In front of the hotel

Areca Lodge Pattaya

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"The Areca Lodge is an excellent hotel and very well priced. My Wife and I have stayed there three times and my 25 year old daughter once. The Hotel is centrally located off Pattaya 2 Road and is minutes walk to everything. The hotel has 2 decent sized swimming pools, a gymnasium, Sauna (pay for) and the price of the room starts at about A$35 per night including an all you can eat breakfast for two. The rooms are clean airconditioned and serviced daily . Each room has a balcony. It is completely non smoking inside the rooms. Unfortunately they do allow smoking around the swimming pools which is my only critisism. The friendly staff ofthe Areca will make your stay in Pattaya very enjoyable. My wife and I havebeen to Pattaya about 15 times and this hotel wins in most categories that you judge a hotel by. The Hotel was originally recommended to us by our Thai friends Robert McNab Perth Western Australia"

• Travel date: 14th February 2007

This hotel is excellent, all the staff a...

Reviewed 20th January 2007

"This hotel is excellent, all the staff are very friendly and it is very well priced. The rooms are very clean and big, the pools are big and there are enough sun beds to go around even in peak season. There are towels provided so you don't need to pack them save the baggage allowance for bringing a bargain home. Shopping is great and it is very cheap. The food is very good and there is lots of choice even in the hotel slightly more expensive then the restaurants outside but not a rip off. Try the Yellow curry its great. The hotel is central to south and North pattaya and easy walking distance to walking street although tuk tuks are easy to get for 10baht. I would recommend this hotel to all and I would like to bet it would be one of the best you have stayed in. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: 20th January 2007

We think that this hotel is fantastic best in pattaya for the price

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"This hotel is very friendly, the staff and service is excellent we can't wait to get back later in the year would recommend this hotel to all. The manager Nancy is fab and so are all the girls that serve you in the restaurant. the rooms are very clean but if you are in the back of the hotel be aware that the cock will wait you at 6am but we didn't mind that as you got used to it. The pools are great big and plenty of room with the sunbed and also enough sunbeds to go around, also the towels are provided so there is no need to pack any in the suit case save the baggage allowance for buying clothes etc. if you are visiting Pattaya then the Acreca Lodge is a must stay."

• Travel date: 11th January 2007

All the good reviews are true!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"This was our second visit to Pattaya and we stayed 4 nights. We picked this hotel mostly based on what I had read on trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed, this is a very well run and nice hotel and excellent value for the price. Great staff, nice clean rooms , nice pool and great breakfast. The location is in an area that has a lot of beer bars close by so it's probably not an ideal hotel to stay at with children. But then Pattaya itself is full of beer bars and go-go's anyway so if that stuff offends you then you probably should give Pattaya a miss all together , The hotel is just off the second road so it's pretty easy to pick up a ride if you need one it but it's about a 10 minute walk to the beach and about 20 minutes walk to the start of walking street. We liked it very much and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future. Barry & Deb Australia."

• Travel date: 19th November 2006

Very good value

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Good value but definitly not a "family" location being situated in the heart of the bar district. Caters to budget travellers. Rooms can be a little noisy from surrounding bars. Nevertheless if you are looking for a well managed hotel in the middle of the "action" this is a very good choice. Friendly, efficient staff and very good room rates. I would certainly stay here again."

• Travel date: 30th May 2006

Excellent. Well recommended

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Just got home (today) after a two week stay at the Areca Lodge Hotel. Dont let the term 'lodge' put you off, it really is a hotel in every sense of the word. Two CLEAN pools both with jacuzzis. I stayed in a Superior pool facing room, and was well worth the small supplement. Staff weren't good, they were excellent and a special mention must go to Wan, one of the senior receptionist. I cant fault this hotel at all. It is clean, safe, central, friendly and offers excellent value. Will I book again?? Yes, yes, Yes"

• Travel date: 12th May 2006

loved this hotel

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"just returned from this hotel stayed there 2 weeks the breakfast was brilliant you could get bacon eggs omelets sausage all kinds of salad, rice, toast, orange juice grapefruit juice pineapples tea coffee milk the staff were great Nancy the manager was brill nothing was too much trouble for them would go back there the drinks out of the mini bar were so cheap sheets changed every day and the air con was too cold some times"

• Travel date: 8th May 2006

GREAT Place

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Me and my wife just returned from thailand and I must admit, the Reviews about the Areca Lodge Pattaya are nowhere near wrong. It is a great place, with good tidy rooms, two great pools and a nice location. It will remain my first choice, if i decide to go to Thailand again."

• Travel date: 2nd April 2006

Excellent

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Stayed here for 11 days with wife and daughter. Excellent Location Nice Rooms Great pools and Gardens Very reasonable bar and food prices Excellent Breakfast Friendly staff Pretty difficult to fault really"

• Travel date: 26th January 2006

Great hotel

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Wonderful hotel, great staff, good facilities and what value for money. £7.50 per night bed and breakfast. Location is also good for enjoying Pattaya nightlife. We will definitely be back."

• Travel date: 6th January 2006

be warned

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"just came back two days ago 3 12 05 hotel was realy good and staff was the best in any hotel ive stayed in, two problems about 2am every morning a cockrel decided to get up and the noise lasted all night the main concern was after paying my bill two weeks in advance they sefused acces to my room unless i gave them my credit card details as a deposite for my key and mini bar i refused and asked for my money to be fefunded they refused showing me my aggrement when asked where the aggrement was regarding deposits they backed of[there was none]i had to pay 1000bart in cash otherwise i was homeless and get the mini bar emptied would i stay there again [no chance]some guests had to pay 10000 up front be warned"

• Travel date: 5th December 2005