Divi Aruba Beach

• hair dryer
  • seating area
  • telephone
  • kitchenware
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • iron
  • additional bathroom
  • private pool

Loved it!

Reviewed 9th June 2016

"Aruba Stayed 6-3 through 6-7 2016 First Impression: The first impression is wow! It’s the most beautiful beach in the world! After walking around a bit I noticed that most of the negative reviews I’d read before coming had been addressed and fixed. Pretty impressive. Staff: Like all of Aruba, the people working at Divi were either friendly, happy and helpful, or they were rude and unhappy. No in between. Brenda at the reservation desk was especially cheerful and friendly. The women at the front desk were kind but the male who checked us in not so much. (His name ended in y.) He did change our room to the ground floor, that we had requested prior, but he wasn't happy about it. We tipped him anyway and at least got a hint of a smile. The taxi drivers outside were all super friendly, as were the guys driving the shuttles and carts. We loved our maids, who went out of their way! The towel girl at the pool, however, went out of her way to be rude. Most of the bartenders were great, but a couple not so much. There was no in between with the staff. But the friendly helpful staff carried the day for everyone else. We found this same contrast in people everywhere in Aruba, which is interesting considering Aruba exists solely on tourism. Room: We stayed in room 601 in the Lanai. Amazing view, walk out to the beach, right by the Sandpiper bar (opens at 11, but coffee is available and sitting on the bar early morning). Our maids were amazing and we left a tip and a gift. The only drawback is that the shower has a half door which soaks the floor. One morning we had construction right outside our door wake us up. But they were very friendly and apologetic about it as we went in and out of our room during the rest of the day as they worked, which made up for it. Beach: Spectacular! Blue! One rocky spot walking in, but a few steps over it and it's smooth again. If you walk straight out from the Sandpiper bar it's less of a rocky patch. Several broken chairs which need to be removed but we always found two and a good spot. Loved it! Spent four solid days on the beach. Sandpiper: Hit and miss on the bartenders. Either very friendly with good drinks, or rude with watered down drinks. Rudest bartender was here, but so was our favorite. But we loved that this bar was right there by our room and the beach. Red Parrot: Ask for George! The most friendly server we've ever had. Great food there and everywhere, but George made everything taste even better. Food: We ate at Red Parrot and Pure Lime and both were amazing. We also ate at the hibachi and Asian restaurants at the Tam which were also amazing. Ginger had spectacular service! The buffet was great, sushi, tacos, and hamburgers every day, and a variety of everything else that changed each day, which was all good. Drinks: 90% of the time we had excellent drinks! Not watered down at all like some of the reviews I’d read. They’re also lenient and cooperative. For example: They don’t have Red Bull, but we bought some in the gift shop, took it in the bars with us, and asked for vodka on the rocks. Also, they do not serve alcohol until 11:00, but each night we asked the bartender for a Bailey’s, took it to our room, and put it in the fridge. The next morning we’d get coffee from the machine on the Sandpiper bar counter. Security: We appreciated that we could see the security patrolling, and that they came by to make sure we put the bar up on the patio door. Guests: Mostly an older crowd, very few children. Very peaceful. Entertainment: Different each night. Good bands, good DJs. Tam and Divi very different. Divi had more dancing and interacting. Try both! We loved both places. Sunset: Sun set at 7:00. Walk down to the end towards the newer section for the best viewing spot. Spectacular! Everyplace has good and bad but overall Divi was amazing and we can't wait to go back! I can't imagine staying anywhere else! "

