Caribbean Palm Village Resort

Good

Aruba is a fantastic vacation spot. The...

Reviewed Tue 10th of January 2006

"Aruba is a fantastic vacation spot. The South West of the island has large US hotel complexes and excellent beaches. The Hotel area has all the usual US restaurant chains and menus of fries, chicken and burgers or pizza. If you get off the beaten track there are several excellent Aruban restaurants with truly excellent cuisine.

The Aruban people are very friendly making it a very pleasant place to be.

The Island is very dry and provides a very different interesting flora and fauna compared to the usual expected "Tropical Island" - truly a desert island.

The diving is excellent and there is good snorkelling inshore.

The Caribbean Palm Village is a typical US timeshare complex - good pools but basic entertainment aimed at mainly east coast US tourists. As this accommodation is a short distance from the beach car hire is a real benefit but they do provide a shuttle service for guests.

Hiring a car also allows you to get out and see the real Aruba and not the man made hotel area designed for US tourists idea of what the Caribbean should look like - you could be in Florida in this small corner of the Island. But this is only a small corner of the island which does provide a pleasant if artificial place to stay.

Visit the Aruban coin museum in Orangestad - the collection is enormous and truly fascinating.

We would recommend the following restaurants for a taste of local cooking: Gasparito, Papiamento the Conucucu House. There are other Aruban restaurants inland and in the South East of the Island which we forget the names of but provided fantastic spots with great food. Other restaurants provide good reliable food.

The Ostrich Farm is a bit boring and could be better done however if you have never been close to an Ostrich try it.

The Jolly Pirates sailing cruise is good fun and provides opportunities for snorkelling for people of all abilities - the trapeze swing is the best!

Take a Quad bike safari - great fun which gets you out into the national park area of the island and allows you to get to spots such as the natural pool you could not get to by car.

We flew KLM via Amsterdam from London. The service was first class and a very long flight was made enjoyable by the helpful and friendly crew who offered excellent service.

Overall, it was one of the best holidays we have ever had and would recommend it as an unusual, fun, interesting holiday destination."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of January 2006

enjoyed this resort

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We had a great time. The two pools were very good, the two hot tubs were large, the staff was frienly and we met some nice people there."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of January 2005

Great Resort for tired Execs!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Just got back last night and am up at this early hour to moisturize - you can't beat a 99% chance of sun and gentle winds!

Aruba is fantastic. It was the perfect salve for both my wife and my executive stresses. If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the wonderful tradewinds, a pool, a jacuzzi, and access to a restaurant and bar then CPV is for you.

We had a spacious one bedroom with two - count them - two bathrooms and a full kitchen that allowed me the freedom to explore the fruits and vegetables we don't have access to here, btw - the beef is outrageously good. As far as fruits and vegetables, I made a mango avocado salad which we ate on our terrace that was wild.

One gripe: Every silver cloud has a grey lining; Moomba beach was an odiferous sulfurous mess and the boats in the nearby pier lent a greasy diesel aroma to the experience, not to mention the soft silt in the sand that sucked in our feet.

The solution: Eagle Beach; we rented a car, packed a blanket, cooler, lunch, drinks, and headed to Eagle Beach, where we enjoyed privacy, no crowds, palm huts, and convenient parking. I'm sold. I love CPV, but I will never visit Moomba Beach again. I will always bring a beach chair, pack my goodies, and enjoy the otherworldy experience that is Aruba.

We checked around and no other beach was experiencing the conditions at Moomba.

PS. I had to take pictures of the beach to show my friends that you can be alone at the beach. Gotta go before I start crying. - Cheers."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of October 2004

Wonderful resort

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"This resort had group events like pool volleyball where we met some wonderful people. They had live entertainment on the pool courtyard one night that was WONDERFUL!! You will need a rental car as it is about a mile to the beach and gets quite hot during the day. The staff was friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of October 2004

PERFECT GET-AWAY SPOT

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"CPV is a perfect get-away spot to relax and enjoy the hot Aruban sun. Yes, it is a little far from the beach, and yes, the shuttle only runs twice a day . . . RENT A CAR! It's too hot in Aruba to walk anywhere . . . RENT A CAR. The resort was VERY clean, and the staff was very friendly. Security guards are at both entrances 24/7 - nice touch. Internet service in the lobby - also a nice touch; we could email our children daily. Front desk staff was always happy and eager to assist. Check-in and check-out was a breeze! Our "room" was more like a one-bedroom/two-bath apartment - HUGE! It was always quiet and always clean. The pools were very nice; clean and lots of lounge chairs available all the time with music playing most of the time. CONCLUSION - if you want to stay ON the beach, choose another resort; if you want to relax at the pool (not much else to do in Aruba, except shop the jewelry stores!), have a nice, clean place to stay with a friendly, Aruban staff - choose CPV! (FYI - don't rent an "economy" car - they have motors the size of a lawn mower! Go for the next size up.)"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

See for Yourself

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"I am a owner of the resort. My one-bedroom/2bath condo was wonderful. I faced the pool. The pools are very clean, the staff is wonderful. There are two places to eat there and across the street is a market that is reasonably priced if you want to put food in the kitchen. I was able to get to the beach with no problems. What I especially like about the resort is that it is not over crowded. I can relax and read. If I want to party I can easily get to one. I feel safe there. Next time I return in 2006, I go every other year, I plan to go alone to get some quiet R&R."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of September 2004

I have to agree!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My husband & I took a time share tour of this resort 2 yrs ago. It was old and very hard to get to the beach."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of September 2004

Needs More Shuttle Service

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We bought a timeshare there , fortunately did'nt spend to much on it . The restuarant there is very good , although a little over priced . The shuttle only runs twice a day , should run all day
to be a real resort. The staff I think are on vacation as well, not at all friendly , I was trying to get hold of some reservation staff there long distance (New York) all I get is an answering machine.
Then when I do get a hold of someone they are of very little help. Fortunately I can do exchanges with a few other resorts in the area. Understanding the broken English takes twice as long on the phone."Very Frustating" Buyer Beware."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2004

Caribbean Palm Village

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Caribbean Palm Village in mid-September of 2003.

We had a wonderful room - very large 2 bedroom.
While it was not the Ritz, it was clean, well maintained and did not smell.

The grounds were kept very clean as was the pool and surrounding pool area.

Would I stay there again - definitely yes."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2004

Waste vacation on CPV resort

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"We stayed at the Caribbean Palm Village Resort on the week of April 26th, 2003. The beach shuttle bus was only available Monday-Friday (two times a day, once to beach and once on the way back). There is no other way to get to the beach, except to rent a car. This resort is located too far from everything (nightlife, beaches, restaurants and entertainments. There was only one restaurant on the premises that had decent food but overpriced. ).
Our two bedroom suite was huge, but very old, with bad smell, all the time wet and faced utility area.
I wouldn't suggest this resort as a vacation place."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2004

thieves here too

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Bought a timeshare last year at Caribbean Palm Village...love the resort...a big factor was the safety of the island. Was told that the labor force was made up of Arubians. Car was broken into (side window smashed) while we snorkeled off the beach close to the fisherman's huts. Left cc and camera but took $800 in cash from shorts. Seems the new Marriott project led to hiring from other islands, and this is a common occurance. True/not true? Leave your $$ in hotel safe..or buy a waterproof waist pouch from Windys. Very upsetting experience...July 2004 visit."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of August 2004