About InterContinental Kuala Lumpur

• german amenities
  • italian amenities
  • newspaper
  • gift shop amenities
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • paid private parking on site
  • babysitting
  • malay
  • butler service

2063
Good

Not bad, but better options exist in KL

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I spent 3 nights at the Nikko on business. Overall, it is a very good hotel by most standards. However, there are a plethora of fantastic hotels in Kuala Lumpur which offer more. Room: Cannot fault the room. Very big (around 360 sqft / 36 sqm), flat screen TV with a few English channels including CNN, BBC and HBO, modern facilities and room design, great windows offering a panoramic view across KL. The bathroom is also very good with a seperate shower and tub, lots of bench space and good selection of toiletries. I had a problem with some of the bathroom fixtures being broken but that is probably just an isolated problem. I will also say that they have an electronic bidet on the toilet which had not been cleaned (yuck indeed). Location: About a 10 minute walk to the main KLCC shopping area. Truth be told there is very little going for the immediate area. The shopping mall across the street is very ordinary, and aside from a McDonalds and a Guardian chemist there is nothing of consequence. There is a subway station right next door to the hotel. The only reason we stayed here as we had business very near-by. Service: Here is where the hotel falls apart a little. The service from the staff on the Executive Floor where we stayed was excellent. They knew your name and did anything they could for you. Absolutely tremendous. Now the service problems. We asked for a limo to take us to the airport but it was not booked. They did manage to get a replacement, but still, I expect better. One day it took them until 5:30pm to clean my room which is far too long. I had a problem with a broken light which was making a horrid vibrating noise. I called the service line, they said the duty manager would come up but he never did. Someone came to my room to do a turn-down service - I told them about the problem, and they said someone would be up in 10 minutes - but they never arrived. While not major problems - I do expect better - particularly in KL. The only good service we got was from the Executive Floor. The service in the rest of the hotel was not great. Conclusion: The Executive Floor will get you everything you need for a comfortable hotel stay. But at MYR 450+ you could stay at a hotel with a better location near KLCC with better service. I would recommend the Westin at around the MYR 400 price bracket. I have also stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and can tell you that, while it is a little more expensive, it was one of my best hotel experiences."

• Travel date: 7th June 2007

very nice

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"This hotel is across the street from a metro station. My room was large and well furnished. The breakfast buffet (included in my booking) has a nice variety of both eastern and western dishes."

• Travel date: 13th December 2006

A bit tired

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"A hotel that has seen beter days. The rooms are of a good size, as was the bathroom. I found the bed hard and uncomfortable. I booked a table for 15 colleagues for dinner(average quality). The service was slow and the drinks order was wrong. This standard of service was repeated at breakfast. I had to ask repeatedly to get a cup of coffee every morning. Check out was painfully slow, and there was definitely a lack of understanding of English,. This hotel is ok-it is not 5star ."

• Travel date: 28th November 2006

Clean, spacious hotel

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"Excellent hotel, located 5 mins from Petronas Twin Towers by cab. Subway station is 1 min walk away. Hotel staff are very friendly, and responsive. Hotel rooms are spacious, big rooms and bathroom with high-tech toilet and good shower & bath tub. Very good delicious breakfast buffet."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2006

Very decent and value-for-money 5 star option for KL

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Just back from staying 4 nights at the Nikko. My opinion in a nutshell: not as good as the Mandarin but definitely a lot better than the Regent (so I really don't have a clue why the Regent is still in KL's top 10 of hotels). Rooms are excellent value for money at around 200-300 Ringgit a night including breakfast and are very spacious. Breakfast is excellent (e.g. a LOT better than the Regent). Location is not bad either, since it's still within walking distance from KLCC. I would stay here again on my next visit to KL, no problems."

• Travel date: 7th August 2006

Good hotel

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Booked Hotel Nikko after going through review on this site. Nice hotel in terms of room facility. Toilets are eletronically controlled. Value for money. Free coach facility provided for residents is good experience as review on this site earlier. Every hour the coach will drop you at vantage points ie; shopping malls aroun dKL. Complementary breakfast is value for money for those who can eat well else optout of Breakfast inclusion. The spread is huge. As in Kl the inhouse resturants closes at 10.30 pm unlike i many other countries. I reached the Chinese rsturanton firstfloor at 10.00pm and you could see the lady hostesss looing at you dejectedly giving those wiered looks not really happy to see you so late. Being from India might have thought that what food we would order knowing little that we too have a tiny chinese population and that chinese food i s quite famous back in India. Resturant Service was awful and surprisingly menu was limited too. Even small time Indian Chinese resturant have better spread. Prawn preparation was served 15mts before fried rice came. I dont know if that is how chinese food is served not so in Singapore where resturants serve all the main course together. The waitresses had to be called several times before they respond reach you dejectedly. They prefer standing near the counter at the back. They wont serve water amazing! isnt it! Food otherwise is cheap. The moment we signed ourbill and left throgh the the corridor some of them rushed behind us to close the door and switchoff the lights. Coffee shop is good but the chefs again wont seve fod of your choice which is ordered from the menu, again beyond 10.30 though your order might have been taken at 10.15pm. My indian chef apparently refused to cook and embarassed waiter came back red faced and presented late night menu which had ltd malayan choice and spread of few varieties of sandwitches. Then we got up and were planning to walk across the hotel and eat out at mcdonalds. This waiter was kind enough to offer us his services and was willing to get some food froma adjacent Naasi khander restaurant which remails open 24 hrs. We aprreciated the gesture of Mr. Arnold if i remember him correctly for his sweet gesture. Front office staff are really good. Concierge staff are great so are doormen. Hotel supplied complimentary drinking water bottle as many times we wanted. If booking is done through internet one may get good deal. Itmayot be worth stayingmore tha two nights. I booked because of the facilities and that the resturants were famous. But may be one may find better facilities elsewhere near near Butik Bitang areas. Worth one visit as tourist. One reason of lackadescical approach could be becuase most people stay here at the expence of companies whichhave a tie up with this hotel, therefore some of the staff have developed such attitude."

