The Executive Twin Studio at the Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur

• hot tub
  • indoor pool
  • infinity pool
  • rooftop pool

Good
2066 reviews
Good

We wont be staying here again!

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"Hi, My children and I have recently returned from 10 nights in KL. We stayed at Fraser for the last 5 nights of our trip. I was so excited to be staying here as I have stayed at lots of Fraser properties during business travel and I have loved every single one of them. Our stay here was a disaster right from the start. The rooms all have a step of about 3 inches up to enter them. This step not easily noticed on entry. My mother tripped on the step on first entering, landing on the floor on her knees. It also became quickly apparent that the room had not been cleaned properly from the last occupant when my 6 year old stood on a shard of glass in the kitchen. It took a long painful hour to extract small pieces of glass from her foot. I went to reception to request a needle to help remove the glass and they did quickly find me a sewing kit and also offered to locate a doctor. One the glass was removed, I returned to reception and informed them that we were leaving the room for one hour and insisted that the apartment must be properly vacummed before I could allow my two small kids to re-enter it. SEVEN hours later the room was still not vacummed, and it only done after I went around myself to find and beg cleaning staff to come with a vaccum. The positives: -large well equiped apartment -comfortable beds -good self serve laundry -great complimentary in-room internet -in room scales to keep an eye on baggage weight The negatives: -absolutely no idea of the meaning of service -our room was NEVER once serviced without me attending reception daily at 4.30pm to complain that we had no drink water, toilet paper or dry towels. The only exception was our final day, when housekeeping arrived at 3.00pm right in the middle of my toddlers afternoon sleep. -there are steps everywhere. A step up into the apartment, a step down into the toilet, a step down into the bathroom. The steps range form 1-3 inches and are not identified. My children continuely tripped when entering the toilet. the steps are not clear and are dangerous. Not suitable for the young, old or disabled. - the beds are comfy but the pillows are not. They are also at least a foot high and hard. They are impossible to use for children. We ended up have to get housekeeping to provide us two extra couch cushions with pillow cases on them for the children to sleep on. - The entry has manual opening doors right at the top of 2-3 steps. Nearly impossible to get a baby pram up them while trying to also open the door. The ground staff helped where they could but they were often not able to help as they were attending others. This is not a place for those with a pram, wheelchair, or mobility walker. -The breakfast was very ordinary, and by far the least impressive buffet breakfast I have seen. - It is advertised that there is a kids pool. It is not what most parents would consider as a kids pool. It is an approx 2x2 metre square area off the side of the main pool, and not big enough for any child over 3 years to actually do anything in. The main pool is nice but very deep. It left my 6 year old with nowhere to independently swim. - while most staff members, particularly the male staff, were friendly and helpful, some of the female staff were rude, arrogant and bordering on intimidating. It was not overall a warm and friendly experience. -don't bother eating at the restaurant, it is no were near the regular Fraser standard. Overall the apartment facilities are fine but this Fraser property is customer service free zone which is void of any 'care factor'. I had booked in advance for 3 separate stays at this KL property but I will be cancelling the remaining two and won't be back. I would only recommend this hotel to solo business travellers who are not fully reliant on good service."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2010

Good hotel - with room for improvement

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Overall, a good, reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location. Pros: * Enormous, well equipped room, with great views over KL (I was in an exec suite) * Great location, near convention centre, restaurants and shopping * Good added extras, such as free internet access * Decent gym and nice rooftop pool * Good breakfast included Cons: * Weak service - I waiting half an hour for someone to pick up laundry and had to call housekeeping three times * Poor room service - restaurant menu in room is inaccurate and out of date * Very slow lifts - I recommend taking an iPod while waiting! * Restaurant is average for dinner"

• Travel date: 19th July 2010

Elegant Fraser

Reviewed 1st April 2013

"The taxi transfer from KLIA to downtown KL was long, long, long. It was worth the wait. The reception area was great, staff friendly. Room was great. Breakfast buffet was very disappointing. You are better off walking to any of the stores nearby."

• Travel date: 18th July 2010

New hotel, still smells of fresh paint

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"I checked in to this hotel with my family (2 adults + 2 kids) less than an hour ago (I booked one bedroom) and decided to share my very fresh feelings. It is a very new hotel with new amenities. My family was surprized that there is no mention of number 4 in this hotel, i.e. floor 13 is followed by 13A and floor 23 is followed by 23A :). Negative aspect is NOT friendly reception (there was a young woman at the time of our arrival, who demonstrated lack of any customer service and guest friendliness) staff. Remember that breakfast for kids above 6 is NOT free, even if your (just like mine) booking paper shows occupancy of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids) and "breakfast included" remarks. A final thought, it is definitely suitable for business travelers and those with kids should think twice before choosing it. I will come back with more comments."

• Travel date: 5th July 2010

One of the best service apartments in KL

Reviewed 26th March 2013

"Fraser Place Kl, is a lovely service apartment. Its new and has this vibrant look. Furnishing is excellent. The one bedroom executive is slightly bigger then the deluxe. If you are with a family or looking to cook your own food then this is one of the best service apartments in Kuala Lumpur. Has a 24x7 gym, steam and jacuzzi room open till 10pm. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Only thing which annoyed me was to wait for the lifts for a long time. if you are on a high floor you would wait sometimes for 5 mins for the lift to come. For the price you are getting a great deal and I would surely stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: 26th June 2010

Spacious apartment in central location

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"I stayed at Fraser Place for 2 nigths with my wife. We wanted to be in a central location and Fraser is definitely central, around the corner you find bars and restaurants and shopping areas (the latter we never got round to). Brand new building, very stylish central lobby/reception area with 2 Macs and a balcony with seats. Our apartment was a bit smelly unfortunately. It smelled like someone had smoked there, and the windows couldn't be opened. Breakfast was ok, not great. Staff was helpful when we needed help planning our trip to Taman Negara. The swimming pool on the roof was cool with great views."

