About The Dusun

• butler service

Good

Something Wonderful to Remember

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I recently stayed at The Dusun with my daughter, my son-in-law and my 11 year old granddaughter. It was a truly memorable holiday. We stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedroom villa and 4 nights in a 3 bedroom villa. Both were beautiful. The rooms were tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean and the staff were so helpful and attentive. Everyone at The Dusun were so obliging and could not do enough for us. I will certainly look forward to another stay at The Dusun."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of November 2009

Exceeded my expectations

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Just back from a 7 day stay at the Dusun (staying in a one bedroom villa) and felt the need to pass on that teh Dusun exceeds in all areas. Villas were private, well kept and better than the pictures indicated. Staff are extremely helpful, friendly and very professional. (arranged jetsking at Nusa Dua with an hours notice, including pick up and return, restaurant bookings, etc). The cooked breakfasts were brillant although we did have breakfast at La Lucciano which is worth while also. Dusun is located within walking distance of La Lucciano, Breezes, Ku de ta, grocer and grind, seminyak square (bali baker and casa gourmet - deli and supermarket) and bodyworks (spa) is 100 meters away. The beach is about 500m down the road and great for a morning walk. Would strongly recommend the Dusun if you want peace and quiet and good service. Not a place for noisy party types. Thanks to all the staff for a great holiday and we will be back :)"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of September 2009

Fantastic is all I can say!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Well I promised to the Dusun staff and Robert that I would write a review on Tripadvisor and here it is.
My wife and I stayed in the villa for the first time. We were actually thinking of whether to stay at the Ayana, the Samaya and the Dusun. Ayana being far from Kuta was the only minus part. Wanted to stay at the Samaya because its rated #1 on Trip Advisor and that its facing right in front of the sea. But the rooms were fully booked.
So we finally took the Dusun and boy was it a good choice..
The location could be a small put off as walking to the beach requires a few hundred metres of walking but on the bright side, the Villa itself is fantastic. The staff were very friendly and remembered our names during our stay.. It was nice talking to the manager Robert and got some advise on how to enjoy the villa while using the internet. So indeed we did. A question in mind. Can it get any better than this??
The bathroom was nice. Bed was comfortable enough and I enjoyed reading the books they had while relaxing next to the pool.
I'm definitely coming back again within the next 2-5 years and it will be continuous as I was not dissapointed at all. The privacy of the villa was so good. Would definitely recommend my friends from Japan and Brunei to come over and stay in villa. Will visit you soon I really hope. One point, it would be better to have a nicer reception as we were kept waiting for a while before going to our room. Another thing, is there any improvement to control the mosquitoes being around.

Another plus was the free transportation to the city and airport. We actually forgot something in the car (paintings) so luckily I had the phone number and called the hotel and driver to turn back and within ten minutes, I got...
I'm pretty sure I am first Bruneian to stay in your villa, so hopefully after my friends and family hear about this villa from me, I hope I won't be the only person from Brunei to stay there.
So thank you very much DUSUN. You have indeed left part of our hearts in this villa."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of August 2009

Fantastic, beautiful villas in great Seminyak location

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"We loved the Dusun. The villas are beautiful with a wonderful pool and very comfortable sheltered outdoor living area. The service was great and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The Dusun is walking distance to Bodyworks, Kudeta, La Lucciola, Hu'u bar, Grocer and Grind and all the restaurants on 'Eat Street'. It's also a couple of minutes walk to the beach. After a hot day out, coming home for a swim and relax at the Dusun was just bliss."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

A Little Paradise!

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"My wife and I have just stayed at The Dusun the last week, and I am really impressed and satisfied with what I've had during my stay. From the beginning when I booked the villa, till the amazing reception to the villa .. etc. Everything is incredible. Lots of things are special about The Dusun, for example, the complimentary laundry service, the daily fresh and delicious breakfast which is cooked and prepared in your villa, the huge swimming pool (I actually booked the one-bedroom villa, but the hotel upgraded me for free to the three-bedroom villa) and lots more. The best thing was the swimming pool, it was really huge and clean, the water temperature was just perfect, but I do have two notes about the hotel which have really annoyed me. First and most important، the internet access in the villa is only limited to one hour per day!!! That's totally not accepted for a hotel that I have paid more than 450$ per night for! I mean, what is internet gonna cost the hotel!? Internet now is available easily and very cheap, why do you limit it for one hour, and what's worse, is that it's pretty expensive to have full internet access!!
The second note is for the hot water in the shower, I think that they have limited hot water tanks, because I frequently ran out of water when showering. Other than these two points, The Dusun is just the perfect place for a romantic and relaxing stay with great food and very helpful staff.

Note: The best candle-lit dinner decoration I have ever seen was in The Dusun!

Do not hesitate booking this hotel! (="

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

A little piece of Paradise

Reviewed Mon 25th of February 2013

"We decided to take our family (2 adult children and their partners) to Bali to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Little did we know with the help of the Dusun staff while still in Australia our children had organised a renewal of our vows ceremony in the privacy of our beautiful villa. Words cannot describe the way the villa was decorated with flowers and candles this plus a sunset to die for and a East meets West BBQ fit for the royal family all prepared for by the saff of the Dusan turned a very special day into a something that we will never forget. I cannot say enough about the Dusun and their staff, everything was perfect for our whole stay."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2009

Fantastic!!

