FANTASTIC

Reviewed Fri 13th of January 2012

"We visited in September 2011 for 10 days, my daughter was getting married here.Alistair and the staff were so helpful and kind, nothing was too much for us all.Blue Waters is in a fantastic location with beautiful views and my daughter's wedding was idylic.We stayed in a deluxe beachfront room all inclusive, it was so peaceful watching the Pelicans diving for fish from our balcony and I enjoyed sailing the catamaran out to the reef.The food was very good, varied with B-B-Q's as well as buffet style service and the Bartleys restuarent served beautiful far eastern food.We can definitely recommend Blue Waters.We are coming back in June this year!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of January 2012

8 family members stayed at Blue Waters,...

Reviewed Sat 12th of January 2008

"8 family members stayed at Blue Waters, ages ranging from 47 down to 18 months and had a fabulous 2 week stay. We had beach front rooms, which were both clean and roomy. Towels and bedding changed daily and the free mini bar restocked, with your preferred items, if you catch the room guy.

2 restaurants, the open air restaurant is the main dining area and we were given our own large table for the duration it was known by all the staff as ' the family table’. Fantastic service from Lucia and staff and many lovely meals with plenty of choice. Early evening meals are available for the children or if they wish to eat with you from 7pm onwards then they are very willing to cook fresh food of your choice for the children, such as pasta or freshly made fish fingers as needed. We ate at the adults only Al La carte restaurant 3 times, food and service was fabulous and treated ourselves a good bottle of wine, although the wine provided in the hotel is perfectly adequate it was nice to enjoy a really good bottle.

The babysitting service was excellent and after the first time when she arrived early to meet the children, we requested and got the same sitter.

Pools excellent, bar service excellent, especially the lovely Carolyn.

We hired a people carrier for 3 days and went out and about, the Antiguans all really friendly and the Sunday Shirley Heights evening is a must. Views and music great. Nelson dockyard and English Harbour beautiful and Bettys sugar plantation interesting. Jewellery purchases are at bargain prices, & we got a real bargain on a Tag watch for my husband in St John’s.

All in all a fantastic family holiday and a great hotel which every one of us loved. We very much hope to return.

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

Blue Waters Hotel is fabulous situated o...

Reviewed Fri 21st of July 2006

"Blue Waters Hotel is fabulous situated on the beach front with its own exclusive sandy beach. I would highly recommend it to all. Ideal for families and couples alike. Best to venture outside hotel with organised trips rather than going it alone just due to the poverty and crime a tourist could face.

The all inclusive package means all inclusive with good food available from 2 restaurants as well as lunch and snacks from poolside bar. Even the cocktails are included! The rooms are spacious and the best rooms overlook the sea at the beachfront location. Visit St. Johns town where the you'll find the jewelry quarter as such of Antigua - excellent value jewelry and usually genuine 14ct.

You'd never find those prices here in England. Go on a boat trip - highly recommended to truly appreciate this delightful Caribbean island.

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

With only 77 rooms, a very quite and Bea...

Reviewed Mon 26th of June 2006

"With only 77 rooms, a very quite and Beautiful hotel. The beaches are small but ideal (three).
The food and drink was very good.

The rooms are pleasant and clean (except under the bed, had to have this cleaned), the bathrooms basic, but for my wife and I first Caribbean holiday, unforgettable.

Traveled upper class with Virgin, very disappointed and the virgin agent on the Island stopped her involvement when we had booked a couple of trips (not a good return flight due to poor food and service and 4/5 flights leaving the airport at the same time on Saturday)

Just in love with the Caribbean. "

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

We stayed at the wonderful Blue Waters r...

Reviewed Wed 18th of January 2006

"We stayed at the wonderful Blue Waters resort on Antigua. The hotel was amazing, with 2 restaurants and many bars. Unlike other all-inclusive resorts, the restaurants were not buffet style, and the food was of the highest standard.

The only thing to detract from the hotel were the snooty reception staff. Everything seemed like a hassle to them, and they had a false sense of superiority. This really let the hotel down, which is a shame as everyone else were extremely pleasant.

Our major gripe was with Virgin, who operated the flights we were on. We were delayed at Gatwick for over 26 hours, and the level of misinformation was staggering. After sitting on the tarmac for 3 hours, we were unloaded and made to wait in various queues to receive a hotel reservation in Gatwick plus a meal voucher - this was considered ample compensation for one night all-inclusive on a Caribbean island!!!

They refused to upgrade anyone the next day, or even allow them into their lounge beforehand. On both flights, outbound and return, they had run out of the main meals and could only offer us the vegetarian, and refused to serve us with champagne saying they had none onboard despite seeing them taking some upstairs to First Class. Most airlines carry individual bottles of champagne/sparkling wine, but this seemed to be beyond them.

We got no-where with them after complaining directly, and only received minimal compensation from the insurance company despite paying for an extra night at a 5 star hotel which we couldn't use! They would not put us on a later flight to make up for the day lost from our holiday either. All in all, not very good customer service from Virgin at all!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006

Great resort. I went with my wife and 2...

Reviewed Sun 8th of January 2006

"Great resort. I went with my wife and 2 kids. We all agreed this was our best holiday. The food was great. There were two restaurants. One for adults only, al a carte and fine wines.

The other restaurant an outdoor affair with a view of the sea. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel offered free water sports such as sailing and scuba diving. To top it all off the scenery, views and location are idyllic."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of January 2006

This place is paradise

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This place is paradise.My wife and I celebrated our25th wedding anniversary in Blue Waters, the hotel was much more than we expected.The food was superb,the service was excellent,the staff polite and friendly,after only a few days they new our names and room number.The room was clean and spotless and had the most fantastic view.The water sports was excellent all the catamarans and lasers being in an excellent state unlike some places I have sailed.Having read some of the critisms of Blue Waters I can only say that the managment have such faith in the place that they introduce themselves to you frequently during the day and at diner,if you have a problem they are most helpful and do every thing to make you happy.I have come back so chilled and relaxed that a week later I am still not back in the real world.We will definately return."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of March 2004

"Heaven on Earth"

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We returned from our 3rd stay at Blue Waters a fortnight ago. Having always thought that the place was perfection itself - it just gets better!!

