The Second Pool at the Seaview Patong Hotel

Good

Now that's what I call service

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"We have just returned from a fantastic "second time around" holiday at the Seaview Patong Hotel. We found the hotel staff tentative and caring, and the service is excellent to say the least. There is nothing that they are not willing to help with. The first time we were there, they arranged our “2nd” wedding. It was exactly what we wanted and they planned it to perfection (we wanted a traditional Thai wedding). The hotel sent three staff members to attended the wedding with us so that they could translate and take photos etc. they even arranged our traditional wedding outfits for us. We went back this year for our anniversary. The hotel staff recognised us and within an hour of us booking in, some of the staff that previously helped us out, were there to greet us and presented me with a bouquet of roses. The rooms are tastefully decorated, with attention to the smaller details. We managed to peek into different rooms and have a look. Both times the room we were booked into had a fantastic view over the sea and bay, and we woke up to the sound of the waves every morning, what a way to start each day. The planning to the hotel design is amazing, as they have a "quieter" side with totally different views of the mountains and lush gardens. There are two pools in the hotel, one with a Jacuzzi and water feature which is a little more intimate, the second which is huge and absolutely beautiful, also had a water feature and were we spent many hours. The pool staff were attentative and there when you needed them, as well as mysteriously around in the background when you wanted peace and quite. They also have a fantastic memory and if you ordered a drink you didn't have tell them next time what you wanted. I noticed that the pool staff also took special care of the children that were there and kept a very watchful eye over them. There is a stunning spa in the hotel, which takes care of all the beauty needs required, from dealing with my wedding day preparations (hair, makeup, and helping me get dressed) to the running of a outstanding spa with amazing different treatments. Thailand is know for it’s massages and there are many just around the corner at cheaper prices, but you get what you pay for. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning as the “spread” was amazing. My hubby and I have very different tastes when it comes to food, and we were both extremely happy with the choices that were there. The hotel has special dinners e.g. Seafood platters at special prices and it was hard to beat when you start comparing freshness and price to other restaurants in the area. One evening, I did eat lobster at another restaurant, which I was informed of was fantastic, but looking back at the price and the meal, it was the same and it would have saved me a “walk”. I must admit that as this wasn’t the first time we were in Thailand, I had found some fruit that I loved, and one day had purchased it at the local market, only to find in my hotel room that I didn’t have a knife to cut it open. I went down to the kitchen to ask them to cut it open for me, which they obliged and when I looked it was beautifully presented in a takeaway container. Guess what was on the breakfast table for me the next morning…… my favorite fruit. Now that’s what I call service. I have travelled extensively in my own country as well as overseas and stayed in many hotels, but this one sticks in my mind as “you are welcome” and when I am in the area, will definitely be booking in again. It took my hubby two months last year to phone me at work one day and ask if I wanted to go and book us in again, let’s see how long it takes him this time…..….. and he tells me I am the fussy one???? (we flew back yesterday, 26th September 2007)"

• Travel date: 27th September 2007

Just go and enjoy !!!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We went to celebrate our 35th anniversary. From the door step smiling faces welcome us. All we wanted is to sleep. We booked a standart room . It was a good size and very clean. Nice and quiet looking at the garden on the 2nd floor. Next door were smokers and I could not stand it the smell so they gave us a room at groung level, beach front view and pool view. A bit noise but it was great We enjoyed breakfast It was large and excellently decorated. Comparing with others hotels this was a 5 stars breakfast!!! They provide you with a beach bag and 2 beach towels dayly We asked for spare towels one nigth because we were going to an excursion very early in the morning and they respond as a flash Few times we had dinner over , it was very good for me because I have a lot of restriccions with my diet but somehow they managed to make it tasty and attractive. I did not like the beach. I loved the people. Even if it was a rainy season it was warm enough to be in the pool or in the sea. It was cloudy at times and twice rained cat and dogs for a full day. When the sun showed up it was hot!!! Somehow is plenty to do regardless the wheather. We won a voucher for a free week holiday in Absolute so we will definitifely came back"

• Travel date: 12th September 2007

Great Place

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"I've never done the resort hotel thing, or the lie around on a beach thing, so this was new to me. I went to Phuket with some friends. Some of us stayed here, the others stayed somewhere else. This place was great. I had a single room, which was huge with a huge bed. My balcony overlooked one of the pools and had a treed view of the beach even though I was just on the second floor. My friends got a double and it was on the 3rd floor with a great view of the beach. There are two pools, both very good. The beach is right across the street. I booked the room through [--]and got a great deal (it was off-season, though). I stayed 6 nights, but paid for just 4 at the off-season rate. It was totally worth the money. The service was always friendly, saying hello to you and smiling. I found the buffet breakfast to be exceptional. Maybe it's because I've lived in Asia so long, but having pancakes, bacon, french toast, waffles, juice, fresh fruit and so much more for the taking was always a morning delight. They even had an omlete station. Other than that, the restaurant was overpriced and not that great, but there are tons of options down the road. The spa is also heavily over-priced. You can get a massage in town for a fraction of the price. But that's to be expected. The hotel is on the southern extreme of Patong beach. I went out to Bangla road and other areas every night and didn't have a problem walking the 10-15 minutes. You can get a scooter ride home for a couple of bucks, or a tuk-tuk for 5$ or so with friends, which in themselves are events. I liked the remoteness of it because patong can be a little too much at times if you're just looking to relax. There's a 24 hour 7/11 a few doors down as well. There was security, I saw them, but I guess they knew my friends and I were guests. We just walked through the pool area home each late night without hassle. Actually, I ate breakfast 6 mornings in a row without ever showing my card. They say the pool is closed at 7pm, I guess because there are rooms right there leading into the pool. But we had no trouble having a dip in the middle of the night after a few drinks. We were quiet and respectful, and I think the security was, too. I saw others do this at other times, too. I like that. It shows the staff just wanted everyone to have a good time. I'd recommend renting a scooter and going to other beaches at least some days. You can get one for 200baht/day and see much better scenery. I wasn't even that impressed by the nightlife in Patong. It's fun for a couple of nights, but even as a young guy the scene gets old. I guess if you want to be an 18 year old fratboy forever this is the place. The other areas are fantastic, though. Don't be afraid of dirt roads or steep hills. Thanks to the South African in the jeep who told me to brave the dirt hill down to that gorgeous secluded beach. I'll let you find that one on your own."

