Private Pool Villa

About Crown Lanta Resort & Spa

• shuttle bus service
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • swimup bar
  • kids club
  • babysitting
  • infinity pool
  • butler service

Good
1996 reviews

Wonderful!

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"I originally was booked in at the Cha-da and was so unhappy I desperately searched for somewhere to stay and found the Crown Lanta - I got a car there and they were so very helpful, showed me the rooms available, gave me a deal on price and then sent me back to the Cha-Da in their car and waited for nearly an hour while I organised a refund and packed up. The room was simple but so beautiful, the porch was perfect and the people very friendly. The only negatives I should mention would be the breakfast buffet wasn't very extensive and the day spa experience was terrible but funny - it's a beautiful building but I think because off-season they probably had closed down operations and got someone from town to come in who didn't know the utilities etc. But I totally recommend the Crown Lanta, it was an absolutely beautiful place to stay and I felt comfortable and happy there :)"

• Travel date: 9th September 2010

The perfect place for loving couple

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"We spend 4 nights at Crown Lanta resort and it was fabulous !!!! After a 4 hours ride from Ao-Nang (Ferry problem) the bus company didn't want to drop us at the hotel. We called them and they pick us up with the bus hotel free of charge in a few minutes. We were warmly welcomed and got a Eleguance room (upper view). The rooms are lovely and perfectly cleaned. The hotel has a lot of facilities such as : free 1h/day wifi, free shuttle service to the city every two hours ( few minutes ), two nice pools, private beach, room service, free dvd rental, minibar (a bit overpriced), fitness center (maybe a little bit small in high season when the hotel is full booked), nice view for both sunset/rise ..... The only place of improvement for us was the restaurant, not because of the food quality which was perfect, but because of the lack of choice on the menu. However we couldn't say it was really a problem because they provide the free shuttle to the city where you find some good restaurant ( go to the end of the main street on the left, you will have a good view on the sea (sunset if lucky) and the food is good ). The breakfast is a nice buffet which runs from 6:30 to 10:00 with a large choice. In a nutshel : We look forward to come back :o) ps : If you are a couple, have a cocktail in the pool when it's dark, you will probably be the only one."

• Travel date: 25th August 2010

Beautiful resort where they try their best.

