available for trade. Thus we were on the 1st floor with no view although other more desirable rooms were available.

The breakfast was good and reasonable. The food at the Turtle Nest is subpar but happy hour makes up for it. We tried El Gaucho..and the El Gaucho steak was excellent.

Aruba overall is a hassle free Island and Costa Linda is a hassle free hotel missing a 5-star rating. Good Luck"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006

It's Great!

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"The Costa Linda is in the "quiet" part of Aruba. It's on Eagle Beach, which is beautiful and clean. We had a 2 BR unit on the 3rd floor. If possible, try to stay on the 5th floor - the view is worth it. The unit was nice and clean. Housekeeping came every day, even though we were there through a weekend & 2 national holidays, when everything was closed.
Each unit has a HUGE balcony with a dining table and chairs. All of the rooms face the pool and ocean, so you can sit outside, eat and enjoy the view.
The unit had a big, fully stocked kitchen. I took a cab to the grocery store (Ling Brothers), which was a 5 minute ride. It was similar to a US grocery store, and the prices were about the same. The little store at the Costa Linda has some groceries (milk, eggs, etc.), but it's very expensive. Bring twice as much sunscreen as you think you need. It's very expensive in Aruba.
Each floor has laundry facilities ($2 to wash, $2 to dry). You can get rolls of quarters at the front desk. Our room had 3 TVs (one in each BR & one in the living room). You can rent a DVD player for $10/day. Oddly, they get TV from Venezuela and NYC! (And, if you have kids, they have the Disney channel).
The staff was very accomodating, but it isn't a 5 star hotel, so it isn't 5 star service.
They have a room with arcade games and several large bookcases where you can borrow or exchange books.
The Costa Linda has a breakfast place, which was pretty good and the prices were very reasonable. It also has the Turtle's Nest restaurant near the pool. OK prices (the kids' meals were about $5!), slow service, OK food. They have happy hour (2 for 1 drinks) from 4 to 6 every day. There is also a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance. Pizza Bob's, on the premises, had really good pizza (to our surprise), and will deliver it to your room or you can pick it up.
The pool is big, beautiful & warm. Warning to people with little kids: No one under 3 yrs. old is allowed in the pool, even w/ a swimmy diaper. We saw a few babies and their parents get asked to leave and use the baby pool (which is next to the big pool) or the beach. They also have a few hot tubs adjacent to the pool, so you can swim to the hot tub & hop in.
If you want a lot of nightlife, the Costa Linda is not for you. If you want a very relaxing, quiet vacation on a beautiful beach, you can't beat it. They have an activities desk, and the people working there were very knowledgeable and made all of the arrangements for us. (Try the glass bottom boat). They also have babysitting. It was $10/hour for 2 kids, and the babysitter was very good. Every day they have a couple of arts & crafts for the kids, water aerobics and pool volleyball. There is a big board in the lobby where they list the day's activities.
The high rise district is about an 8 minute cab ride. Try the brunch at the Windham. Downtown is about 10 minutes in the other direction (by cab). Iguana Joe's was very good (can sit outside on the 2nd floor balcony, eat ribs & drink beer). Tuscano at the Windham was good too, and the prices were reasonable. There is a resort next to the Costa Linda that has a restaurant directly on the beach that looks like a pirate ship. The food was OK, the service was slow, but it was worth it to sit on the beach, watch the sun set and eat dinner. We tried to get in to Madame Janette's for dinner (everyone we asked said they had the best food), but couldn't get a reservation, even for a Thursday night.
The butterfly farm (across the street from the WIndham) was interesting to me and my 5 year old; my husband and 3 year old weren't that impressed.
We didn't rent a car, and were glad we didn't. The cabs are readily available & pretty inexpensive, plus the cabdrivers know where they're going. The airport is pretty close (the cab was about $20), but if you are arriving or leaving during a busy time, it might take an hour to get there. We left the hotel at 5:30 am, and it took 15 minutes to get to the airport, but when we arrived in the afternoon, it took 45 minutes to get to the hotel.
Customs in Aruba is S-L-O-W, so make sure you get to the airport early when you're leaving.
The Costa Linda is a great place for a relaxing family vacation. I would (will) definitely go back."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of May 2006

Best beach I've seen

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We have stayed at the Tamarijn and the Wyndham before and liked them both, each for their own reasons, but we have tried for years to exchange to the Costa Linda through RCI with no success. A couple of weeks ago, we happened upon a guest certificate to Costa Linda and took full advantage without hesitation.

