1929

Loved it !

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We stayed at the Impiana this September and we had a wonderfull time ! The rooms are spacious with nice beds and a beautiful bathroom. We absolutely loved the breakfast, wich contains lots of different freshly baked breads, fruits, pancakes and even sushi ! Also helpfull staff and excellent location ! Would definitely recommend for a very relaxing en enjoyable stay !"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Good Value - modern business hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Stayed at the Impiana, as all my usual favourites were booked out. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. Very spacious room with wooden flooring - highly unusual for KL. Nice neutral decor - view of twin towers. I think I paid MYR 280 incl breakfast (usual buffet fare, but fine). Area is great - 5 mins from KLCC. All in all - a nice modern take on the standard business hotel

I look forward to the day when coffee drinkers get catered to with proper coffee-makers like in the US, rather than horrid nescafe. But that is only a day dream."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2007

Good value for $$

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Sept 2007 & was pleasantly surprised by my stay. Having read the earlier comments written by other reviewers, I was a tad apprehensive but my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Booked the Deluxe room and had partial view of the Twin Towers. The room was clean and spacious. Enjoyed the complimentary internet and the hotel seems to have figured out the earlier problem regarding shortage of cables. An earlier review stated that the pipes(?) leaked and that problem does not appear to have been resolved so the bathroom was always alittle wet after a shower. But I can live with that!
The pool was lovely though alil tiny and few deck chairs so if u wanna sunbathe, it is advisable to sit by the pool earlier!
Breakfast was buffet style and though not spectacular was adequate.
Location was convenient and within walking distance to Bukit Bintang and KLCC.
I would stay here again if the maintanence keeps up!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

Good value hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"A good value hotel, close to main attractions and with a great infinity pool with view of Petronas Towers. Excellent buffet breakfast, courteous staff and large, modern and clean rooms. Delux room had city view and was probably worth the £2 supplement."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

A great value in the city center

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"We got a fantastic deal through AsiaRooms.com. The hotel was great. It was in walking distance to the Petronas Towers and thus the mall and metro. The breakfast, which was included in our special rate, was fantastic with a huge variety of food. We did have one problem in that our room was adjoining to the next room, which had a very loud family with constantly shouting kids. We called the front desk several times with requests to be moved, which went ignored. We finally went down to the front desk and were eventually begrudgingly given keys to a new room. We had to move the extra rollaway bed our selves (down a floor), which I nearly tipped over, but luckily a friendly room attendant ran to the rescue and helped. The second room was fantastic with a view of the Petronas towers. It was very spacious with a large desk/work area and modern furnishings. The bathroom was large and in great condition, and we enjoyed the many amenities, including complimentary bottled water and fruit, which was delivered to our room daily. Despite the problem with service, we would not hesitate to stay here again if we got as good of a deal as we did--the hotel represents excellent value and provides a comfortable stay."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Poor Service

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I celebrated my birthday there last year, which was towards the end of july. At first, the place looks okay. We had some minor problem checking in, but still, it was fine. the service were plain and dull.nothing extravagant. the place was also just simple.nothing spectacular. at night, my husband had a high fever, and my 2month old baby was sleeping, so i just cant leave my son and buy panadol for my hubby at klcc, so with this sort of situation, i called the room service, but apparently NO ONE was nice enough to help me. "We are short of staff" they said and apparently they do not even have any panadol or doctor on call. They dont even bother to help buy the panadol at klcc which is just nearby. I had to take care of my hubby and my my baby at the same time, NO THANKS to them. They were unbelievably unfriendly. I promised myself i will never, ever come tto stay at that hotel ever again. Plus, the food was terrible. Having stayed at so many hotels in KL, this is probably the worst! Don't go. I know i wont even if i get to stay there for free."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

Lengthy renovations

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"I've stayed in this hotel twice. The first time was last October 15 - 21, 2006. Second time was January 28 - February 3, 2007. My company booked me here.

