About The Kunja Villas & Spa

• shuttle bus service
  • kitchenette
  • free airport transportation
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • babysitting
  • butler service

Good

Absolute bliss

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"We stayed in Kunja for 11 nights in August and had an amazing time. The villas are very spacious with a large private pool, great outdoor living space, and an amazing bathroom/bedroom. The service at Kunja was the best I have come across and very real. In true Balinese style we were always greeted with a smile and treated like royalty - Kunja took this to the highest level.
Breakfast is cooked personally in your villa each day, everything made to suit your requests. Although Kunja was slightly out of Seminyak centre (10 min drive) the hotel provides a free shuttle service which can be used whenever needed.
The only downfall to Kunja was the high prices - but you do pay for what you get......
My travel tip would be to take your Ipod. They have a stereo in the villa which is linked to speakers in the roof - great to be able to listen to your own music over a few drinks.
Highly recommended and if we can afford it we will definately be back!!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of August 2009

Staying in Seminyak? Stay at the Kunja.

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"The Kunja delivers absolutely unequalled value for money. And you won't find more accommodating and attentive service anywhere, at any price. We were 3 couples sharing a 3 bedroom villa and we had a fantastic time during our 12 day stay. If you're looking for villa accommodation that's safe, secure, comfortable and away from a busy hotel then you need look no further than the Kunja."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

Perfect - if I could live at The Kunja I would

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I spent a (too-short) week at The Kunja and couldnt praise it highly enough. After staying in other villas in Seminyak I found the Kunja to be the best value for money in terms of the beautiful rooms, the lovely breakfasts, the service and the pool (although I didn get a very good long stay rate).

While the location isnt right off the main street it is not far from anything if you hire scooters to get around as we did (and if you dont the Kunja staff will drive you anywhere you want to go)

After staying in some other villas that were closer to the main street I actually prefer the location of the Kunja as it is so quiet, at night all you can hear is whatever noise you choose to make!

The pool was truly remarkable, and a lot bigger than what I would class as a plunge pool...I have stayed at hotels where the pool for all guests was smaller than the one in our one-bedroom villa! And the bathrooms have to be seen to be believed, it was bigger than my loungeroom at home.

The breakfasts cooked in our villa every morning (by friendly and helpful staff) were delicious and pretty much whatever you wanted could be cooked right there in front of you.

All in all a fabulous, wonderful, relaxing break in gorgeous surroundings. Love the Kunja!"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of July 2009

Amazing staff, beautiful pool and gardens, nothing is too much trouble

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We chose Villa Kunja for a much needed break with our 18 month old. Our three room villa was perfect - the pool was great for kids, with a 20cm deep sunning area that allowed our toddler to splash around to his heart's content. The staff at the Kunja were extremely accommodating (picking up thrown bits of toddler food, retrieving pebbles from the bottom of the pool etc).
We had a BBQ for friends at the villa on our last night which was fabulous. The local musicians were more than happy to allow the tribe of under fives to take over on the instruments allowing their parents to eat dinner in peace.
The local transfer service was readily available, room service options were extensive, the in villa spa service was a treat and management even allowed us to use another villa on our day of departure at no charge (fantastic when you have a little guy who needs his naps!).
We would return in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of June 2009

Do yourself a big favour and spoil yourself here !!!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed here in a 3 bedroom villa on our own and never felt like leaving !! The villas are of superb quality and fitted out to superior luxury giving you a wonderful holiday experience. The staff are brilliant and cannot do enough for you always willing and smiling and go beyond to make you feel welcome. Try the in villa dining experience with your own private chef and waiter , the service and food was top class !!! and with wine less than 100 aussie for the lot ( dinner that is ) . We loved Kunja that much the we as regular Bali travelers will certainly return as soon as possible. Try it you will love Kunja !!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2009

Lovely Villa, but far from everything

Good
Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"The villas and rooms were lovely. The staff is extremely friendly and warm and do everything to make you feel comfortable. The villa was an experience in itself. However, I would like to mention that the villa is quite far from everwhere and though the hotel does provide a free drop to Kuta or Seminiyak, you need to get back on your own. The cost is susbstantial if you hire a taxi back everytime you want to go to the beach or market.

That said, I would recommend the villa to people looking for a peaceful and quite holiday, away from the crowds. However, if you want to be in the midst of activity this place is not for you."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Awesome super duper

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"We got a great rate on the 3 bedroom villa, cause most of the 18 villas (15 in all) are 1 bedroom Villas.
You can tell they used the same architect as The Villas and the Dusun, as they have that soaring roof.
What makes these Villas better is that they are 100 sq m bigger for the 1 bedrooms and 200 sq m for the 3 bedroom Villas. Being newer also helps.
There is nothing that I can fault about this place."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2008

The Kunja is a Hidden Gem

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Kunja for four nights from New Years Eve 2008. We wanted to stay somewhere exclusive, private and very luxurious.

Well, the Kunja was a stand out! The villas are gorgeous! Massive open air living areas, gorgeous bedroom, bathroom and the pool and grounds are fabulous.

Some people may not like that the living areas and bathroom are "open air" and so are whatever the temperature is outside but personally I liked it. It made me remember that I was on a tropical island and also appreciate just how good the air conditioning in the Bedroom was. The large open living area does have two ceiling fans made though which made the living area very comfortable. And if you do get hot, go for a swim in your private pool, completely nude, no one can see you over the 3m+ high rendered walls!

Every morning someone would come and make us breakfast in our own villa at a time we requested and we also arranged for two masseurs to give us private massages in the grounds of our private villa on transportable massage beds.

The staff were incredibly obliging, even running out for extra candles and chocolates late one night when we were feeling romantic.

The Kunja is for the discerning guest who wants to relax in private and doesn't need to be "seen" lounging by a big pool at a large resort.

With that in mind, it is worth stating that it does not have a bar, or its own restaurant. There is a bar adjoined to the reception but is not owned and run by the Kunja. But with free transport to and from anywhere in the Seminyak/Legian/Kuta area, who needs your own restaurant and bar?! Get one of their private cars to drive you to such places as Breeze at Samaya and Ku De Ta. (both excellent)

Last word: the photos almost do not do this Hotel justice. It is in fact more beautiful than their images show. I took some photos of our villa that make the ones on the web site look average. It truly is a great Hotel and I would highly recommend it.

Travis & Leonie Fancourt