Grand Sea View

Good
Good

chic and Cozy

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"what can i say ? it was my second trip to pattaya and i really love this city but i wanted a hotel that makes me feel comfortable.and i was in other hotels before.they were good too , but this one was the best.and let me tell you .the beach the sea...and ofcourse there was a pool near the tennis court that maybe 6 or 7 person were there,so it was really cozy and we had a great time(probably it won't be much cozy after me writing this;)).i hope that i could live in pattaya forever but the rules of Thailand are strickt and you have to be over certain age and i 'm only 23...but i'm sure if i go there for the third time ( i certainly will go to THE LAND OF SMILLE ) over and over again, i 'll choose Royal Cliff hotel again.so enjoy your time there and remember to get a foot massage and for your kids go to the Royal garden shopping center,there are some games there and for ladies or even men to shop, if you want the brands like Benetton , Miss sixty , Giordano ,Playboy , Camel , Jeep,,,,etc you can go to royal garden too and if you want to buy something cheaper you can go to Mike or Big C or Lotus ....don't forget the Tiffani show ..you can't leave thailand unless you watch this show."

• Travel date: 5th April 2009

a wonderful experience! Yet again

Reviewed 23rd January 2013

"We have returned from our 6th visit to The Royal Cliff Grand - it is just such a wonderful experience. All the staff are so obliging and really cannot do enough for you. It really is the most relaxing holiday we have. In fact, we do hardly anything except enjoy ourselves!! It was very quiet when we were there, which is how we like it. We were there for three weeks and for one week The Lions had their AGM which meant that 1500 guests were there for seminars etc. It was all handled with such extreme precision that it really made no difference to us. Everyone seemed to be having such a good time. Which is what it is all about. The staff, from management to gardeners are all so pleasant and nothing is too much trouble. On previous visits we have done a lot of day trips etc but this time we just lazed. It is certainly a magnificently run establishment. Our thanks and wishes, as always to all concerned. Busy planning next years visit!!!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2008

Whole Resort to yourself - go in July

Reviewed 21st January 2013

"Pattaya might not be your ideal holiday destination – but actually it’s not that bad especially if you stay at a safe distance from the Pattaya Beach itself. Depends of course what you are looking for. If you are after a couple of days escape from Bangkok or a relaxing resort experience I doubt that there are any better options in Pattaya than Royal Cliff with its four separate hotels spread around a huge area in between Jomtien and Pattaya beaches. It’s far enough from the madness of Pattaya’s Beach Road – but still within easy access. And especially during rainy season (northern hemisphere summer) you might have nearly the whole hotel to yourself as there are very few other customers around. At least during my stay all hotels were nearly empty – giving the few customers a royal treatment indeed. Hotels within the Royal Cliff compound There are four hotels within this huge area (in order of opulence): 1. Royal Wing & Spa 2. Royal Grand & Spa 3. Royal Terrace and finally 4. Royal Beach Royal Beach is a **+ property, Royal Terrace ***, Royal Grand and Spa **** and finally Royal Wing *****. This is my own classification and applicable only between there properties. Public spaces are joint between the properties except for the pools. Residents at Royal Grand & Spa and Royal Wing & Spa have their own dedicated pools out of which the pool at Royal Wing is the best, second by the Royal Grand & Spa. In addition to the four hotel properties there is a joint health club some 500 metres away from the hotels with its pools and gyms at additional (minor) cost. Courtesy busses run to and from the health club. Even if you don’t venture outside of the compound there is enough to do for at least a week without getting bored. Royal Cliff Grand & Spa Possibly the biggest of the properties Royal Cliff Grand has sea view rooms only. My room was facing Cosy Beach (a small stretch of sand between Pattaya and Jomtien) but it’s worth asking a room with pool view as from the high up rooms you might get a view over to Pattaya Beach. Additionally pool view rooms face afternoon and evening sun which you may want to enjoy at your own balcony. Lobby Outdated and cold (I’m not talking about the temperature) lobby is right from the late 80’s/early 90’s. They should have updated it a long time ago. Lobby area is the most unwelcoming part of the place. Room I stayed at Grand Club Sea View Room which supposedly differs from standard room (Club Sea View Room) only by the size of bathroom. Room was spacious and in good order. Not really 5-star furnishing but excellent 4-star value. TV-set was newly updated LCD but the available TV channels were crap: only news and business channels which one might not expect in a resort hotel. Balcony and views were exceptional. Service As it was very quiet at the hotel staff to guest ratio was possibly somewhere 100 to 1. Hence the service was excellent and even to a point of being a little too much: thai Wais at every corner, greeted by you name etc. It’s exceptional but which at some point started to feel a little too much. Conclusion and recommendation If you like to stay at the heart of Pattaya mayhem (in good and in bad) then there is no better place than Marriott Pattaya Resort. Or in the future in dusitD2 when it opens next door to Marriott. However Royal Cliff offers more to those who want to keep some distance to what’s going on in Sois (alleys) of Pattaya proper. Royal Cliff may be touristy at high season but so are all the other properties in Pattaya. Sheraton which is located next door to Royal Cliff might be a bit more upscale than Royal Grand & Spa but if it’s utmost luxury you are looking for Royal Wing & Spa might offer the same and a little bit more just because of the sheer size of the combined hotel compound."

