Tandjung Sari

Jln. Danau Tamblingan No. 41, Sanur, Denpasar 80228 Indonesia

Good

hands down, the best in Sanur

"i cant imagine that any other place in Sanur is as special as the Tandjung Sari with its history (the first boutique in Sanur starting in 1962) and charm (only 26 villas). the spacious grounds and incredibly homey bungalows which are situated right on the beach are full of outstanding wooden and stone antiques, the likes of which you will be hard pressed to find elsewhere in Bali except at other institutions concerned with preservation (like the Komaneka properties in Ubud). this is the kind of place you sort of only want to tell close friends about (never strangers!!) for fear of it becoming too booked up! there is a huge staff of front office people, porters, gardeners, pool attendants, a security guard at the beachfront, etc. etc. and yet despite the staff you always have a feeling of serenity and privacy.. only 2 small issues: not the best breakfast (although lunch and dinner were very good), and restaurant staff incredibly slow and forgetful.... otherwise entire experience was outstanding. there is one of those annoying middlemen under the name ABL Tours trying to siphon bookings with their own website with similar name -- stay away from ABL and book direct with Tandjung's official website at tandjungsarihotel.com/ and youll be all set."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

Great place to relax

Good

"I reserved a room at Tandjung Sari as me and my girlfriend wanted an upmarket place to chill out in before heading back home.

Overall, the place is great as well as the service. We especially enjoyed the location and the small details in our bungalow, i.e. an outdoor shower as a bonus.

The place is very good, and I would recommend anyone interested in reading a book in a quiet setting to stay here: they even have a small library. However, I'd like to point out that in our case the prices published on Tandjung Sari's website were lower than what we got upon confirmation, and it took some convincing before I got the published rate.

During our last breakfast, and few hours before our check-out and departure, however, I got a call from the outside although no-one, with the exception of the staff, knew that we were staying at Tandjung Sari. The caller turned out to "offer" me a Time Sharing-deal with all the usual cons involved. As I pointed out to the staff that I got an outside call, they immediately replied that it had to be from a Time Share-agency, even though I had not told any details about the call. As I pointed out that no-one from the outside knew my whereabouts, the staff stated that the agencies get their information from the immigrationdesk at the airport. Needless to say, the immigration shouldn't have known where we were staying either. This implies that someone of the staff inform dubious Time Share-agencies of their current guests."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Perfect!

"Having stayed at both the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel in Nusa Dua and Tandjung Sari, Sanur while on this trip to Bali, I feel quite confident in saying that Tandjung Sari was a far better experience. The Nusa Dua Beach Hotel was a huge resort with a nice beach. However, it lacked the Indonesian feel of the Tandjung Sari with its little bungalows. The bungalows were beautiful, fairly large. They had separate outdoor private areas, enclosed outdoor showers (small private courtyard), large bathrooms and anything else one would need. The only thing I thought odd was that the shower was outside, connected with the bathroom in a small private courtyard. It ended up being fine. The indoor bathroom also has a huge bathtub if you prefer to take a bath. Laundry service was inexpensive and fast. A/C worked great.

The hotel grounds were nice, very green. The pool looking out onto the beach was great (towels provided). The whole outdoor dining/sitting area along the beach and pool was fantastic. The beach was nice and Tandjung Sari provided chairs/ umbrellas. The food /bar was great, although service was sometimes slower than what I wanted.

Overall, I had an excellent time. The staff were very friendly and happily made arrangements (such as currency exchange, taxis, etc.). I would definitely come here again."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

simply the best

"This hotel made us change our mind about Sanur. Because the baseline is "Bali's best kept secret since 1962" I won't write more about this hotel. But do not hesitate : it is simply the best. The kind of hotel you fall in love with. And never forget."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of January 2007

