About Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur

• rooftop pool
  • butler service

pretty amazing

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"having read the previous reviews i agree with almost all of them.
was in KL 2 years ago and the traders wasn't built then.
so it has the feel of a spanking new hotel.
first, the location is amazing (one of the best selling points of the place)
it isn't next door to KLCC (like the mandarin) but it is within walking distance (8 mins?) either through the park or via a walkway through the connecting convention centre.
the rooms are very plush -(get the park view , or else you won't get the amazing view of the twin towers ) we asked for as high a floor as possible and got 20th - any lower and the view might not be as stunning...

the bed is super big (king size) and comfy.
the tv is huge (flatscreen) so great for business travellers who just want to watch tv in bed.

one gripe, the reading bed lights are two single very harsh spotlights. no other option, very odd, and too strong for reading IMO.
also the shower had no curtain or door, so it does make a bit f a mess....

but the toilet had one of those new water bidet systems - first time i ever used one - pretty funky! (heh)
newspaper is nstimes...

breakfast was not included in the price- (which is 48RM) but that is ok, as we just went to KLCC for it (where there is starbucks./coffee bean/dome)

there is an aquarium in the convention cente (but for 38RM, it was over priced) have been to better ones in Singapore and langkawi
- they try to sell the "shark feeding" but the sharks are not very big and there is little seating available, so get there early if you want to see anything.

just one tip, at KLCC mall, there is an underground train which connects to chinatown (pasar seni stop) there you can walk (5 mins) tp petaling street/central market. a must! (for cheap stuff!)"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of May 2007

Lived It, Loved It

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Encounter the newest trend setting hotel in KL! Freedom of convenience for business & leisure...awesome location. Be in the heart of the city, unobtrusive and peaceful. A park is right at your doorstep, imagine this luxury in a bustling city. You must try the Club Floor - attractive benefits, free internet usage and an exclusive lounge to work & relax...all these at such an affordable price. Hot Tip - book their airport limo pick -up which is an excellent experience offering some cool frills like a music menu for you to choose from! Whatever you do, DO NOT miss going to Sky Bar on Level 33! Their promise of cool drinks and intoxicating views is a living truth. Sky Bar is as iconic as the Twin Towers - never leave KL without having a martini at Sky Bar. Traders is a great alternative choice to the many hotels of yesteryears. It's fresh, chic and all at a great great price. The service is efficient and helpful. I travel most weeks of the month and it's not easy to find a hotel where I can lay claim as 'home'."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Wonderful!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"the hotel is excellent value for money.

location is excellent - just a short walk to bukit bintang area and klcc. if you don't want to walk to klcc, the hotel provides a buggy to zip you over to klcc.

buffet breakfast food selection was reasonable, and the rooms were comfortable.

loved the roof top pool and the seating area around it. the panoramic view from the top was breathtaking. during the night, the pool area is transformed into a mini disco / pub for party animals. despite the blasting of the speakers, you don't hear the music from the rooms.

highly recommended."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of April 2007

Fantastic Views!!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"What an absolutely fantastic hotel. We booked this hotel as part of our honeymoon in the Far East and didn't regret a thing.
We had a Deluxe Park View Suite, which had, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best view in KL!!! We ordered room service and ate at the table looking out of the huge windows, believe me there was no restaurant in town that could offer a better view.
The staff were always friendly and courteous, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the food was superb.
The hotel is within easy access of Chinatown and the nightlife, and there are always taxis outside the lobby.
They even managed to arrange for a bunch of the most gorgeous orchids for my wifes birthday.
Everyone visiting KL should spend at least a night in this hotel, purely for the views of the park and the Petronas Towers at night."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of April 2007

New location with spectacular views

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"This new hotel is well located, besides a park, offering great views of the Petronas Towers and within walking distance of KL's "golden triangle". Downside of the hotel being new is that taxi drivers often don't know where it is!

Decorated to a high standard, there is a boutique flavour to it and rooms are very well appointed. Just two restaurants but food quality is high. Disappointment is the pool, on top of the building but basically a large lap pool, mostly covered hence little sun or fresh air - just 4 sunbeds indicate the limitations if you are hoping to get a tan. On the other hand the pool area becomes a funky bar at night, a popular late destination with local folk.

