Hotel entrance day view

Good Location with clean room

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"This is a nice hotel in the heart of Colombo. We stayed here for about 12 days during the hottest month in Sri Lanka. So the airconditioning came in handy. The rooms are well appointed and were nice and clean. The rooms come with an inhouse safe - very handy and easy to use. We needed an ironing board on several occassions, so we rang up reception and they had it sent up to us quickly. The staff was very polite and always helpful. The Indian restaurant in the hotel is exceptional and we ate there on several occassions. We highly recommend it. All in all we would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 9th May 2006

Dont Bother!

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"This place really needs a revamp. The interior is dated, dusty, decrepit in parts. The service is abysmal. For $75 USD you'd expect more. If you can, pay the little extra and stay elsewhere. The street is dreary, the pool is OK, the breakfast is sloppy. Never again."

• Travel date: 30th April 2006

Adequate

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Holiday Inn rooms were ok, a little worse for wear but bathrooms fine and clean. Food was so-so, breakfast buffet nothing to write home about. Location was good , within walking distance of nicer hotels (for snacks) and small shopping center (for internet access and foot massage). Close to local train station. Drivers always waiting to take you somewhere for fairly cheap fares."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2005

Excellent restaurant

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel overnight at the start of our tour of the island. The hotel itself was very nice, and the rooms were large, well appointed and well equipped. As per the last post - there was a free safe in the room so there was no issue with security. The food in the restaurant, was excellent - one of the best meals we had in Sri Lanka."

• Travel date: 19th September 2005

Beware this hotel lets thieves into your room

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"I stayed here with my family. Reasonable facilities however had a bad experience. Although the hotel room doors can be opened only with an electronic key - my wife's jewellery was stolen! It was only possible for someone who had access (hotel staff) to come into the room and taken it in our absence. The hotel of course said we should have kept the jewellery in their safe in the lobby and offered no compensation or regrets. The General Manager refused to even see us.! Imagine if you have a lap top could you leave it in the lobby safe every time you go out? Perhaps when you go down for breakfast or lunch or dinner? It would not fit the safe anyway. I heard several people had their belongings stolen. BEWARE! I have stayed at other hotels in Colombo and had no problems. I stay regularly at holiday inn hotels worldwide. But I will not stay in this one ever because of the way the hotel General Manager behaved in response to our complaint!"

• Travel date: 8th January 2005

dark lobby but comfortable room

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Comfy room, good tourist class hotel. Lobby a bit "dark" - this might be wholly "imagined" on my part but the "lighting" won't win any prizes. Swimming pool area's Ok - not great but acceptable - large trees but not enough attractive ground level greenery. Good value - if you're lookiing for a medium priced hotel that's reliable - this is IT!"

• Travel date: 4th November 2004