• Travel date: 5th July 2006

The best hotel that I have ever stayed in

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I have never used any of the Nikko group, so this review is specifically for the K-L site, and not the group. I stayed in the hotel for 8 nights, and was totally impressed. The location is good, the food options good value, the amenities are great, the whole place spotless, and the laundry service first class; but the real difference was the staff. They are just FANTASTIC. The Malaysian people are naturally very hospitable, and the Nikko staff have the balance just right, never servile but always providing great, nay excellent service with a genuine smile. Very strongly recommended."

• Travel date: 28th April 2006

Lovely hotel, friendly staff

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We have just returned from this hotel. I was rather anxious as this was my first trip to Asia. This is a beautiful hotel. Since there were only 2 reviews I did not know what to expect and the hotel was booked by my office. The staff are lovely - really helpful and friendly. We were greeted wherever we went but also felt comfortable and relaxed. The hotel is spotless, beautifully furnished and well maintained. We had 2 delicious buffet meals at very reasonable prices and breakfast was always good. The staff tried hard to please in everything they did. The rooms were fairly standard for a business hotel but very comfortable with huge beds. There is a very good bar and a fantastic pool (for a city hotel). I have stayed in many fine hotels and I really could not fault this one. Another important detail - the hotel is a 2 minute walk from an underground station which is just 1 stop from KLCC. Perfect location."

• Travel date: 25th October 2005

Not bad but not a patch on the Mandarin!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Stayed here for 4 nights just until we could get back into the Mandarin Oriental, which we loved! The Nikko hotel is great and it's slightly unfair for me to compare it to the Mandarin, as it will never measure up and is nowhere near as pricey anyway. My hubby, being a self-confessed lover of flashing lights and beeping associated with gadgetry, loved the fancy Japanese toilet and control panel for lights and temperature but after the novelty wore off, we started to get really annoyed with the constant beeping. As for service, as good as you would expect from 5 star hotels in SE Asia but it was so efficient at breakfast time that it was cold efficiency that we felt. One thing we noticed was that when the managers were around, all of a sudden the service and friendliness of the staff went up a few notches! But a special mention must go to the concierge Rosdi and his colleagues who spent hours with us arranging our romantic langkawi break for 3 days - they couldn't have been more helpful, and there was never a manager in sight! Although nothing to do with the hotel, the Gaya spa which is next door and advertised as a hotel affiliated spa, had very poor service. The treatments I had were good quality but the manageress who regards herself as a trendy and affluent Malaysian was very rude and she did not feel the need to apologise that I was not getting the treatment I booked due to lack of supplies and that I would also have to pay 15% extra if I charged it to my room - another fact she had omitted to tell me at the time of booking. All in all a good experience, good location and all at a fantastic price."

• Travel date: 11th June 2005

Wonderful Hotel

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"An excellent hotel. The room was huge, the bathroom was cavernous. It was spotless, glasses were always replaced, everything was wonderful. The restaurant on the first floor was cheap!!! By my exchange rate. We ate in the restaurant three times, I never do that. The breakfast was excellent and offered something for everyone. There was western style breakfast, Indian food, Chinese food, and Japanese food. As much as I love Indian food, I can't handle curry at 7:30am. Regardless, just outstanding. And the room was huge so there was never a lineup. It's an excellent location, just a few "blocks" from the Petronas Towers/KLCC Shopping Centre. There is a free shuttle bus that runs from the hotel to KLCC to Lot 10 and back. At first we laughed because we thought, "how lazy can people be." Well, it rains a lot in KL. Most times, the rain is great, it cools things off, but others times, it's that torrid, tropical rain that you just can't walk in. We used that shuttle A LOT. There is a CitiBank building next door with tons of bank machines, a weird little shopping mall across the street with some excellent food places. They all look sketchy and we were skeptical but by the end of our two week stay, we ate everywhere in there and never got sick. It's close to the Canadian embassy so we could walk, it's close to a Subway station. My only complaint, and this is a complaint for most of that city. The air conditioning was too high. If you got caught outside in the rain, you dreaded getting into the lobby because the air conditioning was turned so high, you froze. Oh, there is a central console in the room that allows you to control the lights, the temperature and the alarm clock. The alarm clock doesn't have a snooze button (to me, a problem), but I liked controlling the temperature and lights from my bedside. All in all, fantastic hotel. Is good in an earthquake too. We felt the earthquake in Indonesia (March, 2005). I thought the bed was shaking but it was the hotel slowly swaying back and forth. I heard reports of books and glasses falling off shelves in peoples homes but in the Nikko, nothing moved."

• Travel date: 31st May 2005

Hotels near InterContinental Kuala Lumpur

InterContinental Kuala Lumpur is also called

• Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur
  • kuala lumpur nikko hotel
  • nikko kuala lumpur