Avani Pattaya Resort

Good

My husband and I stayed here for 8 days ...

Reviewed 19th November 2007

"My husband and I stayed here for 8 days including New Years eve. Lovely hotel - very clean, nothing too much trouble; though food a bit pricey but I must say the quality was amazing. New year party very good, but was so hot as it was all set up outdoors round the pool and the mosquitoes made a meal of me, otherwise a great night. Breakfast also a lot of choice. Would recommend - hope this helps. "

• Travel date: 19th November 2007

Superb service

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"service was impeccable, after a hot trip from Bangkok, met with a cold drink and a cold face towel. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. the breakfast buffet was very extensive, and the poolside service for both lunch and at the bar was exemplary. Well done"

• Travel date: 14th March 2007

Loved it!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We arrived tired from our flight, and were warmly welcomed, and shown to a room which smelt of smoke and was a twin (not what we wanted.) We contacted the desk and, despite initially claiming to be full, the desk staff upgraded us instantly to a room which was wonderful. The resort itself was beautifully presented with a manicured tropical garden. Pool was gorgeous, and staff were smiling, polite, efficient and unobtrusive. Prices at the resort for dining and drinks are v.expensive, but we had breakfast included, and ate out for lunch and dinner at a fraction of the cost. The resort is on the beach, on Pattaya's busy beach road, and a short walk from shopping, restaurants, bars and entertainment (some of which is suitable only for broad-minded adults.) We'd stay here again."

• Travel date: 10th March 2007

Great location, Small room

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"We stayed here for three nights in a deluxe sea view room. For 3 adults, the room was quite small once the extra bed was in. The bathroom is just a ridiculous size. It is so tiny that there is no room to move in it. The shower is over the bath, the toilet is jammed up against the bath facing the door with a small basin area on the side, Honestly, I have never seen such a small bathroom in a 5 star property. The pool area is great with plenty of sun lounges and good service for fod and drinks. The breakfast buffett is excellent as is the dinner buffett. The hotel staff are very helpful. We had a problem with a local laundry and a staff member went with my husband to sort it out. The hotel manager asked me on several occassions the next day if we had our laundry and to advise him if we did not get it as he would assist us further. He recognized me from the previous evening and, as the hotel was full, this showed great attention to detail and was much appreciated. Overall, a great location next to the shopping centre made up for the disappointing room size."

• Travel date: 21st January 2007

If you go to Pattaya Beach, Thailand, this is the best place to stay.

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Awesome, outstanding, incredible, respectful, friendly, and extremely comfortable kind of sum this place up. I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts in my life, but none as nice as this one. The people who work there are what really make this place an enjoyable experience. There is good karma everywhere! I wish that all Marriott workers around the world would come here to see how a resort should be run. It was so refreshing to see smiles, respect for everyone, awesome service and an overall attitude of "live and let live" philosophy. I really can't say enough about how nice this place is. I do guarantee that you will not be disappointed! Pattaya Beach is very cool. The shopping is not all that great but there is so much else to do. Please smile, that is all it takes to start up a friendship with the locals. The food at the Marriott was outstanding and so was the food in town. You will absolutely love it here. If you have any questions just email me and I will tell you more. Chok De Krap (good luck for you), Kevin Finn ps: I just got back so I will add photos later."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2007

Good value for money in Pattaya

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"Best and most central location, by far, in all of Pattaya. Beautiful pool and gardens area, high level of service all area. The room was nice, wooden polished floors, marble bathroom counters, great air conditioning in the room, good sound insulation etc. Pool views are really nice. Hard to imagine they have such a large pool and garden area in such a crowded area. Nice choice of restaurants, somewhat pricey. The dinner buffet was o.k. by Thai standards, a bit overpriced. Directly adjacent to the hotel is the Royal Garden Shopping Plaza, which is huge, has many great places to eat, all at reasonable prices. Including Benihana, and a big food court with great food, at reasonable prices, with great ocean views. Also, all the usual fast food places: KFC, McDonald's, Burger King, Antie Anne's Pretzels, Swensens, Haagen Daz, Au Bon Pan, Delifrance, etc. Also, first run movies in nice theaters cost only about $1.90. Lots to do for kids too, Ripley's "museum", and the greatest shopping on the planet all around the hotel, at reasonable prices. And to the person who reviewed this hotel earlier complaining "it wasn't in the JW Marriott class", well it is NOT a "JW", and the price is also NOT "JW" prices. I got an off season rate of $125 a night, with two buffet breakfasts, which included a $100 off coupon for a future Marriott stay, with a VISA promotion. They had rates without breakfast for as low as $99. The same quality hotel in for example Hawaii or the Caribbean would surely be at least three times the price."

