About Chongfah Beach Resort

• table tennis
  • bathrobes
  • infinity pool
  • 24 hour security
  • private check in check out
  • private beach
  • complimentary instant cofffee
  • umbrella

A True Slice of Paradise

Reviewed Mon 11th of February 2013

"I am a 40 year old travel professional who has traveled extensively throughout the world on business and leisure. I favor smaller resorts with a modern design aesthetic, excellent amenities and warm personal service. I must say that the two weeks my husband and I recently spent at Chong Fah provided everything I desire and more.

At Phuket Airport, we were promptly greeted by Chong Fah's driver holding up a sign with our name. He quickly escorted us to the resort's new, clean and (well) air conditioned minivan, and we uneventfully reached our destination about 45 minutes later. At check in, we were offered a delicious welcome drink and settled the balance due on our stay. Within 15 minutes, we were escorted to our room and found our bags waiting.

The rooms are just as lovely as their website and other TA " traveler photos" depict. We chose to book an upstairs room with a partial sea view (#2, I think it was), and would choose the same again. The interiors of all the units are the same, though some units have outdoor, as well as indoor, bathroom areas, and some have decks while others have patios. The units are built rather close together, but we never found privacy an issue. Even at nearly full capacity, noise was never an issue, either. The design, decor and in room ammenities were also just right.

Though (thankfully) not huge, the resort's infinity pool is beautifully designed and placed, and again, with the resort at near capacity, we often had it all to ourselves. Though we often slept in late, we never had a problem securing beach lounge chairs, and there were always plenty of sun unbrellas to go around. Because of the resort's two tiers of sun beds, every guest can have an unobstructed sea view. I am also very happy to report that there was no longtail boat noise, as this can be a real problem on other Thai beach front resorts. While sunning, the bar/restaurant staff were also happy to bring you anything you requested, but didn't bother you throughout the day, otherwise.

The food at the resort's one seaside restaurant was always very good, both the Asian and Western offerings. We were there for their New Year's celebration, and every member of the resort's staff was in attendance, helping to make the evening a very special event for all. The food was spectacular and artfully presented, the festivities were both cultural (dances, etc.) and fun. I can not say enough about the restaurant/bar staff. They work exceedingly hard. They had memorized our names on Day 1, and our likes and dislikes by Day 2. They delivered food to our room when we were just too lazy to walk the few steps down to the lovely restaurant, and always remembered to (discreetly) remind us that Happy Hour was under way. I can't say enough about their warmth, as well as their keen attention to detail. They kept us sated and happy throughout our stay.

Though we didn't embark on any excursions, the front desk staff, aptly led by Bow, was more than happy to coordinate any extra-curricular needs.

This resort is BY FAR the best there is on Bang Niang Beach. I would not hesitate to recommend it to my most discerning client, or best friend. It is, for now, a truly hidden gem...but not for long, I suspect. As word spreads, Chong Fah will no doubt be the type of resort that many (re)book a year in advance. Given the chance, I would not hesitate to visit again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of March 2009

Perfect paradise

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We had a wonderful stay at friendly and beautifully located Chong Fah Beach Resort. After a week in busy (but nice) Kata Beach, it was perfect to have the opportunety to visit relaxing Chong Fah.
Me and my husband had a beautiful bungalow at the beach. Every morning it was like waking up in paradise. Our three daughters sheared a nice room with plenty of space.
Chong Fah has an excellent restaurant. Our friends, that stayed at a hotel close to us, also enjoed eating there. The menu pleased everyone and the food was superb. We will look back and remember all our nice breakfasts and meals.
The hole hotelarea is pleasant - the amazing pool, the beach, the restaurant and the rooms/bungalows. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. They recommeded things to do and they booked our nice golftrip.
We usually never go back twice to the same place when we travel, but now we are thinking of breaking that decision. We would love to go back to Chong Fah and stay at our "own" bungalow at the beach and see all our friends that worked at the hotel again."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of January 2009

Loved it

Reviewed Thu 7th of February 2013

"We stayed at Chong Fah in October and can not recommend it highly enough. It is a small resort and this was a quiet time for the hotel but we enjoyed that even more, the staff knew our names on the second day and were all very helpfull and friendly. We booked online through the hotel as this was the only way we could obtain the beach front bungalow prices ( no websites seem to have them).
The pool is lovely and the restaurant had good food and reasonable prices. Our bungalow was beautifully finished and had an indoor and an outdoor bathroom. It wasn't far to walk to other places to eat either on the road or on the beach, although high tide means you may get wet returning along the beach. Many new shops and restaurants are still opening after the tsunami and we are hoping to go again soon to see how Khao Lak progresses."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

A chance find!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We had been staying in Khao Lak and were unable to return to Melbourne, due to the chaos at the airports. Our resort was unable to accommodate us for further nights and suggested the nearby Chongfah.

The staff were so accommodating at short notice...coming and collecting us in their van and then being flexible as we did not know on a day to day basis when we would be leaving.

The staff were very friendly and polite, the food and drinks at their restaurant were great, and the pool and view to the beach were perfect. The rooms were a great size for couples and were adequately furnished and well presented.

A very comfortable and affordable place to stay and somewhere where we would return."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of December 2008

Great Location, Excellent Services

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We found this hotel on the web, and thought that it looked nice so we've decided to give it a try. We got one of the little villas (just behind the beachfront ones). They were spacious, tastefully decorated and I just love the outdoor bath! The floorboards were a little worn though but the rooms were clean and bright.

The staff here were very polite and friendly, and you will always be greeted with a smile. As it is a small resort, the service is very personal. The beach is so close that we could hear it from our room.

Breakfast was really good with a selection of Asian and Western food. It was simple, fresh and tasty. The view was also amazing.

