About JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur

• butler service

1977

Awesome Hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"This hotel is located right in the heart of the city on bukit bintang a big shopping district. We stayed here for two nights.

It has very elegant interiors and opulent decorating. The room is nice with a large bathroom. Note with the shower there is a gap where the door hinge is and if your not careful you can flood your bathroom! The tv is old but other then that cant complain the in room internet is incredibly fast. The view we had was not great we over looked the pool and looked out towards KL suburbs (I think) and a freeway if you want city skyline perhaps ask for a room on the other side of the hotel ( however I am just guessing and dont know if the view is any better on the other side).

Food wise we only ate breakfast and had one dinner but got room service. The food was quite nice and was ok priced but we ate our other meals out of the hotel. My only gripe about the room service was it was a bit hit and miss (one day was slow next day was fast) and my "your style" sandwich was not what I ordered they added extras which were not wanted.

The location is fantastic. The Petronas towers are about a half hour walk (better then catching a taxi traffic is horrendous) maximum if you cut through the eatery to the left of the shopping complex opposite the Marriott (I cant remember the name now) and follow the signs towards the KL Convention Centre you will be right. Bukit Bintang is packed with shopping centres. Starhill which is attached to the Marriott is VERY upmarket (Giorgio Armani kinda thing) which is fine if you can afford it but if you are looking for bargains go else where. The shopping centre opposite the marriott is chockers with clothes and a great eatery down the bottom. Low Yatt is the place to go for electronic goods shopping.

Now my only major complaint is the airport limousine we thought we had booked didn't get booked. We later found out that this can sometimes be a problem with the KL Marriott that staff do not always book correctly (if at all). Having said that the staff bent over back wards to help us out when the mistake was realised. I guess I would just say check and double check bookings do not take them for granted. This was the only thing I could fault the hotel with. Also note there are two airports a low cost carrier and the normal airport. If you come in at the LCCT make sure to tell them clearly.

Having said that we will be returning as we enjoyed the hotel and loved its location."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

Fantastic, friendly staff

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Excellent hotel in great location opposite the huge Pavilion shopping centre.

Hotel: magnificent lobby, connected to the Starhill Gallery.

Bathroom amenities to die for, double swing doors, bath (with bath salts provided) Fluffy bath robe, complimentary slippers to keep!

Turn down included fresh fruit on platter and flower with thought for the day on bedside table.

The bedding was excellent, King size bed,comfortable.

To our surprise, free internet access from room.

Service: excellent, all friendly and willing to help where possible, even let us use Internet in Business Centre even though we had booked out!"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

Great hotel right in the heart of KL

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"This is a very plush hotel, can't see why it would be described as outdated. The staff were very friendly and polite. Rooms and bed very comfortable. Just make sure you don't get a connecting room as we found on a previous stay that these can be noisy!

It's right in the heart of the shops and restaurants but since our last stay 2 years ago they are building a condo opposite which obstructs the view of the Petronas Towers which is a shame.

Would def recommend it!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

Still Love It!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Second stay and again treated like royalty This is an oldish hotel but elegant and right in the centre of shopping with new Pavilion with the best food hall downstairs across the road and Bukit Bintang around the corner. I wanted to change for night flight after checkout and they escorted me to Spa to have a shower and freshen up. Staff were all more than helpful and friendly and eager to please. Some people areNever happy ! Love the Marriott."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2008

Nothing but the best!!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"The hotel is located at a central location and almost all shopping centres, restaurants etc are at walking distance. The services that the hotel offers are excellent, the staff were very friendly. It is connected with the Ritz through a designer shopping area over several floors, so its always an attractive scene. There is an underground food court, hosting a wide range of cuisines and live music at the bar.

The breakfast could be better, was not of a 5 star standard...so we were disappointed there along with the pool size, which is on the roof top.

The hotel offers in-room massage services for excellent prices, so you could relax after a long day of sightseeing and shopping.

The standard of the rooms is excellent!! everything a person needs, internet access, great tv channels, toiletries, bathrobe, slippers, safe, hair dyer, iron, complimentary tea/coffee/ water bottles/ biscuits etc.