• Travel date: 29th November 2006

Loved it

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My partner and i stayed at the hotel back in Jan 2005 after a busy few days in Bangkok. Both my partner and i absolutely loved the hotel it was so relaxing, beautifully decorated and the staff were outstanding. It was generally quiet but busy as soon as you walked out of the hotel so we had best of both worlds. The only negative side was the sunbathing issue, there weren't always enough beds and you had to move around the pool to follow the sun which you only had a few hours of because of the buildings all around. I would definately recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2006

Best place to stay in Pattaya

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Having stayed in two other 'luxury resorts' in Pattaya, we discovered the Marriott and would stay nowhere else on the Pattaya leg of our annual trip to Thailand - a trip which always includes the Shangri-la in Bangkok, so we're not exactly backpacking. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is attentive but not overbearing. The facilities are fantastic - particularly the gym, which is the best I've come across in SE Asia. The spa is good value and very professional but perhaps not the most luxurious I've tried. And the pool is just wonderful - with the sunbeds arranged to give you lots of privacy and surrounded by quiet gardens with mature trees for shade. It's located right in the middle of Pattaya - with a shopping and entertainment centre attached on one side and a lively soi with laundry, tailoring, massage and beauty parlours, travel agents etc. But you'd never know this when you're sitting next to the tranquil pool in the middle of the complex. One word of advice - don't bother getting an ocean view because there really isn't one and it's much nicer looking over the lovely gardens."

• Travel date: 17th July 2006

Pattaya Marriott

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed at the Marriott Pattaya last month. This was our first time at this property in Pattaya. I dont think i could justify the price if we had not scored a free night in the deal. Rooms where very nice, service was also very good. We had dinner in the Garden Cafe, one of about 3 restraunts, this was buffet style & really very good. I did enjoy it though usually I'm not a buffett person. Breakfast was very good, Incuded in the cost of the room, about on a par with the Hard Rock, though not as extensive as the Dusit (which is extra $$$$) Beautiful Gardens, which i think really make the property, the only disadvantage was the mosquitos, so the balcony was pretty much out of contention. The pool was very nice indeed, though my wife prefered the Hard Rock for the Pool and area, as we have a young son, and she prefered the set up there to be more young family friendly. Location Location, you could not question that. Overall very nice, but a little over priced in my mind."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2006

Marriott Resort and Spa Hotel Pattaya is good

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Our family (7 members, from 9 yrs old to 73) stayed at this hotel from Jan. 19, 2006 to Jan. 24, 2006. We love this hotel, because: 1. It is beautiful. The garden is carefully designed and maintained. The coconut palms, bamboos, little pond and many plants are so nice. There are beautiful fresh flower everywhere, from every room to the restaurants. 2. It is clean. They clean the rooms and pools very carefully every day. 3. It is comfortable. The service is excellent, the spa is very nice, though a little bit expensive. The room is well designed and arranged, and just the right size. We stayed at the deluxe seaview rooms. The view is so beautiful. We spent a lot time at the hotel, because it is so comfortable. We had lunches by the pool in the garden, the service is excellent. 4. The location is very good. One side is beach, the other side is the commercial center, you can find whatever you need. There is a Chinese restaurant at the right side of the hotel entrance (if you come out of hotel). Good price and dishes. 5. The breakfast is good. You have a lot choices. The poolside service is good. You can have drinks, all kind of teas, also many choices for lunch and dinner. 5. There are many local trucks outside the hotel entrance. You can hire them 1 day at only $20 and go to all the attractions. It is fun. The hotel doesn't have private beach. You need to pay 20 baht to rent a chair at the beach, drink some coconut, eat other interesting food, even have a massage. All people are nice, and a lot girls walking around want get some business. Pattaya has a lot good programs, like elephant riding, underwater Pattaya (a very nice aquarium) Tiffiny Show. You can also take the submarine to see the real underwater world. We really enjoy our stay with Marriote. Will definitely come back. We made the reservation through Asiarooms.com. The service and price are great."

• Travel date: 10th March 2006

it is not jw marriott class

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"i booked thru the internet /marriott. $ 118 for b&b. when checked in i was hustled by the front desk for more $$$ for" better room". you have to pay twice for internet connections in your room and in pool erea using airport $30 a day too much. breakfast selections are so ltd it is a joke. i go to pattaya 3 times a year and stay at siam bay shore hotel, this time i wanted a change, well i got one . a bad one. next trip i will pass on marriott. ps. i love the jw marriott in bkk."

• Travel date: 29th September 2005