Absolutely fabulous!

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"My chap and I spent 4 smashing days at Relax before heading to Ao Nang near Krabi for a week, whilst we were visiting friends in Singapore. I must admit I was concerned about the resort after reading some comments, but very happy to say that the place is fantastic and we are so glad we stayed there. Yes the accomodation is maybe a bit basic, but I loved the rooms with the mosquito nets, and did not get bitten once! We didn't unpack really for the days we were there and were glad of a hotel with aircon and hot showers when we arrived in Krabi, but I have to say that Phi Phi Relax will forever be a favourite because of its general location and the fact that the staff could not be more helpful. It is ridiculously cheap (in my opinion), they arranged boat trips for you, we ate the most fantastic food, wonderful cocktails, and we did not bother going into Ton Sai at all, but lazed on the beach (where the snorkelling was the best) and enagaged in some light hearted hammock wars with the other guests. All in all, I can not recommend this place enough - Andrew was great, and obviously this place is successful as it was full over the Xmas period. Long may it continue, I will be telling others!!"

• Travel date: 8th January 2008

Great location, average accomodation

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Amazing location, a really great part of our trip. Thought beach huts were ok at the time but was then blown away by the second place we stayed at on phi phi (viking resort). Food is very good, staff are a bit rude at times. It did also feel at times that they just want to get as much money out of you as possible."

• Travel date: 7th December 2007

Unspoiled beach

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"When we first arrived I was disappointed because e the electricity is only turned on from 1800 to 2300 hrs and you take cold showers, the beach is awesome, very private, not too many bugs, the day trips they offered around the islands via long tail boat helped me keep my sanity on that very quiet place. i loved the high bungalows, They will play Bob Marley at the bar in the evenings as you sip on a very deliciously mixed drink or have your lukewarm beer. Food is OK and very fresh, the staff is friendly and one guy in particular named Andrew speaks fluent English, he is a cool dude. so, if you like tranquility, cristal clear water, quiet, privacy don't mind the cold showers and laid back attitude this resort is for you."

• Travel date: 20th October 2007

Nicest people, nicest resort!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"My girlfriend and me stayed here in sept and had a sea view bungalow. One word, fantastic!!! We arrived at Tonsai pier and were greeted by Anek (great bloke) then we were taken to the resort. The long tail boat ride to relax was about 30 mins, which was nice because we got to see the island. Upon arrival we were taken to our room. The rooms are basic but very nice and clean. You have a cold shower with no electricity till 6 pm but, you have a beautiful beach with the best snorkelling on the island to keep you busy till then. The food is great here though it is slightly pricier than the town, same with boose. The walk to viewpoint is well worth it, though stock up on the mosquito repellant!!! lots about on route to the top. Andrew (one of the guys there) can arrange any trip you want to do and Guy the barman (Guy) can do any cocktail possible. Great place to meet nice people, great place to enjoy isolation. We will return next year for sure. Thank you Andrew + Anek + Guy. A truely RELAXING experience. Pros- Great atmosphere, good food, nice beach, nice people Cons- boat trip to town can get tedious"

• Travel date: 17th September 2007

OK, lovely location, basic and very quiet

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Stayed here in Jan 2006, only managed 1 night as it was to remote for me and my boyfriend. Location is very remote which some will love, the bungalows are very basic but what you would expect for 700-1000baht a night. Also note that the electricity is turned off at night so it is pitch black. The location makes up for it if you are looking for a secluded beach there is a bar/restaurant and drinks in the evening around the fire is fab. Overall, if you want to be within distance of a bit of life this may not be for you, but the location is stunning, people friendly and it is very peaceful."

• Travel date: 30th August 2007

Minimal and not for light stomachs

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Negatives: Staff showers in the same room in which they cook. One gentleman actually walked out of the kitchen with only has bath towel around his waist. He then reappeared from the kitchen fully dressed 5 min. later. Sink drains onto floor (onto your feet) Bed probably contains enough accumulated sweat that mattress may actually be alive. Beach is not great, with coral right up to shore so walking into water is not an option without sandals or shoes. Staff are friendly but not really observant to guests. It seems more like a job for them to provide service. Power not coming on until 6 pm is okay, but when it goes off at 12 am, the loss of the fan makes it difficult to sleep. Bring a flashlight if you expect to have to visit the washroom at night (or just go outside to do your business under the moonlight). If you want to relax on the beach, bring your own towel. Only bath towels are provided. All four of us that went spend a lot of time back country camping and roughing it, but at least with backcountry camping you are dealing with your own gear and only nature's "dirt". Relax beach adds the human uncleanliness to the picture. Upsides: Food was good (if you can overcome the staff showering in "kitchen"). Looks nice from the ocean. We were planning to stay three nights but only stayed one. Rates are cheap enough that we didn't mind swallowing the two nights fee. Although we didn't do the 1-1.5 hrs walk into Phi Phi village, we ran into others that did. The hike sounded enjoyable, but you will be hot and the shower at the resort doesn't offer much refreshment."

