Good

best hotel i've stayed at

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"One of the nicest rooms i've seen in a hotel massive really comfy beds spacious rooms not sure if I stayed in a upgraded room even so the view from the window was just beautiful palm trees and green grass and small gardens it just looked like paradise from the room the pool wasn't massive but then again there wasn't a large amount of people staying there so that meant there was always room to swim. The staff are genuinely some of the nicest people I have ever met and I didn't care if it was false kindness or not the majority of hotels wouldn't have been a fraction as helpful as the staff here they would sit down with you talk to you about hua hin were to go and all that and they were always smiling and cheerful and said hello when they saw you. The breakfast was incredible i was expecting a basket full of a rolls and a fried egg what you get is a full buffet with pretty much any breakfast you could want from museli to sushi to donuts they had bacon eggs fried or scrambled toast in different kinds of bread freshly squeezed juice I think i gained a stone just from the breakfast it was so good the hotel pool leads literally directly onto the beach a few steps and there you are the beaches are absolutely beautiful the sea is like stepping into a bath even the bloody looky looky men were friendly and nice the beach activities were really cheap i went on a jet ski for 750 baht which is around £15 and you can pretty much ride it for as long as you want because they aren't in high demand and they have several of them on the beach and it's not just the beach activities that were brilliant the hotel had some good ones aswell i took a hour and half thai kickboxing class and it was just awesome the day times spent there were some of the best of my life and when night rolls around you go the front entrances and the tuk tuks can take you pretty much anywhere you like i wouldn't really rate the night markets because they're just filled with tak but if you're looking for some cheap hooky knock offs then i'd recommend it the food in the restaurants isn't great if you aren't a fan of sea food but still very good service in all of them and everyone very friendly the red light district in hua hin seemed to be the place to go if you liked partying but then again hua hin redlight district is known as ladyboy central so not my kind of partying but each to their own all in all one of the nicest countries I have ever been to my experiences of it was just paradise and beautiful setting filled with golden beaches warm seas happy contempt friendly people relaxing atmosphere just a wonderful place to be i went there in 2010 and for 3 years all i've wanted to do is go back "

• Travel date: Mon 5th of August 2013

The rooms are pokey and small and overpr...

Reviewed Wed 21st of May 2008

"The rooms are pokey and small and overpriced, the restaurants are good but i would have been happier to stay somwhere else and drive to eat at the hotel. Overall its a real rip off for what you get, the sea view rooms although close to the sea you cant see anything from the room and because of the design the sea view rooms are actually undergroud ...

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2008

Great pool, but terrible beach!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"I travelled with my partner and our 1 year old daughter to Huan Hin in October 2006. Were were hesitating between the Sofitel and the Hilton and finally went for the Hilton.

What I liked most about the hotel was the typical thai deco in the lobby area, nice live bands in the evenings, great cocktails, nice food.

Breakfast is fantastic and there is more variety than at any other hotel I have stayed at so far.

The pool area is fantastic, especially for kids! There is a slide and an extra big infant pool which was perfect for us as we could just relax by the pool and leave our daughter in the water with the other kids. AND there are delicious cocktails at the POOL BAR, buy one get one free on all cocktails from 4 pm on.

However, the BEACH!!!! It must be the most horrible beach I have ever seen in a resort. There were some locals offering horseback -riding on the beach which means that the beach was dirty, smelly (horse pee and poo) with loads of flies and moskitoes, the water was not very nice either unfortunately. Trust me!

However, it did not affect our holiday a lot as our little daughter does not like the beach as much as the pool so we spent most of our time in the pool and spa area where there is a nice jaccuzi as well. But if you are a big beach fan and you are travelling without infants, I would recommed the Sofitel as the beach is much nicer, cleaner, and bigger although not the best beach in the world but ok indeed. Their pool area is great, however the infant pool is not as nice as the Hilton's one. (I walked to the Sofitel to compare to the Hilton).

Overall, I had a nice holiday so I would still recommend the hotel despite the terrible beach...

Massage in the hotel can be quite pricey. Just across the street there are some cheap massage salons but there mainly aimed at tourists and I don't know wether the girls are well trained.

There is an amazing place we went to for Thai Massage, my partner and I ( we left our daughter at the Hilton creche for 200 baht per hour)!!! It is next to the Grand Hotel (just take a tuctuc, it just costs 60 baht, say you want to go to the Hua Hin Grand Hotel). It has opened recently, the girls are nice there, professional masseuse with diploma, at the same price as the one opposite the Hilton!!! It is beautiful, clean and relaxing with nice slow music and scented candles. Go there please, it is the same price as the one across the street but much better and it is a real wellness and beauty center as one would find in Europe and not aimed at tourists like the ones opposite the Hilton. We had a massage for couples, in a private room, just the two of us, that was really romantic and well deserved. I can't remember the name of the place, I think it was 'blue ocean' or so but you cannot miss it as it is just next to the Grand Hotel opposite Huan Hin grand market.

