Entrance

Zackrys dog house

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Zackrys dog house more like it we had stayed in many back packers but this was one of the worst it was pricey for a start the toilet leaked on the floor which is your shower floor, the owner was rude unless he was drunk , and the two blokes helping him or what ever they where made it quiet clear unless you were a young female they didnt want to know you. the only thing good i can say that was alright was the air con was quiet but with the dogs barking all night and the drunken quests it didnt matter that it was quiet. will not be staying there again."

• Travel date: 6th December 2008

Close to beach. Great location. Good times.

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"Stayed here quite recently. Had a great trip there. Its very close to the beach. And if you like your food...the indian restaurant British Raj next door I recommend highly. The best Indian food I have tasted in my 3 years in Malaysia. Mango restaurant is close by as well and serves very good malay food. Especially the fish dishes. The facilities in the guesthouse are great. Youve got internet and the rooms are clean. No air con in my room but you get what you pay for. My only objectable comment. But in terms of a low budget place with friendly staff, thats safe, close to the beach and parties, I recommend very highly. Hope to go back soon :) Christian"

• Travel date: 18th November 2008

Great service, fun vibe

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Now here's a well run guesthouse. We've visited a few on the other end of the spectrum lately so it was great to finally arrive at one that cares about its customers. Right from the moment we arrived we had a warm welcome from the friendly and efficient staff. The rooms are basic but clean and what's really nice is the overall atmosphere and little extra touches like free tea and coffee, a communal kitchen for guests to use and staff that come hang out with guests in the evening to play cards or chat. We really appreciated the good service when it started to rain heavily for several hours and a leak developed in our roof. We were moved and upgraded from a fan room to aircon within seconds of mentioning it. If all this isn't enough, the price is reasonable and there's free wifi. We're tempted to stay a week instead of the two days we've booked!"

• Travel date: 29th October 2008

Not too bad

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Zackry's guest house is an ok place to stay in Langkawi. It is a cheap place to stay and I suppose you get what you pay for. We were a little disappointed when we first arrived as we had organised with Zack for a taxi to collect us from the airport. But after waiting for half an hour we realised one wasn't organised for us. On arrival at the guest house we were informed that Zack he had given away our room as we had not arrived by a certain time. However our email correspondence clearly showed the conversations we had with Zack in relation to what flight and what time we would be in, however he claimed he had none. Thankfully another room was found for us. The air conditioning in the room was great but I think it would be helpful if the holes in the windows were fixed to enable it to work better and to keep the mozzies out. Also the plumbing in the bathroom could be fixed, every time we flushed the toilet water came out at the seal all over the floor and we were a little concerned that it was unhygienic. I can't fault the cleaners, they did a great job of cleaning the rooms and common areas each day. Zack seems to be a great guy but at times he was rather abrupt and it appeared he wasn't interested in helping you out. Zackry's is in a great place and you meet some great fellow travellers. There are also a number of really good and cheap restaurants around. I would go back to Zackry's place, as you definately get an authentic travellers experience. I just don't think it would be great for children or those wanting a quiet romantic getaway."

• Travel date: 8th September 2008

Great atmosphere, friendly helpful staff, good hostel

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"When my friend and i arrived we received a warm welcome. The place had a really nice feel about it.. The communal areas were nicely kept and the cleaners come everyday to clean the rooms. We were recommended somewhere to eat which was great and really cheap. They also booked a trip out for us which was hassle free. There is internet access and a drinks fridge which is run on a trust basis. Just over the road near the holiday villa there is a gorgeous beach. I would recommend doing the island hoping, where you go to a fresh water lake, have catfish clean your feet (if you want), see eagles and relax on a nice beach. Take plenty of water as you are out all morning. Also the seven wells waterfalls are good for a visit. We also hired a car for 50RM per day which worked out much cheaper that getting taxis everywhere. This was also completely hassle free. Langkawi is a beautiful place and everything ran very smoothly. Feel free to email with any questions"

• Travel date: 20th May 2008

Very welcoming

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"We arrived at Langkawi airport, and Zachry's was recommended to us by the information desk - we were made very welcome, our room was brand new, and the shared bathrooms were great - really clean and well kept. A great location too, a moment away from the beach and loads of restaurants and entertainment a short, enjaoyable walk away - thanks!"

• Travel date: 23rd January 2008

Best Guest House We've Been To!

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Stayed here for five nights at the start of December, only left when we did because it was fully booked up for the LIMA airshow. Spotlessly clean room, larger than many much more expensive hostels/hotels we've been to. Rooms are cleaned every day, even to the extent of our dirty clothes being neatly folded. The communal kitchen was perfectly suitable for light cooking, breakfasts etc. The TV area was a little cramped as another reviewer has said, but the day after we left a new much larger area was being opened as well as some more rooms. The owners are very friendly, as are the two dogs. The internet and drinks are provided on a trust basis, money for the net goes into a box, drinks you note how many on a slip of paper and pay for at the end of your stay. We've been travelling for 18 months, this is probably the best place we've stayed at."

• Travel date: 24th December 2007

Okay

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"This place was basic but clean apart from ants running up and down the walls. The staff we're friendly when we seen them, but this place has a kitchen and a fridge where you can store you're own food which is handy. Location is okay but found Cenang Beach to be better with more to offer, such as restaurants, bars,shops and travel agents. The best thing about this place was BIG JOE's English bar that is situated at the front of the guesthouse and has the cheapest beer and best craic on the island!! We stayed there for 2 nights and then moved to Cenang Beach, but still came to Joe's bar in the evening!!"

• Travel date: 13th March 2007

Can't wait for my next visit!

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"I stayed at Zackry's between 30 December 2006 and 7 January 2007. I tried 2 different rooms - one with shared facilities and one with private bathrooom. Both were clean and comfortable. The owners are friendly and welcoming - and Joe's rapidly-developing bar adjacent to Zack's adds much to the overall experience. The customers are friendly, the beer is cheap - and the living is easy ;-) Fellow travellers at the guesthouse joined-in with the festive fun - and there are plently of places to eat/drink nearby to add that extra variety if you are staying longer than a week or so. There is a beautiful beach within 5 minutes walk - and you can use the facilities - swimming pool etc - at the nearby Holiday Villa resort, without having to pay to stay there. Like the previous reviewer, Bindi (who I met at Joe's) I'd thoroughly recommend hiring a car to get around. It's inexpensive - less than a tenner for 24-hours - and there's plenty to see all over the island for a couple of days. Driving on Langkawi is safe too. In summary, I had some great times during my week on Langkawi. I made friends easily, even though travelling alone - and I can't wait to get back to the island towards the end of 2007. I fully intend to spend both Christmas and New Year there next time."

• Travel date: 21st January 2007

A wonderful home away from home

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"I have spent 4 days at this place and I must say I was vey sad to leave. I only intended on staying in Langkawi for 2 days but I decided to stay because of the way this guest house is run. It really has a family feel and the staff and owners really do bend over backwards for you. It also is a great place to meet fellow travellers. The rooms are very clean and spacious. There is a comfortable seating area with a sofa ,tables and chairs and a tv/dvd player. There is also a bar which has sattelite tv where you can watch live football games etc. The drinks are very cheap and Langkawi is a duty free island so beer is really inexpensive.Also there is internet available. The location is excellent as it is very close to the beach and there are many bars and restaurants close by. This place really is perfect for travellers and I will stay here again on my wauy back from Australia."

• Travel date: 1st November 2006

Hotels near Zackry Guest House

Zackry Guest House is also called

• guest house langkawi
  • guest house malaisie
  • hotel zackry guest house