We and our daughters, 7 & 17 years old, stayed in a 2 BR unit very comfortably. The unit was well appointed with more than the basic necessities. While the unit was on the outside wing of the resort and did not have the best of views, it was still quite a nice view for one of the worst in the resort. The unit was clean when we arrived, and was maintained clean throughout our week, Betico Day excepted (national holiday in Aruba). Even on the holiday, the unit received some attention, just a little less than normal.

On site amenities are of good quality. There are plenty of chiquis on the beach (we were always able to get one on the front row of the beach around 7:00 after our morning run) and great towel service. I am not a seasoned world traveler, having been out of the country only 7 times, but this is easily the nicest beach I have ever seen. The sand is soft and exceptionally clean, the breeze about 10 knots, the surf strong and, because the beach is well built up, the visibility from the chiquis is excellent for watching the bathers from the lounge chairs. Were it not for my little one wanting to spend most of her time in the pool, I'd have spent most of the day wrinkling my fingertips in the ocean.

There were also lots of activities for both children and adults around the pool. My oldest daughter and I played lots of water volleyball and table tennis. My youngest was a complete water rat and my wife soaked up the sun. We are not drinkers, but it mattered not. There was something for each of us every day. Bingo, a karaoke night, arts & crafts, water aerobics, limbo, etc.

If I could find the right deal on a timeshare at Costa Linda, I'd be a buyer.

We did not eat on site, but that is one of the things that attracts us most to the Costa Linda . . . the flexibility to eat where and how we want without feeling tied into an all-inclusive program. We shopped at a supermarket and, with a few exceptions, we ate breakfast and lunches in our unit. We ate dinners at Salt & Pepper (I had the best burger of my life there 3 years ago... the Salt & Pepper burger - this time was just a little too well done - still quite good), Iguana Joe's (good Mahi BLT and excellent ribs), Hooter's (good pork loin sandwich and best iced tea) and Bob's Pizza (excellent salads and Chicago thin crust), all of which are exceptional values for families with children. We left the expensive fine dining for our next parents-only visit.

I must mention my best dining experience... breakfast, of all things. The Wyndham Aruba offers breakfast on the terrace and serves up the world's finest french toast. I'd had this 3 times during another vacation to Aruba and waited all week to have this again on our last morning. It's expensive (~$9) but there's nothing else like it.

We took the kids on the Mi Dushi to teach my youngest what snorkeling is all about. She said she was freaked out at the first stop when her big sister & I went in, but was game to try it herself at the next stop and, after some fumbling around, she did great. We also went on a 6 mile trail ride along the north coast of the island with the Ponderosa Ranch - another great time for all.

Souvenier shopping can be done most anywhere - good variety and good buys abound. Discount phone shops are available to call home reasonably (25 cents/minute to the USA from a shop outside the Alhambra Casino).

I could go on, but will stop here . . . enjoy Aruba."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of January 2006

Two heavenly weeks at the Costa Linda

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We flew direct out of Newark on Continental. Nice flight...outside of it being overbooked, someone having to get off the flight, and making our take-off about 1 hour behind. What are you going to do? Amazingly, our return flight left about 15 minutes late, but somehow we arrived in Newark 45 minutes before our scheduled arrival time! It was not a totally full flight, and there must have been a pretty strong tail wind...how do they do that?

This was our first year at Costa Linda. After our last visit to Aruba, we decided we wanted to purchase a timeshare, and after doing lots of research, we decided to go with Costa Linda. We are so happy that we did!

