The Pavilions Bali

Jl. Danau Tamblingan no. 76, Sanur, Denpasar 80228 Indonesia

Good

Pure Luxury!

"This place was simply stunning! We only stayed 1 night but would love to return.

We booked a 2 bedroom pool villa for 2 adults and our 3 children (2 babies and a 7 yr old). Everything about this accommodation speaks luxury. The gardens were manicured and beautifully designed and the design and fittings of the bedrooms were superb and of a high modern standand. The pool was quite large and would not be considered just a plunge pool. The separate living, dining and kitchen area was a good idea as our children could watch TV without disturbing other sleepers. Having breakfast served to us was a delight the next morning.

We're looking forward to returning again for a week next year! Very much recommended!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Cosy villa set in peaceful Sanur

Good

"My husband and I stayed at the Pavilions for the first time and it was also our first time in Sanur, Bali. The journey from the airport to the Pavilions took about 30mins, and when we arrived at the villa we had a 'welcome foot massage' and a drink.

The entrance to the hotel is quite hidden, which can be missed easily. The driveway has bamboo trees lined on both sides- which makes you wonder if you're in Bali.

The stay was wonderful, with the private pool which you can lounge around whole day. You can also make use of the hotel's extensive library of books and DVD collection. Breakfast is served at your villa, so you can have the privilege to sleep in a little longer and no need to get to join other guests at an otherwise crowded restaurant. Also, if you're thinking of a nice place to have a meal, check out Massimo Restaurant. It is about a 15mins walk from the hotel, and they serve delicions Italian food. Do save some space for their gelato!!!

Sanur is indeed peaceful, no bustling crowds nor loud places to put up with. So if you're thinking of a quiet, peaceful, and totally R&R trip- Pavilions is the place to stay."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of September 2007

The Best of Bali

"Bali Pavilions is located in Sanur, or as I would call it the heart of Bali. The hotel is not facing the beach, although you will not miss it as the surroundings are so nice and beach is within walking distance. If you don't feel like walking you can always take "the beach shuttle". Even though the shopping area and bars are closeby, you will feel like being far away from anywhere,

This property has two types of accommodation, garden and pool villas. I stayed in a garden villa and felt no need to have my own pool as the hotel pool was bigger and quiet. And I would say, it was rather more convenient having a garden with a water fountain full of fishes swimming around on my front yard, instead of a huge water reservoir. The villas are spacious and well equipped. Especially, I liked their balinese furnishing style.

Also, the hotel staff is kind and helpful. They will help you planning your stay and making it memorable."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Perfect in all ways

"This is the perfect hotel to retreat and relax. The staff are very professional and friendly, everyone from the drivers to the butlers, spa and reception.
The hotel is located in Sanur, so away from the madness and chaos of Kuta/Legian, and has some character unlike the fake/disneyland feel of Nusa Dua. The entrance is almost hidden and difficult to spot and the hotel itself is quite back from the main street, so very quiet. It is made up of 23 villas, all very intimate and each with its own outdoor space. Definitely go for the private pool villa, it is very worth it.
The spa massages are fabulous as is the cooking, we had a BBQ dinner which was fantastic.

The only negative part was actually having to leave!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

loved the Pavilions

"My husband and I stayed at the Bali Pavilions for six nights in a one bedroom pool villa at the end of may 2006. It was a lovely, serene place to relax.
I do recommend the pool villa. It was great to be able to sit by the pool, be able to listen to your favourite music (I brought my ipod with an adaptor for the stereo and it worked perfectly) and eat and drink whenever you wanted without having to lug all your stuff to the pool or beach.
the mini bar and room service were resonalbe for hotel standards but it was still far cheaper to buy snacks and drinks from the supermarket, and you are never short of restarants in the area.
I had a two hour spa sesion while I was there and found it very relaxing. You can find cheaper in the area but the cost $65US was far better than what I can get in australia anyway and the facility was beautiful.
the only thing that put us off was in the evening was the outdoor area did attract alot of mozzies the hotel provided mozzie coils but remember to pack the mozzie repelant and maybe some citronella candles. Remember though we are in the tropics.
Also to have a butler come in with breakfast in the morning and clean up afterwards was fantastic.
I would love to return and am contemplating the Pavilions Phuket this year."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of May 2007

Beautiful, calm and quiet

"We stayed at Bali Pavilions as part of our honeymoon last year. I found out about it whilst browsing on the internet, and decided it was just what we were looking for- a small and personal hotels, with accomodation in villas.

