Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel & Residences

Good

My Favourite Hotel in KL!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I have visited KL many many times over the years as my father works there. The Prince Hotel and Residence is by far my most favourite hotel of them all and I'd class myself as quite difficult to please! I've stayed in the Mandarin, Traders and Nikko. This hotel is cheaper that those and a hidden gem in KL. To me it really does stand out from the rest and is excellent value for money. I've stayed five times so far and will be booking again for Dec 2008.

STAFF
The staff are extremely welcoming, attentive and friendly. Nothing is too much for them and they always go the extra mile to give that personal touch. From the first day of your stay they remember your name and greet you evertime they they see you. EJ and Rossi by the poolside and Malar at the executive business lounge are a credit to the hotel, their service to guests is outstanding! The General Manager Mr Discombe has really worked his magic on this hotel since taking charge! The attention to detail and the Prince is remarkable- there are constant cleaning, improvements and maintenance works going on which is the sign of a well run hotel who like to keep up their high standards.

POOL
The poolside is a great place to relax and unwind after a hectic day of business/shopping. There are plenty of sunloungers and the poolside bar has fabulous views accross the city (located on the 10th floor). I tend to visit twice a year for Grand Prix (March/April) and Dec (for the year end sales!) and both times of year I have had no problem in getting a sunlounger after 10am. If you like to sunbathe, its best starting early after breakfast as the sun tends to go behind the building and shade the pool around 1pm. We chose to sunbathe in the morning, then sightsee and shop after lunch.

DINING
Breakfast in the executive lounge (as part of the club package) has limited choices and you have to order hot foods which can take up to 20mins at peak times. This is a quiet and relaxing place to have breakfast and they provide complimentary newspapers. Buffet breakfast at the Eccuchino Brasserie is amazing and delicious!! I was so overwhlemed by the choice, they cater for all pallates. I have tried all the restaurants and in room dining at the hotel and I cannot fault any of them for their taste or service- outstanding! I would highly recommend the Dim Sum restaurant.

ROOMS
I have only ever stayed in the Premier Executive rooms (the curved rooms) they are HUGE! I have never seen a bed so big in my life! All Prem Exec rooms have almost panoramic views of the city and selected rooms have clear views of the Twin Towers. They feature a seperate walk in wardrobe/dressing with vanity table and mirror, seperate lounge with sofa and study desk with internet access. The bathrooms are HUGE walk in wet rooms with double shower and bath. They are the size of a hotel room in itself! Its like having your very own apartment in the centre of KL! Cleaning of the rooms is faultless, maintenance is spot on.

LOCATION
The location of this hotel is great. Its directly accross the road from Pavillion the fantastic new addition to the shopping district of Bukit Bintang. In there you will find numerous shops and Tangs department store along with food courts and restaurants. Its very handy indeed! Its a short walk to Lot 10, Starhill and Sungai Wang. We hardly ever needed to get taxis which is prob a good thing with the horrific KL traffic! You can also walk to KLCC from the hotel which takes approx 10-15 mins. Times Sqaure is easily accessible as is Petaling Street (China Town) which is 10 MYR in a taxi (less than 2 GBP). I find this location perfect to induldge in my passion for shopping!!

Everything is KL is affordable, if you choose not to eat at the hotel there are numerous eateries that cater for everyone at ridiculously cheap prices! Shopping is amazing with prices sooo much lower than the UK especially when the sales are on. The club package at the Prince is excellent for those staying on business as this includes free unlimited internet access in room with 5 pieces of laundry/ironing/dry cleaning per day, breakfast in the business lounge, business facilities, comp eve cocktails, comp snacks and drinks for lunch, and unlimited use of minibar (non alch). Im not a business traveller but I always opt for this during each stay- its great value for money!

I would highly recommend Prince to anyone who is looking for a high standard 5* hotel with friendly staff, deluxe spacious rooms in a perfect location for sightseeing and shopping. You will not be disappointed!!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of August 2008

Prince Hotel makes you feel like a King.

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Located between Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle shopping area and the Convention Centre, the Prince Hotel is well located.

