Exterior

Good

Just what is says on the label!! Amazing!

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"I was torn between which hotel to stay at for my honeymoon! After reading a lot of reviews and checking out hotel websites, I decided to finalise on the Sheraton Pattaya. Although it was probably one of the more expensive hotels in Pattaya, it was really worth the extra $$, especially on your honeymoon. We checked in on Christmas eve at 9am. Official check-in time is 3pm. We had booked an Ocean view room, but the staff informed us that as we had arrived early, our 3rd. floor room was not available unless we wanted to wait till 3pm. We decided to go with the 2nd flr. room which was ready. When we got to the room, the view of the ocean was all but missing, and this is our only gripe on the entire stay at the hotel. From the balcony, which itself was wonderful, we could see a small piece of the ocean. Maybe technically it was an ocean view, but I can't help but feel a bit sour over that as I expected a proper view. The room was fantastic, just like the photo's show. Large bed, DVD player, large TV, well stocked mini-bar. they even include an iron and ironing board which really comes in use! The bathroom was great with a separate shower area and bath tub. The resort property is really amazing. Although they claimed to have almost 100% occupancy, the way in which the villa's and buildings are located means that you rarely see other guests. The pools are beautiful with small jacuzzi's hidden away behind the bushes for that bit of privacy. The private beach is another treat as well. Although its more for lounging than real swimming, it is great to relax there and watch the sunset while you enjoy the terrific service. Speaking of the service, just like the rest of the resort, it was perfect. the staff were alway warm and friendly and are always around when you need something, but not hasselling you or hovering around you either as you find in other places at times. As mentioned in other reviews, the food, while good, is quite expensive. Also, the location of the hotel means that there is nothing close by, so unless you venture out into the city, you have no choice but to eat at the hotel. The location of the hotel, up on the side of a small hill, has its positives and negatives. Its good to be away from the main city noise and dirt (and smell at times), but transport to/from town becomes costly. A local taxi charges 150bhatt for the short trip to town, and the hotel limo costs 850bhatt!! Best thing to do is hire a bike in town for the period of stay. Works out much cheaper and gives you far more freedom! To conclude, there are cheaper options in Pattaya, but frankly, I doubt they offer anything like the Sheraton does as far as the resort grounds go. So if you don't mind pampering yourself, this is really the place to stay!"

• Travel date: 10th January 2007

Wonderful Hotel...

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"It's one of the luxuary, nice and beautiful resorts in Pattaya. The staff and service of the resort is superb. The resort facilities and pool areas are excellent. Think it's idea for honneymoon couple, but not really suitable for older people because lot of steps around the resort."

• Travel date: 1st January 2007

trully majestic

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Arrived at the sheraton on the 21st for my honeymoon, trully amazing place. First hand we were presented with cool towels, bottled water and was quickly dealt with on checking in, although changing our room to the upgraded pavillion suite. The suite was out of this world, exactly what you see on the website is exactly what you got. First class service from dust to dawn. Food at the restaurant lovely but the only downside was mini bar and food is a bit costly, which we found out later. Apart from that, most times we ate out. Scenery, service and outstanding decor and furniture was very in keeping to the hotel. Pool service, incredible. If you want to be pampered, eat & drink and be served like a king or queen, this is the place. I hope to make the trip again."