From the man who rakes the beach every morning up to the Management, the staff are extremely friendly and very efficient and make you feel that nothing is too much trouble. We have made many friends who return year after year and we look forward to seeing them again next year.

We have driven round the island and visited many of the other hotels on the Island over the last 3 years and have never found the urge to stay anywhere other than Blue Waters. In fact on our stay this year we met some people who had previously been at Blue Waters, tried Galley Bay last year and were back here again which speaks for itself.

The food, accomodation and the atmosphere are second to none and we find it difficult to see how it could be improved in any way, however we understand that some refurbishments are due to be completed this Autumn.

Alastair & Pippa Brown, East Yorkshire, England"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of March 2004

Good hotel, but could do better

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Blue Waters is one of the best hotels on Antigua and we spent a very pleasant week there in February. Rooms are fine, especially with ocean view, service generally good with one or two exceptions and grounds extremely pleasant. Upstairs restaurant less busy than downstairs but similar quality of food in reality. Biggest issue for us was the smallness of the beach and the lack of walks just outside the hotel.
Very Caribbean problems occurred during our stay such as electricity blackouts and a problem with drains but they were dealt with effectively. For us this hotel was not as good as the Calabash on Grenada or Jalousie Hilton on St Lucia but better than the Royal St Lucian. Perhaps similar level as the Colony Club on Barbados"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of March 2004

I was disappointed

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"The good news--our deluxe, ocean-front room had a wonderful view of the ocean. The bad news--it was certainly not "deluxe". It was average, and the bathroom and closet had a very moldy smell. We paid 400 US per night (not on the food plan) and found when we checked out that 76 US was added every night for tax and service. This added considerably to our bill.

The grounds are beautiful and well cared for, but there is very little beach, so you can't have a good "stroll". Overall, the resort is peaceful, quiet and relaxing. It also has a very large staff. With a few exceptions, the staff members were kind and helpful."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of March 2004

Fantastic

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Before visiting Blue Waters I read allof the reviews here and I have to say was a little disturbed by s glad some of the comments but having already booked had to take my holiday and I am so very glad I did it was the best and most relaxing holiday we have had .We , my husband , daughter (15) and her friend stayed for 12 nights .Here is my review The staff were wonderful , I was suprised that after only two days many of them knew our names and treated us as though we had been there many times before .The food was delicious , very well presented and I have to say some of the dishes rated as highly as some top restaurants worldwide . The rooms were of a good standard immaculately clean and with superb sea views . The main areas were delightful and gardens a joy to walk around . There were two weddings during our stay but these were private affairs and did not intrude upon our holiday .The beaches and pool areas were never crowded and there was always the opportunity of finding a place to be alone .The hotel lends itself to a more discerning traveller , looking to unwind and enjoy a real holiday in a fantastic enviroment .My only dissapointment -not within the control of the hotel was the sea a beautiful colour but too murkey to snorkle . We have been travelling to the Caribbean for the last 23 years .We have stayed at .......Eastwinds St Lucia, St James Club Antigua , Jalousie Hilton , La Source Grenada,Shaw Park Jamaica ,Carlisle Bay ( the original ) Antigua.None of these hotels rates as highly !!! Thankyou to all at Blue Waters ,we will return"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of February 2004

Beautiful!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I carefully picked Blue Waters as the location for my wedding/honeymoon/vacation and was not dissapointed! I had a total of 12 people staying at the hotel and we all experienced the same thing - overall excellent service, friendly staff, immaculate grounds, wonderful food, excellent house wines (crucial if you're on the all-inclusive plan), beautiful location..the list goes on. Among those in my group, we've collectively been to most of the islands in the Carribean and Blue Waters would land on the tops of all our lists. We can't wait to go back...

If you're looking for a georgeous wedding location - the gazebo at Blue Waters is perfect. The wedding coordinator takes care of everything for you and pulls off a flawless event.

I'd like to particularly point out the staff - I saw comments about the staff on this site and others commenting on how Antigua is not a friendly island? All I can say is - maybe you get what give because I found the staff and the people I interacted with outside the hotel among the friendliest I've ever encountered. From the taxi drivers, to the shopkeepers and especially the staff - I was noting but impressed with the lengths they went to to talk to you and keep you happy.

The main beach seems small but when you consider how many people are staying at the hotel, it's a reasonable size. There are two pools (one adults only), three beaches total, and seating on the jetty. The staff usually tried to bring water down to the beach and took drink orders as often as possible.

The rooms were nice and I did not have a problem with people passing by my room - the hotel was overall very quiet (although there is music every night until 11 PM so if you want to turn in early, forget about it). The rooms were clean and I had no difficulties getting towels.

My only real complaint is this - the drinks were a bit weak. And the only negative experience I had with staff is regarding dress for dinner & lunch. The staff is a little picky about how you dress (shoes required -even if you sit out on the patio) and pants for men are a must for dinner. We were questioned our first night at dinner (and not too politely, either) because my fiance did not have pants on (he did have on shorts:) Our airlines had lost our luggage and all he had was shorts - and we were not in the mood to be questioned.

I loved Blue Waters and like I said, can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2004

Hotels near Blue Waters Antigua

Top traveller tips for Blue Waters Antigua

• octavia by octavia

"Hire a car and visit the island. "

Blue Waters Antigua is also called