About Aruba Beach Club

• tennis court
  • babysitting
  • casino

Good

Bed bugs! Rude staff! We won't be back.

Reviewed Wed 2nd of January 2013

"My in-laws have owned a time share at Aruba Beach Club for over 20 years. They gave me and my husband a week at ABC for our honeymoon.

Upon opening the door to our room, we were thrilled. It was nicely appointed and appeared to be well-maintained. Everything was great. That is, until we went to sleep.

At about 6am that morning, I was awakened by intense itching on my left hand. I got up and inspected it in the bathroom - a bright red, large raised bump on my knuckle. I thought it was probably from a flying insect. I put some Lanacane on it and went back to bed.

The morning after our second night, I awoke to find a few more bites on both arms and a shoulder. Again I didn't give it much thought (though the itching was driving me insane) and my husband at that point had not been affected. He suggested we switch to the other bed.

At about 4am the following morning, my husband wakes me up and points to two red bites on his stomach. To my horror, I see at least 15 more bites on my legs and arms. We decide to pull up stakes immediately and get another room. My husband called the front desk and explained the situation but was told that there were no rooms available and that nothing could be done.

We packed up a few things and checked into the downtown Renaissance hotel at 4:30 in the morning. We were treated very graciously by the desk clerk, in stark contrast to how we were treated by the staff at ABC.

We returned to ABC later that same day to request a different room and were again told there was nothing available (we later found out from the general manager that this was not the case). We requested a meeting with the GM, who would be on premises the next day.

The GM refused any responsibility and came just shy of saying we were making it all up. They would not credit the account for the nights we were not there, nor would they cover the alternate accommodations or work with us in any way.

I noticed that the mattresses in our room were bare except for a thin white top pad under the sheets. In good hotels, the mattress is completely covered by a protective layer beneath the sheets. With so many people coming and going, in a tropical climate, of course the mattresses are going to be ripe for infestation. This should be common sense to anyone in the hospitality business.

I guess this place isn't awful if you don't mind bed bugs and rude, dishonest staff. But it sure makes for a lousy honeymoon."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of January 2008

We loved Aruba Beach Club!!

Reviewed Mon 31st of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at ABC in early July 2007 and absolutely loved it! The room was nicely air conditioned and it had maid services every day. There were always Palapas available and the beach wasn't busy at all. Every night there was a guy playing the carribean drums (not sure what exactly they're called) but it was just the icing on the cake and made us feel like we were truely in paradise! We brought our dinner down a few times to the beach and sat under the moonlight listening to the carribean drums with no one around us...it was almost unbelievable...I felt someone needs to pinch me! :) We went for several nightly beach strolls and the moonlight lit up the beach just enough to see...it was amazing! They have a bar right next to the pool and a restaurant that over looks the beach as well. There was a good mixture of ages there...I'd say on average about 35 in age. I do wish they had laundry facilities in the rooms but honestly it wasn't a bother at all. We just hung out at the palapa's on the beach while our clothes were washing/drying or walked across the street to the casino. I would go back to ABC everytime...not crowded and perfect atmosphere!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of January 2008

Great Location

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Great location! Right on the beach in the quiet low rise area. Nothing frilly or flashy here...ABC is an older property that is very clean and well maintained. We enjoyed being able to use the amenities at the neighboring Casa Del Mar. We would definitely stay here again.

Aruba is just amazing...wonderful people, great climate, beautiful beaches and delicious food!"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

ABC & Dine Around

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"The Aruba Beach Club is in an ideal location. Away from the 'high rise' area on its own beach. Apparently I went during the low season which was perfect. I only paid $384.70 round trip / non stop on Delta from JFK! I did not have to scramble to lay claim to beach chairs at sunrise. Although it might have been a good idea to do so for the pool chairs! The unit I stayed in was clean and had a very nice balcony facing the ocean. The staff although a bit 'slow' at times were helpful. (guess it is too hot to move or act quickly!) The resort is not a 5 star hotel. There is some wear and tear on the stairway carpeting - minor things. It is extremely well maintained. I was more than comfortable. I read a couple of reviews about the age demographics of ABC. And it was right on. It would appear that a good percentage of those staying at ABC are older adults. SOO if partying at a resort is on your agenda this is definitely not the place to stay. But if you want to enjoy the carib, relax and just cool out and go party elsewhere then ABC is an excellent spot. FYI - there is a program available to Aruba travelers which I found helpful and cost effective. Aruba is expensive! It is called the AGA Dine Around Program. There are different options with the program. We chose the 4 dinners + 5 breakfast or lunch at the cost of $214 each. There is a list of participating restaurants on the site. I asked a friend about the choices and was told that they were all good. Excellent program! We pretty much ate $214 worth of food on 2 dinners and 1 lunch. So it is worth investigating. The price goes up (of course) in 2008. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