• Travel date: 18th August 2007

Will definately be back

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Even thoug it was a year since i stayed in this hotel, i really loved it! I was travelling on my own and the staff were extremely friendly and courteous from the moment i got out of my taxi. The rooms were immaculate as was the service. The pool areas were kept in great condition too. Even though the hotel was a 10min walk from the centre of Patong i didn't mind as it was in a nice quiet area and i felt safe there. the veiw from my room was of the sea and it was just so relaxing. There were a number of good discounts that i recieved when i checked in for the bar and food and spa services! I can't wait to go back and stay there again in 2008."

• Travel date: 20th July 2007

still good

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"this is our second time at this hotel and it was just as good as first time ,staff so friendly.could not do enough for you ,rooms clean. beds clean .meals at hotel very good a nice choice to pick from.hotel end patong beach so is quiet ,but 10 min walk takes you to all shops bars .and plenty places to eat out .over road from hotel is the beach .with sun beds if you don't want to stay around the great pool at the hotel"

• Travel date: 13th June 2007

I loved this hotel!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I stayed at the Seaview Patong for almost three weeks in May and had a marvellous time. The room was very spacious and had a large double bed. Pleasant furnishings and comfortable bathroom. The water pressure from the shower was good too! The beach/pool towels were in a handy basket. I enjoyed their 'green' policy of only changing the linen if you wanted them to. I was in a sea facing room overlooking the smaller of the two swimming pools on the fourth(top) floor. The room had a nice balcony with two chairs and a little table. There was a well stocked fridge/minibar as well as a room safe. TV channels were plentiful and the aircon worked well. The staff at the front desk were always courteous, despite there sometimes being a little difficulty with understanding English. They always called someone to help if they weren't entirely sure what you were getting at! The breakfast was fantastic, with choices for a variety of palates. The only downside was that the breakfast staff serving at the tables were a little surly .. particularly if one arrived just after 1000! This was rather irritating as the breakfast session officially only ended at 1030! They were trying to clear your table before you'd even started! The room cleaning staff were most courteous and the rooms were well cleaned daily. I had room service twice and the food was prepared well and served quickly. The pool areas have sufficient loungers and it is nice to have a 'sitting' ledge on the smaller pool where one could sit in the water and read if one so wished. The pool area is immaculately kept and I awoke one morning and saw the pool staff taking the dead blooms off the plants! Talk about attention to detail! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Seaview and can't wait to go back. I highly recommend this hotel. It is in the quieter part of Patong but only a ten minute walk from Soi Bangla and the wild night life! I was initially due to stay for ten days but extended my stay as the hotel and destination was so good."

• Travel date: 4th June 2007

Reasonable Hotel

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Just returned from our trip to Seaview Patong - first week spent on Starcruise Gemini. The hotel was nice and in a good position. Patong is very noisy and in your face so it was nice to return to the hotel for a bit of peace and quiet. We had a room on the front of the hotel which was a bit noisy with advertising vehicles coming up and down the road (turning at the roundabout outside the hotel) with loud speakers. Our teenagers thoroughly enjoyed the bars and nightlife but it was not really for us. Breakfast in the hotel was ok - there was plenty of choice. The staff in the breakfast room were pretty miserable at times though! The rooms were nicely furnished and fairly comfortable. The cruise was fantastic - especially Singapore and Langkawi. We will definitely return to the Far East at some time in the future."

• Travel date: 16th April 2007

Great Hotel and Location

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in March 2007 for our late honeymoon. (Aged 26 and 34) The hotel, location, rooms and service was top class The layout of the hotel was nice. The hotel had 2 swimming pools and also enough beds for every to use. No need to get up at the crack of down to grab a sun bed! Our room was nice and we had a great view over looking Patong beach. The hotel also had some nice pool rooms i.e step out of your room and into the pool. Food was great. Breakfast was really good. Sitting outside watching the sun come up. Also we had room sevice once. Good price compared to English prices! Location was great. It was about a 10-15mins walk into the center of Patong. I would defo book this hotel again"

• Travel date: 9th April 2007

loved it!

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"i stayed here for 7 days and i thought it was great. its just at the end of patpong beach but i would rather stay here away from all the hustle and bustle, and its only a 5 minute walk to the main area. the hotel is really clean, staff friendly, and the buffet breakfast is a good start to the day! i would definately recommend people to stay here."

• Travel date: 31st January 2007