Good

worth a visit

Good
Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"went with a bunch of friends and we were pleasantly surprised with the hospitality of the bella vista. cool hotel with friendly services. i read some reviews and was skeptical but some locals in kl suggested it so we tried it anyways. its was definitely worth every single penny. drinks were generally cheap and the other guests were fun to be with. the view was amazing as its right on the water but can get very windy at times. the staff was pleasant, not entirely fluent in English but willing to understand us. overall i was glad that i decided to stay there for my week in Langkawi. I stayed in a junior suite which was definitely up to my standards and well worth the price.
hope you find this useful
cheers"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2008

No Bella

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I was also attracted by the Castle like outlook of the hotel, booked for 2N through AirAsia package, only came to read about all the bad reviews later so I booked another hotel at Pantai Cenang for backup - just in case. The hotel is situated right in centre of Kuah Town with the back of the hotel facing the sea. The reception and lobby are an open space with coffee house on the mezzanine floor; the front desk staffs were friendly during chk-in. Once away from the lobby, the area seemed less maintain. As most reviews said, the rooms are nothing like what you see on the internet, it’s true, I’ve posted some photos, and so be your own judge. Our room was very small and basic, furniture seemed old. The tile floor was dirty, hair everywhere, walls had scratch marks and stained bed sheet. Bathroom was basic, as there was no shower curtain, pretty much wet the area after shower. Oh, and the ventilation fan was extremely dirty, dust balls could seen stuck on the grill! The hotel has a complicated design, hence our room looked out to other units and some kinda back yard. Other than local TV channels, they’ve HBO and SuperSport. Breakfast was lousy, I had fried rice and noodles and both were stone cold, pancake, roti canai and porridge were available. There’s no access to the beach, swimming pool is very small and a long way walk. We only stay for one day. Overall, the hotel is “stayable” if you were traveling alone or on biz trip, anyone who comes to Langkawi for vacation, I’d recommend to stay in Pantai Cenang or Pantai Tengah."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of January 2008

Terribble, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"We were allocated a 2 bedroom suite away from the main hotel The room was awful, air conditioning not working, smelt stale, grubby old sheets all in all disgusting.

After complints move to a room in the main hotel, better but still not good for $250 per night!!!!

Bathroom floor flooded when showering, shower attachemnt would not stay in wall fixing. Then plug could not be removed from wash basin. Called maintenance who got it out. Maid then stuck it back down the next day.

Dirty cups not removed from room when cleaned. No airconditioning in corridors, lifts or room where breakfast held. Breakfast was terrible. even the water was warm With no airconditioning on the breakfast area it was a very uncomfortable experience. Di not use for rest of the stay.

Restaurant and bar down by pool looked good. very limited menu and bar staff totally clueless. They did however serve me half a pint of brandy when I asked for a double. Only charged me 24 RM which was the bargain on the week. Needed the drink however.

The whole area around the hotel is extremely delapidated. The owners say they are renovating but they have a massive job on their hands.

Lamgkawi itself is beautiful and the locals (taxis, restaurants etc) are very friendly. Would go back but no weay on earth would I go back to the Bella Vista."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of December 2007

Loved the friendly staff

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We decided to stay at Bellavista just because there where not that many options left when we came around to reserve a room. This was in end of november which turned out to be peak season since the schools in Malaysia have their holidays at that time of year.

Our stay started badly since my wife left her passport and wallet in the cab. This is when the great people of Bellavista came to our rescue. With the joint capacity of the owner and the operations manager they located the cab and helped us to get everything back within the hour. The owner even tipped of the driver on our behalf before he left.

The hotel was under renovation so I can understand the bad reviews but they had very much fixed up until Dec-2007. Even a new pool area down by the waterline. If you decide to go here don't forget the trainers since the personnel play brasilian style futsal every evening and are very happy to let the guests join in.