• Travel date: 19th December 2006

luxury at the sheraton pattaya

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Stayed at this beautiful hotel from 28th October to the 9th November with two children aged 15 and 13.First impressions on arriving were the lovely thai style buildings dotted about only overshadowed by the concrete blocks of the royal cliff next door. Quick check in and then we were taken in a golf buggy to our rooms. we had upgraded to the deluxe pavillion room while our two boys had a standard room. On entering the "standard room" which was large with an enormous bed,lovely bathroom,desk , lounger chair and with beautiful thai furniture- plenty of storage space. The deluxe pavillion room was out of this world. Its huge with a large octagonal pavillion outside with a day bed, chair and table. The bed could have fit about 5 people and was extremely comfortable and there was a large sofa, table and desk in room.Bathroom with waterful into a two person bath,separate shower and two sinks. Has to be the largest hotel room i every stayed in. The three pools are gorgeous and the pool guys really take care of you bringing complementry water, cold towels, shots of various different drinks and always making sure there were chairs were you wanted them. You dont need to rush down in the morning to get a chair by the pool there were always plenty available. Big hello to Adul who always had the towels at the ready. Resturaunts were very nice and food was varied and plentiful but very expensive for pattaya and this was the only slight downside as even the infiniti poolside cafe was fairly expensive although food quality was very good but there are plenty of places to eat in pattaya. Wine in the hotel very expensive but there is a supermarked nearby which sells good bottles at a fraction of the price. Location for us was good as it was about a 5 minute baht bus ride to the centre of the action but just far enough out to have a bit of peace and quite when wanted. This is more a couples hotel rather than family as our boys did get a bit bored - no pool table, table tennis etc but there are plenty of things to do in pattaya - Go Karting, bowling, thai boxing, scuba diving, a visit to koh larn is recommended though i wouldnt advise going to pattayapark waterpark as in my opinion it was very dirty and dangerous and we were there for 10 minutes and then left. My husband and i both had a massage in the spa - very reasonable price and very relaxing. On the whole a fantastic holiday base for pattaya if you want complete luxury - you will definately get it here as service throughout was outstanding. we shall be returning."

• Travel date: 11th November 2006

Expensive but Beautiful

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"Although room rates are quite expensive for Thailand, it is a beautiful hotel. Recommend if you can get a good deal."

• Travel date: 5th November 2006

Great Resort Accomodations

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Excellent accomodations. Very nice pools. Well appointed rooms. The food was really good including the dinner buffet which is a good deal when you see what is offered and the quality. The beach [---] . It is well insulated from the sleeze of Pattaya. Which makes it a great place for family or romantic getaway."

