Good

Tamarijn my home away from home.

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2015

"I am a Red Parrot member and I recently made my annual 2 week visit to the Tamarijn this MAY.
I always enjoy the location, the friendly service and my favorite waiters. The rooms are clean and the maid service was excellent. The food was good but the Red Parrot usually my favorite place to eat was not as good as it was previous years. The chef is new and I did not care for some of his dishes. The other places were very good. Also, mother nature was tough on the beach's, however, that did not effect my vacation at all. I am already counting the days for next years Tamarijn vacation. John from Boston"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2015

Had a great time at the Tam

Reviewed Thu 15th of January 2009

"My wife and I stayed at the Tamarijn with our 7 year old son from December 6 to 20. We had a great time! The rooms are basic, but we couldn't have cared less about that. We were there for the surf, sand, sun and sights! The room was clean and comfortable, so that made us happy. The quality and variety of food at the Tam and Divi kept us happy for 2 weeks. We saw some repeats by the 2nd week, but it had been long enough in between that it didn't bother us. We liked Paparazzi the best and Ginger was just ok, the rest falling in between. My wife has food allergies and she was always able to find something to eat. The low-rise area where the Tam is located is much more relaxed than the high-rise area further north. We much preferred the low-rise area. Downtown Oranjestad was about a 20 minute walk from the Tam. I walked there on numerous occasions by myself and never had any problems. I always felt quite safe on this island. My son had a great time playing in the ocean and swimming in the pools. The only problem we had was with the kids club, which was not at all well attended by other kids, so we didn't bother booking him into that. He did fine meeting other kids his age the second week we were there. The first week, he wasn't able to find any suitable playmates, but we made do by going to the ocean and bodysurfing. I would also recommend one of the jeep tours. We had a good time going to the natural pool on the other side of the island.

Here is a link to some photos from Aruba:

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2009

Tamarijn & Dive Aruba

Reviewed Fri 17th of October 2008

"We were due to go on the 10th September 08 to Cuba, but due to Hurrican Ike our plans were all cancelled.(even the prem sets!) Aruba the Tamarijn resort was recommend by a friend,so we booked it. We couldn't get Prem seats on the plane due to the sort notice of going, but it was my first time flying with First Choice and it will be the last time! outgoing flight we asked for a bottle of champy! they said it would be around 30 mins as they were chilling, when we asked them for it, they has sold out! Great start to our holiday. Toilets people had pead on the floor, but they wouldn't let people use the Premier Class toilet instead. No Vodka on the flight either.
Got to the resort nice welcome with a ice cold bottle of water and face towel to cool us down. Everything looked clean rooms we had a Beach front room which was loverly watching the sun go down. Breakfast / lunch at the buffet bar okay at the Tam but the evening meal if we were not booked in anywhere we went to the Divi. Gingers/ Red Parriot / Italian resturants were all nice we had 2/3 meals booked with them. We also went to Windows Twice which was fantistic food, for $25.00 per head, drinks separet was a great offer. If you go to this resort try it! Pools were cleaned daily and resort always tidy. Only two bar staff were rude! if you were a women, they would serve the Americans holding a dollar before you!. Best Barman was John, who also represents Aruba in the heavy weight. John was always pleasent to everyone and willing to help. We would go again but would have to fly with another opperator. We got up one morning ready for the beach as we knew we would be out all day, had breakfast and left, when we got back around 5pm, our door was open! went in nothing gone but the maid hadn't closed it! informed security.
On our way home at the airport, they we charging people for being over weight by even 3 kilos! Weather was hot, only rained one day, which they all said it hadn't rained like that for 10 years. Catholic church was a nice visit on Sunday morning mass said in English. Not much to buy other than Diamonds for the ladies which my Husband did the honours of buying me an eternity ring which was very nice. Only ever seen 1 Cockroach near the beach, only seen one cat with a kitten. only see one dog with its owner being walked. But near the airport we seen 1 dog dead in the road. (arrr) well I would got back to Aruba but I've got to do the Maldives & Mexico and Cuba again before I would go back to Aruba.
People were nice and friendly no trouble, just the Yanks loud and overtaking.

• Travel date: Fri 17th of October 2008

The Tamarijn is a good hotel not a great...

Reviewed Sat 1st of September 2007

"The Tamarijn is a good hotel not a great one, this said though it does have a fantastic location.

Rooms (1113) are clean but small, maybe a lick of paint needed. The maid service was 5*. Clean bedding and towels supplied throughout stay. Be aware that blocks 2500-2100 are a good walk from the bars & restaurants.

The buffet at the Tam is like a cafe, ok for breakfast and lunch but best avoided for dinner. The Divi is a much better option real glasses, tableclothes and better service.

The a la carte restaurants are fine not great but better than buffet.

A good option if you want to eat out is El Gaucho (a must do) steak (the gaucho steak) like you never tasted before in your life. It was so good we went back for another just to be sure. Also Madame Janette, fine dining at its best at reasonable prices.