We arrived in Aruba on December 23rd, picked up our cell phone rental from the Aruba Fastphones kiosk as you are exiting the airport(quick, easy, and reasonable), picked up our 4X4 from Econo, and were on our way within minutes.

Check in was quick and pleasant. I love how the staff at the front desk says 'Welcome Back'! We own three weeks at Costa Linda, the first week we own was on the 1st floor, one unit away from the beach. It was so amazing to wake up in the morning, open the drapery in our bedroom, and see hummingbirds hovering around the pretty plants. Access to and from the beach/pool was incredible! The unit was large, clean, and very well kept. The master bedroom had a king size bed, ample closets/drawers, etc. It also had a private bathroom with a shower. Outside of the bathroom, but still within the master bedroom was a vanity with a roman tub.

The living room is outside of the master bedroom, and opens up to the patio. There was a brand new pullout sofa. There is a large dining area with enough seating for 6, plus 2 or three bar stools for the counter. The kitchen is totally supplied with everything you would ever need if you choose to cook. There is a full stove/oven, microwave, toaster, coffemaker, blender, full refrigerator/freezer, dishes, casseroles, flatware, cooking utensils, pots, pans...you get the drift. They even supply you with dishwasher detergent.

The second bathroom has a bath/shower. Each bathroom has a shampoo/body soap dispenser. It was not top-quality stuff, but it was ok. (We used our own hair products).

The second bedroom has 2 twin sized beds, and ample storage space. There are t.v.'s in each of the bedrooms, as well as the living room.

On the second week, we had to switch to our other unit which was on the 3rd floor. It had an amazing ocean/pool view from the balcony. Personally, I enjoyed the first floor unit more, but many people enjoy being higher up.

The pool is amazing...usually by the end of the day (after spending many hours relaxing on the beach, we would head up to the pool for happy hour. If you toss the cherries from your drinks to the iguanas (which are plentiful, but totally unobtrusive and so much fun to watch!), they will be extremely happy!

The beach is incredible. The water was crystal clear, and that lovely turquoise color that you would expect. Certain days it was a little tricky getting in and out of the water due to the shelly ledge, but after a while, we got the hang of it (after a few days, it was much better though).

In terms of palapas, my family and I are not partial to getting them, but people do put their stuff outside to reserve them quite early. You may not get a front-row palapa, but you should be able to get one. Additionally, we were there at the height of travel season, so it was much more crowded than usual. Towards the latter part of our vacation (after January 2), it was clearly less crowded.

The onsite restaurants are just ok...nothing fantastic, but nothing horrible. We only had breakfast one morning at Frangipani, and ate lunch maybe 2 or 3 times at the Turtles Nest. If you have a VisitAruba card, you will get a 10% discount at the Turtles Nest if you pay cash.

We really enjoyed Miriam, the Dutch bartender in the Costa Linda lobby lounge. She was a real blast, and fun to talk to. She makes some serious drinks, and during happy hour it's really worth it!

We went to Ling & Sons (they really have the largest selection of everything imaginable) the day after we arrived to stock up. We went out to dinner every night, but usually had breakfast and lunch on our patio. (I also went to Hong King which is ok, but definitely has a lot less of a selection. On another day I was forced to go to SuperFoods b/c the other 2 had closed early. Let's put it this way, there is nothing so 'super' about their foods. By the way, Ling put on the most fabulous fireworks display

We also purchased 2 bottles of booze at the duty-free booth you pass when you get off of your flight. It was priced really well.

Restaurants:

1.French Steakhouse- it was ok, nothing absolutely amazing, and I doubt we'd return next year. It was fun to hear the gong sound followed by the 'mmmm ooh la la' as they brought out a platter of food. The service was very nice, and there was a piano player. My daughters and I all had the grouper (prepared different ways) and my husband had a steak. It was just ok. Will try other places before returning.