If you are without little kids and you really want to relax, go to the Sofitel. If you have infants or younger children, go to the Hilton as the pool is great for them and there is a creche facility and also a lot of other kids. I did not see a lot of small kids at the Sofitel, mainly teenies with their parents or couples without children.
Enjoy your stay."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of November 2006

Bland but OK

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Clean tidy hotel, with attentive staff but a bit bland. Nice greeting with comp drink. Bar and Restaurant very expensive by Thai standards although Breakfast is great value.
Swimming pool is not very child friendly, despite the small slide because the shallowest part is 1.5m and more than 3m at the deep end. Beach was ok but warning signs up to beware of Jelly fish and they were certainly about whe we were there.

Acivities were good value as well. Had a 1 hour golf lesson for free and there was plenty more to do including tennis for beginners.

Hua Hin is pleasent enough but wouldn't bother returning. If I did, I would stay at the Sofitel."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Relaxing , Middle class hotel

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Arrival after a 3 hour road trip from Bangkok was pleasant and the staff were attentive making sure all was explained and offering half price breakfast deal which we took advantage of.
Our room was on floor 5 and gave unrestricted view over the top of the trees with nice sea view.. we had asked for sea view and adjoining rooms and got exactly that. The room is quite adequate with all the facilities expected of a middle class hotel.
Breakfast was ideal with plenty of variety and "a nod" in the right directions kept a constant supply of coffee and tea.
Past reviews mention surly or innatentive staff but we found all the staff would go out of their way to help with any questions..
Evening meals in the hotel are expensive and we could eat in town paying the same price for 3 persons as you would for one in the hotel. A quick tuk tuk ride to the Hilton puts right in the middle of the restuarant area with plenty of scope .
The night markets are a bit repetative with most of the stalls selling the same items.
The pool altho not huge is quite big enuf even when the hotel seemed quite full and the pool staff also very good.
The beach is great with lovely white sand and altho signs for jelly fish we only saw dead ones on the beach (saw some quite big ones whilst out on the jet skis)
A week spent at the Marriot was a welcome break and the only drawback was that we were unable to take the trip to River Kwai..
An excellent addtion to your holiday would be transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin by plane...for and extra £100 per person you could get return trip and the Hua Hin airport is only 3 km from the hotel and less from the centre of town. Check out their web site at www.sga.aero (the travel agents wont tell you about this ).."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

Tired old hotel ... but a beautiful spa

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay at this property ... we were qiute disappointed ...

No welcome drink or flower garland for us.....most staff was unattentive, seemed bothered when approached by guests for services ... rooms were old and shabby ... the beach was the nicest feature ... fine white sand ... but the water was dirty and smelly ... location is good ... about a mile walk to center of Hua Hin town along the beach ... facilities at the hotel were sub-optimal ... forget about connecting to the Intenet from your room ... we tried for three days and finally gave up.

Spa is great but VERY expensive.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel...we saw a couple of others that seemed nicer ... i.e. Sofitel, Hilton, which are closer to town."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of October 2006

Not bad!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Check-in was OK but the room we had booked was unavailable. Our room was quiet and out of the way so there was no (human) traffic going past it. The bathroom is a bit small and could do with a bit of a refurbishment. The view was limited by the trees around the garden area – it looks as though they could do with a cull to lighten up the area a bit. The room had a reasonable amount of lights though working out the combination of switches! Overall a pleasant room.

Had to queue for breakfast the first morning but after that it was OK. Choice at breakfast was good with a fine selection of foods - European, Chinese etc. Fruit juice was awful – really poor quality and the coffee was only OK. Ate in the evening once in the hotel and the quality and service were fine but quite expensive compared to local restaurants.

There is a small mall nearby (turn left at the hotel entrance) with a variety of shops with some bargains to be had. Tesco in the mall was a lot cheaper for drinking water than in the hotel and also had a good choice of fruits etc.

Head towards the Hilton (25 min walk) and there are loads of restaurants. Usual pizza and Italian restaurants, Burger King plus some Thai food places for for something more local. Prices vary from around 400 (good, tasty food) upwards. The brewery restaurant attached to the Hilton was about 1000 baht for something simple. The Sawaree restaurant just opposite has a varied menu and a good meal can be had for two for around 600 baht. Try the fried rice in pineapple."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