• Travel date: 26th July 2008

Update from last review

Reviewed 8th January 2013

"We have just come back from the Royal Cliff Grand and i can say that my review of last November is equally correct now. The service and friendliness that everyone gets from the staff in this hotel is absolutely fantastic."

• Travel date: 17th March 2008

Best Resort- True 5 Star Experience

Reviewed 7th January 2013

"We stayed at the Royal Cliff Grand and Spa in January 2008. We had the Grand Club Sea View Room. Without a doubt this is the finest hotel/resort we have been to and we have been around the world and stayed at many a 5 star properties. The service received was impeccable- true 5 star service in every way. From the moment we checked in and throughout our stay it was a memorable experience. We found that the restaurants at the Grand and Spa were wonderful and very reasonable for a true 5 star property. The resort has multiple hotels- be sure to stay at the Royal Cliff Grand and Spa as the other hotels, especially the Royal Cliff Beach Resort, get a lot of negative reviews because of the unruly Russians that frequent that hotel. The General Manager of the Grand and Spa indicated that the Beach Resort gets a lot of tour groups ."

• Travel date: 5th February 2008

Fantastic Experience

Reviewed 7th January 2013

"This hotel & local shopping will be our annual Holiday Destination. We will most definitely be spreading the word, being our 1st time here the experience was fantastic & want to experience it every year with our friends & family. We were very, very impressed Alex, Chelsea & our 2 kids"

• Travel date: 24th January 2008

We got ripped off staying over New Year's Eve

Reviewed 10th January 2013

"Be very careful about their compulsory dinners if you stay over Christmas. We arrived on New Year's eve to a compulsory gala dinner. On arriving I could see they'd gone all out and it occurred to me it would probably cost $US80 or maybe even $160 although it clearly wasn't worth the later price as the quality of the entertainment wasn't high and drinks weren't included. I would have expected a similar quality dinner in NZ to cost about $100 US a head including drinks although had I spent that much I would have not felt it was value for money. However, they actually hit us for $US500 a head!!!!! And you had no choice whether to attend or not The music kept us and our toddler up until 2am after 20 hours of travel so we probably would have paid $80 US a head to have had a slice of bread and no music. We chose to spend extra to stay here because we thought it would be worth it since travelling with a toddler but the pools were not actually appropriate to a toddler. The food we had on that first night was nice but not so great that we decided to return to dine at any of their restaurants. Staff were typical Thai friendly and all loved our little toddler. There were zillions of them but not many with good English. It's a good place to stay if you are rich (or work is paying) but not if you just want to be spoilt a little bit while you are on holiday as you will pay 10 times as much for any item of food or drink bought on the premises that you would just over the fence + you get a measly ration of tea bags/ coffee / water and every item of linen / towelling is labeled with warnings about how much they'll charge you if you take it so you don't really feel spoilt. Oh yeah, and some of the advertised pools are not available if you only pay $US260 a night."