If you can't find anything to eat at the buffet breakfast, you are too fussy. There are dishes for Western, South East Asian and Japanese tastes. (It's the first time I've ever had chocolate pudding for breakfast).

The view from room 2711 was absolutely spectacular. From both the living/bedroom and the bathroom, the Petronas Towers could almost be touched.

The bed was so big, it could've easly slept 4 people.

The room had everything one could want."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2008

Great for a stop over

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Stopped over in Kuala Lumpur on way home from Bali. Lovely hotel very very grand and fantastic value. Good location - easy walking distance to shopping malls and bars. Not really a holiday location but brilliant for a stopover - all you could need. Would definately recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2008

Very pleasant saty

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Hi,

Only yesterday back from KL. Stayed in Prince 16-19 May 2008 in deluxe room.

1/ Very pleasant stay overall. Room exceptionally clean. Bathroom is almost the size of a room with shower cabin and separate bathtub. Bathroom amenities, bathrobes, towels are all fine, crispy clean and changed daily.

2/ Room furniture is a bit dull (light tawny wooden color) but shows good maintenance and attention from hotel stuff. Armchairs, carpets, curtains are all fine. TV - looking pyramid like and old, yet workable without complains.

3/ Public areas are beautiful, especially main lobby. When you enter the hotel first time you already have some impression - and when you see grandeur, lots of light, orchids, glass staircase and the rest - the first impression is good indeed.

4/ Food. Our brekky was in the roomrate so we enjoyed it in Eccucino. For those who has a very early appointment in KL breakfast starting at 6.30 is a very convenient point. Eccucino cuisine is highly praised and I definitely recommend it to everyone who is going to stay in Prince.

5/ Swimming pool is on 10 floor, a bit small but OK size for KL city hotel. Jacuzzi, pool bar, pool towels, sun chairs - plenty and fine. Never seen crowds at the pool area, so the atmosphere there is pretty relaxing and cool. The pool itself is VERY cold in any time of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/ Location is fine. 5min walk to Monorail, 10 to Twin Towers. Across the road - Pavilion Mall if you care for shopping etc.

7/ Stuff is attentive and polite. Only concern is doormen who are supposed to help guests with their luggage. Once we were back in the evening and my husband carried a heavy package from the taxi. The doorman instead of helping him immediately only opened the door and smiled!!!!!! So my husband simply dragged the box all by himself through the lobby area to the lift. This incident really didn`t spoil our stay at Prince yet it proved a lot complains of the previous author about doormen and porters attitude to the job.

8/ Check-in and -out - swift as a breeze, no mistakes, overbooking and other unpleasantness. All our room requirements were met perfectly.

9/ Would I stay there again? Affirmative. Would I recommend it to a friend? A big YES."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

not worth the hassle

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I'm a frequent traveller to KL, stayed here last May in a twin room with a friend. I was impressed with the hotel staff, all very friendly and welcoming. Since I had a good experience, I booked to stay on my second trip in December 2007, which turned out to be a big mistake. I was there for two weeks on business, the staff were very unfriendly, on occasions, getting a taxi took more than 30 minutes because the staff just stood around chatting even though they were suppose to get a taxi for me and other guests.

I needed to extend my stay for a extra night but chose to stay somewhere nearby instead, it would have taken 5 minutes to walk but I chose to take a taxi because of my baggage. The taxi driver charged me 10RM and claimed he was charging me on the meter. When asked to see the meter, he refused. Not impressed given that I took the taxi from outside the hotel after being recommended by the Prince hotel staff. It cost less to get a taxi from there to where I worked (a good 20minutes drive with no traffic).

My room price included breakfast, mostly good food with occasional mouldy fruits with flies around them.

The rooms looked slightly worse for wear, old carpets, stains on the sofas in the room. Nice view of the Petronas towers though!

I did find the shuttle to the centre useful, although not advertised clearly, it is a complementary service. They also ran shuttles to China town, which was useful since China town was a bit far. The new shopping mall opposite the hotel was handy.

