Exterior

Good

Overall this is a very good, well run ho...

Reviewed 9th June 2008

"Overall this is a very good, well run hotel situated extremely conveniently on the beach right in the centre of Hua Hin. These advantages also cause the main disadvantage - namely the outside space available. The pool area is large (for a city hotel) with a number of free form pools linked together, all areas are surrounded by sun beds but even then, in busy times there are not enough. OK - the beach is right there, but if you want a sunbed and umbrella in peak season - then get up early and beat the germans (of which I think the biggest proportion of guests derive from). This really was my only gripe and it was a minor one as we always managed to find two beds in the end. The rest of the public area are very attractive and of the standard you'd expect from the Hilton. The bedrooms are spacious, comfortable all with views over the sea, with nice contemporary bathrooms and walk-in showers. The breakfast offers all you could possibly want although it's not the best I've experienced, it's very good indeed. The restaurants didn't do it for me though, although some guests were delighted with the hotel dining. But the beauty of the hotels situation is that you are surrounded by some fantastic restaurants with the highest quality seafood at low, low prices so there wasn't ever the need to even consider eating in unless you wanted to. Lunches, on the beach are some of the best 'shacks' you could hope to find and the papaya salad with shrimp for £1 has to be one of my favorite all time meals (daily - so I tried a number of them No5 preparing the best in our opinion). The staff are extremely courteous and very very efficient, and it is easy to see that they enjoy working at the hotel, which speaks volumes for the way it is managed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel and there were many guests we met who return again and again."

• Travel date: 9th June 2008

First class hotel, rooms spacious and cl...

Reviewed 6th March 2007

"First class hotel, rooms spacious and clean. The staff are helpful and friendly. The hotel pool is first class, lots of room with a section for the children. Plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas also. We stayed during the run up to Christmas and during the Kings birthday celebrations. The hotel marked the lighting of the Christmas tree with a drink and buffet which was lovely. On the King's birthday we all gathered outside the hotel and lit candles. Very convenient location, front of the hotel is in the middle of Hua Hin and the back of the hotel is on the beach. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and plenty of bars - all show football matches! The night market is a 5 mins walk away where there are plenty of food stalls as well stalls selling handicrafts, t/shirts etc. The choice of restaurants is good from Thai to English with Italian, French and others thrown in. We would certainly go back there again."

• Travel date: 6th March 2007

This hotel seems impossible to fault, I ...

Reviewed 26th January 2007

"This hotel seems impossible to fault, I arrived in mid afternoon on a Monday on my honeymoon and we could not have been treated better. We were already on a natural high, but the treatment from the staff, from the moment we arrived made us feel like King's and Queen's. The rooms are extremely spacious and fully air conditioned with bathrooms with both a bath and walk in shower. They were presented and cleaned to the highest standards. The hotel is situated conveniently within Hua Hin, close to all local shops and bars. The nightlife around was not over raucous but this is what we were looking for, somewhere with a bit of life but not full of ‘party animals’. There are plenty of lovely restaurants in the town especially seafood specialist places around the pier. The breakfast was both fresh and comprehensive within the hotel serving European, American, Japanese and also local delicacies. I have read groans elsewhere about the architecture of the Hilton, but this hotel makes you feel really special and I can’t recommend it any higher."

• Travel date: 26th January 2007

Fantastic hotel, great location!!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Just returned from hilton. Stayed for 3 weeks. Check in was as smooth as can be. All the staff are wonderful. Room (bay view) was sufficiant. A little in need of a repaint though. There was lots of building work directly next to the hotel at the sofitel and lots of work taking place inside the hotel when we were there. The hotel couldn't be in a better location for restaurants and dinner etc. Beach was pretty awful to be truthful. If you are looking to snorkle... forget it! Have been to many countries but really enjoyed myself here and kids had a great time as there were lots of families at the hotel to play with. Must sees are: River kwai. 3 hours away but can do this with elephant treking and TIGER TEMPLE!!! All in one tour in a day. We all (4 year old included) stroked tigers! They are well kept in a monestry and are treated as equals. No whips or anything used to tame them. Got fantastic photos. Tour has to be put together as is not available, just ask at the tour desk. Must also go to pala-u waterfall. Again the kids had a great time swam with lots of koi and in the waterfall. Must go to monkey mountain as the monkeys are so funny, can hand feed them bananas. In all I would recomend this hotel to everyone. The location is fantastic and you could do a tour to somewhere different every day if you wanted or just laze by the lovely pool. the staff are wonderful and so friendly."