Its tooo bad!

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"The hotel is located in the best part of the island, near town! I LOVED THE BEACH! My family's problem layed with the staff. They have a horrible towel problem which ended up creating problems everyday for us. After getting into an argument with the staff over the problem, my family recieved a vulgar prank phone call from a member of the staff very early in the morning. When I went to the front desk to discuss it, they did nothing to make me feel confident that it would not happen again. I felt uneasy the whole trip. The bar was another problem, the drinks were poorly done, which did not help with the bartenders rude attitutude. One instance i went to front desk to change some money, it seems they just never wanted to help me, she felt too comfortable sitting in her chair to help, I was not budging so eventually she had to get up to help. Me and my family felt as if we were an inconvinience to the staff. My overall experience was that the woman of Aruba did not treat us well, not even members of the hotel. The island is so beautiful, I will be comming back for my third time, but I suggest renting a home for a couple of weeks, the prices are definitly in a lot of familys price range."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Everything you need to know about the Aruba Beach Club!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"I put this in the forum but not everyone reads it, hopefully this will help people looking to go to ABC in May/June
__________________________________________

Ok, we got back from our WONDERFUL Aruba trip and I wanted to give a comprehensive report on the Aruba Beach Club that we stayed at.
I have a 1 bedroom timeshare and exchanged for a room at the ABC. Our room was a unit right on the beach, a few feet from palapas and steps to the water. Nice!

Kitchen - Stove, oven, full fridge, toaster. No blenders.

Rooms - newer tvs, no vcr/stereos/dvd players. Both rooms have Air conditioning and independent thermostats. There is a electronic safe in one closet. Plenty of hangers. Hairdryers in both bathrooms (largest 1BDs have 2 bathrooms). Ironging board and iron. Lotions, bar soap, shampoo supplied. Daily maid service.

Beach - many palapas. Beach was not crowded at all during our trip which was wonderful. ABC palapas reservable by using your beach towel from the resort.

Grill Service - you can go to the front desk and reserve a gas grill. Go the day before (or longer). A worker brought the grill to our front patio so we grilled in the sand and ate at the palapa in front of our room. Clean it and they come and get it in the morning.

Hotel restaurant - We were surprised the resort restaurant was so good. Open until 10-11pm most nights. Excellent affordable breakfasts with crepes, waffles, pancakes, french toast, omelets, simple egg plates, etc...

Pool Bar - friendly bar service but not real fast since most people order blended drinks. Prices are $4-7 for beers, frozen drinks, blended drinks. Happy Hour is nightly from 4pm-6pm. See below about "charge to room"

Charge-to-Room/Cash - i had to add this so people don't waste their time waiting for drinks only to not have the cash when they need it. Saturdays (arrivals/departures) the restaurant and bar will NOT accept the room charge no matter what the front desk tells you. During happy hour the Pool Bar will ONLY accept cash. I don't know why since cash seems to take them as long as a room charge.

Pool - nice warm pool with deep end, children's pool also. The pool closes at a horribly early 6pm. That kind of stinks.

ROOM FEES/TAXES - RCI got this wrong in a BIG way, I was shell shocked when I got the room charges. DAILY fees for our one bedroom were ~$8 for energy charge, ~$4 Aruba Occupancy Tax. With a couple of local calls ($1 or so) our week long room fees and taxes added up to $100. OUCH!

Parking - free parking lot out front, plus you can park next door at the sister hotel.

Gas prices - Cost $28 for half a tank of gas for a compact Mitsubishi. Yes, your read that right.