• Travel date: 24th August 2006

Phenomenal Property and Service. You won't want to leave the resort!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We were walked outside the terminal by a representative of the Sheraton while the Thai Airways porter pushed our bags. He opened the door to the resort's BMW M5 and we were off. The car had cold waters, packaged fresh wipes, magazines, and the day's Bangkok Post. Of course at 10 o'clock at night it was too dark to read, and I was too tired in any case after sleeping 3 hours on my flight from Tokyo. At this time of night there was no traffic at all and most of the drive is freeway. It was dark and we didn't much of Pattaya on the way to the resort. The entry way to the Sheraton was well-lit and there were plenty of staff to greet us despite the late hour. Our bags were taken away and we were seated at a reception desk and given cold towels and and a chilled lemongrass tea drink. They took a credit card and told us about platinum benefits at the resort (excellent Platinum recognition!): the (extensive) breakfast buffet is free to platinums (otherwise 625 THB per person I believe, so this was a US$100 savings for the two of us over 3 days) and we were upgraded to a Deluxe Pavilion room. We were originally booked on points, with the booking made in late 2005 while this was still a category 2 property (it's now category 3). So moving from the main buildings to a large pavillion room is great. This is more or less the resort's version of a suite, it's a large room with sitting area and large bathroom but no separate rooms, and there's a large covered outside pavillion sitting area. The resort had explained in advance to me by email that they don't upgrade to their Deluxe Oceanfront Pavillion rooms, but the nomenclature is a bit misleading as our room had both a view of the resort and of the Gulf. These rooms may even be superior to the deluxe oceanfront, in that you see everything lit up in the evening rather than just seeing the darkness at night. Still, next time I'll probably spring for the oceanfront pavillion if only to see the difference. After all, this is Thailand, and the rooms are thus affordable. As it was nearly midnight we retired to our room right away, and it was a very stylish room at that. We started off the next morning at the breakfast buffet. The restaurant has both inside and outside seating. Breakfast was outstanding in variety and quality, and was our first real sense of just how good a stay this was going to be. They brought us the best hotel coffee I'd ever tasted. It was strong, bold, but not overly hot or burned. Delicious! And the orange juice had an interesting local flavor, definitely not too acidic. The buffet consisted of an omellette station, cold fish, cheese, Asian options such as pad thai and dim sum, and American options like sausage and bacon. There was a cereal station and a fruit station, as well as assorted fruit juices. Service was prompt and efficient in addition to friendly. I had a bit of difficulty explaining on the first morning that I wanted half and half or cream with my coffee (I usually do have difficulty with this) rather than just milk -- but they got the idea and I never had to ask again during my stay. After breakfast we scheduled spa appointments and headed down to the pool. There's a man-made strip of beach but rocks stand between the sand and the water. That's alright, the water looks cloudier than what I like to swim in anyway. When we walked down to a pool one of the attendants would ask our room number and from then on would know our names. They would immediately make up a lounge chair for us, covering each with two towels just so. The lounge chairs were interesting, each was actually a double so rather than being just two chairs side by side they were literally attached and you lay next to your sweetheart. The attendants constantly brought by complimentary resort-branded water bottles, cold towels, and occasionally refreshments such as frozen pineapple juice. Most of the time the pools were deserted, and you could always find at least one of the three that was. W-style music is playing at the pools. Though you rarely saw more than a couple of other guests the ones you did see were occasionally in line with what you think when you hear Pattaya -- one morning at breakfast there was a white man in his mid-50s sporting a wedding ring and breakfasting with a teenage Thai boy still wet from a shower. And once I saw another middle aged man sitting at the pool with a young Thai girl, and there was clearly a language barrier between them. But for the most part the rest of Pattaya is a world apart in the resort. Our days developed a clear routine -- breakfast followed by pool or beach followed by spa treatments and then dinner. We never felt any desire to leave the resort. This is Thailand, so spa treatments are affordable -- no $200 massages as at top places, or $100 like we're used to at home -- but everything at this property is impossibly expensive for Thailand, many treatments are ~ US$75 although daily 30% off specials are offered and we even spent 5000 THB one evening on dinner without alcohol (but the meal was worth twice that!). The resort's signature restaurant is called Mez. Reservations were recommended, so I called ahead. When we arrived I was asked whether we had reservations. It was rather bizarre, because there wasn't another guest in the restaurant. I had asked for a table where we could watch the sun set, and there was one such table with a 'reserved' placard on it for us. (It was cloudy so the sunset was obscured, the other side of the restaurant would have been just as nice as it looks upon a man-made waterfall.) The beachfront building consists of Latitudes lounge on the ground floor and Mez upstairs on the second floor. The beach restaurant is actually outside on the room of the building at pool level. Service at the restaurant was outstanding, a combination of both the excellent accomodating staff and being the only ones at the restaurant for the entire length of our meal. Clearly the décor and atmosphere matches more closely with a W than a Sheraton, and combined with the music at the pool and the high quality of facilities and service it really could be rebranded as such. The food was expensive for the area, and combined with the resort probably being below capacity during midweek while we were there, no doubt contributed to its desolation. Appetizers were at least US$10 (and as much as $20) and entrees about $17! Impossibly high for the area. And yet I was so satisfied I would never complain, and I've since commented that I wish this restaurant was replicated near my home in Washington, DC. We thoroughly enjoyed our three days here. This has to be one of the best resorts in Thailand, surprisingly enough since it's branded a Sheraton. Service was outstanding, truly on par with anything I've experienced at a Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton. It's an oasis within driving distance of Bangkok, no additional flight required, which makes it attractive, and it's far enough removed from Pattaya itself that it doesn't take on the character of one of the more unsavory parts of the country."

• Travel date: 29th April 2006

Lousy Service

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"I stayed many times at the Royal Wing which is perfect place and we had decided once to try the Sheraton. This is the worsest 5-star hotel we had ever been in Asia. Simply stay away from it."

• Travel date: 5th April 2006

Great Facility, lousy Service

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"For a westerner coming from the Americas or Europe, this hotel will be amazing, but for someone who has experienced true Asian style service at the finer hotels in Singapore, Indonesia, China, etc. the service at this establishment stands out as incomplete at best and poor at times. The facility, however, is outstanding. A great oasis from the dregs of humanity and architectural garbage that is Pattaya. Put this hotel in Bali with a Balinese staff and service level and it would be top 10 in the world."

• Travel date: 29th March 2006