First stay: October 15 - 21, 2006
The hotel staff were quite courteous. Check-in was a breeze. When I got into my room, I've basically unpacked my stuff when the noise started. I called them and was told that they were renovating. I asked for ear plugs since I wanted to take a nap. They weren't able to provide for it and they told me that they'll just transfer me to a higher floor. They were even kind enough to offer to send a chamber maid to help me pack my stuff again. Second room was much more quiet.

There was a review here about the gym and pool not being available yet. At that time, the front desk just gave me a gym voucher for the Twin Towers Fitness Center which is accessible via Suria Mall or the Petronas building (front entrance).

The room is quite spacious and there's free broadband access in the room. On the lobby, there's free wireless internet. The breakfast buffet choices were varied. There's the basic bread (different types of white bread, whole wheat, rye, muffins and pastries), fruits and salad and other cold cuts. There's continental and American breakfast choices (cereals, cheese, waffles, etc). There's Asian breakfast (noodles, congee, nasi lemak, etc). They vary the types of cold cuts, salads and fruits they serve so even if you've stayed there for a few days, it won't be boring.

Second stay: January 28 - February 3, 2007
On my second stay, the swimming pool was already open for the guests. However, the health and fitness floor was not yet fully operational so one has to still ask for gym vouchers from the front desk. Furthermore, one has to traverse the offices before one gets to the pool on the 5th floor. The pool is an outdoor infinity pool which is not heated. It could be quite cold in that area since it's under the shade of the surrounding buildings.

For this stay, I saw that there's a pillow menu but every night when I call up, they're always out of the eye pillow.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay in this hotel. I love their modern bathroom -- there's a bath tub and there's a separate shower area (though for the noisy 1st room during my first stay last year, the shower head was installed on the bath tub area). There's an ironing board and flat iron kept in the cabinet which makes it easier to press the wrinkles out of the business suits which were kept too long in the luggage. I look forward to the day when their health and fitness floor becomes fully operational."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007

Loved Impiana!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just returned from a 2 week stay in Malaysia. Hotel offered great service! Welcome drinks on arrival. Receptionists were on the ball, guards to open doors and bring in your luggage etc. Stayed in Impiana
for only 2 nights but wished had stayed longer. Right next to the Petronas Towers. Very near Bukit Bintang which is a very busy shopping area with great retaurants. Walking distance to the KLCC Shopping Mall- Lovely! Swimming pool was great with lovely view of Petronas Towers. Swimming pool was open until 9pm. Most other hotel swimming pools in KL stay open till 7pm. I stayed in 3 hotels in Kuala Lumpur- Impiana was the best out of the three. I stayed in Federal Hotel for 2 nights (Bukit Bintang) and then Swiss Inn for 2 nights (China Town). Impiana has been recently built, so decor and room standards are high in comparison to other 4* Hotels in KL. Room was large and clean, bathroom was lovely with marble tiles, flooring etc. Breakfast was yummy and there was plenty of choice. Would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of March 2007

No Customer Service

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I booked my stay via the hotels own website. Then, just to make sure, i called them to ensure the booking was received, and they confirmed. I also confirmed i would be arriving at 12am.

When I arrived at the hotel, low and behold no booking could be found. After 15 minutes of typing away at his computer, he finally found my internet booking, but repied "oh, we cancelled your booking, we wash out our computers at 6pm" What?? Yes, i confirmed and showed them my internet booking that i advised of a 12am arrived, yet they went ahead and cancelled my room, and the hotel was booked out. After a fewmore minutes of incredulous arguing, the somehow managed to find a room, although not worth the money i paid for. It had missing amenities, no remote for the TV, and one fo the lights were out.