• Travel date: 21st January 2008

Most helpful staff in all services

Reviewed 2nd January 2013

"Most helpful staff in all services. Internet facilities Wi-Fi in the suite-all worked flawless. Most enjoyable stay I would recommend the hotel to all seeking good level comfort and courteous service. Nino Tager"

• Travel date: 11th January 2008

Happy memories

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We arrived at the Royal Cliff Grand & Spa purely by accident as the hotel we were booked into turned out to be a great disappointment. We just could not have stayed here as it was dirty and very shabby. We were recommended to the Royal Cliff and made our way there by taxi to see if there was way availability huskily for us we were met by GRO who booked us into our room which turned out to be just wonderful. The service we have been given has been second to none, with staff all around the most polite and helpful. After what had been a very bad staff in Pattaya, things certainly changed for the better once we were here! We will certainly go home with happy memories of our stay in Pattaya-thanks to the Royal Cliff Grand & Spa. Linda R"

• Travel date: 10th January 2008

Our second home

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Royal Cliff Grand Hotel in Pattaya , the name "Grand "says it all, my wife and I have been fortunate enough to have stayed at the Royal Cliff Hotel for many years , our first delightful experiece was in June 1987 and from there on in "we were hooked" , there is hardly a year goes buy that we don't spend at least spend 10- 14 days there ,what we like about the Royal Cliff is, the warm and friendly feeling that hits you as soon as you enter the Hotel lobby, I suppose we could say that it like a second home to us, the room is always nice , very clean and well looked after,the Management and Staff are always very friendly , very helpful , very polite, there is nothing that we aware that is to much trouble for the Management and Staff at the Cliff , when it comes food and eating at the Cliff, the dinning there has always been a absolutely pleasure,there are so many differant styles of food to choose from , French, Indian, Thai , Italian , Chinese , my wife and reakon that there isn't another hotel in the World that can compare with the gourmet delights that you experience at the Cliff ."

• Travel date: 25th November 2007

Living Hell

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel for 1 night following my 3 days in the Peninsula Bangkok. To be fair, the staff are very polite and willing to try to help. However, we had some awful experiences that couldn't be overcome by the welcoming staff. 1. Popcorn leftovers on sofa - hellooooo? 2. Bed sheet with a hole - it is a tiny hole but I wouldn't imagine a self-claimed luxury hotel would offer their guests a worn out sheet? 3. Noises in the corridor during the midnight - guests were running and screaming at wired hours, though it is indeed out of their control, bad sound insulation play its part. 4. Bad shower - though not a major issue, the water temperature just never stays constant for 2 minutes, its either way too hot or cold. 5. No help with transportation - since I don't speak the language, I have asked the hotel to ring up a local number to arrange some transportation for us to Bangkok, and I would have thought that this is what every hotel would and should do for their customers. This hotel, surprisingly, wants to charge me 8 Baht for making a phone call. When I questioned why, they replied me that its because the company "does not have connection with them", indicating that the hotel couldn't receive commission from them. And that the only transport they would arrange for us is their limo service which cost a ridiculous 3,800 Baht (1st class buses cost no more than 130 Baht per head). The staff did politely suggest us to take a bus from the Pattaya station yet they won't arrange a taxi to pick us up - and as always, the only option is their overly priced limo service. Perhaps we were spoiled by the Peninsula, or perhaps we booked a room but not a suite, the Royal Cliff is run down and old, it probably was beautiful when it first built. We have also saw some wired scene in there too: man with only a towel standing outside his room, girl taking a walk in her pajamas around in the lobby etc... It seems to us that the only concern of the Royal Cliff is to make money and not to provide top class vacation experiences. I gave 2/5 only because due to the politeness of the staff, otherwise it wouldn't worth anything more than 1/5. I will never ever go back to the hotel or Pattaya again."

• Travel date: 16th April 2007

Our number one favourite hotel in the world

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We have stayed at the Royal Cliff Grand hotel six times in the last six years. It is our favourite place anywhere in the world bar NONE. All of the the staff are outstanding in thier skills, attention and enthusiasm. Rossini Italian restaurant is world class. (For anyone not familiar with Pattaya , it is not all about sex- it is all about FUN. A relaxed enjoyable place to visit) Phil and Sue Russell"

• Travel date: 3rd April 2007

Hotels near Royal Cliff Grand Hotel

Royal Cliff Grand Hotel is also called

• royal cliff grand hotel
  • royal cliff grand pattaya