Quiet Pool

• adult pool

2068

Awesome luxury family getaway

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"With two young kids and a hectic worklife at home, we were after a relaxing family getaway. It was fantastic and would recommend it thoroughly. Food was great, the village well equipped and set out, kids very well catered for, plenty of activities to do or just relax by the pool (which is pretty much what we did). We were lucky enough to take up a special offer (must have been slightly off peak time we stayed) which made the holiday exceptional value. However we cannot imagine a better place even at full price. It was an awesome place for a luxurious relaxing holiday. If you are after options outside the village then there might be better places elsewhere, but the village and holiday there would be hard to beat."

• Travel date: 18th October 2007

Great getaway!

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"We have just returned from a trip to Malaysia, (our first) and had a truly wonderful experience. The club med experience was our first and to be honest other reviews left me wondering if we should go. The resort was lovely, food and drinks plentiful, more than we needed!! I'm so glad that we still went. The grounds are well kept and the staff friendly. It did take us a little while to get used to the GO's joining our table for dinner though! Our rooms were clean and exactly as described. A hint for those about to book, try not to be on the outside wings, A block or N block, a bit of a walk to everything. The restaurant in the main area was lovely, thanks to the airconditioning as well as the food. Hints for others: Make sure to check your flights, it is an hours drive to the resort from the airport, so our 7am flight out meant that we had to get up at 4am!! Don't bother with a lot of the tours, call a cab for a fraction of the price and have a great time, shopping at the Mega Mall in Kuantan was great! Do go and have a look, it had definately made us have another go at the Club Med experience again."

• Travel date: 16th July 2007

Great Place

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"This is my fourth time back to this resort in 18 years (second in the last 18 months). As always we had a wonderful time. The resort is beautiful, the GO's great and welcoming, the food was good and the weather and vibe of the place fantastic. I would recommend this to couples and families who want more than just a resort holiday. There is always something happening to keep you occupied or if you want you can just laze by the pool or one of the two beaches. It's a great place for a holiday."

• Travel date: 16th July 2007

Acceptable

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"The food was average at best and clearly targetted to please western visitors even though based on my stay there, I found that ratio to be smaller than Asian GMs. The local dishes were poor. There were also a handful of junior chefs serving the main dining hall that were cold and one was strangely rude to my wife when we asked him/her to help us with some fruit. The reason I say him/her was because we were unable to tell his orientation. Other than that incident, the GOs and support staff in the village were sincerely friendly, aware and available. The kids club and the new teenage club called 'Passworld' was the reason I chose to visit this village having been to the one in Phuket and Bintan several times. I gather the Passworld is a new idea designed to keep teens occupied by not imposing strict activity schedules while at the same time giving them a place to chill out, watch movies, surf, play music and share activities of the sort. My teenage son enjoyed his stay. My younger son, 8, was typically happy with the energy offered by the Kids Club which is on par with other villages I have seen. The skies were cloudy but the beach, though a little course was clean and safe. The water was cloudy and nothing to write home about for these interested. Rooms were well made and maintained and designed in Asian kampong style which was a pleasant touch. Pretty sure those who have been to the Phuket village will quickly realise that it was designed by the same group of planners. Would go back particularly for the two childrens clubs. Other than that, I would rather spend my money elsewhere on Cherating."

• Travel date: 21st June 2007

loved it!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"club med cherating was such a wonderful place. the place was kept really clean and well managed. the resorts werent that bad after all. food was ok. the best part was the activities of course. we had the choice to go for sports like basketball, tennis, table tennis, roller blading, volleyball. golf, wall climbing, flying trapeze, archery and much more. and extremely friendly g.o's they have there. the only bad experience i actually had on my holiday was probably a few unfriendly bar team g.o's. they acted as if they were doing us such a great favour, which really offended many ppl. but it's a nice holiday spot afterall. the best one i've had so far perhaps."

• Travel date: 19th June 2007

Loved the resort, hate the "Superstars" G.O.

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We just came back from Club Med Cherating and have some good and bad experiences while there. For the good part... The resort is very beautiful and the grounds are lovely. There are plenty of activities for the young children and the mini Club Med is great with lots of activities like walks around the ground, arts and crafts, putting on shows, carnivals, singing and lots more. The parents can just leave their kids while they enjoy adult sports like the trapeze, rock climbing, tennis, yoga or just lounging around the bar and pool. Club Med hires many people from more than 20 different countries called Gentle Organizers (G.O.) to entertain the guests. Most of the G.O. are really nice and tries to make sure that the guests partake in the activities and no one feels left out. They are constantly smiling and sitting with you for a chat, having their meals at your table sometimes and just generally making you feel you are among friends even if you went there alone. The shows, party games and dancing at night are wonderful and goes on till 1 in the morning but you won't hear it in the rooms so that is a good thing for people who wish to sleep earlier. For the bad part..... There are some G.O.s who act like "Superstars" and their attitude really seems to reflect that. These G.O.s are star performers in the nightly show but during the daytime, they man some of the outdoor sports such as the trapeze, rock climbling wall and bungy bounce. They are rude and inconsiderate to the guests especially on the trapeze. If you're white, you may get better treatments. Otherwise, if you're an Asian, chances are you will get yelled at for not following directions that are DEFINITELY not very clear. There is no one to show you how and what you are supposed to do BEFORE you climb up the ladder. Once you are up there, then they will yell the instructions to you and you are supposed to follow it. I saw at least 5 Asians getting yelled at and made to feel really small after their 1st attempt that most left because they didn't want to do it a second time. A girl who did not know how to get down from the trapeze had her head pulled really hard by the G.O. so she would have to fall down from the net. Another "superstar" was very unfriendly when we went to the boutique to get some shirts. She may be the star of the show at night but she is definitely lacking the main skill of a G.O. and that is making every guest feel welcome whether you're white or Asian. So I formed my opinion on some of the "Superstars" and think they're racist even though they're Asian themselves. They really made my vacation not 100% perfect because I'm too worried if I'm going to get yelled at if I attempt to do some of those activities that they are handling. I try to avoid them when they're there and that is really not the way I anticipated spending my hard earned cash avoiding people who are paid to serve me. Oh and after reading the reviews about diarrhea, they are right. I had diarrhea almost everyday and I've told I had an iron stomach as I never get food poisoning or diarrhea from eating local street food."