The beach is very rocky between 1900-1100 and all the parasols are right up by the road.

The climate in Aruba is fantastic not much humidity due to the trade winds so evenings are quite pleasant.

First choice flights were good too, adequate legroom and the food was edible.

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

My first time in Aruba and wow what a be...

Reviewed Wed 26th of April 2006

"My first time in Aruba and wow what a beautiful place. the Tamarijn was excellent, not the best rooms we have had decor wise, but very clean and who needs fancy decor when you have a view like we had. If you rolled over in bed you would nearly be in the sea, and what better way to wake up and watch pelicans diving for breakfast.

The food was great, the staff are brilliant. Its just one happy island .you must do the de palm island trip and try sea trek or snuba. I did sea trek as I am not a good swimmer in fact I am not confident in water full stop, but it was fab i was even snorkeling by the afternoon it was magic. The jeep safari is a must the guides are excellent, the other side of the island is so rugged with choppy sea such a contrast.

And wow if you are as lucky as we were you might even see a leather back turtle. One came on the beach near our rooms late afternoon and laid her eggs. It’s a sight I shall never forget, nothing can prepare you for its sheer size. Oranjestand is lovely you can walk any where on the whole island and feel totally safe, I’ve been to Cuba, St Lucia, Jamaica but Aruba was the best.

I am going to Brazil this year (anyone been?) But we are going to Aruba next year its already booked and if I win the lottery then I am buying a place there."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of April 2006

will return next year

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Spent 7 nights at the Resort and loved every minute of it. Next year we have plans to go for 10 nights!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of March 2004

Just returned from an awesome trip Feb 29th - March 7th

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"Wow! What an awesome trip to Aruba and the Tam was great! I must admit that I was a little skeptacle after many of the reviews I read about the Tamirijn, so I wanted to write in case anyone was debating about going to this resort.

I traveled with my husband, parents (this was their 3rd trip to the Tam) and my two small children. We had requested adjoining rooms, first floor near the pool and restaurants (Bldg. 14) and they met all of our requests without any problem. We were very pleased when we arrived.
Next time I would ask for Building 16 because it is a little quieter, but still close to the pool.

The rooms are your typical hotel room. But they are literally steps from the Carribean Sea, you are right on your very own beach. We checked out several of the larger hotels, they are nice, but you are a ways away from the beach and there were just too many people.

The Tam was wonderful. The staff were friendly and the food was plentiful. Breakfast was great, anything that you wanted they had.
Lunch had a variety of selections along with the snack bar at the pool where you could get pizza, sandwiches, popcorn etc. The dinners were great too! The buffet was good, but we ate at the Papparazzi 3 times and the Red Parrot twice. We also tried the Palm Grill which was good too. I gained 5 lbs. between the great food and yummy frozen drinks!

We had the Mega package so you could go between both resorts, the Divi was nicer but the rooms weren't on the ocean. The shows at night gave the kids something to enjoy and the parrots at the Divi were fun to see. I would definitley get the mega so you can go between both places.

It was a great family vacation, my kids played with other children from the Netherlands and other states that they had met. They had a great time in the pool and riding the waves. Make sure to bring alot of sunscreen if you are traveling with little ones.

We can't wait to go back! They say it never rains in Aruba - well it does! We got washed out on Thursday and it rained the last 3 nights we were there. I was a little disappointed, but it was sunny most of the days! And very warm!

If your plannig a trip to Aruba you'll love it and the Tam is awesome!
I highly recommend it and we are already planning to return next year.
:-)"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of March 2004

Great time

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I've read reviews before going to the Tam and I've found the truth somewhere in the middle. Some people had complaints that were valid and some just expected to much. the resort is average. It's 30 plus years old and it shows but they are making efforts to improve it. The rooms are nice and they're clean. Best of all you're 5 steps from the sand and 20 steps from the water. You won't find that anywhere else at any price. Food is ok, not great but like any buffet. Drinks are of coarse free and easy to get from the bunker bar on the beach or the bars by the pool. Get the mega package and get use of the Divi next door. They have the same food but it's a little nicer there. The Red Parrot Resturant at the Divi was very good. We rented a car and you can get anywhere on the island in 30 minutes. We went on a snorkle trip, The Jolly Pirate, which was lots of fun. One place they stopped was near a beach so the next day we just drove there and snorkled right off the beach for free. We also went to Baby Beach and the Natural Bridge.
About a mile from the Tam is Eagle Beach. an excellent beach, nice soft sand even in the water, no rocks at all. You can get bicycles from the Tam and ride down there. By the way Aruba is a very safe Island, you can go anywhere. We went to town to ElGaucho resturant, Excellant, a must. Most everyone speaks atleast some English and American money is accepted anywhere. I rate The Tamarijn 3 stars but add a star if you want the beach and ocean outside your door. Or add a star if you want the safety traveling on your own around Aruba. Or add a star if you want a great vacation at a bargin price. The timeshares may be more luxurious but the price dosen't come close to the Tam and they don't come close to the water. I liked all of those so I gave the Tam 4 stars and I'll go back."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of March 2004