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"We stayed in a 3 bedroom Villa – my wife plus 4 kids (1 teenager and 3 under 9). The Villas were great – clean and very well maintained. The staff were outstanding – so friendly. Lots of great restaurants nearby and the villa staff will drop you off if you don’t feel like the short walk.
If you have kids the Waterpark is a must and only 20 mins from the Villas. The Bali Safari is OK but a bit overpriced. We picked up a local driver who took us out to see the real Bali which is worth it amazing countryside.
We will be back."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of March 2009

A place to be treasured..... Loved it

Reviewed Sat 9th of February 2013

"My partner and I stayed at the Dusan Villas in October 2008. These Villas are exceptional both in the quality of the facilities and the staff who work there. From the first contact at the airport though to departure the staff were some of the best I have had the pleasure of coming in contact with. The villas are excellent with every possible small detail being covered. The breakfast cooked in you own villa is the way every such place should be. The location is difficult to find unless you know where to look but once there never forgotten."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of January 2009

Wow! We loved it!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We had high hopes for the Dusun, and we certainly weren't disappointed. The villa (we had a one bedroom) was our own private oasis - total luxury.

The staff really take this place to the next level. They made us feel like we were the most important people on earth. Two staff visited us every morning to prepare breakfast, one visited us each afternoon to prepare afternoon tea and two more arrived for the turndown service and to light our mosquito coils. Every single staff member seemed genuinely happy and wanted to ensure all our needs were met. We felt so spoilt!

The car service was fantastic - we got a lift into Seminyak, Kuta and to the airport twice (we had to go there to re-arrange flight details - thanks to The Dusun staff who helped us organise the changes).

We went to the beach down the road a couple of times but didn't swim - it looked dirty and there was quite a lot of rubbish on the sand (they burn it each night). Kuta however, was very clean when we were there.

Best places to eat - Kunis (Japanese) and Grocer and Grind.
Great massages from Cool Spa (ask for Adi) and the best facial from Body Works. All these places (and more) are a stone's throw from The Dusun.

Buy your Bintang and snacks from the mini-marts up the road, cheaper than buying them in the villa. Take CDs because there's a great sound system. Try both the American breakfast and the Indonesian breakfast - both are great and huge! If you get a chance, do one of the mountain bike tours over in Ubud.

The Dusun was fantastic and we're already planning to come back - as are all our friends!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

Sublime Week

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Went to Bali after a weeks work in Jakarta. Had been to Bali many times but never stayed in Seminyak before nor in a pool villa.
Was travelling with my wife and 20's daughter. Arrived late, after 11, driven down pokey laneway off main road into a beautfully lit property to be met by staff. Taken to our 3 thatched hut villa compound, WOW.
Goergeous high walled property, fabulous personal pool set in tranquil gardern with a decent deep end. Living areas including full kitchen all outdoors under thatched canopy. Individual rooms with kingsize beds in HUGE rooms with canpy over each. nets around you at night to ward off mosquitos but great A/C. Bathrooms attached to each room and are semi outside so take some getting used to.
Before retiring through our front door we're asked when we'd like breakfast, from 6.30 till late. All included and the staff actually arrive at the specified time with ingredients and cook it for you in your kithchen whil you either lounge around or swim. You can have it different every day, and different per person, no trouble.
While in your property you are completely private. If fact you can go the whole time and not see a sole. but when you want them they're there in less than a minute. Always smiling and happy.
Dusun is a very short walk to the beach, high end restaurants and not so high end, recommend La Luciola and Breeze (both beach front) plus just up the road away from the beach is an amazing coffee/supply/eatery called Grocer & Grind (you'll find an excuse to pop in everyday).
Only 13 units, no restaurant on site but they'll have food delivered in if you want to stay in (and you will) plus don't want to cook.
Hope we can go there again."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of December 2008

Five Star all the way

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"This a beautiful place to stay, given it was our honeymoon, the staff could not do enough, gorgeous people to deal with, I would highly recommend it for a few days, then stay in different parts of Bali, i.e. Ubud just to break it up a bit. Seminyak has a lot of road and building construction going on and is just as busy as Kuta. But the Dusun is very private, no outside noise and certainly couldn't hear the neighbours at all. The villas are very well maintained and clean, there was nothing I could fault about them at all. We loved it. As for the comment that the pool is not big enough to swim in the one bedroom villa (previous review), you fool, it is not a lap pool, it is a plunge pool to relax in and there is plenty of room, honestly!!! There is no pleasing some people.
I would highly recommend this for couples and families, we wll be bringing back our children to stay here."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of December 2008

Totally Georgous

Good
Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We stayed at The Dusun for four nights in September '07 and our only regret is that we could not stay longer!

What can I say about The Dusun that other reviewers have not already said?
"Luxurious solitude" best sums up the place and your own cook really does come to your villa to make breakfast!!!!

We stayed in a one bed villa with its own totally private pool - complete luxury! The villas themselves are mostly open plan with living area and kitchen overlooking the pool and separate bedroom and very cool bathroom! Being able to go for a swim at midnight in your own pool was sheer decadence, this is what holidays are all about!!

The villas are located just 10 mins walk from the beach. Several good restaurants are just a short walk away also ( La Lucciola and the famous Ku Te Da - perfect for sunset cocktails) although the staff will drive you anywhere you want to go and it is very easy and cheap to get a cab back in the evenings.

We had done most of our sightseeing earlier in our Bali trip so our last four days at The Dusun was a total chillout time and it did not disappoint.
I really cannot recommend The Dusun highly enough and will definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2007