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"I've just returned from a twelve-night stay at the Crown Lanta; and will try to describe in words (using the hotel's and [most] booking sites' terminology) what is best done using a (non-existent) map. Some previous reviews and the erroneous captions on some pictures can (unintentionally I'm sure), be very misleading. The resort has two, main sections with two, main pools: - a 'lower section' (located behind the Reception Lobby) with 'L'-shaped pool where the 'Holiday Deluxe': 'Gazebo' (2nd floor, least expensive); and 'Pool Access' (1st floor, 2nd most expensive) rooms are located. - an 'upper section' (located 'up & over' beyond 'The Peak' restaurant) with a lagoon-shaped pool (with swim-up pool bar; four, submerged 'Jacuzzi beds'; a couple of areas with 'Jacuzzi bench seats'; a very shallow, circular 'children’s' pool' area; and several, water-spouting turtles etc.) where the 'Elegance Deluxe': 'Ocean View' (2nd floor), 3rd most expensive; and 'Pool Court Level' (1st floor, 4th most expensive) rooms are located. In this general area are also the west-facing 'Ocean Sunset Villas' (5th most expensive), overlooking Koh Phi Phi Leh & Koh Phi Phi Don; and the east-facing 'Ocean Private Pool Villas' (6th most expensive), overlooking Klong Dao Beach; as well as the two-bedroom 'Grand Villa' (most expensive), high on the point with it's, I'm sure (I wasn't in it) panoramic views in all directions. 'The Cliff'' restaurant is located next to the 'Elegance Deluxe' rooms on the two-level 'pool court' from which (maybe 20...I didn't count) lit-at-night, cement steps lead down to the resort's private, sandy beach. The north end of Klong Dao Beach is accessed by a (not steep) path with cement 'paving stones' from the 'pool court' beside 'The Cliff' restaurant. The resort's private, rocky beach is accessed by wooden stairs just west of the 'pool court' between some of the 'Ocean Sunset Villas'. The entire 'lower section' of the resort is/was currently (Aug. 10 - 22, 2010) closed... so anyone who booked the 'Holiday Deluxe': 'Gazebo' (2nd floor, i.e. balcony), or 'Pool Access' (1st floor, i.e. patio) rooms was being upgraded to the 'upper section' of the resort - to at least the 'Elegance Deluxe', Ocean View, or perhaps even the 'Elegance Deluxe', Pool Court Level rooms. I booked an 'Elegance Deluxe' room from the start... at 3850 THB/night (with the ‘Stay 3 pay 2’ promotion, it worked out to 2541 THB/night). I was very happy because I had the 'best of the best' of the ‘Pool Court Level’ rooms - only two steps down off my patio onto the pool deck (fantastic pool by-the-way) and super-easy access to either of the resort's two, small private beaches or the path by the side of 'The Cliff' restaurant down to Klong Dao Beach. I (personally) would not want to be in an 'Elegance Deluxe' Ocean View (2nd floor) room because you have to out your door (on the back), down and around the particular building to access the 'pool court'. I loved being able to step off my shaded...with overhead fan and ocean views (in two directions) patio and dive into the pool about 12’ (4m) away. In a nutshell, the resort is very good at a couple of things: 1. Providing excellent service. However, you must train them to repeat EVERYTHING. While all the reception staff speak English (sort of... some better than others) understanding and being understood can be problematic. For example, if you phone 'reception' for a ride down to the lobby or into Saladan and (without getting them to repeat the instructions) ask to be picked up at your room, the driver will go to the pool bar. If you ask to be picked up at the pool bar, the driver will go to your room... LOL. Unless you speak Thai, keep all communication at a basic level - leaving out any extraneous words. I'm sure all the resorts are the same in this respect. 2. Providing absolutely NO information on anything not connected with generating revenue. For example, the 'book' in the rooms contains exactly six things: two pieces of writing paper, two envelopes, one pen and the room service menu. I can't blame them though... their whole objective is to get you there and keep you there (in luxurious ignorance), while catering to your every whim with excellent service and excellent 'food & drink' at inflated (by local standards) 'resort prices'. It's the perfect honeymoon or romantic, 'get-away' spot. To be fair, they do offer free transportation (pick-up/drop-off), to/from Saladan at four, 'set times'/day (or for a very reasonable 50 baht outside of those times - 24/7... but you must pre-arrange the pick-up time from Saladan to the resort) and they will drive you around the resort 24 hrs/day. However, they fail to tell you that at this time of year, Saladan essentially shuts down at 20:00 and all the tuk-tuk drivers go home... it's a long, 2.5 km walk back (in the dark) unless you can get a local to phone a 'cousin' willing to get out of bed to drive you back. P.S. 'daytime' tuk-tuk fares (50 baht, one-way to/from resort/Saladan) double after dark.... after 20:00, it's whatever they figure they can squeeze out of you (negotiation skills are important). The physical setting of the resort is stunningly beautiful - one night I stood at the rail of the 'pool court' watching three, separate thunder storms sweep in from the west (prevailing wind direction this time of year) across Phang Na Bay. It reminded me of the old joke - "If you don't like the weather now, wait 20 minutes... it'll change." Out of twelve days, there were seven with literally no rain (some without a cloud in the sky, some overcast and some a combination of the two. There were also days of prolonged, steady rain and/or violent winds and torrential thunderstorm downpours (it's a good idea to always take the large, hotel-supplied umbrellas if you 'go out' for any length of time. The 'Elegance Deluxe' rooms are nice with an absolutely huge, walk-in shower containing a hand-held/mounted adjustable shower head as well as a large overhead 'rain shower’ fixture as part of the bathroom. The included buffet breakfast is very good (both in selection & quality - go early). DVD movies are available (free of charge) at the reception lobby; as is the use of two, 'desk-top' computers. Wi-fi is available through out the resort (not sure if there is a charge for it or not... I didn't take my laptop and didn't ask). They are in the process of 'building' and stocking a book library/lounge located just behind the upper-level 'pool court'. The manager was willing to let me borrow books even though it's not really 'open' yet - I'm sure it will be finished when 'high season' starts in November. The Spa was not open (not worth it to them during 'low season'); however, when it is (during 'high season), I'm sure it's not exactly 'inexpensive'... if you know what I mean. In short, you get what you pay for... and in low (or 'green' as they refer to it) season, it can be a very 'good deal'."