Staff - Very friendly, helpful, spoke english (as did everyone on the island).

Directions to ABC - RCI directions are incorrect. Take the main road from the airport north following signs that say "low rise hotels". On the left you will see a "Alhambra Casino". Turn left just before it (at a light) and the road will veer to the right. Aruba Beach Club is on the left."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Great Value Vacation

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My husband and I booked our week through a last minute Ebay purchase. We already had plane tickets but no definitive lodging plans because we were waiting for I.I. to come through with a place. But we lucked out with ABC for the dates we wanted to travel. We got a 1 bedroom for under $400 for the week. We checked out ABC through TripAdvisor before purchasing and found it to be a nice place to stay. Be advised this place is not for you party animals!! Although the Alhambra Casino across the street seems to be the most lively casino on the island. The accomodations were recently updated and kept immaculately clean (friendly maid service daily). The only things missing from the full kitchen was the dishwasher and blender. Satellite TV with most programming from NYC stations. The pools were not very big and there was a kiddie pool. The beaches were clean and water was warm but the waves can be a bit tubulent. The only negative about this and some other beach resorts on this island is way the people "reserve" their umbrella/beach lounge chairs. We have seen people come down at the crack of dawn, scrambling for prime seat locations, throwing down a few personal belongings and disappear for the next few hours (presumably to sleep in another couple of hours) before they actually occupy the space. Quite rude and selfish.....Security have tried to address this by removing personal belongings and enforcing the rules which is posted at all umbrellas sites. The sister property, Casa del Mar extends ABC's access to activities, beach, spa, retail. Since ABC and CDM have relatively laid back nightlife, it is recommended to rent a car to resort/casino hopping, dining, shopping. Buses are accessible off the main road but can be an inconvenience when coming back late in the evening. Rent your cars in advance from the main websites and not the local websites for cheaper prices. This place may be the oldest timeshare on the island but it does not look it. If you are looking for pleasant, clean and quiet place for vacation, this is the place. For us it was a great value on top of all that. : )"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of February 2007

Will be coming back again!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Quiet hotel, custom made for relaxation! Nothing like the crowded high-rise places with screaming kids. Grounds immaculate and well cared for. Rooms had everything you needed to prepare your meals. Coffee on the balcony in the mornings is soooo relaxing. Great ocean view from most rooms. Staff very pleasant and attentive. Newly renovated which also adds to the value and comfort. A/C worked great! I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody that wants a care-free and quiet vacation."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of October 2006

aruba beach club

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"we have time share at aruba beach club for over 25 years==its the best ==not the fanciest but the most layed back quiet clean place ive ever stayed at==the beach and pool are at your door, very helpful staff==if you want active go to high rise area=if your young go somewhere else ---according to some people who have stayed there everone was over 55==well people =i hate to clue you in on this== but somewhere in life you do get to be 55 and over==its a matter of choice--but ill take this one anytime=and i have been to other places--try it you might like it---enjoy!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

Rest and Relaxation at its best!

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"The room was clean and maintained well. The employees at the ABC are very polite and more than willing to help. They are FAR from rude. If you are looking for R&R this is the resort! The guests staying at ABC are well balanced in ages and at the resorts Happy Hour, you will have a chance to meet everyone (if you want to). Great resort, great island and great people!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I don't know what these people are complaining about, but the Aruba Beach Club was great! The beach is fantastic. It was nice to enjoy the peace and quiet when we wanted to, but to join in the activities when we didn't. The staff was great and very accommodating. We will go back again in an instant!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

never again!!!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Almost everyone was over 55 . Employees were rude, unhelpful and they were even going into our room. We came back one evening and found cookie crumbs and a large piece of cookie on the floor in the doorway as well as bathroom, at this point I did not feel safe or comfortable any longer. This was our 3rd trip to Aruba and our first and last stay at the Aruba Beach Club . The beach was not tended to daily. The pool was dirty. The staff was rude.

When they say a little construction, believe them. The room was right next door to where they were renovating. The hall and our room smelled of paint fumes daily. We do plan on a return to Aruba but never at this resort.

If you like noise, paint fumes, dirty pool and beach as well as someone going thru your room when you are out then this is the resort for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006