• Travel date: 25th April 2007

Great time there

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Was in Cheraing in february. It is a beautiful and huge place (80 Ha I think) , wood building is really impressive and beautiful but rooms are as usual average but extraordinary bedrooms is not what we expect when we choose CM. GO team was excellent even shows lack a certain variety (always based on dance) but a vast majority of GO are extremely nice and professionnal. Food was quite Ok but 2 levels below Club Med Bintan which was exceptionnal when we were there. Beach is nice but water at this time of the year is not crystal clear but undoubtly clean however. bar team is nice but drinks could be better (cocktail are really not great) , singer has a nice voice ! Kids club (all ages) are particulary nice and professional."

• Travel date: 6th March 2007

i've been club mederized

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"we've just come back from the best place for a group holiday ever. There is as little or as much as you want to do. We went away as a group of 3 families and everyone had their ideal holiday. The 8 kids (3-11yrs) had a great time in their respective kids clubs, the girls especially loved performing in some of the nightly shows. The older kids (4 x eleven yr olds) liked the fact they were given the independence to set their own routine with the archery, sailing, kayaking and trapeze within their own time frames. The 6 adults liked the many activities available and the amazing, massive buffets, I loved the ability of being able to lie by the pool, read my novel and drink unlimited cocktails. Ahhhh..... bliss The rooms, were recently renovated. They had all the facilities you would expect. Not flash, but comfortable. The most essential requirement being the air conditioning. The only time we spent in our rooms was to sleep. We got immersed in the Club Med way. Lots of funl! Next year Club Med Ria Bintan or Phuket.??? Can't decide..."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

Still excited about it!

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"This was our first Club Med experience and we now wonder why we hadn't looked into it earlier when our children were smaller. This holiday was just the two of us and we loved every moment of the week we had there in August. We almost did not go as I had read some of the poor reviews written on Trip Advisor and thought the resort sounded dreadful but our Travel Agent assured us that it was worthy of the award it had received. This Club Med was very much a family resort with lots of children around but not too obvious as they are so well entertained during the day and it is not a problem if you do not have children with you. We were impressed by so many things - it's a beautiful place, a truly tropical environment very lush like you are on the edge of a jungle(expected there to be heaps of mosquitos but didn't come across any). The friendly GO's who would never walk past you without saying hello and there are lots of staff in the background keeping the place clean. You have the choice of going out on different excursions but we chose to stay at the resort for the whole week but it didn't feel like it was the "same old same old" every day as the GO's have a different uniform each day for 7 days, there is a different show every night, a dress theme for dinner and different food offered at the restaurant each day. Speaking of food there was so much choice and they catered for everyone, it was good quality. You can do as little as you want just relax and read a book by the pool or over at the beach area or there are numerous activities on offer to keep you going all day if you want. The accomodation was perfectly ok, not 5 star in the decor but all you need to just sleep in at night. They were serviced every day so when you got back to the room at the end of the day it was clean and cool with the airconditioning going. The weather was perfect I would say high 20's not as humid as we expected about 10mins rain on one day and a couple of thunderstorms during the night. We returned home tanned, well rested, wished we had a few more days and certain we would be returning to a Club Med somewhere and probably will have to take our daughters with us next time."

• Travel date: 26th September 2006

Fantastic at Club Med Cherating Beach

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"I have been to Club Med a number of times, and have always enjoyed my holiday. I have so far had 2 trips to Cherating Beach this year and I have had a fantastic time. The village location is simply stunning, set along the beach and surrounded by jungle. Having been informed by my travel agent that Club Med Cherating Beach won the best 5 star resort in the Asia Platinum Awards, I was impressed, and after my 1st visit, I was so impressed that I returned again a few months later. The deluxe rooms are lovely and I can highly recommend these. The food is amazing and I could not fault it. The pool and bar areas are comfortable and relaxing. (love the pool). The staff ----- what can I say, the GO's were fantastic. Friendly, helpful and very energetic. As my children are actually grown up now, I have no need for childrens facilities, however I did observe that there were a lot of families (and couples too like us) and the children were very well catered for. The facilites in this resort were very good. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an all inclusive holiday and wants to get away and relax and enjoy the facilites in the resort. A big THUMBS UP Club Med on a job well done!"

• Travel date: 19th July 2006

Hotels near Club Med Cherating Beach

Club Med Cherating Beach is also called

• cherating beach club med
  • club med kuantan