• Travel date: 24th August 2010

Suitable for family with Kids

Reviewed 4th April 2013

"It is very suitable for family with kids. It is very clean, natural and cozy but be expected to have mosquitos. I booked the room through www.agoda.com thus the price is reasonable (maybe is low season in Thailand May-Oct) rooms and atmosphere can compare with Pimalai Krabi (I stayed Pimalai before it's a Luxury 5 stars Resort). The location of the Resort is very good that it is located on the very top hill north tips of the Island, all the rooms have the balcony facing west and sea view thus we can watch sunset everday anywhere in the Resort with 270 degree Sea View. Their Sunset Villas with or without Pool are very nice for both couples and family with children. The other type of room is Direct Access Pool is also very good for family as all the balcony door just located around the pool side thus we just get out from the balcony then jump into the pool. Everyday Sunshine, Beach and Pool. I would suggest to stay in the Direct Access Pool becoz all Restaurant, Spa, path to the public beach (5mins walk) they are all located close to Direct Access Pool. Hotel have a private beach however it is very rocky it takes only 1 min walk from Direct Access Pool Room. Pls refers to my photos. Food in the resort is vey yummy however if you thinks that it is too expensive (around 240baht @ dish) or feel boring everyday with the same menu then takes only 10mins free shuttle bus (provided by hotel) to Seladan Market/Town and will find a lots of restaurant and bar, Pizza, Swedish food or Thai food. They have 7-Eleven in Seladan Town. All staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful but do not expect they can speak fluent English. They like to play with kdis too. Hotel also provide free Internet and Computer for guests and 1 hr free wifi card for personal computer. Also they have DVD player in-room, you can rent DVD from Hotel or buy it from Seladan Town. Reminder: bring any type of mosquitos repellent by yourself, burning coil type as well. PaPa Restaurant - must try !! There's a lot of PADI Diving Shops in Seladan Town, you can rent Scooter (motorbike) and take Ferry to Phi Phi Island."

• Travel date: 17th August 2010

Beautiful, Charming and All You Want From a Resort

Reviewed 5th April 2013

"AMAZING!!! This resort is so beautiful, it's incredible! Book a room with "pool access" this means you will have a beautiful villa and the pool will be on your balcony. We only had to share our pool with 3 other famalies and found we had it to ourselves most of the time. The beach wasn't very good but that is nothing to do with Crown Lanta. It is just very low tide and is home to thousands of little crabs. My husband was very ill during our stay and was very comfortable in the room. They have a free shuttle service into town a few times a day, if you want to go outside these times they charge 50 bhat per person which was fine. They came and got us from our villa with a golf cart any time we called as we stayed on the very top of the resort. You will not be disappointed if you stay here! Be aware though that Lanta is very quiet and there is not a lot to do, especially in low season."

• Travel date: 13th August 2010

Nice place for Honeymooners

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"We stay at Crown Lanta Resort and Spa for two nights to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversarry and we went here at low season but hotel staff treat us very well and gave us free room upgrade. From our room we can access directly to the pool, the beach and we can hear the sound of wave from our room. It's really quiet and cozy place, the people here are friendly and there are free transportation from hotel to saladan vice versa."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2010

Good value - if you can get a good rate.