• Travel date: 8th June 2016

Can't Be Beat for Teens

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"I felt obligated to write this review as I did a great deal of research using this site to choose a resort. I also have a different perspective than most I've read as my husband and I travelled with our three "children" ages 12, 16 and 19. My family returned from a week at the Divi on July 10th. I can't say enough about the resort. It was clean, including the common areas, very friendly and safe. I will say that we never used, or intended to use, the pool. (We can get into a pool at home). While I never noticed it being dirty, my son felt it was. (He lifeguards at pools and lakes where someone it required to clean during every 15 minute break, so his expectations are high.) The Tam and Divi are run as one resort for Divi patrons and we went back and forth quite often. The Divi has much nicer beaches which were clean, beautiful and uncrowded. Much better than in the high-rise district. The Tam is where the watersports center is located and why we went there so often. While only non-motorized watersports are included, there was a private business hut on the stretch of beach between the two resorts offering the motorized sports. We couldn't have made a better choice in resorts with three teens. They ate or moved constantly. The food was good at the buffet, partucularly breakfast. There were many different selections every day for lunch and dinner with hamburgers, hotdogs and fries standard. The food was good enough that we all chose many different things, but the kids added the excellent fries to every meal. The pizza oven could be slow, but only during the two hours when the buffet was closed to switch from lunch to dinner. The Papparazzi didn't impress us; the Red Parrot did. My daughter celebrated her birthday while we were there and we asked the concierge about a cake. She simply asked where we would be eating dinner that night. After we finished eating, the staff brought out a beautiful, homemade 15" cake, sang, and took pictures. We were never charged additionally for the cake. The staff in all areas of the resort were excellent and friendly, including maintennce and security. The activities leader was as good at his job as anyone I have ever seen. The buffet waitstaff was more solemn, but only during peak times when they were too busy to chitchat. We never had slow service at the bars. While we are not vehemently opposed to it, we don't drink. One of my concerns before we went, after reading about most users enjoying the unlimited "free" alcohol, was an excess of drunken people. Not a good atmosphere for the ages of my kids. It was never a problem and we felt safe letting even the 12 year old move about alone. I just realized how long this review is and that I could go on forever. In closing, the resort was fantastic and we spoke with newlyweds, families with younger children, seniors and second-honeymooners from various countries who felt the same way."

• Travel date: 21st July 2004

Divi...good place if you know what its weaknesses are

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"We just returned from a week long family vacation on July17. This was my second visit to the Divi in two years. Overall, I still like the Divi; I think it provides great value for a family vacation to an expensive island. The 2 main issues are the hotel staff (could someone smile) and the dilapidated common areas. The rooms (except for the Beachside Lanai's) look good; they were updated with furniture, decor, countertops in bath, and lighting (in the Vistas). Beachside Lanai's should be condemned they are so overdue for a makeover. The common areas (except for the main entry) need work. The main pool suffers from Algae on the sides, the other pool has chipping cement and tiles. To the Divi's defense, when is a good time to shut down a pool for repairs? Other than the pools, the place seems generally worn down (broken showers coming off the beach, cracked tiles in the public bathrooms). The hotel staff must be having labor issues with management. Bar service during the day was slow...unless you were waving a dollar bill. At night, it was slightly better. Ordering food at the pizza bar is a nighmare...when it's busy, forget about it. Meals at the 2 restaurants we tried (Red Parrot & Paparazzi) were inconsistent. I had a great meal at each, and an equally bad meal during my stay. Service at both restaurants was good. All this being said, they still make a great frozen drink, you get good buffet meals at all meals, they still have some top shelf alcohol, and draft beer choices are good. Kids still get all the ice cream, popcorn, and drinks; the nightly entertainment is pretty good. The Divi simply grows on you during the course of your stay...it sits on arguably the nicest beach in Aruba and when you consider all the things the Divi does provide for the money, I still think it's a good value for a family vacation."

• Travel date: 17th July 2004

Paradise!!!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"My husband and I absolutely had the best time in Aruba! The Divi and Tamarjan hotels were excellent. Everyone was wonderfully polite and helpful. You could hop on a bus and go downtown very easily. You could also jump on a 'golf cart' and ride down the road to the Casino. We went in December and the weather was beautiful. The average temperature was 82- 85 degrees, and no humidity. Aruba is very breezy, so the heat was tolerable. We felt as though we were in Paradise! We are going again in a few months. Word of caution- please stay away from Barbados. It was a horrible experince for us. It is very unsafe, the natives do not like Americans, and the tourists (which are mainly the British) do not like Americans. It was the nightmare from hell!"