• Travel date: 12th September 2006

Superb Hotel

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I have just returned from staying at the Hilton Hua Hin for nine nights. I cannot commend this hotel highly enough in ALL aspects it exceeded my expectations. The staff are absolutely wonderful from the minute you check in to the minute you leave. Nothing is too much trouble. In terms of location the hotel is superb and Hua Hin a wonderful place with some really great restaurants, although food in the hotel is great too and very reasonable in price. The beach is not really brilliant but the pool area more than made up for this is my view. If there was one little complaint it would be about the Spa which I do not feel is as good as it could be, but because there are so many excellent massage places available close by don't let that worry you ! I can't wait to go back and would definately recommend the Hilton to anyone I know. EXCELLENT !"

• Travel date: 5th September 2006

Relaxing

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"23rd August 2006 Trip Advisor Member Just recently came back from Hua Hin stayed 7 nights at the Hilton Hotel, excellent hotel and beautiful buffet breakfast, staff friendly, hotel central , walking distance to restaurants and night markets, great place to relax ."

• Travel date: 21st August 2006

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed in Hilton Hua Hin from 14th to 17th August. Was deciding between Aleenta Resort, Sofitel Resort and Hilton. We finally chose Hilton because of the location and it was the right choice! Service was great throughout our stay. Even though we are Asians but I did not feel any discrimination. The room (Bay room) is great... huge, clean and bright. I was blown away when we first stepped into the room... especially when I got a good view of the sea and hua hin town. The Beach was disappointing... small and def. unlike those in Nusa Dua in Bali. Fortunately, the pool was big and inviting and there were many sunbeds around for us to sun tan and laze around. The only blip is that there are many pple who wake up early to reserve the sunbeds... they leave their towels on the sunbeds and disappear for some time... thus I will suggest you reserve a sunbed before going for breakfast. The location of Hilton is great.... you can find good food and good massage places just outside the hotel. While it is cheaper to eat outside the hotel, but it is worth while to check out Hua Hin Brewery Restaurant at Hilton. They have live bands that play every night. During our stay, we also tried the Hilton Spa. We had a bad initial experience as the massage lasted only 25mins (when we paid for a 45mins session). The massages were also not strong enough and we both felt that the massage standard was very poor considering the money we paid and the fact that it is a Hilton spa. Fortunately, the spa manager arranged for us to come back the next day to have a 25mins complimentary massage (the masseuses were better too). For those who are planning to visit Hua Hin during the Chinese Hungry Ghost Month (Aug to Sept 2006), we will suggest you follow the custom of ringing the door bell before you step into the room. My boyfriend had problems sleeping for the first 2 nights and only managed to had a restful sleep after he rang the door bell on our 3rd day of stay. Overall, an enjoyable trip and we definitely voted Hilton HuaHin to be the best hotel we stayed in during our 1 week holiday in Thailand (Other hotels include Arnoma Hotel and Banyan Tree Hotel in Bangkok)."

• Travel date: 19th August 2006

Exceeded My Expectation! One Of The Best!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"This hotel exceeded my expectation---from start to finish. I stayed here for 3 nights with my parents. Service: The service was excellent from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. When we arrived, the front desk clerk immediately asked us to sit on the sofa, handed us warm towels for our hands and served us refreshing tea. We checked in while sitting down, sipping tea. The front desk manager came out and introduced himself and explained to me that as a HH Gold member, they would like us to choose our room (one an upgraded suite w/less view, another a regular room with great views). We were escorted by the one of the front desk clerk to see the rooms (we chose the suite with partial view). Then we were given complimentary bfast (there were 3 people in my room, we were all got comp). Throughout our stay, everyone was helpful from the restaurant staff, to the tour guides, to the front desk. Even when we checked out, they didn't drop the ball. After checking out, the concierge called us a cab. A front desk clerk, personally stood with us and waited with us until a cab came and then waved goodbye to us! Rooms/Facilities: The rooms are very clean. There is a nice pool, the spa is great as well. They also have little huts, by the pool that you can get a massage on which is really nice. Exactly what you'd expect of a Hilton. Location: The hotel is located in the center of town, so location is great. It's also beach front. But the beach is a public beach ( i think public by law) and is very, very small. I didn't spend much time on the beach, I pretty much stayed by the pool. Food: The food is great and the price is unbelievably fair for hotel food. The Bfast buffet is quite extensive---I usually skip lunch because I'm still so full from bfast. They serve freshly squeezed OJ. I highly recommend this hotel because of the unbelievable service. If you want beach, this is not the hotel for you. But if you like hanging out at the pool, this hotel has a great pool with slides too."

