About The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur

• hot tub
  • paid internet
  • kids stay free
  • kids club
  • paid private parking on site
  • babysitting
  • chinese amenities
  • japanese amenities
  • malay
  • butler service
  • adult pool

Absolutely, Positively Loved the Ritz KL

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I'll keep it brief, because many people have already raved about the butler service and the attentive staff. All I can do is add that our stay at the Ritz was faultless. And for what you get for the money - it was great value, too."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

excellent hotel

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights on our way to Penang and it proved an excelent start to a great Malaysian holiday. Right from the start we were treated brilliantly by all the staff, without exception. Due to our short stay we didn't use all of the facilities (swiming pool, fitness centre etc) and we didn't have any need to use our personal Butler, although it was great to have the option! The room was huge, with massive seperate bathroom. There was also an iPod dock for us to play our music, which was a nice touch. Breakfast was excellent, as was the executive lounge where they serve complimentary snacks and drinks until 11pm. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in staying here again."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Good service and location but getting tired

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur for three nights in July. It's in a good location and you can walk to most stuff.

The hotel rooms, while very clean and well apointed, are getting tired. Butler service is a bit too much at times.

The pools and spa are impressive. Food was average.

It's still a five star hotel but I would look elsewhere for something newer next time."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of August 2006

Amazing Honeymoon

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"stayed twice for 3 nights each time in March for our honeymoon. From the start, to the end, it was perfect. Had a Suite and it was too big for 2 people but it was truly luxury. The butler was amazing, the club floor amazing, the free laundry. i can go on and on and on. Perfect hotel, amazing location, lovely service.
came back one night and saw a lovely bouquet of roses and cake on the bed with pillows saying happy honeymoon. It was perfect as the pictures show."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of August 2006

Poor!

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"We booked our stay at the Ritz-Carlton through an agent in Hong Kong and had high expectations for our stay, July 19th-21st 2006.

Before we arrived we called the Ritz-Carlton hotline to get the direct email so we could arrange a pick-up at the airport. The hotel never got back to us and we arrived in KL with nobody there to greet us. We decided to take the train from the airport.

Although I and my partner were at the hotel for a short stay, it was one of the worst experiences at a 5 star hotel in memory. So, I feel it necessary to write about this matter.

There was building work being carried out at the hotel during our stay and we were not told about this prior to our stay. On arrival there was a noticed in our room that said this work would be finished the week previously!

From early in the morning we were woken up by drilling, we decided not to spend much time in the room as it was far from relaxing.

After exploring KL that afternoon and feeling tired, we noticed there was bath menu with in our bathroom. We called the butler and to arrange a bath with salts, candles and two glasses of champagne. The butler said they needed at least two hours advance notice! Who will wait two hours for a bath to be filled with water and a few candles? She said she would try to organize it regardless, which we were happy about as we were tired and a nice bath and champagne would have been perfect.

The butler got back to us and said that this service stopped at 9:30pm. The time then was 9:32pm. This is FAR from 5 star service!

On returning to our room, there was an awful smell of paint or paint thinners that gave both of us headaches. We were woken up early again the next morning by drilling so headed out of the hotel for the day.

On returning that evening the smell of paint was awful. We decided as it was our last night and we would get up very early. The next morning when we were woken by the drilling again, I called the spa to arrange a shave. The lady told me that I must wait at least two hours. TWO HOURS AGAIN? Who will wait this long for a shave? I told the lady that I was leaving that day and could not wait that long and she said no and slammed the phone down. EXTREMELY RUDE!

We left the hotel early and went to the airport for our connecting flight to Langkawi. At the airport I spoke with my partner about how relieved we were to leave the Ritz-Carlton in Kuala Lumpur! Is this how they want their customers to feel on leaving?

I and my partner work very hectic schedules in Hong Kong, therefore on vacation we need to relax. Therefore, this stay at the hotel was one of the worst in memory. I have stayed at the RC in HK before and also dined many times at the hotel business lunches. We have found the hotel to be of a high standard. This cannot be said of our stay in KL. The service offered on this stay was very 3 star at most.

Perhaps we were unlucky on this trip, i'm sure it can't be like this for every guest. However, we both felt strongly to let people know of the poor standards at this particular Ritz- Carlton on this occasion. I hope if anybody chooses to stay here that they have a better stay than us."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of August 2006

love the ritz

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"ali
I stayed in the ritz with my family( 2 adults + 2 teenager + 2 children ) from july 16 to july 20 , 2006
i had a booking for 2 rooms but they gave us an apartement with three big rooms two living areas and four or five bath rooms and a big fully furnished kitchen for the same price which was a very comfortable deal for me. the service was excellent, the staff were very friendly and went out of there way to help you exept the person guarding the pool who was very rude to my children. the breakfast was fantastic.the location was perfect i will go back next year and will only stay with this hotel"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

ritz carlton residence fantastic

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Stayed here for 4 nights with my young daughters. the suites were beautifull and the staff could not be more inviting and welcoming. Nothing was any trouble and they were always very friendly and welcoming to my self and my children. would recommend this hotel to families or couples as the facilities are all new and the position is very close to the main shopping hub of KL. loved my stay."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of July 2006

Faultless service

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Spent two nights here and were treated royally . Our suite was first class and our butler 'Jayal ' charming as were all the staff, nothing was too much trouble.Highly recommended.We stayed on the 6th and 7th June"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Best hotel in KL

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Still hands down the best hotel in KL, I was on four night stay here part business, part leisure, along with my wife. At least my 10th stay here and compared to other hotels in KL for price and service the Ritz Carltion comes out tops. Even the cheapest rooms are a very good size (if some of them are a bit of an odd shape) and whole hotel has 24 hr butler service and club lounge access. Service is generally excellent and the lounge, with complimentary, drinks and snacks a great place to go before dinner, or even if you are working and fancy a change from the room - they have free wireless internet (free broadband in the room also).
Location is good just behind Bukit Bintang and connects straight through via Starhill Mall - visit food village in the basement some great restaurants.
Minor grumbles, the pool isn't that great, and the gym is reasonable but I've seen much better in terms of range of weights equipment, but then again this a boutique hotel as such.
Overall highly recommended both for business and leisure."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of June 2006

First Class 5 Star Hotel - Fantastic!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Wow the Ritz was fantastic. The staff, service, and butler were brilliant.

The room was large and very comfortable with a massive bathroom and dressing area. The bath even has a menu! The 19th floor lounge with free tea/coffee, nibbles and alcoholic beverages is well worth visiting.

What a fantastic place to stay and well located, the ultimate 5 star - if only all hotels were like this! We will definitely be back."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006