• Travel date: 29th June 2004

Excellent

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I stayed at the Divi Aruba resorts. It is really a nice resort. The beach is wonderful, clean and not crowded. I like that I was able to use the Tamarijn resort 3 minutes away which is affliated with the Divi. The Divi resorts have Golf carts to transport guest from one resort to the other. The Golf carts will also take guest to the neareast casino. The run every 5 to 10 minutes untill 3:00 Am. The only problem I had with staying at the Divi was the food. It was ok. It did not taste bad but it was not 5 star quality food. Aruba is a wonderful island to visit. It is a very safe island. The natives and wokers are very friendly and accomondating. I am making plans to go next year but stay a little longer."

• Travel date: 24th June 2004

Stayed at Divi 6/12/04-6/19/04

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My b/f and his family stayed at the Divi last week. Boy, was it beautiful! The ocean is unbelievable and the sand is really white. The Divi was all inclusive so we drank and ate the whole time we were there. The drink of the day specials were great and the food was above average for an all-inc. The bartenders like Rolando were very nice and they are very appreciative if you tip them. We went on the Kuku-Konuku bar tour which was fun but they took us to literally their "local" bars. And I MEAN LOCAL. The De Palm Happy Hour snorkeling was awesome! We saw a ship underwater from WWII and a coral reef with fish. I suggest going SNUBAing. Its worth the $$. Also, RENT YOUR OWN JEEP for a day. We did 2 days and saw all 7 of the natural bridges while off-roading. Dont do the jeep tour unless your afraid of going off the "beaten path". The NATURAL POOL is off the hook also. Bring your snorkel gear for it. I think the low-rise hotels have a better beach than the high-rise and it's also more intimate. Its so laid back in ARUBA I absolutely love it and can't wait to go again! Email me if you want more suggestions!"

• Travel date: 20th June 2004

Awfull Experience!

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"First of all let me say that the hospitality service was awfull! I fell one day when it was raining on the slippery wet floor in the hall and hit my leg on a open utility door puncturing a main vein in my leg. No one seemed to even care. My friend went to go see if he could find some bandages and the front desk workers were very rude and not very helpfull. I did'nt even recieve a call at all from management. We got calls every day from the "sales woman" trying to get us to schedule an appointment with her so she can try to sell us a condo or timeshare. Then we caught the maid "red handed" stealing from our room. I just would not reccomend this place at all. I wrote a letter to them after my horrible experience and I still haven heard a thing back and its been 4 months. Beware of the Divi Resort!!!"

• Travel date: 19th June 2004

what a great hotel and a wonderful island

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We stayed at the Divi from 6/12 to 6/17 and it was the best vacation my wife and I have ever been on. We stayed in room 417 which was about 3 feet from the beach which was awsome. The hotel staff and security was always friendly. The Parrot Bay restaraunt was delicious and the bartenders at all the bars made the best Mai Tai's in the world. It was just an all around great experience. We are already planning our return trip. p.s. If you go, plan a trip on the KuKoo Kunuku, Gerla is the Queen of the road."

• Travel date: 18th June 2004

It was Wonderful

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"I was in the Divi from May 18 to the 27th on our honeymoon. To sum it up I can say we LOVED it. The staff is always happy and very friendly. The Food was delicious and so much variety to choose at the buffet. The "a la carte" food was mouth watering good. Rolando is one of the best bar-tenders there (get the Rolando special//Rum lemonade) They are very generous when it comes to alcohol, you defenitley feel it.. The Beach is sooooo beautiful and clean.. just one thing though their beach front rooms is actually a garden view and it depends on your luck you might get a room far from the main area (the one we got) but with a little nagging we were able to get the beach view which was just WOW!!! the staff is very friendly and they will try their best to accomodate you. They had some good entertainment at night but it is mostly a quiet resort made to relax, so if that's what your after then the DIVI is the place to be. If you need any info about the resort don't hesitate to E-mail me but from my personal experience I recommend it and I would go back for a visit."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2004