Not up to Thai Standards, but OK

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Having visited many various resorts in Thailand before, we wanted to try Hua Hin and felt it would be ideal as a short break (9 nights) destination. We obtained a good deal through our agent, but couldnt get into our chosen hotel, the Hilton as it was fully booked.The Marriot seemed like a good 2nd choice due to its location and the reputation of the chain. we arrived very late at night,and was greeted by a concierge who looked fed up. We got to our room which was supposed to be a Sea View Double upgraded room, however it was a twin. The concierge told me that it was all they had avaible, so we left it for then in order to get to bed after the journey. I complained the morning after and was offered a standard garden view as an alternative, but the room had an over powering odour of mold, so we rejected it. The final choice was to stay in our room which had obviously been renovated, but have to accept the 2 beds pushed toghether.
It wasnt all bad, as the standard of the food in the hotel was excellent, although drinks worked out expensive.The breakfasts were really excellent. We ate out most nights, and the hotel is a pleasant 10 minute walk into town, or a 2 minute tuk-tuk drive.
My real complaint is that the hotel iteslf appears to be very tired, and would benefit from a total refit. The staff appear to be under a lot of pressure, especially around the pool, whereby they are constantly pushed to try and sell drinks to the guests. One un-named pool waiter, told me that if he didnt sell a certain quota of drink each day, that he would be in serious trouble, which explains why they appear so demoralised. I certainly dont expect to go to a resort hotel to have goods and services forced on to me. The management shoud really look at their strategy and realise that they are alientating guests. The hotel was in a good position on anice stretch of beach, and with a little bit of effort from the company, would result in a top class hotel, but as it stands, I wouldnt return there, I would book a little earlier and get the Hilton instead, which we looked at and it looked fantastic. For now though, it will be back to Koh Samui next year!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

The breakfast is the best

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"The Marriott is one of those hotels you will leave without emotions.American standard as you can find all over the world.Besides that all phenomenons of mass-tourism including the tattoed couple.That leaves marks on the staff,who has obviously difficulties to keep the famous Thai friendliness. We had booked a seaside room at a reasonable price.If we had to pay for the more expensive season ,our review could have become even more critical.As the title shows the breakfast was overwhelming in a positive sentence that was,too the room-service in a bad sentence.You cannot let somebody wait till the late afternoon until the room was made up."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

Tropical Paradise

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"From the first moment of walking into the foyer, a pleasurable relaxing feeling came over me. It was nice after some many hard days shopping trips. Staff were very friendly. The Hotels decor and gardens were superb, with many relaxing water features.
The pool area was beautiful with a view of the sea from most areas around the hotel.
Night time was very romantic with lanterns and candels giving a warm glow over the resort.
Plenty of free activites such as Yoga and water aerobics every morning, and other activities during the day.

The beach area was lovely, although all the hawkers were anoying some of the time. Plenty of activites on the beach if wanting an active holiday. Horse riding, very cheap and excellant well trained horses. Jet ski-ing was also fun and exciting.

Plenty of cheap restaurants around town the lots of markets.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
Linda, Harden Australia."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

new experience

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Marriott in June 2006, the hotel is right on the beach which is great. This chain of hotels have upgraded their beds and bedding and the rooms were beautiful, we have never seen so many pillows on one huge bed.... this was bigger than a super king size. The only criticism is the fact that to get to our rooms we had to walk right through the dining room(semi open air) at times this felt very uncomfortable when people were partaking in romantic meals and a group of 5 tramped passed their tables. On a poitive note the childrens club and staff were excellent, we never actually ate in the hotel as the prices were quite expensive, an example was at happy hour in the afternoon 2 cocktails were £8 this consisted of white wine and orange juice. The location of this hotel requires a tuk tuk ride to town, or 1/2 hour walk on a very busy road. Alternatively the walk down the beach was much quicker but not suitable on an evening."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

beachside paradise

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Hua Hin staying at the Marriot. We were delighted on arrival at the the ambience of the hotel. The Foyer was divine and the gardens and surrounding salas magnificent. You will not be disappointed. The pool althought not huge is a good size and family friendly. On check in my friends were all upgraded to beach front suites - we were on the 6th
floor with a glorious view over the gulf. All rooms are similar in size and have balconies. some rooms in the garden looked dark but ours was light, clean and comfortable. The rooms were average hotel size with a nice big bed -small bathrooms. Baths were miniture. breakfast is huge and set in the garden. great choice of food on offer
My only negative would be the cost of the spa which is beautiful but VERY expensive and you must watch them on time. we booked an hour massage which cost $A200+ each They only massaged for 40 min.. I complained and instantly received a 30 min complimentary foot massage. Divine. The spa is one of the prettiest I've seen. worth a visit if only to have a look.
Massages in the village 300BHT -excellent value.
The hotel is close to town with a short walk up the beach. we accessed the town through the Hilton Hotel
Watch the Price -everything at the hotel has a ++ attached. ends up being expensive for drinks so wait for happy hour when its 2 for 1!!! have a great stay Julie and paul- Canberra, Australia"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Hotels near Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa

Top traveller tips for Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa

• Alfie F by Alfie F

"just relax and take it in don't worry about anything else just go along with it and you'll end up just appreciating sitting down and relaxing "

Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa is also called