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"Stayed there recently. I paid 3200 baht per night for two nights and the third night was free. I think it was good value for what I got. Solid 4 star hotel with some kinks that need to be worked on - though nothing major. Would not pay anywhere near the rack rate though. Maybe 1,000 baht more for high season. Probably not suitable for those looking for a more boutique funky resort ... this is more your standard hotel resort. Pros: Great room - had a holiday elegant room - big marble bathrooms, balcony with views of the sea and the pool, great bed with TV and the usual 4 to 5* hotel amenities Good food - had lunch and breakfast there. disagreed with the previous reviewer. thought the food was much better than what you get in the village with only a minor difference in price. Great views Cons: Was here during low season so spa was closed but you could get a massage in your room Room only had room service menu with no literature about the other amenities of the hotel like the van to the village, the rocky private beach or even the spa services Breakfast was made to order - maybe because it was low season - but some confusion on my part as to what was part of the room rate's free breakfast Only the receptionists could really speak English so you had to go to them for everything Service was good but overall training seemed to be lacking. The waiters seemed to put a lot of emphasis on how the table was set but forgot to provide milk and sugar for the coffee. I would have appreciated it more if the place had free yoga classes."

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

AWESOME!!!!

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"Fantastic hotel it had it all brilliant room with sensational views!! The staff were VERY helpful and service was top notch!!! The main pool was great , pool bar and food were also very good!! You Must try there restaurant food it was first class with cliff side views!!! Magic sunsets every night we would definitely stay here again next year!!! Very good breakfast selection as well and free transfers into town which made things very easy! Ive already recommended this hotel to many of my friends who will stay here next trip to Thailand! I doubt you will find better in Ko Lanta this was one of the best hotels we had on our 4 week trip!!! Brilliant!"

• Travel date: 3rd May 2010

Magnificent Resort in a Breath Taking Location.

Reviewed 6th April 2013

"Crown Lanta Resort is located near the Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta which is another beautiful island in Thailand. From Trang we were transferred here by a minivan and by 2 car ferries . When we arrived at the resort i was impressed by the elevated pool access rooms and the big beautiful pond near their lobby. The resort is located up on the hill so they provide these golf buggies or electronic golf cars to bring the guests up to their room and down to the lobby since the roads of the resort is very steep. I is also less than 10mins drive from Saladan center where all the shops restaurants,convenience store,banks,atm ,travel agencies and a lot more. where you can find all the things you might need. We stayed at Ocean Private pool villa which is the exact room that is posted in the resort website. The Villa (2126) was incredible that opens up to a private pool overlooking the Andaman sea is truly magical. Below our villa is the huge pool for everyone and the nice pool bar. The resort also has a private beach juz below the spa and the restaurant. Our breakfast at The Peak was fantastic, not only the food was great but enjoying it on the rooftop with the stunning view of the entire Andaman sea. We had a great family vacation here at Crown Lanta and my son love everything in our Villa, especially the bonding moments we had there. And even until this day my son still talks about our stay at Crown Lanta.. After months of exchanging emails with the management , they made our stay in this resort really unforgettable, i cannot think of anything that isn’t good about the resort. I hope this place will maintain its privacy , remain to be be quiet and relaxing. The staff are friendly and helpful too. I can still remember on our last day here at Crown Lanta i was sitting in one of these 2 wonderful sundecks at the terrace and staring at the very calm Andaman sea , it was hard for me to finally close the terrace door in our Villa in this Amazing resort."