Beautiful boutique hotel

"This fantastic hotel we found hidden under specialist accomodation Sanur, in trip advisor. It is in fact a great small boutique hotel, in the true sense. It has been run by the same family since about 1960, and has maintained its standards since then.
The hotel has 26 individual rooms each with private garden; the rooms are beautifully furnished in a local Balinese style, much of the furniture being antique. The rooms are surrounded by lovely gardens, which run down to the fantastic tree shaded pool, resaurant/bar and beach. Everything is quiet, gracious and has a quality and individuality which is hard to find in a modern hotel world.
This hotel cost us £760 for 9 nights B&B and we had the most expensive beach room. We had the service and quality of say the Datai[but not location !]for a fraction of the price.
This hotel is wonderfully situated in the middle of Sanur, so the attractions of this charming low key resort are all within walking distance, on the tree shaded beach path.
A final attraction, and the best.....you will not find better hotel staff, they loved their hotel and treated guests as they would friends.
If you want to get the best deal dont use the web booking service but e-mail the owner direct at-[--].
This hotel is Bali beach at its best, if you want a special and different hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of November 2006

romantic getaway

"I stayed with my love one in this beautiful boutique hotel. We were at peace and enjoyed the calmness of the beach tremendously. We stayed in a village bungalow and were astounded by the spacious setting of the living area, bedroom and bathroom.

The room itself is enough to keep you indoor but we chose to explore Sanur and denpasar. It is authentically Balinese. The large sunken bath and outdoor shower are awesome. The bed is guarded by a large statue of a mythical Balinese idol. The bed is prepared every night with the netting covered and room sprayed with insecticide.

The Bale outside our little hut is a perfect setting for lovers to romanticised the evening with wine and love making.
Each hut is secluded from each other and there is ample privacy even during daylight.

The beach is very clean with gentle waves. Next door is the Besakhih and Griya Santrian. We went to have a look at the room in Pavillion. Although the room has TV and DVD player, the tranquility of the beach front property of Sari is no match to the oasis just across the road.

My love one enjoyed his tanned by the beach and I enjoyed the breeze. It is worth splurging for a nite or two here as it is a totally different feel than big hotels. Food is excellent and a hospitable place to stay in if money is not a factor."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

A true Balinese gem

"This hotel is a true jewel. Everything you want from a genuine Balinese hotel, delightfull staff, beautifully designed rooms, the best food and a superb location.

There are many big and luxurious hotels on the beach strip of Sanur, but Tandjung Sari is a special one. The history of the island of Bali is reflected everywhere in the hotel: beautiful genuine balinese art is used to decorate the rooms. All rooms are private houses build in Balinese style. The rooms can be called luxurious, without having "gadgets" all around; don't expect bubblebath, satelite tv etc. Luxurious in this hotel means private gardens, huges beautiful bathrooms with relaxing bath and (outside) showers, kingsize beds, etc.

The staff is a delight and the restaurand serves the best indonesian food of the island. We have not found a more delicate and original taste. Especialy the Vegitarian Nasi Campur, with about 10 different little dishes is supurb.

The swimming pool is not big, but big enough to cool down from a hot day, and in between the restaurant, the beachbar and the library. The garden gives a quiet atmosphere to the place although you're in the hart of Sanur."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

A Special Place

"We stayed here for 3 nights after touring Asia for a month, it was sooo relaxing. Get a beach bungalow, we had one right at the front with a second story, outdoor shower and the best bathtub I've ever had the pleasure of relaxing in! Food was excellent and the service superb! Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of March 2006

Loved the Tanjung Sari

"We stayed at this hotel last new year's eve.This hotel is still reflected from its golden time. The hotel is not big but very cosy. The reception, restaurant and garden are designed in a way that we can feel a real authentic balinese atmosphere. The breakfast was served in a very personal and attentive service. We really enjoyed it when we had it by the lovely pool in front of the Sanur beach. This hotel is really a gem in Bali. We will definitely suggest all friends to stay and enjoy this hotel when they go to Bali."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of March 2006

Wonderful Place

"We stayed at the Tandjung Sari for one week during our Honeymoon and loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the staff were gracious, and our room was very spacious, well-decorated and extremely comfortable. We sat at the bar and stared out at the ocean for hours in the evening. We stayed in many hotels in all price ranges on our trip, and this place certainly matched up with hotels that were much more expensive. From what we saw, this is where to stay if you're in Sanur. We will stay there again for sure when we make it back to Bali. If you want to try the best Italian food in Bali, be sure to check out The Village restaurant, just down the road."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2005

Hotels near Tandjung Sari

Stayed at Tandjung Sari? Share your insight.

Tandjung Sari is also called