Great place to stay

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"Stayed here for 4 nights. The airport was a small hassle, but not bad. They will open up all of your luggage and go through it. We were out of the airport sooner than later and on to the hotel. We didn’t rent a car here and don’t know that I would. They seem to have some interesting traffic laws that I’m not sure I picked up on. Taxis are everywhere though and they all charge a flat fee to transport to town, $6 I believe. There are plenty of island tours you can book from a travel desk at the hotel. Hotel rooms themselves are nothing to write home about, but they are sufficient and clean. Grounds of the hotel are very nice, although the 4 foot iguana that hopped out of the bush in front of me when I first got to the hotel was cause for a few expletives. There was also a beautiful caged parrot not far from our room that loved to scream at about 6am every morning. Had an “orientation” with an extremely friendly and helpful hotel employee. Have to wear a wristband for the all inclusive plan. They say it’s $100 if you lose it. Food is also nothing to write home about, but it’s not bad. You can use the restaurants/pizza bars at either of the 2 hotels (Divi and Tamajran about 200 yards down the beach). I agree with one review I read about the bartenders not having any enthusiasm. Mixed drinks were not the greatest, but you can’t go wrong with the beer. The section of the beach between the 2 hotels is totally awesome. Water is perfect in every way. Snorkeling gear and rafts are free to use, but I didn’t see much of anything to look at under the water. Don’t think Aruba is exactly a hot spot for snorkeling. Plenty of tours to book that will pick up right in front of the hotel. There’s a party bus that comes by nightly that you can board and tour all the nightlife hot spots. Nightly entertainment at one of the two hotels is included. Some of it was a little cheesy, but I recommend the karaoke show. A few drunks who thought they were the next American Idol really made for some good entertainment. There’s a casino within walking distance of the hotel. Overall this is a pretty cool place to stay. I’d definitely go back."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2004

Great beach - everything else? Well.................

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Just got home from 5 days at the Divi. I am not a frequent traveller, so take what I say with a grain of salt. First off, the beach is wonderful - absolutely beautiful. Big, beautiful sand and no rocks. But the huts are few and - of course - there were lots of jerks putting their stuff out early in the a.m. and then showing up whever they felt. The "no reservation of huts" rule was not enforced. Second - the food? Eh. All inclusive buffet was pretty low grade really - except for the Pizza which is available whenver you want and is pretty tasty. Same goes for the Red parrot and the Italian place at the Tamarjin - extremely limited and noticebly bland. Drinks are heavy watered down. Go with the beer, wine, or something not so easily watered down. You can use the facilities at both the Divi and its sister - the Tamarjim - but the Tamarjin is pretty honky-tonk. (Nicer staff though) As for the service, the girl who cleaned our room was fabulous. Front desk was courteous and helpful. The woman working the PIzza Bar was quiet, but she was always working so she was probably exhausted. Memo to Mgt - I am on vacation. Stop trying to sell me a timeshare. The bartenders? Here we had a problem or two. With the exception of 3 wonderful guys (no names), none of them ever seemed happy - despite my frequent tipping -and 2 of them at the main bar were just plain jerks. Not once did they say "thanks" and they often seemd "bothered" by the guests. Considering it was the same guys each day shift of my stay - this did put a damper on my experience somewhat. Overall Food is 2 stars Service 2 stars - brought down by a few bad apples Beach 4.5 stars Room 3.5 stars Considering I never travel, I may be easier to please on the service and room categories, but the rudeness of a few staff members really impacted my review. I have heard similar reviews from others - about the same people - so this must be an on-going problem. All in all I would recommend it - but don't take any flack from these jerks - report them - immediately or they will just tee you off."

• Travel date: 31st May 2004

Hotels near Divi Aruba All Inclusive

Divi Aruba All Inclusive is also called

• Divi Aruba Beach Resort Hotel
  • divi aruba
  • aruba all inclusive resort