• Travel date: 15th August 2006

Nice Hotel but not a European 5 star

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"Just got back from a stay in the Sofitel Silom Bangkok (5 days) and the Hua Hin Hilton. The two hotels were very different in that Hua Hin is a "resort" hotel whilst the Sofitel is very much a city "base" hotel. Both were good in there own way but I have stayed in better 5 star hotels in Asia than the Hua Hin Hilton whilst the Sofitel was total luxury! Don't get me wrong, the room (we had a Pacific suite) was lovely with a great view of the beach, pool etc but prices were inflated ~ If you ate in the hotel itself (750Bts for one person in the restaurant buffet would pay for two good meals in a number of good, friendly restaurants around the resort). It's also worth looking at hiring a Tuk Tuk or Taxi yourself to get you to local excursions ( ie Monkey Village) instead of using in hotel facilities (remember to barter, it's expected and is done in a friendly way). Visit the night market (well within walking distance) but be prepared - Everything closes down at around 10PM! Even in the hotel (which was always deserted at night) you could not play snooker / pool/ etc after 9.00pm and the hotel entertainment (if you like it) was not really there! Breakfast was excellent and well worth us pre ordering before we left the UK . A can of coke however was 14Bts at the supermarket directly opposite the hotel as opposed to 50Bts at the pool. The noise from building work that a previous reviewer mentions, was prevelant from the Sofitel renovations ( be aware if you are thinking about staying there as there is a fair bit of work going on!) but it would also be fair to say that the Hilton are doing the odd bit of renovating as well (as the people moved out of the room next to ours, it was gutted by decorators and was still in the process of being redecorated as we left ) It was our opinion the Hilton itself was in need of some refurbishment, looking a bit "tatty "in places but, the staff courtesy and the general Thai experience was worth a couple of old cupboards or the balcony needing a bit of a repaint. Location is good for the resort and if you want to buy a suit be prepared for a massive choice! Overall a good experience at probably the best hotel Hua Hin has to offer at the moment but don't expect a Shangri La or European 5 star quality. I'd give it a 4star rating myself"

• Travel date: 11th August 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Stayed at this hotel for 12 days at the beginning of July. Our room was on the right of the hotel and was pretty spacious with a balcony overlooking the sea and the Sofitel Hotel. Wasn't too impressed with the view from this side of the hotel and there was work going on next to the hotel which was noisy and could continue until about 8:00-8:30pm. We went to reception to ask about changing our room and they had one on the left of the hotel which gave a lovely view over the hotel swimming pool and Hua Hin town and harbour. The transfer was easily done. Large bathroom with seperate shower and the furniture and beds were clean and in good condition. Rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard. The food at the hotel is pretty good however we only had breakfast and lunch as there is so many good restuarants outside the hotel especially if you like seafood. The hotel is so well located in the centre of town and close to supermarkets and shops. My only critisism would be about the swimming pool. It was a bit small especially if hotel is busy. There is supposed to be a no reservation policy on sunloungers however i would go out to the balcony at 7:00-7:30 in the morning and see lots of guests putting towels, books and bags on loungers and leaving, not coming back to 9:00-10:00 or even later. Towards the end of the holiday the pool staff were taking towels of the loungers when guests had left. There was a lot of children at the main pool too giving the impression that the kids pool was not being used to any great extent. However we had a great holiday and the service is exceptional and the staff extremely friendly and polite. I would recommend the hotel to anyone considering Hua Hin."

