definately childfriendly

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"after surfing on the internet we found this amazing hotel and although a lot of reviewers say this place is mostly for couples we decided to give it a try with our 18 months old. We were not disappointed! Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff who sat down with us and showed us things to do and answered our questions. The rooms were beautiful, we stayed our first night in white frangipani and the three following nights in blue ginger (due to availability). Both rooms were excellent though the white frangipani was just slightly better. I`m definately not a cat-lover but didn`t find the animals around the hotel at all disturbing. We had almost all our lunches and dinners at the hotel and were never disappointed. There was never any problem to make special food for our daughter either. The fact that the hotel is really small was the best part for us travelling with a small child. When our daughter was asleep we borrowed a babywatcher (?) from the hotel so that we could have a dinner just ten meters away from our daughter but stil feel safe that we could hear her if she would wake up.

We walked a couple of times to an nearby beach but did`nt find it disturbing that the hotel isn`t by the sea. The pool is quite small but nice and the surroundings are very calm and beautiful. We saw a lot of different birds and flowers. We took a three hour djungletrekk arranged by the hotel with a private guide. It was definately recommendable!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

Just Amazing!!!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Well what can I say this resort is truly everything we had hoped for and much much more. If your like us and not in to big resorts this is the perfect place to relax and unwind it's just so peaceful. I think there are seven traditional Malaysian houses to choose from making it a sure bet the resort is never heaving with people and you can always find space around the pool sometimes you can have it to yourself. The accommodation is also fab, we stayed in Palm House and we loved it, huge wooden bath tub, four poster bed and much much more! TV and DVD in the house but no cable TV, for me this was perfect!! The food was equally as amazing and the staff really made us feel peronally welcome. The resturant is one of the best on the island and really popular in the evenings. This resort is just so relaxing with lots of cusion covered corners to chill out in and some furry friends to boot. The owner runs an animal sanctuary so there are plenty of feline friends and the bar dog shane who are always happy for attention. Without a doubt we will go back it's the best place we have ever stayed truly a slice of heaven!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of November 2006

Perfect relaxation

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at Bon Ton for 3 nights towards the end of our 5 week honeymoon and it was PERFECT! Utter peace and relaxation with really nice style details. All the staff were really friendly yet not intrusive. If we're ever in Langkawi again it goes without saying that we'll stay at Bon Ton again"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

Bon Ton - Great Malaysian Houses

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Bon Ton's Malaysian houses were wonderful.
Great atmosphere and service was fantastic. I stayed there for four nights and felt like I was part of the family everytime I came back to the resort. Staff was GREAT and very helpful!

The only problem is that Bon Ton is not on the beach. They will take you to the beach anytime for free. I would recommend a few days at bon ton even for the beach lover.

We stayed in White Frag., which was great. I also liked Yellow and Blue with their outdoor bathtubs. Laguna is also great if you want a bigger place."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of October 2006

Heaven on Earth!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"This is the most beautiful, tranquil place on earth. We stayed for 4nights then moved on, but came back to see everyone on our last night on Langawi - the staff couldn't be more helpful, the restaurant is outstanding, the sunsets are breathtaking. We hope to return soon!!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of September 2006

Bon Ton - the ultimate place to chill

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I never understood why people go to resorts and don't leave the property - until I went to Bon Ton.

Don't get me wrong - Langkawi is a beautiful island - but Bon Ton is definitely the highlight.

A beautiful setting, sensational food and personal service. It is the ultimate place to chill. Even if you can't stay there - make sure you check out the restaurant and bar.

ahhh Bon Ton . . . I want to live there - c'mon narelle - how about a job??

I can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Wonderful Staff at BonTon

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Hi

We decided to stay a week at the BonTon with 2 small children, against some advice from other readers on the forum. We did consider the Pelangi and the Andaman, but decided to do something different from the typical resort experience.

We stayed at Black Coral which slept all of us comfortably and then moved to SILK when it came available (2 separate bedrooms)

I can't say enough about the staff, especially Amir who was so helpful. My 4 year old still talks about him. The animals were an adventure for the children, and the staff were great with them. The food is amazing at the restaurant - we ended up eating there every night, especially after going to the Datai and being disappointed by the food compared with the BonTon.

The kampung houses are very dramatic and stylish, but believe me, it is like camping in some ways. The houses are open air and obviously, bugs and creepy crawlies can get in, but this was an adventure for the kids. I realised after day 2 that I didn't need to bring the usual things for resorty holidays -

We really enjoyed it, though the first night was a bit of a shock as a monsoon rain came down - it was like being outdoors. It was a very special experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone except those squeamish by the outdoors.

We will go again - highly recommended."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Amazing resort

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Me and my partner stayed at the Bon Ton Reosrt for 4 nights and we both agreed that this is the best resort we have ever stayed in.
We loved the personal service we have received while stayed there, the staff are all very friendly and polite.
The reosrt itself is beautifully done, all 7 huts were being decorated individully.
Not to mention the restuarant.. the foods are just amazing. More pricy compare with the resturant outside the resorts but definitely worth it.
If we ever go back to Langkwai we would surely go back to Bon Ton again."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of June 2006

when can we return?

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"We returned yesterday from a trip to Australia which ended with a week's stay at BonTon.
BonTon is just beautiful, the staff and service friendly but unintrusive, the pool hardly busy and the most stunning sunset views.
It is certainly a place to get away from it all, relax and enjoy.

The Nam restaurant has fantastic food which is consistent, we recommend the 2 mini-burgers for lunch and the gorgeous beef fillet or lamb for dinner. The mashed potato is as good as the reviews say and now we even have the receipe!!

The resort is next to the Animal shelter but did not cause us a problem, the cats are friendly but do not pester you at all. We particularly are fond of Mittens and Skippy!

We stayed in the Yellow Orchid and the room was comfortable and large enough for two. Just make sure the air con unit is working to full capacity early on, something we didn't do! The outside bathroom was a novelty, but been warned for the mozzies, you are given everything possible to deal with them. There are a far few bugs around and it did freak me to find a millipede crawling across my pillow at 3.30am!

thanks to Narelle, Jane and the team for the excellent job

We will return, but don't tell too many people we want to be able to book it!

Claire and Dave Marshall UK"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

Wonderful Bon Ton!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"If you want to have a romantic relaxing holiday then BonTon Resort is a wonderful place to spend a few days. There is no beach but the pool is great to relax beside.
Book the best table at their restaurant for a special occasion meal, a wide and varied menu, we wanted to try everything. Watch the sunset, with a cocktail in hand, from the decks overlooking the wetlands. You will enjoy the antics of all the birdlife in the lagoon. Purchase special gifts from the little boutique an the entrance to the restaurant.
Accomodation is in some lovely restored Malay houses dotted around the property, Laguna was the best we thought. The staff are very friendly and helpful, we could not fault there service.
The owners run a cat shelter and there are a few cats out and about but don't let this put you off, they were all very well behaved and not intrusive at all.
A lovely place to stay and would throughly recommend it."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of April 2006