Some things still needs to be fixed but the value for money is great."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of December 2007

Dont get cheated

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Me too, attracted to the pictures and introduction at the web site. What is so unique about the “architecturally of Bella Vista Hotel” when the said “dream castle” turned up to be a horror nightmare for me and my family. It is not the “the only hotel in Langkawi with a western, fairytale theme in a garden setting” but it’s a palace of wicked witch staying. It can be seen from external and internal appearance. Neither, it was “is a dream come true for romantics, honeymooners, family gatherings and holidaymakers”. I had put up in hotels around Malaysia but this is the only disappointed one. The only clean spot was the lobby and the garden. The walkway / corridor to the room are in massive dirty. I still can accept the dirt by the renovation work but not the plates of food smelling, the cigarette buds, rubbish, trollies of dirty clothes left by workers, cob webs hanging around everywhere and etc along the corridor. The bathroom was full of fungus. The mini bar was full of rust, terrible musty smell in the room. And, I really don’t know how to express about the breakfast. I had never eaten the worst breakfast like this in my life before! Hygience is noo longer practiced at this hotel. The lighting outside and inside (along walk away) was not sufficient. I asked for a survey form at the receptionist so that I can fill in and see the manager on duty. The receptionist told me, they run out of survey form and the manager on duty is not free. I think the management must really work out a lot on the hygiene. I can see lots of potential for the hotel but the management don’t really care about it. There are lots lots of stuff can be commented. I don’t know how to convey this message to them so that they can improve on their service."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of November 2007

Bella Vista....Value for Money

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I came with my family to Langkawi and had chosen Bella Vista as our accommodation with the nice location for shopping, nice seafront which can get the speedboat to pick us up to Island Hopping....and most important is... reasonable & affordable pricing. I paid for RM88 per night to Go Holiday and get 2 daily international buffet breakfasts, It's really Value for Money !! I even saw guest fishing by the seafront at night & they got the 8 inch Garoupa Fish !! Wow....I think others hotels in Langkawi which had Seafront right infront the hotel is Awana Hotel, but for sure the rates must be comparatively high as Awana is a 4 star hotel. Generally the hotel was good & fine for us and not as per what others negative comments posted in the reviews. If we ask for higher expectation, we should go to a 5 stars hotel instead of complaining the hotel that you have chosen earlier. It's all our own choice of selection, can't blame others...Anyway, Bella Vista, I'll come back again with my Fishing rod. Bye"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of October 2007

Nightmare on the Elm Street

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I was, also, attracted to the pictures posted on the hotel website. Unfortunately, I was absolutely dissapointed when I actually saw the conditions of the hotel, which was a total rundown and should NOT be open for operation. I had a fair share of travel and I have stayed at a 3 or 4-star hotel in China. But I've never had such a horrifying experience as I did at Bella Vista. My grandmother's used diaper, was left untouched by the housekeeping in the bathroom after they made our room. On our second night, I had a scary encounter with a cockroach on my bed and I HATE COCKROACHES. The housekeeping came to spray the insect but successfully filled our room with the toxifying ordor of the insect spray. The following morning, we had another encounter with a cockroach at the hotel restaurant, while we had our breakfast. The restaurant manager, who was also afraid of cockroaches, stood behind me all the time while we watched the cockroach being terminated by my sister-in-law. It was definitely not worth for our money. In fact, it would have been better if they turned the hotel into a shelter."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Horrible is not even the right word

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I checked out after one night. The toilets were disgusting. The beds had stains. There was a terrible musty smell in the room. No pool...breakfast buffet sucked. sigh."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

No value for money

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Date June 3rd 2007
One of the worst hotel I ever stayed. Why? Because the pictures in the website is not anything like that at all. Maybe, it was taken during their day one like10 years ago? The reception staff was very cold. Not even a proper greeting. No Selamat Datang(Malaysian greeting) or even a simple Hello.Can't blame the staff when management have atitude problem.The bathroom is very dirty with no maintenance at all especially when I requested for a clean bathroom in my extra request during booking. The elevator carpet stink as well. No value to stay there at all. First time as well as the last time."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

the worst hotel i ever stay !!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"the hotel was DIRTY and seems like needed some renovations,the rooms that we stay in was totally diffrent form the picture that we view,the bathroom was full of fungus and the soap tray was rusty. me and my friends doesn't needs a fancy or luxury hotel,just a clean and tidy room we will easily satisfied.With the price that we are paying we can get a really nice chalet with air-con,hot shower,TV and mini bar in pantai cenang.so dun trick by its outlook or advertisement."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007