The excecutive club on the 32nd floor provides all the usual services, various complimentary food and beverages - depending on time of day, and of course those great views.

Staff are enthusiastic though some are still a little raw. Front desk staff showed excellent training and responded well to requests. This hotel will improve with time though it may not be as ideal for the leisure traveller as those on business."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

Loved it

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed at Traders for 5 nights at the start of April 2007, in the run up to the Grand Prix. We booked through Trailfinders and paid extra for a room with a park view and access to the Traders Lounge, which we think was well worth it. You get breakfast included and free drinks from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.

The hotel was great - stylish, spotlessly clean, with excellent service (nothing was too much trouble). The location is also ideal - a 5-10 minute walk through the park from the KLCC and Petronas Towers - and you get a great view of the Towers and park from the hotel.

Finally, a trip would not be complete without a visit to the rooftop pool & Sky Bar. The launch party to Malaysian Hello magazine was recently held here, which should give you an idea of how cool a place it is.

Sheila & Steve, Glasgow, Scotland"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Very underrated hotel

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"After a terrible flight with Qatar airways to KL it was a relief to see the board with our names on at the arrivals hall for the car I had arranged to collect us. They were very efficient and we were in the car with cool flannels and water within 10 minutes. Hotel check in was excellent-we had a club room so we had our own check in desk on the 32nd floor. We were attended to immediately and explained how the club service worked-there is complimentary continental breakfast served in the club lounge in the morning (we were also told we could also have the hotels main breakfast free of charge in the main dining
room)-I've stayed in 'club' style rooms before and you usually find only the continental breakfast is included. They serve afternoon tea between 1-3 and cocktails between 6-8. There is free broadband wireless access in each room which was great as we had our laptop but on each floor there is also a free internet computer and further computers in the club lounge. Living in Dubai our standards for hotels are pretty high because the standard in dubai is so high but we were really pleased with the room. Its a decent size with a large bathroom. Modern in style with a 32" flat screen tv, satelite tv, very comfortable king bed and choice of pillows. There were loads of little extras-plenty of toilettries-incl razors, emery boards, cotton
buds etc but one of the things I like most was the in built adapter plugs. They use the standard 240v plug as you do in the UK and we do in Dubai but a lot of the electronics sold in dubai has a 2 pin plug (ie hairdryer etc) so I always need an adapter plug. At this hotel there were 4 adapter plugs built in and 3 standard 240v plugs-plenty for me and all my gadgets! We chose a city view room as the hotel is right by the Petronas twin towers and I thought that we would get a view of them but you actually need a park view room to get the view.
The view was lovely though from the hotel and we could see right out of the city into the forests. There is a sky bar on the top floor of the hotel offering views of the petronas towers and restaurants on the 5th and 6th floor. The 5th floor is an all day dining restaurant and they serve breakfast here and the 6th floor is a steak restaurant
-had a fantastic wagyu steak here which was very very reasonably priced.

The hotel is rated on expedia is 3 1/2 stars but I think its underrated-its in a fantastic location in the city-the service and rooms cannot be faulted and we'd definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Very enjoyable

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I stayed for 3 nights at the Traders hotel KL. Overall I was very pleased with my stay there. Unsually, in this hotel you have to take the elevator to the 5th floor to check in which was quite different. I was upgraded to a room that overlooked the KLCC park and Petronas Towers which I was very pleased about. Its quite clear that this is a new hotel and its reflected in the rooms. They are spacious, bright and airy. The bathroom is also particularly modern. The buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. There was lots to choose from including hot items, cold meats, cheeses, fruits, juices, asian foods and probably more than I can remember! I feel that this hotel enjoys a great location in Kuala Lumpur and has a frequent shuttle buggy service to Suria KLCC mall which is really good. The staff I found are generally quite young and they do an excellent job, very curteous at all times and helpful.I felt from them that nothing was too much trouble.I would have no hesitation in staying at the Traders when I revisit Kuala Lumpur in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

