A gud location to stay

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"We opted this hotel based on the previous reviews from trip advisor and we were not wrong. Its a good hotel for single travelers. We took the room near to the beach costing 100RMB for a day and cud accommodate four persons. The view was good and had basic things like AC, a mini bar. Good for single traveler but would might not be suitable for families. The access to beach is just 100 meters. You can also get rooms for 50 RMB on the other side of the beach. The only dislike I had was the exhausted from the toilet was diverted to the room, which I felt was weird and an architectural mistake. The service is also nice as our mini bar was not working suddenly and we informed about it and it was done by the time we were back to the room in two hours.
I will stay back in December again when I travel there.
Over all good value for money based on the view outside and fair enough room."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2008

Great Place, Great Price!

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"A taxi driver recommended AB Motel to me the first time when I travelled to Langkawi in last October. After reading many good comments from tripadvisor, I decided to book the motel for this time. I found their phone number from internet, called them directly before vacation and booked one double room for my friend and me.

They have rooms on the beach side as well as on the other side across the street with even much lower price. We took a room on the beach side. The room is very clean with a nice balcony, where we can sit and see the beach and great sunset. There are only a few steps to the beautiful Cenang beach. The bathroom is very simple but good for that price. Water condition is good. There's a TV set with 3-4 programs. Air-con. Wireless. No breakfast included. But there're enough nice breakfast bars and restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There's also internet cafe, Car and motobike rental service next to reception.

The location is great. Many restaurants, convenient stores, shops, bars, phamacy, Hotlink etc. with walking distance. Very convenient. There are also beach bars and water sports nearby. Despite of these, the room is very quiet. 5-mins by taxi to the best pubs here: the SUNBA and the Reggae bar.

Generally speaking, we were very satisfied with AB Motel and will recommend it to our friends."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of May 2008

A Little piece of Heaven

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"We have stayed at AB many times, the staff are always polite and helpful, the rooms are very clean and unlike 1 traveller, we have never had any problems with insects or bedbugs. Breakfast is not included, but can be purchased from their restaurant any time of day, eggs, toast, omelete are very good and cheap. As AB has bungalows and new apartments on the beach, it is as good as many of the expensive hotels, and it's location is even better, as it is in the midlle of Pantai Chenang. IF you can get a bungalow facing the sea, it is the perfect spot to watch the sunset. You can walk along the beach and find many water sports, bars and restaurants. If you know the dates of your travel , ensure that you email them and reserve a room, it is now so popular that 'walk ins' are having problems at weekends and holidays. Many expats are flying in from Singapore and KL at weekends to relax from city life."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of February 2008

Purrrrfect

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"What is the reason for you coming here?..Thats the main question....if you are seeking nice sandy beaches, warm sea dippings, cheap shops selling varieties of things, delicious and cheap authentic malaysian (malay,. chinese and siamese influenced) seafood, friendly casual surroundings....then pantai chenang is THE PLACE.....
Here, everything is simple and basic.
AB motel (stands for the owner's initials: Abu Bakar) is one outstanding cheap, low budget motel. The room is very basic - mine room B-7, with 2 queen beds which may accommodate a family of 4 (2 kids) for 90RM (less than 30USD)...with authentic malay food (cheap), internet and vehicles rentals within its compound.....theres no need for a concierge here.
The beach is immediately in front of your rooms and u sleep lulled by the sound of the waves.
The staff are local people from the surrounding kampongs, though they look reserved they are by no mean unhelpful. Just ask them anything, they will do it for you.
This motel provide the place for u to sleep and refresh yourself, the rest is immediately out there, totally up to you.....U can rent a car as cheap as RM50 (15USD) for 24hrs...or a scooter for RM20 (5USD) per 24hrs from the hotel itself. Go and explore the island.
SO....?...wanna have a [--] vacation with only 30USD per night accommodation?........Call and book a place here."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of November 2007