• Travel date: 9th June 2007

Quiet Paradise

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Don't beleive the hawkers when you get ioff the boat who tell you you will get bitten laive here- it is not truw. The location of Relax beach resort is even more beautiful than the pictures. Pluses Water is amazingly aqua Not many people so you truly feel like you are on a deserted island relaxing on a hammock Great barman who makes sure your stay is fantastic family who run it are very welcoming and helpful Nice and good value food Island boat trips are great Minuses The bungalows are basic so expect that Elec is only on for a couples of hours after 6 (so be prepared for a beach bum look) Tip- Pay more and get one of the beach front bungalows with the daybeds on the front"

• Travel date: 10th May 2007

A Bit Pricey For What It Is

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"While there is no doubt that Relax Beach Resort has a lovely setting, a good restaurant and is away from the horrors of Ton Sai Village I did think personally that it was a little expensive for the actual bungalow. Most of them face the beach but there are 2 that stand directly behind the kitchen and generator that also face the other bungalows making it difficult to let the breeze in while maintaining some kind of privacy. The only bungalows that have a patio with relaxing cushions and some alternative to the limited shaded areas on the beach are the beachfront bungalows. When you get out of the longboat be quick to get to reception to ensure you are not the one that ends up listening to the hum of the generator. We went directly back to reception as soon as we found that we were in one of the generator rooms. The woman on reception knew what we were going to say before we even opened our mouths. Still it was preferable to being offered a tent for an evening because although people are picked up in good faith from the pier in the main village that there are available rooms this is not always the case. You get to pay 200 baht for the tent as well. I experienced both bungalows and was much happier on the beachfront. The bathrooms in both could do with a little tarting up. A bit of tiling goes a long way and is not that expensive. Maintenance is all part of good business practise. I noticed while there that other bungalows are being built. The beach is not that big and also has frequent visitors from other parts of the island throughout the day. Bearing in mind that this place is called 'Relax.' My last contentious point is the rubbish on the beach. One of my morning duties was picking it up. Although I am not adverse to picking up litter I am a paying guest and it is not what I expect to have to do on my holiday. I would like to end on a good note - the guy that works in the bar tells some great fishing stories. Ask him about Marlin. Hilarious."

• Travel date: 16th April 2007

Amazing beach and bungalows!

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"I stayed in this resort i night, but it was one of the best places i went during my trip in Thailand. The beach is amazing andthe water is so blue. You feel like you are alone in that beach, because there are just few people who stay there. So the sand and the water are very clean and are only for you. Its a place where you can go with your girlfriend and have a very nice and lonely night, noone is going to [--] you. The only bad experience during that day is the boat you have to take from phi phi, we almost die because it was in the night and the waves were very high and we thought the oat was going to sink."

• Travel date: 11th April 2007

Fantastic little paradise beach resort

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2007. We arrived by ferry from Phuket onto Ko Phi Phi Don where we were met by someone from the bungalows who led us to a long tail boat. The journey was about 10mins until we reached the resort. The view on arrival is of crystal clear water, lovely little beach and wooden huts backed by jungle. In the hut you have a bed with mosquito net and a bathroom. The electricty does not come on until 6pm but this is not a problem. At night I found it hard to sleep though as the hut is made from bamboo with cracks in the floor etc so I was a bit wary of creepy crawlies flying around the room. Apart from that I loved it. You can snorkle in the sea and there are some colourful fish to see. There is a little wooden restaurant where you have to eat all meals as there is nowhere else but there is a good selection of Thai and Western food. There is also a little wooden bar which you can have a drink at at night while playing connect 4 or one of the other games they have or sit on the wooden benches on the beach by the candlelight. Its an early to bed early to rise kind of place. I used to wake around 6am and used go to the beach and watch the sun rise..it really was amazing. Phi Phi Don is a FANTASTIC destination in my opinion."

• Travel date: 6th March 2007

Hotels near Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort

Phi Phi Relax Beach Resort is also called

• relax beach resort
  • relax beach resort phi phi
  • relax beach resort koh phi phi