The only downside that is that it was very difficult to find as there were no signboards from the main road for this hotel. We drove up and down many times trying to find it. A tip for those who are renting a car: Turn in at 7-11.

For those who intend to rent the beachfront bungalows, please be warned that the sunchairs are located right in front of them, so you'll constantly have people walking past you units throughout the day.

Definately not recommended for the elderly or people with disabilities, as the deck can get very slippery after the rain, and there is no ramp to get to the beach, only a flight of pretty steep stairs.

I give this hotel a two thumbs up for service, views and overall experience. We will definately come back here again someday."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2008

perfect

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Hi,

what to say? We had a great time at chong fah and we thing its perfect to spend some time at that resort. We had a wonderful beach bungalow that was just great. Cleaning and roomservice always friendly and effective.
The staff always helpfull and friendly but we never had the feeling that it was to much ore that they just act.
Breakfast was good, its nice to sit outside and enjoy your coffee with a view to the sea.

For us the best choice at bang niang beach.

regards
K&S"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008

wonderful paradise

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"we just had the most amazing stay at the chongfah resort. We stayed in the beach front bungalow where you can watch the sunset , from your bed ,(if you like) or your own front bungalow deck chairs.The rooms decore are calming , the sunken out door spa bath is just wonderful , it actually rained a couple of nights, so after dinner we had a outdoor spa bath (under cover) while it was pouring rain 3 feet away, (nice),Breakfast was perfect. eggs to order , cereal, fresh fruit ,hot thai breakfst , bacon. tomatoes.etc .great variety, caters very well from children also, The staff were second to none. starting at reception ,house keeping, bar ,chefs,I can honestly say. there wasn"t one staff member that did not smile at us ,and jumped at any chance to help us, The views no matter what time of the day from the resort is beautiful. in the morning watching the longtail boats head out for the day , walk along the beach listening to the waves crash, lay back on your deck chair under your umbrella watch the day pass you by (if you want) and happy hour 2 drinks for the price of one, watch the khao lak sunset, Dinner at the chongfah was excellent the food was mouth watering..we soaked up every ounce of chongfah resort we could, most relaxing holiday we have had , and have no doubt in our minds .(when I have saved enough money for overseas plane tickets again.) we will go straight back to chongfah."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of November 2008

I'm glad I have chosen Chongfah resort

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"The first impression when I see Chongfah is "wow", what a beautiful resort. The entrance is impressive, it's the type of architecture I like, very clean, spacious, not clutter with too much greeneries, a little zen like.

The smiley resort staff serve us a welcome drink while we are checking in for the resort and I appreciate that gesture as we were tired from the shopping in Phuket Centre and 2 hours self drive from Phuket to Khao Lak. Finally we made it to Chongfah.

As we made our way to the sea front bungalow, I was making a few more "wa", "wow" silently to myself. My room was cool, perfect, not sure if what are the better words to describe. The decoration and interiors are to my liking. Enough of the good stuff. For the price I paid during the green period, this is really value for it.

Now I need to bring out my the other view. The water canister does have some dust on its cover. I'm not sure if the room was left vacant for a while or resort near beach does have this problem.

I also noticed the flooring is a little worn off and sticky. I personally feel that the interior designer should help to adivse the owner that the flooring for sea front building need to use material which are more durable and easier to maanage.

all these are bearable. However if the resort is not going to maintain properly. I would think the price for the high period will be overpriced."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

Loved the hotel and location

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at Chong Fah for 6 days during the holidays. Our flight was 3 hours late, but we walked out and the driver was standing there waiting for us. He had two cold bottles of water and two scented cool hand towels. It was just what we needed. We arrived on Christmas Eve at 6pm. We didn't know the hotel was having a party/
buffet. They found an extra table and set it for us so we could join the party. And our room was beautiful. Big bathroom, comfortable bed, incredible private deck. Our view was over the pool and out to the water. I highly recommend a second floor room if you're not staying in one of the beachfront bungalows. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet that was included in the price of our room. Great selection and everything tasted wonderful. All of the tables for the restaurant overlook the water. Its an amazing view. We spent our first
day sitting on the beach lounge chairs overlooking the Andaman Sea. Most nights we went to the restaurants on the beach. We walked along the beach and checked out each one. One night we went into Khao Lak town to go shopping and had dinner there. And one night we ate at a restaurant walking distance from the resort called Pinocchio's. That was our best meal. The highlight of our trip was a Thai massage at one of the huts along the beach. Walk out of the resort onto the beach, make a right, and you'll see huts just after "The Beach" restaurant/bar. The women did a great job and you can't beat listening
to the waves crash as you're being massaged. We wish we had done it everyday. It is incredibly inexpensive. We loved Chong Fah resort and we loved Bang Niang beach."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

A lovely quiet good value for money place

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We stayed in one of the resort's smaller bungalows for a week. We really liked this place. The bungalows aren't huge, but they are easily big enough for two people. They are en suite with hot water and a western style toilet (although you have to pour water into it Thai style to flush it - don't let this put you off though, it's honestly not too bad). The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and large. The site itself is very nice. There is a lot of room between the accommodation filled with palm trees. There is a new swimming pool which isn't huge but is very nice. It has a baby pool, a jacuzzi bit and a swim up bar - which if you sit there for a bit is staffed by he restaurant. The restaurant on site is lovely. By day you can order Thai and western food there (including a western breakfast) and use their internet. By night it has twinkly lights and serves lovely Thai food and like a lot of places in Khao Lak also has amazing sea food. The sea is about 5 min walk away. Access to the sea seems to be only via resorts, which is a bit weird but they don't seem to mind. This hotel is also high enough that it was relatively unaffected by the 2004 tsunami and so made us feel a little safer. Our room was 800 baht per night for a fan. You can probably find cheaper but for what you got on this site we found it very good value for money."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007