Good location, nice and new

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We just spent the one night here on a stop over from BKK.
The service desk were very nice and polite but there was a bit of confusion with the luggage... one checks in on a higher floor level but the Hotel porter just sent us up with no offer to take our luggage in tow!
The hotel is brand new which always makes for a pleasant stay.. the rooms are well equipped and had flat screen TV's etc...
The bathrooms are large and very nicely appointed...
We had a look at the roof top pool bar area, it is small but quite cool design...
The breakfast was pretty average we were expecting some great Malaysian cuisine like what we had at the Regent .
I was a little taken a back with the staff's lack of training and finesse in the restaurant (and lobby) - I was told there was no seats available in the N/S section and then as we were walking to the Smoking section I saw a table become vacant - so I suggested we sit there... got a very surly no.. it's not set up... I mean really! I suggested we didn't mind waiting a few minutes and she got extremely surly indeed (breathing in second hand smoke at breakfast isn't my favorite pastime!)
They obviously need to work on their staff training here... I'm not sure how well the Hotel will 'age' but on the whole it was fine for our needs... you can take a little golf cart to the 'twin tower mall across the park' which is okay but just seemed like a hundred other malls in JKT or BKK... The mall that really blew me away was the Sun Hill - You HAVE to go down stairs! Incredible design... like something out of another world!! and this may sound strange but make sure you go to the toilets - you will have never seen anything like it!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2007

The gloss comes off when it gets busy, but otherwise good

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"We stayed three nights in the superbly located, brand new, very tidy Traders Hotel.

For two nights we had the best stay possible. For the last night it started to go somewhat wrong. The true measure of any hotel is how it performs under pressure, and I'm afraid Traders showed they are not quite up to the job when the pressure is on.

First the good - Check in was quick, and our bags were immediately taken care of. Our room on the 15th floor had a beautiful view across KLCC park to the twin towers. Lying in bed at night watching the view through the from the full width, full height windows was particulalrly nice.

The room was well laid out with a good size desk complete with uninterrupted power and network. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom nicely done.

The housekeeping staff were very friendly and efficient. A new fruit plate was left everyday containing at least six or seven pieces of fruit.

Breakfast was served in a buffet style. Whilst the choice was extensive, we did feel that the quality of some of the items suffered as a result. This was one of the few hotels in which I have stayed to serve what I would consider to be a decent cup of coffee at breakfast time. In fact they give you your own pot which is an excellent idea.

All was well until the evening of our last night. The hotel was clearly full from some sort of function at KLCC. It was apparent that the lifts were taking a long time to service the floors. We thought nothing more of it until next morning, when in a hurry to catch an early flight we attempted to have breakfast. After the lift eventually took us down, we were greeted by a fairly angry looking school dinners type queue of about 40 people to get into breakfast. It was apparent that the queue was not moving so we decided to go back upsatirs and pack up and try later. Later was no better, still a queue. In general the hotel seemed unable to cope with full occupancy. The staff were no longer so friendly. It was just not a smooth operation, which is pretty bad for a hotel which services the convention market and will consequently frequently be full.

We both left saying that it was a nice view, but that we wouldn't be back since the real Shangri-La is just up the road."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of March 2007

Excellent, Clean and New!!!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"This hotel is brand new, clean and very modern. It's close to KLCC, has a free 5min buggy ride to and from KLCC. Otherwise, it's only a 10min. undercover walk from the hotel via KL convention centre and an underground tunnel to KLCC.

I would recommend to stay here again if you're after reasonable price and ease of access."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

brilliant hotel, will be going back

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Great hotel located directly opposite klcc so location is very good.
They even have a golf buggy shuttle services to and from there.
Very clean, spacious, prefectly friendly staff, great sky bar.
From my room a great view of klcc.
Check in and check out very fast and efficient.

2 bottles complimentary water / day.
free parking for residents.

Only thing I would bring them up on is that internet access in the room is 50RM/day even though they have free wireless access in the common areas?
Gobi chit chat the restaurant is average, although gobi upstair does some great wagyu beef.
Didn't take breakfast there as it looks pretty standard

For the price i paid £121 for 3 nights (expedia) in jan 2007 it was a bargain.

will definitely be checking in there next time"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of February 2007