One of the best in Langkawi

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I got to know about AB Motel through Trip Advisor. All the reviews were right! I chose the bigger chalets nearer to the beach at RM90/night (less than USD 30!!!). It made quite a good impression as it is clean and every chalet comes with a private semi gated terrace so we bought cheap beer (about USD 0.50) and we got to enjoy it in front of our own rooms. You can still hear the waves hitting the shores and if it is a good windy night it comes with a cool sea breeze. (* Remember to request for rooms facing the beach as AB Motel also have rooms accross the road! The rooms facing the beach is much cooler)

In the morning you can just hop from your bed straight to the beach for a morning shower as the beach is just steps away. There you can find services like parasailing (about USD 20), jet skiing, banana boat, island hopping, or you can also choose for those islands getaways packages too. Pulau Payar is famous for those who wants to go snorkelling and diving.

Back to AB Motel, it is located along the beach of Pantai Cenang, which is just 15 minutes drive away from the International Airport. There is also a duty free shop nearby called The Zone which sells the cheapest chocolate and alcohol in Langkawi and those with kids can go to Underwater World. At night there are stalls selling cheap souvenirs just steps away from AB motel. Stalls open 11am to 11pm.

Pantai Cenang is one of the best beaches in Langkawi (also longest in Langkawi); the sand is fine and warm, waves in the evening is the best and most of all full of fun-filled activities. It's also not too crowded so there is space to breathe. Suitable for people of all ages and for family with small children too. Did I mention that we are able to do laundry in our chalets and hang them on our terrace? There's a string where we can hang our wet clothes so it's very convenient!!!

I will definitely go there again and will recommend my friends to stay there if they are looking for a budget place to stay!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

The best you can get

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"I bookt on sight an it was one of the best hotels that
i´ve ever found so near to the beach. and for only 95RM/night

very nice restarurant ,non alcoholic,but very good an cheep food.

They have an internet store just outside the recipetion where they
also have cars,mopeds, etc for hire fore a very cheep amount.

The room have a fridge TV and A/C And roof fan. But make sure that you get a room facing the beacch anotherwise yoy will get no breez.
The showers arne perhaps all that your looking for, but your´going to get wet anyway.

The Staff, is the most nice and friendly people you can find,
and they will try to asisst you as much they can."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of March 2007

One of the Best

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"AB Motel was one of the nicest places to stay on the Island... Met a few other people travelling who had terrible experiences in other accommodation and were all very impressed and jealous of my place. I would have no problem recommending AB, it's very clean, no bed bugs, AC, TV, Fridge - what more could you want and also the staff are fantastic and really friendly. Again I say one of the best places to stay!!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of December 2006

Excellent accommodation at A B Motel

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I have stayed here twice once in Jan 2005 and again in Jan 2006, it is the nicest place I have stayed in the price range.
The accommodation consists of a very large room with 2 king size beds, fridge, tv and a shower room. After reading comments about bed bugs I felt I had to comment. We found the A B very clean in fact I would say spotless the beds are quite new and the bed linen is changed every 3 days. The staff may seem a little reserved untill they get to know you but I have always found them polite and helpfull. The restuarant serves very good food at a good price so if you are looking for good priced accommodation directly on the beach I would recommend you give them a try."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of September 2006

quite ok...

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"it's not 2 bad.the room dat have 2 beds can b stayed 4 2-6 people.it is near 2 the beach,dat'll gives us a refreshing air of pantai chenang.the toilet is clean and not 2 small.overall,it is comfortable 4 me..."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of April 2006

Important - insects / bedbugs / fleas

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Just to let all people know that AB Motel Langkawi Malaysia has begbugs / fleas. We stayed two nights (Dec 05) & ended up covered from head to toe in hundreds of insect bites. The staff were rather rude & non helpful. They didn't offer to give our money back or let us change rooms. They said it was our choice to stay in the room we had or leave."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of December 2005