• Travel date: 1st August 2006

Lovely room

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We stayed at the Hilton in July on the final part of our honeymoon. As it was our honeymoon we were lucky enough to be given an upgrade to a suite which was fantastic, it was like having your own penthouse flat overlooking the sea. We had a massive balcony and four poster bed and huge lounge area. They even gave us a cake wishing us a happy honeymoon. The room was fantastic. As for the hotel itself, I am sure that it when it first opened it was amazing, but now it needs some work doing to it as it is a bit shabby. The pool area is very busy and noisy. As this was the final part of our honeymoon i was looking forward to a relaxing time by the pool, which just was not possible. First of all you have to hope that you get a sunbed as they are usually all gone by 9.00 as people reserve them and then disappear for the rest f the day. If you are lucky enough to get a bed you have to hope that you don't get by a ball from the pool or be splashed by a kid jumping into the pool. The brekfast at the hotel was good, not as good as other hotels but still better than average. I would not however recommend any other food at the hotel. On our first night we were very tired and ordered some pizza, calzone, spring rolls and calamari as room service. The pizza was ok but a bit soggy, the calzone was full of bacon rind (rather than bacon, three long strands altogther) and the spring rolls and calamari were increadibly greasy. We also ate at the chinese restaurant, I mentioned that we were on our honeymoon and asked for the best table, they gave us one that faced nothing rather than the town. The food was not very good. We wanted to order half a duck but they only do whole ducks which they assured us would not be too much for two people. We gave up after 6 pancakes each and still had halve left. The duck was not crispy and was very greasy. Unfortunately the rest of the meal was also not up to the standards you'd expect when paying that sort of money and was so unmemorable that I can not tell you what else we ate. A big bonus for the hilton is that it is in the centre of everything, so there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby. I would in particular recommend getting a tuk tuk to Lets Sea which is a fantastic sea restaurant, unlike the Chinese at the Hilton I can remember everything we ate there! There are also a few good Thai restaurants near the hotel one of which is Jasmines. If you walk right to the end of the beach before the temple there is a seafood restauarnt on the right, which a lot of the Thais go to and does very good cheap seafood, we had crab, prawns and mussels, rice and beer and it only came to £7.00!"

• Travel date: 23rd July 2006

Not worth five stars, but OK

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We (2 persons) stayed in Hilton Hua Hin for 14 days from Christmas to after New Year's Eve. I was disappointed with many details, but they didn't ruin our holiday. We had a very modern looking and spacious Gulf Room (for extra charge) with two balconies, nice bathroom / toilet, shower closet and separate bathtub. Opposed to many others' reviews, we weren't satisfied with cleaning. Bath and bed linen weren't changed for three days, and we had to ask for that. This is not usual in Thailand. This happened again too. The breakfast was OK, nothing special compared to what I've got in more modest hotels in Thailand before. There wasn't that much variety for two weeks, even though the buffet has both Asian and Western food (English and American style breakfast). The swimming pool area is weird, because some people are getting up at even before 8 AM and reserving the sunbeds. There's a lot of noise in the.pool area; activities and music, so I didn't enjoy reading there. The beach is modest, I didn't see anyone taking sun there. There were some horses on the beach (for offering tourists chance to ride them) and the smell of those animals comes to the pool area with the wind). The hotel staff was polite, but not as friendly as I've used to in Thailand (during several visits in Koh Samui, Bangkok and Phuket). The New Year's Eve gala dinner was included in our trip. The buffet dinner was OK, but it wasn't the best dinner I had in Hua Hin. When we left our table for a couple minutes, the waitress took away our half-full sparkling wine botle, even though we had food on the plates hadn't definitely finished. We complained with our friends to the hotel management, but when checking out, they still tried to charge for the sparkling wine. This wasn't a big issue, but you wouldn't expect this in Hilton. Hotel is located well, close to the tourist shops an restaurants in Hua Hin. If I ever go back to Hua Hin, I will probably try the Sofitel next to Hilton for more luxurious and quiet atmosphere. My best moment in Hilton Hua Hin was dinner in the chinese restaurant one the rooftop terrace. There you get a nice view over Hua Hin. Food was excellent, service was good and wines were recommended to us. However, this restaurant is 1.5 or 2 times the price of local restaurants. I'd still say it's worth the money and definitely a nice one of the must-see places in Hua Hin even though you didn't stay at the Hilton."

• Travel date: 21st July 2006