Worse of all, no apology was ever offered at any point."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

GLOSSY and SHINY on the surface only

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I stayed at Impiana KLCC for 3 days and 2 nights. When I arrived at the Hotel I was impressed - everything lived up to the Hotel blurb on their website and all other Hotel related websites which were consulted at the time of booking. The concierge staff greeted me warmly as they opened the door of my taxi and took my luggage. The LOBBY was beautiful if not a tad minimalist, and the Check-in went smoothly without delay. There was no problem with my internet booking, which was a huge relief. I was given a lovely welcome drink and refreshing cold towel. I was duly impressed when opening the door of my room on the 5th floor - it was sparkling clean and smelt fresh, the bathroom as well.
Then the problems...
1. I opened the curtains to reveal a huge construction site and associated noise, machinery and workers. This fact was not advertised or mentioned by staff, else I would have demanded a room on the other side of the Hotel, since I needed a good sleep from travelling for over 16 hours straight.

2. I went to switch on the TV but could not, further investigation by myself found there to be no batteries in the controller! Shock horror! When this situation was rectified there was no "TV menu", ie explanation of what channels were which etc. Very important to me as I LOVE watching Discovery channel and in-house movies (tragic I know but all part of the nice Hotel experience).

3. When I went to have a much anticipated and needed shower, the converter did not work, so I had to have BOTH a shower and a BATH. The water would not come out of one or the other, so had to have a shower sitting down whilst the bath was running. Very annoying and water wasting.

4. When the bath plug was released, the entire bathroom floor flooded with the bath water. This was because the bath water drained out of the bath and then via a HOLE drilled through the granite tile and then onto the floor, hopefully escaping through the floor drains under the vanity. ALAS, it never did and the floor was awash with dirty bath water - every time. After the 1st time I just stepped out of the bathroom and into the hallway and let the process "do it's thing", having seen so many Asian bathrooms in my time. Sigh...it looked so promising.

5. When I finally got into bed, which was very comfy, the NOISE from the neighbouring rooms was REALLY LOUD! And there I was worrying about the construction site outside my window! And the people upstairs would have been mortified if they knew I could hear their (multiple) bonkings - maybe not? The next morning I could hear crashing from upstairs and so took the lift to the 6th floor (I don't know what I was thinking really) and walked down the hallway (very beautiful chic decor) until I reached the room above mine (I counted) and the door was open, so I looked in - to find the Housekeeping staff mopping the floor with a microfibre mop. HONESTLY it sounded and felt like an earthquake from below! More sighs...

6. Breakfast was included (and always a treat for me). Everything LOOKED fantastic but when it came to the taste test, it was like the rest of my Impiana Hotel experience - disappointing. The fruit selection was not only boring, it was tasteless. A true travesty in Malaysia given the abundance and price of fantastic fruit.

7. I thought that I would treat myself to a pampering (having come to KL from my Grandfather's funeral), only to be told that their Spa wasn't built yet! And the Hotel's name is "Impiana KLCC Hotel AND Spa"!

8. So then I thought - RETAIL THERAPY. According to the website information, the Hotel is conveniently located to Suria KLCC, my favourite shopping centre in KL. That's one of the reasons why I chose to stay there. Sure it's close - if you can manage to CROSS the road without being killed by traffic. I ended up walking to Bukit Bintang because by the time I walked from the Hotel to the Monorail station, I was almost halfway to Sungei Wang plaza. I did this so many times during my stay at Impiana I wondered why I didn't book a Hotel in Bukit Bintang - oh that's right, I was planning to shop at KLCC!

Overall, for what's rated as a 4.5 star Hotel I was very disappointed. The refurb would have been costly but the money was not well spent. Better soundproofing; better plumbing; better catering!

Had it been rated as 3 or 3.5 star then I would have just shrugged my shoulders and laughed. But I paid the money for a 4.5 star Hotel and could have for the same price stayed 5 star in Bukit Bintang...and caught public transport to Suria KLCC.

In the end of course I didn't let the traffic hinder me and I spent loads at KLCC on my last day in KL. It's a ritual of mine.

I have to say though that the Concierge staff were fantastic and friendly. All of them. Always happy to see me return to the Hotel, knew my name and were of tremendous help with the supervising of packing my suitcases (in the Lobby) when I came back from KLCC. What a laugh they were! Probably laughing at me, really. I have a lovely picture in my head of all of them standing on the driveway waving goodbye to me as I left in the Taxi...."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of March 2007