If we go to KL again, we will definitely like to stay at the JW Marriott!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

give this hotel a miss, unless u dont mind gettin no value for money

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"location: excellent, in bukit bintang, near to shopping malls e.g. Lots 10, the new pavilion, sungai Wang Plaza, cafes, restaurants, *happening area*

hotel: lobby looks magnificent, connected to the Starhill Gallery,an upmarket mall. but the room, the hall way, all looks OLD, OUT-DATED

room: i'll repeat again *old, out-dated* . bathroom amenities i received was the standard (shampoo, bath gel, soap) i think i am staying in JW Marriott, not a Formula 1 motel.

ordered room service for some dessert, food came spoilt, no presentation. came in a dingy wooden tray. no nice little touch of flower of any sort.

the bedding were excellent, 2 queen bed, comfortable.

to my surprise, free internet access from room. i thought the hotel would charge anything.

probably 10/15 years ago the hotel might be excellent, but now, u better start on a plan of refurbishment.

service: bad as the hotel, original booking was for 5 nights, check-out after 2 nights. there was no service. no "thanks you, we wish to see you again!", "why you're leaving us so early?", no smile, nothing.

coming from a hospitality background, this hotel is a real crap even though the hotel looks busy from outside. i guess most people staying there for the "Brand Name" only, not for the service/facilities.

wish i had taken some photos, to show you guys how bad this hotel is."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

'just nice' hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"since ritz carlton was full dat time, i was checked in there for one day only... the room was good but since it was 5star hotel why the bathroom door not been fixed? the maintanance and the room attendant should be aware of it... the food was not too bad having my breakfast at the pool area-got 1 nice restaurant there
open air near the pool, what i like about the breakfast was there got a sushi and that was nice!!!... overall my experience in this hotel wasnt too bad but the hotel management should give training to the staff too more courtesy,friendly... they didnt make a eye contact to their guest when talking.. bit weird and i not comfortable with it.... should be improve there customer service...."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

Bad Attitude

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"A very nice hotel located centrally.

Location; excellent, just a short walk to Sugai Wang complex plus alot of nice bistros around the area. Within walking distance to KLCC.

Rooms: its a Marriot, had a nice room over looking the swimming pool. Very clean and a turn down service as well.

Service: Unfortunately this is where I hated the hotel. Reception and check in staff were rude. I was waiting in front of the desk for 10mins before I was even talked to, then ignored again.
When I said I had already booked a room, I got that "look' and that "let us check "sir" tone. Granted I was in a t-shirt and jeans but it was a holiday.

Restaurant: Again, increadibly poor service and rudeness. Not offered a table until I finally went and just sat down. Ignored by all the servers and when i finally summoned one, he dissappeared without even taking an order. Finally left without ordering.

Nice hotel but extremely put off by the lack of politeness and courtesy. Will not be staying at the JW Marriot KL again."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2008

Fantastic Hotel... Cannot fault it!

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"You will not be dissapointed with the JW Marriott. This was our second time staying at this hotel and both times the service has been impeccable. It is an overall excellent hotel.

For anyone planning on staying at the JW Marriott be sure to check out Feast Village on the basement level. It is an amazing place. We dined at a couple of the restaurants there. Vansh was our favourite and it was by far the best Indian we have ever tasted!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

Hotel staffs need to be more customer friendly!!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"As a YTL member (privilege membership, whose owner can enjoy privilege in this hotel), and since I'll be staying for 9 nights, I asked for upgrade of room, when I made my reservation. I was told that I'd be upgraded to club room, but no club privileges. I'm okay with it. When I checked in at 3:30 pm, I was told by unsmiling front desk staff, that my room is not yet ready. When I complained, and asked for explanation, the un-apologetic front desk staff simply said that my free room upgrade is not yet available. He emphasized that since it's a free upgrade, I shouldnot mind waiting for another hour. I didn't think it has anything to do with whether I got an upgrade or not.

The breakfast foods, although cheap, (MYR 11.00), doesn't provide much varieties. When I had my breakfast at 7:00, there were many waiters, however, they preferred to linger in the airconditioned area. (there are open air, and air conditioned area for breakfast) I had to personally called them, to ask for tea, to ask for my tray to be cleared, and to ask for refill of tea.Some waiters, just passed by my table, although it was obvious, it needs to be cleared. When I said thanks to the waiters, they didn't even have the courtesy to say
"you're welcome", or anything.

I made a complaint to the manager, but haven't heard any follow-up from them.

Room conditions was fine, however, the hotel staffs, definitely needs to be properly trained in customer service."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of May 2008