Had a wonderful time

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I have been using trip advisor for a while now to get an idea of what to expect on upcoming vacations. So i feel I should participate in some reviews. I stayed at the Tamarijn last july for 9 days with my fiance. We are a low 20's couple and had a blast. I was shocked to see how many people dont know how to have fun and find anything to complain about. This island is small but it is not boring. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful. The people: everyone at the resort let alone the whole island is polite and they all go out of their way to say hello to you. The food: food was good, not gourmet but you are not paying the money for it. The beakfast was probaly the best part. The paparazzi was the best for me. It is italian foods and you can order more than one platter for your dinner, they dont mind. The water: water is calm and clear. Kinda feels like bath water and is refreshing. Snorkling from the resort is not great but thats why they have tours. We went to De Palm island and had a great Snuba and snorking session. Room: All the rooms are direct ocean front. everyone gets a spectacular view. The rooms were decent size and nice. I didnt find anything wrong with them. Every room also has a balcony, which is a plus. This resort is a family resort but I being young had no problem with that. There were no kids running around really and it was just a nice quiet resort. There are not alot of things to do but you have the whole island to entertain you. The staff does have themed nights everynight from dancers to caribbean bashes that were alot of fun. Go off the beaten path to see the natural bridge. Also to those young people going, there is a restaurant/ bar in town called carlos and charlies. You can walk 15 minutes to get there. That is the most happening place and alot of fun. I hope I helped some people make a decision with this place. I will definatly go back thins summer. Any questions or to see some pics email me."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2004

Have been coming here for over 10 years

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"I have been coming to the Tamarijn for 10 years now, always staying in the same block of rooms. Aruba & the Tamarijn have consistently been WONDERFUL. I'm upset about some of the other reviews. While the beaches last year were long & sandy, & the water clear & easy to access, mother nature has not been kind to them this year. In no way is this reason not to come to Tamarijn. For all the wonderful years they have given visitors, one should have patience & confidence in their valiant efforts to repair natures damage. They are doing their best to be better than ever shortly. I (& my friends) will be back again this year. To relax, kick back, do a little horse back riding, 4 wheeling & enjoyable nightlife, there is NO BETTER PLACE TO BE IN THE WORLD, THAN ARUBA TAMARIJN."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of January 2004

Don't Go

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"This resort was rundown,food was the worst and to top it off management let the kids run wild. We have toured most of the islands and enjoyed all except Aruba and this resort."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of December 2003

good place for a honeymoon

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"my wife and i went on our honeymoon dec. 13-20. this was the most uncrowded week of the year (week before christmas) according to the arubians. the island is nice and very pretty. the arubians are very nice also. they prefer u.s. money it seemed which was nice to avoid constantly converting from usd to florin. the island has pretty small waves along the southern coast and no waves at all along the west coast (i.e. palm beach where most the action happens). the time is 1 hour ahead of e.s.t.

people: we are a younger 20s couple and from our perspective there were a lot of families and older couples. not too many couples our age. most couples seemed to be in their 40s.

food: the meals definately got better throughout the day (i.e. dinner was better than lunch and lunch was better than breakfast). dinners there are incredible. VERY good food at the restraunts. our favorite was at the divi ("red parrot") but the "paparazzi" at the tamarijn was also very good. the resorts' cooks definately pride themselves on dinner.

beach: very nice beach (inbetween the divi and the tamarijn). clear water (when they were not doing beach repair from erosion) and very few rocks. the tamarijn's beach is very rocky and shallow (not good for swimming). they give you a towel card so you don't need to bring your own.

rooms: the rooms at tamarijn were good. nothing spectacular but they are less than 50 feet from the ocean and every room's balcony faces directly at the ocean. nice sound of waves at night if you keep your door cracked. we never went inside a room at the divi, but most of their rooms seemed to face the beach at an angle. some of the rooms are pretty far from the lobby (ours was roughly 1/8 mile) so it gets to be a pain.

safety: we both felt very safe. there are plenty of security guards riding bikes around the property and we only heard two sirens along the road during the week we were there. the busses are also very safe and never felt uncomfortable riding them, even at 11:00 p.m. cost of the busses is $1.25/person/way.

watersports package: nice equipment. i was hoping to learn windsurfing but the rip-tide was strong two of the days so wouldn't let people take the equipment out. there are no views for snorkeling around the resort but up at the NW corner of the island (north of palm beach and south of the lighthouse) there is good snorkeling. we also went of a snorkeling cruise called the jolly pirates. VERY good tour. the wrecked "antilla" is a cool ship to see.

if you are still reading this, thanks. i hope it was helpful. you will enjoy aruba; we had a blast!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of December 2003

Hotels near Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Top traveller tips for Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

• lat6 by lat6

"Windows on Aruba, at the Divi golf course was our fav restaurant. Jeep tour is fun! "

Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive is also called