2.Bingos-this is a relatively new restaurant. We were there on Xmas eve, and there was a huge party inside of Dutch/Aruban people who were having a great time. It was very entertaining. None of us loved our main courses. However, they had excellent soups and salads, and I might go back to just order that. Service was very pleasant, prices were pretty reasonable.

3.Blossoms-we sat at a Teppanyaki table. It was very pretty in the restaurant. The food was ok, pretty pricey. Two of my daughters only ate off of the sushi menu, and loved it. Might return for sushi and maybe try the chinese side next year.

4.ElGaucho-we found this place to be highly over-rated. My husband really enjoys his beef, and thought it was nothing to write home about. He ordered the porterhouse, I ordered the ElGaucho steak (which really was not hot, and nothing special). One of my daughters ordered the mini filet mignon, and I think the other two order chicken or fish. It was noisy, there were people who had little children running all over the place and screaming, and it made for a really unpleasant visit. Definitely not returning there next year.

5.Chalet Suisse-I found this place to be incredibly snooty. We had reservations at 7:00. Sitting on the table was a card which said that the 'first seating' (meaning us) should be done by/before 9:00 for the second seating. Sorry, but when you're paying this type of money in a supposedly classy place, well I found it to be amazingly rude and obnoxious. We are almost always done within 2 hours in any event, but I felt like ripping up the card. I ordered a steak which had a really wonderful taste, but was hard b/c it was raw. I never send stuff back (scared they will spit in it :-p ), but it was truly inedible. Much to my dismay, when it came out it was cooked, and now had a barbeque sauce glaze on it...who asked for that. I just ate it, and found a large part of it grissley, and inedible. My husband and one of the girls ordered one of the swiss veal dishes, and enjoyed it very much. Another ordered fish, and another chicken. All of their meals were good. We also ordered the chocolate fondue for dessert, and it was to die for. I just don't know if we'll be returning there...it was so stuffy.

6.Marandi - had the sunset table once again, and this is definitely way up on the top of our list. There were some people on the beach, but they were fun to watch, and not noisy to us as some other people found in the past. We were all delighted with our dishes. I honestly don't remember them all, but I had a surf and turf which was amazing. Everyone ordered different things, and everyone was very happy. We forced ourselves to order dessert (even though we were stuffed), and were not disappointed. We will absolutely return.

7.Cuba's Cookin' - We had reservations here for a Sunday, and were then when we called to confirm
our reservations were told that they were closed on Sundays. We were so disappointd. As it turns out, we were supposed to go back to Flying Fishbone one night, and it was very humid and buggy out, (and since one of my daughters who sometimes has breathing problem issues with the humidity) we decided that we really would not be happy outdoors at F.F. We cancelled our reservations at F.F., and headed over to Cuba's Cookin'. It is a fun, kind of funky (I mean that in a good way) restaurant in downtown OJ. The food was fresh, delicious, and very reasonable. Service was fabulous. Our server, Javier, was very nice. Will most definitely return.

8.Pizza Bobs - this is right outside of the parking lot of Costa Linda. The pizza was delicious (perfect thin crust, and perfect balance of sauce, cheese and toppings). We also ordered salads which were good, and one of our daughters ordered a soup which she enjoyed very much. Outdoor, very casual and pleasant dining.

9.LeDome - as always, service was amazing and food was fantastic. Expect to pay a lot though. We save this for our last night each year.

10.Hostaria da Vittorio - Service was pleasant, food was pretty good (not great), and prices were up there all right. Fortunately they honor the VisitAruba card, so we got a 10% discount, but it was still quite pricey IMO for italian food. Doubt if we'll return. May try Sole Mare next year. I've also heard that Valentino's will be coming to the Costa Linda, so maybe we'll give that a try.

11.Rumbas Grill - Still one of our favorites. We went there for an early New Year's eve dinner and were not disappointed. We ordered the lobster tail specials (they will prepare them almost any way you ask), and they were great. Each order served 3 generous lobster tails which were cooked perfectly. Our server, Leni (I'm pretty sure that was her name), was a blast. She was so funny and kept posing in our pictures with us. A definite return for us.