• Travel date: 18th June 2010

Very nice apartment/hotel

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"Just stayed in this brand new apartment hotel in the city center of Kl and must say that it was just very good. Just close to all the shopping and other things to do in KL. Official opening still has to come. There will be a restaurant opening soon, but there are many other options to eat close by. It also has a great rooftop pool and a nice equipped fitness center. One negative point already mentioned by others is the breakfast: either do not include this in the price because it is not worth it or pay a bit more and serve a proper breakfast. As the rooms all have a fully equiped kitchen you are able to make your own breakfas/food as well. But in general it is a great place to stay and very recommendable"

• Travel date: 17th June 2010

good hotel but don't stay there yet

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"The room we have the 1 bedroom deluxe is quite comfy, all the furniture, bedding, and kitchen equipment come from high quality class. We even have a brand new of everything. But don't expect to have a good service as the hotel itself still on the soft-opening stage. They don't even have a proper kitchen yet, so breakfast which included in the rate is really minimum. The staff trying to provide a good service, but clearly still lack of experience, coordination and maybe training. We clearly stated in our booking to have smoking room, and would change to other hotel if they don’t have one by our reservation date, and now here we are, have to go downstairs or to pool area for a smoke because by mistake, they might not read the requirement and no smoking room available up to now. The cleaning lady didn’t replace the supposedly complimentary 2 bottles of water, coffee, and tea package today. The concierge rarely picks up his phone and one of the receptionist acts like she's the queen of the city. If you expect to have a good rest during the day, you may be better off staying elsewhere. There’re some construction works going on in the neighborhood. Even with all window closed, the noises still got through the thin glasses. Also if you expect to have a good view of Kuala Lumpur, you’ll be disappointed, because here you may be able to have a conversation with your neighbor in the building next to your room. Conclusion…if you pay the full rate, you’ll be better of staying at the Ascott, Jalan Pinang, but for the rate we pay now, this hotel might deserved another chance of review after the grand opening on the 24th this month."

• Travel date: 17th June 2010

Apartment that has it all

Reviewed 25th March 2013

"FP is located at a mid-point between KLCC and Pavilion which makes travelling to twin towers and bukit bintang very convenient, all within a 5 to 8 mins walk. Its one street away from Crown Regency apartments, right behind a building with an Indian coffeeshop. Facilities wise, its all very nice with indoor hot jacuzzi, cold pools, steam and sauna rooms in both male and female changing rooms. The pool is adequate for simple laps, gets sun only after noon(for now) and has a great view of the city. There are two 'play' rooms on the same floor as the gym and pool (18th flr), but currently only is opened and is equipped with a Wii. Games are limited though. Early check-in was granted with no hastle and an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment. Amenities are fully functional and has everything one ever needs in a home. Internet is complimentary but quite slow at times, local calls are chargeable. Breakfast is continental don't expect lavish spreads, but coffee can be better though. If you're driving there's free parking. Must compliment front-desk associate/manager Chandran who made my check-out experience quite pleasant. Sincere and helpful, he's someone the rest of the team can emulate. But generally almost all staff I've encountered are friendly and genuinely smiley."

• Travel date: 4th June 2010

Feel like at home

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"Brand new hotel (May, 2010) with the capability tolet you feel at home. Extremely good value for money. Staff kind and professional and really looking after you whenever needed. The restaurant is still in construction by you can ask for in a room dining. The food will come then from the Italian restaurant just next door. The Spa in the hotel is nice, clean and comfortable...swimming at the 18th floor outdorr in the hotel swimming pool is simply priceless. Excellent location and room layout and furniture complete the description of this place. I indeed do recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

Amazing apartments in the party area of town

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"Stylish and modern apartments with anything and everything you could need. They are just amazing. You can also enjoy the swiming pool overlooking the city. Clean, spacious, well decorated.... It is located by the Petronas and in the party area... so if you are looking for a night out you just have to come out if the hotel... no noise though.... it is perfeclty located. The only thing I would complain about is the breakfast. It was included in the room for us but it was absolutely discusting. The pastry was hard, the eggs didn't taste of eggs and the orange juice was undrinkable... a real shame to end our stay on that note.... I would stay here again though... I will just miss the breakfast!"

• Travel date: 1st June 2010

Awesome place to stay in Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"I stayed at the Fraser place in May 2010 and I must say it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff at the hotel were so nice and accomodating of my needs. One of the concierges (Azizul) helped arranged my sightseeing tour and even went out of his way to help procure by bus tickets to Singapore. I cannot thank him enough!! What impressed me more was the personal touch and attention to detail. I know it only opened 6 months ago and they do not have a restaurant or bar yet, but there are plans in the pipeline. 2 other tourists I met on the tour were staying at one of the top 5 star hotels and they complained about the services offerred, when I told them about Fraser place, they felt they booked the wrong hotel. They have lots of apartments (2,3 and 4 rooms) to accomodate families with children too. I will be going back. I am glad I read the few reviewss about this place before booking, i was not disappointed. Thanks Fraser place......"

• Travel date: 18th May 2010

Hotels near Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur

Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur is also called

• fraser place kuala lumpur