The bedroom

A Little Sanctuary

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"After an invitation to Antigua for the holidays I decided to take the plunge. Airfare was really horrifically high & non stops flights were difficult to come by, and with just seven days to go before my trip I was able to find a seat. Now comes the hard part, finding a last minute quality hotel. With the help of reviews and some last minute inquiries I decided to try the Wind Chimes my first stay at an "inn" ever. The location worked perfectly (as my friends own a villa in Jolly Harbor & had family celebrations scattered in the St. John's area). From the start the owners/managers Collin & Simone were very helpful and welcoming. Total care & pride are taken to keep the Wind Chimes comfortable and clean. Nice pastel colors, contemporary solid wood/leather furnishings, micro wave/mini fridge and queen size bed are the ammenaties. Electric tea pot, small closet, iron, hair dryer and a small corner terrace (with a view of the runway) also made the stay (room #7) interesting. The bathroom was small, but modern and I never had a problem with water pressure. Cable TV with remote & AC and complementary continental breakfast (brought to your door each morning) completed the offerings. For the price (with tax slightly over $100.00 US) the Wind Chimes was a excellent choice. The only setback was no in room phone to make calls. Luckily for me I was traveling & party/house hopping with my friends so I spent very little time trying to make a phone call (just having a cup of tea at night, laughing at the days festivities and relaxing on the comfortable bed...great usage right?) The proximity to the airport is great for overnight stays & I slept really well, never had a real problem with the airport noise. If you're in need of a taxi or rental car, the Wind Chimes is located right next door to the Hertz center so you have options. Overall I'd say the Wind Chimes is a sweet little sanctuary if your in need of a low key, clean/bright short stay."

• Travel date: 4th January 2009

Excellent Inn

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"I visited Antigua from Canada and stayed at the Wind Chimes Inn. I found the location most convenient, it is close to the Airport also it’s easy to get to the city and other attractions in Antigua. Room accommodation is excellent, clean, comfortable bed, shower with hot and cold water, TV, wireless high speed internet connection and microwave. Delicious continental breakfast every morning. All of the above comes at an affordable price. I highly recommend the Wind Chimes Inn to all of my friends and business associates. Roy Singh (Toronto)"

• Travel date: 19th November 2008

Great Overnight Hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I had to overnight in Antigua on my way to Dominica as I could not get a direct connection with my Virgin flight. I stayed at the - Wind Chimes Inn - and I had a very comfortable night. It's a newly built hotel, close proximity to the airport which was great for me as I was leaving early the next morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated with AC, TV, Fridge, Microwave and a Coffee Service. The queen size bed was extremely comfortable as well. They even give you complimentary water in the fridge. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone was has to overnight in Antigua as the location and service are exceptional. I am visiting Tortola early next year and I have to overnight again in Antigua - I will be staying at the Wind Chimes Hotel."

• Travel date: 17th November 2008

Business Traveler Bargain

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"I've travelled to Antigua off and on for over 11 years. I stayed at the Wind Chimes Inn for a week and really enjoyed my stay. The Wind Chimes Inn is located close to the Airport and minutes from downtown. It was nice staying in a clean, modern place with cable television, a king size bed, hot water, and cold AC. Not to mention the free high-speed internet, cell phone, and continental breakfast to boot. The latter was served to my room each morning. The owners, Simone and Colin, are very nice and accommodating. I would highly recommend this place to any no nonsense business traveler."

• Travel date: 10th June 2008

Great for Business Travels

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Very affordable pricing, especially during the 'in season' & Stanford 20/20 Cricket Tournament. Every place here has higher 'in season' rates; except the Wind Chimes. The Inn is in close proximity to Airport, Stanford Cricket Grounds, and St. John's. The Inn was recently built, so it is very nice, very clean. The owners and staff are wonderful. Each morning one of the owners delivers your continental breakfast to your room; you actually choose what you want - muffins, croissants, pastries, and juice. The rooms have TV, small ice box, microwave, and teapot. Each room comes w/high-speed Internet - at no charge. The owners also provide use of a cell phone. Incoming calls are free; I had family contacting from the states and I did not use any minutes for the calls. All-in-all; this is a great place for the business travel needing close access to the airport or St John's, wanting a clean place, and needing an affordable rate."

• Travel date: 19th February 2008

A warm welcome

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"My mother and I stumbled across the Inn after our connecting flight was cancelled and we had to stay overnight in Antigua. This proved to be the ideal location for us, close to the airport to ensure we could get back without any delays and also ensure we spent the least amount of time in the airport. The owners Simone and her family were so welcomng from the moment they got our call, right up to when we left, Simone drove us to a nearby restaurant to get some food (as it was late by the time we arrived) and in the morning gave us a nice continental breakfast. The room was lovely and well appointed. The Inn is located near the end of the runway for the small planes, but they did not disturb us as they stopped flying at night and were interesting to look at in the morning. Simone and her husband and family turned what could have been a nightmare of being stranded in Antigua and not knowing anyone to a pleasant stay in a lovely room and meeting lovely people. Would I stay there again - definitely."

• Travel date: 31st December 2007