• Travel date: 18th April 2010

Shhhh Don't tell anyone! This place is heaven

Reviewed 3rd April 2013

"A stunning hotel in incredable location......Ocean Villa rooms are amazing.......hotel design and layout is incredable....Food was spectacular...and not too expensive for such a great hotel. April the best time to visit as the hotel was very quite.........only ten minute walk along the beach to what i call beach life!.. Great staff very friendly and accommodating"

• Travel date: 11th April 2010

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Reviewed 21st March 2013

"I spend seven nights with wife and 6 years old daughter in Crown Lanta Resort & Spa. For the first time in all my travelling I left a place with an emotional tear in the eye. Our holidays had started off on a sad note with our flight from Helsinki to Bangkok being delayed well over four hours thereby missing our connection flight from Bangkok to Krabi. We went from hell to heaven over one of sleep night. From the moment we were picked up at the Krabi airport until the moment we were dropped back at the same airport we had the time of our lives. Nothing was too much for Mrs. Panubas Rongkaew, Senior Reservation. She changed our airport transfer pickup and reservation immediately without questions asked when I informed her from Helsinki by email that we would be a day later due to the delayed flight. She upgraded our room (Pool access) to a more family friendly room (Elegance deluxe) close to the upper deck swimming pool with a very child friendly and big swimming pool 10 meters away from our terrace. Our 6 year old girl who just had finished swimming school absolutely loved the pool and is still talking about it. Don´t worry if the kids can´t swim yet, there is a nice round pool especially for little children built in the big pool. The pool is surrounded with sundeck chairs and fresh towels are ready available. If you wish, cool drinks and delicious cocktails can be enjoyed at the pool bar our delivered to your chair. The room is very clean and comfortable and bigger then your standard hotel room, we especially liked the spacious rainshower. Daily cleaning and fresh towels in the nicest forms whenever it suits you, just one call away. Every afternoon fresh fruits delivered to the room, plenty of bottled mineral water and tea/coffee amendments are complementary, very nice and much appreciated. The airco is silent, the bed is big and soft, a seperate bed was installed for our daughter. The resort is located on a cliff peninsula, 2 km away from the little tourist town where you can shop and eat. Very calm and silent but still in close distance to public beaches,shopping or dining. There is a shuttle to the town every other hour but the staff will gladly bring you on a different time if needed. There is 2 private beaches beloning to the resort, a small rocky one and small sandy one. The small path behind the restaurant brings you to the big public beach in less then a 5 minutes walk. As it is a cliff resort, the pathways are steep in places but nevermind, the staff will drive you around in electronic gold cars. We took the morning walk to the breakfast as a small exercise. The breakfast is excellent, as are the other restaurants. We had dinner one evening and it was really good, although three times more expensive then similar good food in the nearby villages seafood restaurants. The service was excellent and I have never experienced anything like that before. Everyone is smiling and helping, I really liked the staff. They are very child friendly and will do anything to keep you satisfied. Special kudos for the ladies at the breakfast and the front desk aswell the young men driving us to the town and back. A public internet terminal at the front desk, free mountainbikes, kayaks, snorkling material, fully equipped gym are some of the amenities I remember. I can not think about anything we did not like, it was just perfect. Enjoy this place why it is still new and calm, it believe it will become very popular if they keep this up."

• Travel date: 30th March 2010

The BEST,,, IF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"We stayed 15 days in crown lanta in a sunset sea wiew pool villa,and that was great, nice clean and quiet, time for relaxing! The staff was fantastic,we travel a lot have stayed in a lot of 5 star resorts, but this place was like paradice,but now the BIG but, if this resort should stay like this, You should do like Layana Resort and like many other hotels as like to stay on top and get people who only like too relex in a quiet and peaceful place,with high quality and good service,,,NO CHILDEREN FAMELIES,There is a lot of resorts available for them,so god let this resort stay free from childeren,we gladely pay extra for that 12000-20000 bath/night for pool villa is ok and whith that manager and his staff it can only be succes....GOOD LUCK ,We love u all. And tank u that u make our stay on crown lanta too a great time with pleasure. Best regards.Susanna and Christer Sweden. We will be back ,be sure of that.......Kapp kunn kaa"

• Travel date: 11th March 2010

Hotels near Crown Lanta Resort & Spa

Crown Lanta Resort & Spa is also called

• crown lanta
  • crown lanta hotelanlage & spa
  • crown lanta resort and spa