12.Papiamento - Really enjoyed this place. We had a beautiful poolside table...it really was so pretty. The problem, unfortunatley was that we were getting eaten up alive b/c it had rained earlier in the day. We were so embarassed, but asked if it would be ok to move indoors. They were so nice to us. We moved indoors and were truly able to enjoy this fantastic meal. My family all ordered the seafood/fish cooked on the stone and loved it. It was all top quality, fresh, and delicious. I ordered Leni's chicken (which was sort of like chicken parm minus the breading, frying, and mozzarella. It was a tender piece of grilled chicken with a fresh tomato sauce and gouda cheese. It was so good. Service was lovely. We will definiely return.

13.Ventanas del Mar - this was our 2nd time we visited VDM. We enjoyed it much more on our first visit. It was so pricey, and food was just ok. Doubt we'll return next year. It is still one of the loveliest settings on the island.

14.Aqua Grill - this too was a return visit for us. Although the food is pretty good, it is not cheap, and the noise level in the restaurant is almost unbearably loud. Doubt we'll return there next year.

15.Iguana Joe's-we did lunch there one day. It was fresh, good food, and pretty reasonably priced. Once again, there was a table containing possible 3 or 4 families. The parents were basically ignoring their kids, and the kids were pretty much bothering most of the other patrons. I felt so bad for the servers. They were trying their best to be nice to everyone. After one of the children circled my chair 5 times, I finally said "Excuse me", and she left our area. It's not the kids' fault...just lack of parental management. We would return, possibly for dinner.

We went exploring the island one day when the weather wasn't sunny. Had a lot of fun seeing the sights. Stopped off at the Ostrich Farm...wouldn't bother again.

Did snorkeling a couple of times. Went up to Malmok and had good visibility. It was fun.

My husband and 2 of our daughters went deep sea fishing for a 1/2 day with some other people from our resort. They had fun fishing and snorkeling, although they didn't catch anything worthy of keeping this year.

Did plenty of shopping downtown this year, had fun. Always feel safe there...just be smart wherever you go, and it's important to always be alert of your surroundings no matter where you are.

Husband gambled at Allhambra casino. He had fun. He was up at first, but by the end he lost what amounted to about $200. So, I guess for 2 weeks, that's not too bad if you count it as entertainment.

The Arubans are as wonderful as ever. They are truly nice people.

I CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK!

If you have any questions, you can post to me (NYer) in the Aruba forum."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of January 2006

Costa linda was perfect

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I have stayed at about 10 different time share properties throughout Cabo, Cancun, St. Maarten, but this was my first trip to ARuba. Most website reviews had been pretty good, but we all have our own personal tastes, so I was anxious to see how it measured up to other places I had liked. Costa Linda exceeded most of my expectations. Here is a list of the pros and the very few cons I can find.
1. Huge, well thought out rooms with comfortable beds, great AC, well appointed kitchens and nice views. I had a 2bedroom, which could easily sleep 6 with enough closet space. THe cleaning staff was great as well.
2. Nice pool, bar and beach. Very clean, tons of chairs, cute little iguanas(harmless) all over the place, and a playground for kids to enjoy.
3. A reasonable gym, which is very hard to find in the Caribbean. YOu could actually peice together a decent workout.
4. The pool bar food had typical ARuba prices, about 40% higher than US mainland, but everything was served promptly and tasted great.
5. Close to ($5-8 cab ride) to grocery stores, casinos, and many good restaurants.
The few cons were minor and typical of the area.
1. The furniture in the units is typical of 80's Florida, lots of wicker and vinyl, not very lush, but your not paying for the Ritz, and you should not be in the room admiring the furntiure.
2. The cost of most things is sometimes absurdly high compared to US costs. Mexico is cheaper, but for the CAribbean, I found it on par with St. Maarten and St. THomas. I think ANguilla, St. Barts, and the Caymans are actually worse. If you actually get some basics at the grocery store, you will mitigate costs tremendously."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of December 2005