We stayed in a Garden Villa- which was a good size and beautifully decorated. There was a small patio area and a water feature at the front, complete with sun loungers. There was a real sense of privacy, even though the villas were actually close together. There really wasn't any need to have a pool villa as we found the main pool often empty and private anyway.

The service was just perfect- attentive without being over the top. Breakfast was served to the villa each morning, and meals were available all day at the small bar area. The prices were very reasonable also. Including the mini bar and room service- which is a refreshing change from many hotels.

A complementary foot massage on arrival was a lovely touch.

The hotel is set back from the main road, however it only lakes about 5 mins to walk to the beach or to many of the laid back bars and restaurants in the area.

We would both recommend this hotel very highly, especially if you like smaller hotels. We would certainly return!"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of February 2007

Affordable luxury

"The villas are fantastically private so great for a romantic getaway!

Definately go for the pool villa. The pools are huge and at just the perfect temperature for frequently cooling dips. The rest of the villa is lovely too especially the massive bedroom with four poster bed and french windows opening onto the garden.

Sanur is packed with really good restaurants. Just walk out the front of the hotel and turn right for more choice then you'll need for a weeks stay. There are different levels of restaurant from the 'basic tourist' at just a few £'s to the 'very smart' where we spent about £15 on a meal for two with drinks. We had a meal by the pool in the hotel one night which was just superb - a seafood bbq - this was included in the package we booked.

We didn't bother with the beach as the villa's are too nice to leave!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

Fantastically Private

"Spent 8 nights here on our honeymoon in September of this year. Had the most amazingly relaxed time.
The villa was so private we felt like we were in our own home.
Having our own pool was amazing, and even after having seen photos of it on the website, we were surprised at how large the pool was.
the villa was gorgeous. A large lounge area, well kept kitchen, massive bathroom with both indoor and outdoor showers. Up the spiral staircase the bedroom was lovely. A huge canopy bed with an ensuite bathroom.

The staff were so friendly and often stopped for a chat as they brought breakfast or came to clean the room. They were genuinely interested in us and our holiday as much as we were in them.

From the outside, you nearly pass it without noticing, a bamboo lined avenue sets you up for the luxury within.

Right in the heart of Sanur, I don't think we ventured more that 300 metres from the hotel for 7 of the days! Fabulous restaurants in both directions as you head onto the main street. If I ever went back, I'd stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of December 2005

Simply superb

"We spent six nights here during our honeymoon and couldn't recommend it too highly. The reception we received was wonderful. The room and private pool (do pay the extra for your own pool - what luxury!) were splendid. The service throughout was exemplary. It is very quiet and secluded, and although close to the beach, it is so attractive at the Pavilions, you don't need to leave. It was apparently fully booked during our stay, though we barely saw a soul. Several lovely restaurants within walking distance, which are good value. The overall value of the hotel was also superb."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of November 2005

Absolutely Amazing!

"We have recently returned from a trip to Bali, and we stayed at the Pavilions for our last two days. If you are looking for tranquility and luxury, this is your place. I can't praise it enough - the villa was stunning (own pool, spiral staircase to the amazing bedroom and ensuite), with a kitchen, lounge, and the best bathroom in the world (indoor AND outdoor power showers, big marble sunken bath, and double marble sinks). Our butler was lovely, and nothing was too much trouble. The mini bar, surprisingly, was the cheapest we have found on all our travels, and the food was to die for (very extensive menu). In fact, so happy were we with the facilities (including the spa), that we hardly ventured out for the entire two days.

I like the fact that this place is practically invisible from the outside - the very slim entrance is lined with bamboo trees, and very private, and the villas can not be seen from the road. The staff are fantastic, and we can't wait to go again, even though we said we would never go to Bali again (after our second trip) because there are lots of other places we want to visit. This place has definitely changed our minds."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of March 2005

Hotels near The Pavilions Bali

Stayed at The Pavilions Bali? Share your insight.

The Pavilions Bali is also called