I would not recommend this hotel for business travellers but ideal for leisure travellers if you don't mind the price."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of May 2008

lovely stay

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"stayed at this hotel with my wife and 9 yr old daughter. only a 2 night stay on our way home from Thailand.
room was just as we booked , a twin tower view room on the 27th floor. Didnt really use the hotel amenities apart from the swimming pool which was nice. situated on the 10th floor, which my daughter thought was great !!
hotel was in a great location, quite an east walk ( through pavilion plaza ) to bukit bintang, with all the main plazas and eateries.
would definately reccomend and stay there again
Paul"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of May 2008

Don't expect empathy

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We were given a twin-bedded room and wanted a room change but gave up after numerous calls becuase the Front Office staff were rude and unsympathetic with the worst comment being "Sir, the wrong reservation was made by your company, not us, and we are giving you a room based on what your company reserved!".

So much for hospitality!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of April 2008

Tip Top

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"To be honest with you I did book the room initially on the hotel website, but when I got to the hotel, they said they could do a better rate and throw in breakfast ! Not bad eh ? Basically on the net it was 414 MYR without brekkie and at the hotel it was 368 MYR with brekkie ! So it just goes to show internet hotel rates are not always the best deal.
Basically if you want a really good hotel and an excellent location for the dreaded shopping experience this is perfect, as it is opposite the Pavillion plaza, which in my opinion is better than the KLCC plaza. More roomy !
Absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel stayed an extra night as well."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of February 2008

clean and close to Twin Tower

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Stayed in Prince Hotel for 2 nights on July 2007. Really had a good time.
Got a little problem with the receptionist girl, but fortunately they have a wise GM so everything went smoothly.

Big bedroom, also the bathroom very spacious. Got iron and its board, coffee maker, hair dryer and other facilities as usual. But the most important thing is, it is very clean!
Have so many choices for breakfast, there was chocolate fountain, and of course all of them are yummy… (stolen so many youghart hehe…)

It is just a 10 minutes walking to the Twin Tower Shopping Center through the back door. But it will be closed at 9.30, so you have to go back to the hotel through the main entrance, and it will take around 15 minutes to go back to the hotel on foot.
If you prefer to go back to the hotel by taxi, you have to bargain, cause they won’t use the meter. RM 10 I think is reasonable.
At that time, I prefer to go back to the hotel on foot, so I can see around… I walked alone and feel safe.

Don’t even use the hotel taxi, really expensive, almost 4 times than regular taxi. It’s just around RM 10-12 to Mid Valley Shopping Mall. From Mid Valley to 1 Utama around RM 12-15.

Overall, this hotel is highly recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of December 2007

Good value for some luxury

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"Kuala Lumpur may have a reputation for having an abundance of four and five star hotels with very good value but Prince Hotel certainly stands out from the rest.

For a sub-$100 price, you get a spacious and well-appointed room with king bed, bathroom with separate shower area and tub, as well as an array of amenities including iron/ironing board, electronic safe, toiletries and complimentary bottled water. The rooms are very clean and well-lighted and it's always a pleasure to come back to the room after a long day around town. As a plus, it is also located in a very central location in the city. It is just a few minutes walk from the main shopping street - Bukit Bintang.

Service in the hotel is okay, although this isn't really the most noteworthy part of my experience in Prince Hotel. Check-in was reasonably quick. The breakfast buffet is of good variety, consisting of Western cuisine (eggs, sausages, cereal) on one end and traditional Malay cuisine on the other. I also tried their lunch buffet which is also good. There's a lot of variety and their local pastries are sumptuous.

Some of my colleagues who stayed at the same time as I had a few unpleasant experiences with regard to their possessions but I personally did not encounter anything of the sort.

The main hassle for me with Prince Hotel is that they were not able to deduct the one night room rate which they initially charged in my credit card for security purposes upon check-in. It was only around 3 weeks after I left KL that the room charge was removed from my credit card charges. However this is a minor issue. And overall Prince Hotel is a good place to stay. I would probably stay there again when I return to KL in the future."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of December 2007